Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley post match comments 21:29 - Dec 29 with 6554 viewsHooparoo

Apparently we were “unlucky” and everyone tried hard. Which fcking game was he watching? The excuses are out already after only 3 games FFS!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Critchley post match comments on 10:15 - Dec 30 with 1737 viewsParkRoyalR

Critchley post match comments on 10:02 - Dec 30 by daveB

I watched the game at home due to not finishing work on time, kind of agree with his assessment to be honest. We started well, got into some good positions but final ball was poor, Luton were far more clinical, every chance they had was either on target or a goal, they looked like a team who believed in what they were doing, was the reverse if the same fixture last season when I thought Luton dominated chances and the ball but never looked like scoring

Some of the comments on the team and manager seem well over the top to me, it's not even the worst we've played this month, performance and effort wise i didn't see much difference to this and the last 2 games, main difference was Luton took their chances.

Big problems in the team though, key players like Chair & Willock miles off it at the moment. The midfield are struggling and Dykes badly needs help up front, so isolated all game. Loan players seem to be getting stick on twitter but thought Laird kept going last night and was probably our best player again

Agree, one stand-out for me was how aggressively they defended their goal (Shodipo"s early cross, Dykes late miss) compared to how passively we defended ours (Laird for the first - altho think he was distracted by Luton player outside him in off-side position)

Likewise how they got players forwards to attack the penalty area.

Our failure to get players forward attacking their box and defending ours aggressively were the stand-outs made worse by gifting them a two goal lead.
Critchley post match comments on 10:45 - Dec 30 with 1683 viewsMole_Senior

I have to agree with you on Tim. There’s no doubting his ability but for me he is sooooooo frustrating and gives the impression he’s just here to get some game time. There have been quite a few goals conceded this campaign where Tim hasn’t tracked his man (possibly naivety) and then dangled a half-hearted foot to prevent a shot, which subsequently leads to a goal!

I appreciate we’re short in this department at the minute, but when all are fit, Jojo and Amos would come straight back in for me.
Critchley post match comments on 10:55 - Dec 30 with 1638 viewsBklynRanger

Of all the players I'd guess Tim was very much tied to the PBBC. Didn't come in initially but was, it seemed, brought here based on the established links that Moleface had with Villa and working with him.

I think he got a lot of praise and encouragement from him too - one of those training videos from maybe a month ago Tim plays a cross field ball and Moleface can clearly be heard shouting "Fcuking love it Tim".

So when you combine his age, the fact that he's still figuring out how to apply undeniable skill with the right level of judgement and intensity, it was probably inevitable there'd be work to do around the departure.
Critchley post match comments on 14:18 - Dec 30 with 1487 viewsPetros

Critchley post match comments on 10:02 - Dec 30 by daveB

I watched the game at home due to not finishing work on time, kind of agree with his assessment to be honest. We started well, got into some good positions but final ball was poor, Luton were far more clinical, every chance they had was either on target or a goal, they looked like a team who believed in what they were doing, was the reverse if the same fixture last season when I thought Luton dominated chances and the ball but never looked like scoring

Some of the comments on the team and manager seem well over the top to me, it's not even the worst we've played this month, performance and effort wise i didn't see much difference to this and the last 2 games, main difference was Luton took their chances.

Big problems in the team though, key players like Chair & Willock miles off it at the moment. The midfield are struggling and Dykes badly needs help up front, so isolated all game. Loan players seem to be getting stick on twitter but thought Laird kept going last night and was probably our best player again

This is a good, measured summation.
Critchley post match comments on 17:17 - Dec 30 with 1387 viewsPinnerPaul

Helped out a bit by Nick's soft interviewing, but then he does work for the club so understandable.

BUT the first question, Seny had very little to do - what apart from pick the ball out of the net THREE times - is that not good enough, they have to make him produce wonder saves as well?

Also a lie that he had NOTHING else to do, even before their goal, they had a volley from inside the arae that, luckily, went straight to him, either side, that's a goal as well.

Can hardly say the Luton keeper was 'over worked' can we?
Critchley post match comments on 18:15 - Dec 30 with 1327 viewscharmr

I personally think he’s called it pretty close about all the games since he’s been here.

No doubting his coaching credentials yet if our crosses can’t clear the first defender(Ainsworthesque, but that was ok) and the little to no movement off the ball especially ahead of it he’s got his work cut out.

Too many fans think putting a shift in and getting your shirt dirty is the answer, it ain’t.
The local pub team, maybe.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 18:24]
Critchley post match comments on 19:43 - Dec 30 with 1252 viewsdm97

Some of the reaction to NC in particular is absolutely insane. The guy has been there three games, probably had less than a week of full training and people (here and on social media) are genuinely questioning whether he’s up to it? That is insane, like full on head in the sand don’t let them drive a car insane.
Critchley post match comments on 14:44 - Dec 31 with 1069 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley post match comments on 21:43 - Dec 29 by Antti_Heinola

I thought the 'ooh 2 clean sheets' was generous at the time, and today proved it. Preston had a golden chance, Cardiff had three golden chances - only luck that all 4 went begging. I didn't see much difference in the Preston game to what was happening and is still happening.
But we were told by Blackpool that when backs against the wall he'd get a result - let's hope that's right.

How come its 'luck' when the oppo miss but bad play when Lyndon does the same?

PNE's best chance was foiled by Seny, have to give credit where its due - that's good play by us, not 'luck'.

Think its a pointless argument - wasn't it you who pointed out nearly every game in the Championship can be said to have gone one of 3 ways if you pick out isolated incidents?
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley post match comments on 20:40 - Dec 31 with 925 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I understand not wanting to throw your players under the bus, particularly so early in your managerial tenure, but that interview was the biggest pile of BS I've heard in a long time. 3 nil was a fair reflection of the game. There were no fine margins, QPR were comprehensively beaten by a fitter, better organised, highly motivated, and more fluid Luton team.

I caught the game at Beaconsfield Services where I'd stopped for a bite to eat with my family after a day with the in-laws (oh joy of joys). A large burrito is difficult enough to handle without all the sniggering from the hundreds of punters watching that shit show on the big screen. When I pitched up to our table with the kids' MacDonald's, we were already 1 nil down. When I bought dessert at half-time I returned to find us 2 nil down. I looked at my wife and said, 'Don't you dare order coffee'.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 20:45]
Critchley post match comments on 09:45 - Jan 1 with 804 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley post match comments on 20:40 - Dec 31 by Benny_the_Ball

I understand not wanting to throw your players under the bus, particularly so early in your managerial tenure, but that interview was the biggest pile of BS I've heard in a long time. 3 nil was a fair reflection of the game. There were no fine margins, QPR were comprehensively beaten by a fitter, better organised, highly motivated, and more fluid Luton team.

I caught the game at Beaconsfield Services where I'd stopped for a bite to eat with my family after a day with the in-laws (oh joy of joys). A large burrito is difficult enough to handle without all the sniggering from the hundreds of punters watching that shit show on the big screen. When I pitched up to our table with the kids' MacDonald's, we were already 1 nil down. When I bought dessert at half-time I returned to find us 2 nil down. I looked at my wife and said, 'Don't you dare order coffee'.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 20:45]

On the interview side, if the first question is "Seny didn't have a save to make did he?"

and another is " You seem happier than after the Cardiff game" it rather lends itself to those responses.

Yes I know Nick works for the club and yes I know that other club interviewers take the same line, but thought the line of questioning, like NC's responses, was so at odds with the match that it was laughable.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 11:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024