Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Match Thread 15:05 - Dec 29 with 33380 viewscolinallcars

Let's 'ave yer…..
A tough 2-2 draw.
Luton Match Thread on 20:50 - Dec 29 with 2791 viewswortonranger

Luton Match Thread on 20:16 - Dec 29 by traininvain

Taking off Chair for Willock was a low point tonight. That’s twice in two games that Critchley’s made the mistake of not having them on the pitch at the same time. Anyone who’s had a cursory glance at how we play over the past couple of years would know that’s a mistake.

And I’ve defended Dykes on here but I’m quickly losing confidence in him. He always seems to be on his heels and a couple of yards behind the game. Even his chance in the second half was made to look more difficult because he didn’t anticipate the cross from Roberts.

Comms said Chair was injured. Had certainly disappeared after half time
Luton Match Thread on 20:54 - Dec 29 with 2734 viewstraininvain

Luton Match Thread on 20:42 - Dec 29 by ManinBlack

Now watching Antiques Roadshow and the Subbuteo player in blue and white hoops has just scored a goal. Sign him up! The owner interviewed is a QPR fan so a fellow sufferer. At least Fiona is worth watching unlike my team.

I don't want to defend the deserter but the way we have played since he left against Burnley, Cardiff and Luton you can understand that managing the Gers and winning all the time is a damn sight easier than staying with us. He could see behind the scenes how bad things are and it was a tougher job than he realised. We are in a right old mess yet again.

We were top of the league before his dalliance with Wolves and the aftermath that’s largely been a product of Beale’s disloyalty. Thats not to say that the club isn’t a bit of a basket case but let’s not pretend that Beale hadn’t done us up a kipper this season. Unfortunately it’ll take the club a while to recover from the events of the past few months.
Luton Match Thread on 20:56 - Dec 29 with 2687 viewsQPR_Jim

Luton Match Thread on 20:22 - Dec 29 by Sakura

That was a disgusting performance

I want to like Critchley but serious questions must be asked if he thinks Shodipo is a footballer

Then playing Roberts I assumed was to have him in and around Dykes but he played no where near the isolated Dykes

Total an utter shambles. Sickening

I thought Shodipo was more of a threat than Roberts and Willock when he came on.
Luton Match Thread on 21:01 - Dec 29 with 2576 viewsE17hoop

Luton Match Thread on 20:56 - Dec 29 by QPR_Jim

I thought Shodipo was more of a threat than Roberts and Willock when he came on.

Shodipo had a better second half and stood out a bit - not difficult with the slop around him. Still no better than a 6 for his second half.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Luton Match Thread on 21:03 - Dec 29 with 2528 viewsSakura

Even if that were true and we decided to ignore that Roberts put it on a plate for Dykes a few yards out

Shodipo has been at the club 8 years he never has and never will be good enough for this level. That’s the starting point.

A number of players on the bench should have played ahead of him
Luton Match Thread on 21:03 - Dec 29 with 2535 viewsSuperhoops2808

I agree

I groaned when I saw Shodipo starting and fully expected a full rant on this thread by many

BUT, he was one of the better players tonight in a poor display. Why on earth he was taken off is beyond me

NC is not convincing me currently thats for sure
Luton Match Thread on 21:06 - Dec 29 with 2491 viewsBushRanger82

Luton Match Thread on 18:39 - Dec 29 by blavod

Who’s going to sign Dykes?

Judging by all the ink on him, just about everybody has!
Luton Match Thread on 21:09 - Dec 29 with 2451 viewsEsgaroth

Not sure I can remember seeing Loftus Road empty as rapidly as it did when the 3rd hit the net.

As nice a bloke as I'm sure Lyndon is I just don't think he will ever score goals for us.

Luton did a number on us tonight, throwing themselves on the floor at every opportunity and conning the ref all night, this is something we don't seem to do as we are too nice.

Gonna be a rough ride for the rest of the season if the players don't 0ull their fingers out and start wanting it.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Match Thread on 21:25 - Dec 29 with 2308 viewsManinBlack

Luton Match Thread on 20:54 - Dec 29 by traininvain

We were top of the league before his dalliance with Wolves and the aftermath that’s largely been a product of Beale’s disloyalty. Thats not to say that the club isn’t a bit of a basket case but let’s not pretend that Beale hadn’t done us up a kipper this season. Unfortunately it’ll take the club a while to recover from the events of the past few months.

We were pretty poor at Luton when things were going well. The manager playing around was clearly unsettling but then we have been riddled with mentally weak and injury prone crocks for years. I have no doubts some of our players are feeling sorry for themselves for the deserters behaviour.

I then look at how the Luton players have responded to losing their manager. They lost to a stoppage time goal at in form Middlesbrough while they were down to 10 men, they beat Norwich, getting the winner after going down to 10 again and stuffed us tonight. By comparison we are weak as water.
Luton Match Thread on 21:28 - Dec 29 with 2257 viewsericgen34

I think you mean Taylor Richards. I thought he was good when he came on, and he replaced Shodipo who I thought was quite poor, although he always tried
Luton Match Thread on 21:32 - Dec 29 with 2214 viewsed_83

First time I’ve ever left a game early, beyond embarrassed that the team I support could think that was an acceptable performance.

We lacked creativity, organisation, energy and courage all over the pitch: didn’t want the ball badly enough when out of possession, didn’t know what to do when we won it back, and on the rare occasion we stumbled onto an attacking opportunity we didn’t have the quality to capitalise.

We all know this squad’s capable of so much better than this. Even if we were toothless at Cardiff and Preston we at least looked committed and well-drilled defensively. No idea what’s happened to us, but it really does underline the scale of the job Critchley’s taken on.
Luton Match Thread on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 2185 viewsBushRanger82

Luton Match Thread on 20:49 - Dec 29 by qprxtc

F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck F uck
ing load of f ucking bollocks.

And shit.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Luton Match Thread on 21:41 - Dec 29 with 2121 viewssdm1508

Really think it's time to go 343 and also drop dykes to the bench for a bit. Can understand Wilock being rested. Clearly has a confidence issue, nervous about his injury and not fit. Think Tim could do with a break too. Would like to see Dickie, Dunne and JCS. Laird and Paal as the wing backs. Field and Richards in the middle with Roberts up top with Chair and Wilock up top. Or if Wilock still out of sorts, Richards up with Chair and either Stefan (sounds like he'll be back soon) or Tim in the middle
Luton Match Thread on 21:43 - Dec 29 with 2096 viewsQPRSteve

According to Critchley, there has been an illness running through the squad with Chair, JCS and Dozzel all affected. I wonder how much that affected the performance?
Luton Match Thread on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 2062 viewsAntti_Heinola

Luton Match Thread on 21:41 - Dec 29 by sdm1508

Really think it's time to go 343 and also drop dykes to the bench for a bit. Can understand Wilock being rested. Clearly has a confidence issue, nervous about his injury and not fit. Think Tim could do with a break too. Would like to see Dickie, Dunne and JCS. Laird and Paal as the wing backs. Field and Richards in the middle with Roberts up top with Chair and Wilock up top. Or if Wilock still out of sorts, Richards up with Chair and either Stefan (sounds like he'll be back soon) or Tim in the middle

yep, worth remembering that we were on this sort of run two years ago and Jojo and Austin came in and it all changed.

Or, you know, we could sink like a stone :)

Bare bones.

Luton Match Thread on 21:58 - Dec 29 with 1988 viewsNorthantsHoop

Flat tonight again at home, no real pattern to our play,
but Luton took their chances and that 3rd goal was a cracker. Critchley either has to stumble on a new formula or just try and stem the rot, otherwise it's going to be a tough watch until end of the season.
Luton Match Thread on 22:24 - Dec 29 with 1882 viewsDamo1962

Luton Match Thread on 21:25 - Dec 29 by ManinBlack

We were pretty poor at Luton when things were going well. The manager playing around was clearly unsettling but then we have been riddled with mentally weak and injury prone crocks for years. I have no doubts some of our players are feeling sorry for themselves for the deserters behaviour.

I then look at how the Luton players have responded to losing their manager. They lost to a stoppage time goal at in form Middlesbrough while they were down to 10 men, they beat Norwich, getting the winner after going down to 10 again and stuffed us tonight. By comparison we are weak as water.

Absolutely nailed it.
Luton Match Thread on 22:36 - Dec 29 with 1809 viewsjohnhoop

Looks like what I was hoping was the “new manager bounce” after Preston was actually the “dead cat bounce.”
Luton Match Thread on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 1803 viewsNed_Kennedys

Luton Match Thread on 21:01 - Dec 29 by E17hoop

Shodipo had a better second half and stood out a bit - not difficult with the slop around him. Still no better than a 6 for his second half.

Shodipo had no end product: had so many chances to cross the ball tonight and turned back.
Nowhere near the level required.
Roberts I thought had a better game but most of his work was just too far behind Dykes.
Chair and then Willock were dire tonight: not involved enough and not making a difference.
We miss Stefan but that’s about the only player of any note out so new manager needs to work with what he’s got and find a way to score goals quickly otherwise the second half of the season could be calamitous…..
Luton Match Thread on 22:59 - Dec 29 with 1693 viewsHantsR

Luton Match Thread on 20:42 - Dec 29 by ManinBlack

Now watching Antiques Roadshow and the Subbuteo player in blue and white hoops has just scored a goal. Sign him up! The owner interviewed is a QPR fan so a fellow sufferer. At least Fiona is worth watching unlike my team.

I don't want to defend the deserter but the way we have played since he left against Burnley, Cardiff and Luton you can understand that managing the Gers and winning all the time is a damn sight easier than staying with us. He could see behind the scenes how bad things are and it was a tougher job than he realised. We are in a right old mess yet again.

...but when the Subbuteo QPR striker had the final shot to win the cup, it was saved! Fiona always worth watching - sadly I couldn't attract her attention when Mrs Hants and I appeared on the Antiques Roadshow, episode shown in February.

Sorry if comment is a bit off thread - I just feel so miserable tonight.
Luton Match Thread on 23:03 - Dec 29 with 1670 views1JD

Our centre midfield is a real problem. Overall, I’m increasingly questioning what Tim Iroegbunam is meant to bring to the CM position?

Bar the odd run forward which normally amounts to nothing due to poor pass selection, I’m not sure what he brings.

He is poor at tracking runners (see the third goal, a pattern in his game). does a token jump for headers, and often dangles a leg for attempted but failed tackles. For someone his size, he lacks physicality. He has a lot to learn. Desire and work rate being high on the list. I’d like to see a change for the next game.
Luton Match Thread on 23:12 - Dec 29 with 1622 viewsmonners1969

Luton Match Thread on 22:37 - Dec 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Shodipo had no end product: had so many chances to cross the ball tonight and turned back.
Nowhere near the level required.
Roberts I thought had a better game but most of his work was just too far behind Dykes.
Chair and then Willock were dire tonight: not involved enough and not making a difference.
We miss Stefan but that’s about the only player of any note out so new manager needs to work with what he’s got and find a way to score goals quickly otherwise the second half of the season could be calamitous…..

Disagree - plenty of balls in the box and some of them decent but now second body running a different line

We’re in a rut - and we need the whole squad to get out of it
Luton Match Thread on 12:36 - Dec 30 with 1181 viewsthemodfather

we created but got few in the box. why did willock not start?
we got hit clincially when they broke, they were big, strong and took their chances.
dykes missed a good chance, we hit the bar but few shots on target. for all that possession.
Luton Match Thread on 16:53 - Dec 30 with 1043 viewsPinnerPaul

My view - you can't pick players based on their best form over the last couple of years.

Willock has not done a thing since he came back from injury.

Chair played 4/5 blind passes to no one last night, ran down a few blind alleys and tried to walk pass the whole Luton team a couple of times, before disappearing completely 2nd half.

Based on what NC has seen totally understand why he did what he did last night.

Armstrong now our latest saviour, based mainly on the fact that he in the team - why some think he would transform us if he played I don't know - he wouldn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024