Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long Throws 10:06 - Mar 20 with 3583 viewsdaveB

One of the many things that left me a bit baffled on Saturday was at what point do the players realise that Aaron Drewes long throw is not that long and they should perhaps come a bit closer to it rather than see the defender on the edge of the six yard box just head them all away. 4 games now about 25 of these long throws and I don't think we've won the first header on any of them.
Long Throws on 10:16 - Mar 20 with 3524 viewsRs_Holy

At least his throws remain on the pitch!
Long Throws on 10:17 - Mar 20 with 3524 viewsenfieldargh

Drewe does not possess a long throw, the length of time the ball spends in the air just prolongs the time before the opposition retrieve possesion

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Long Throws on 10:18 - Mar 20 with 3519 viewsterryb

At what point will the officials notice that his trailing foot is off the ground & is a foul throw?
Long Throws on 10:35 - Mar 20 with 3439 viewsNottsQPR

Long Throws on 10:17 - Mar 20 by enfieldargh

Drewe does not possess a long throw, the length of time the ball spends in the air just prolongs the time before the opposition retrieve possesion

This absolutely. I know Lyndon had that horrific effort but he genuinely has a bomb of a long throw. Drewe doesn’t, and although I know you’d want Lyndon in the box we have enough big targets in there to allow him to take a few.
Long Throws on 10:42 - Mar 20 with 3395 viewsfrancisbowles

I disagree. Drewe does have a long throw. We've seen it in away games. Unfortunately, he can't seem to get enough of a run up in the confines of Loftus Road. I think he needs to do that old thing of leaning back over the wall at front row of the stand and trying to get that marginal extra distance in his approach to the throw.

I think Darnel Furlong had a similar problem when he was with us. His throw seems a fair bit longer these days.
Long Throws on 10:44 - Mar 20 with 3388 viewsToast_R

When your target man is also the player luzzing it in, there's already a problem presenting itself.
Long Throws on 11:25 - Mar 20 with 3297 viewsdaveB

Long Throws on 10:42 - Mar 20 by francisbowles

I disagree. Drewe does have a long throw. We've seen it in away games. Unfortunately, he can't seem to get enough of a run up in the confines of Loftus Road. I think he needs to do that old thing of leaning back over the wall at front row of the stand and trying to get that marginal extra distance in his approach to the throw.

I think Darnel Furlong had a similar problem when he was with us. His throw seems a fair bit longer these days.

even in the away games how often have we won the ball from one? I've no problem with Drewe trying a long throw but it might help if we had 2/3 players on the edge of the six yard box to try and win the header rather than just Dunne at the near post with the ball never getting that far.
Long Throws on 12:01 - Mar 20 with 3173 viewsTheChef

Long Throws on 10:18 - Mar 20 by terryb

At what point will the officials notice that his trailing foot is off the ground & is a foul throw?

At what point will QPR give up on football and take up something more worthwhile?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Long Throws on 12:19 - Mar 20 with 3118 viewsParkRoyalR

Long Throws on 12:01 - Mar 20 by TheChef

At what point will QPR give up on football and take up something more worthwhile?

Just another example of poor preparation,

The run-off on the side of our pitch is so small, both Dykes and Drewe have to arc their runs to get more than a two-step run-up,

Dykes was trying to dry the ball on his shirt before his throw and with that angled run-up its slipped out of his grip and straight into the away-end,

Afterwards you could see him gesticulating to the bench to get some towels out as WBA do for Furlong etc,

For me it was one of those things, what was far worse was SJ's abysmal set piece late on and prior, really not acceptable for a professional footballer at this level to fail to get the ball into the mixer at those key moments, not good enough.
Long Throws on 12:37 - Mar 20 with 3079 viewsToast_R

Long Throws on 12:01 - Mar 20 by TheChef

There should be a series like Kitchen Nightmares but called Football Nightmares.

My God, QPR would be a lot to sort out that's for sure. Rich guys buy club with no experience at all and wonder why their business is so f*cked.

A quick look at the football and its a horrendous bowl of slop and the staff feel under motivated and are taking the owner for a mug.

A delve around the back and its worse than we thought. The online ticketing system is riddled with bugs. The youth team can't produce anything fresh and the people in charge are in complete denial.
Long Throws on 13:10 - Mar 20 with 3016 viewscorse

Long throws are a way to try scoring when all other things you ve tried dont seem to work. Good example of that last saturday. Though it didnt quite work as it ended to goal kick.
Long Throws on 17:08 - Mar 21 with 2693 viewsPinnerPaul

Long Throws on 10:18 - Mar 20 by terryb

Before he releases it?

My standard response if someone thinks I've missed one of those or blame the AR - usually AR does feet and ref does hands.
Long Throws on 17:32 - Mar 21 with 2650 viewssevenhoop

He has got a long throw but here is not enough room at the side of the pitch at loft is road for a long enough run up for the throw
Long Throws on 18:06 - Mar 21 with 2581 viewsPinnerPaul

On a lighter note for 10 years from 1863 whoever touched the ball first when the ball went out of play for a throw, was allowed to throw it back in - whover had kicked it out.

Would LOVE that to be the case today - can you imagine?!
Long Throws on 22:21 - Mar 21 with 2406 viewsSK_hoops

Long Throws on 12:37 - Mar 20 by Toast_R

There should be a series like Kitchen Nightmares but called Football Nightmares.

My God, QPR would be a lot to sort out that's for sure. Rich guys buy club with no experience at all and wonder why their business is so f*cked.

A quick look at the football and its a horrendous bowl of slop and the staff feel under motivated and are taking the owner for a mug.

A delve around the back and its worse than we thought. The online ticketing system is riddled with bugs. The youth team can't produce anything fresh and the people in charge are in complete denial.

Long Throws on 00:37 - Mar 22 with 2334 viewsTacticalR

Some footage of Les Ferdinand making a mess of things on 3:20 in that Nick Hancock video.

Air hostess clique

Long Throws on 03:56 - Mar 22 with 2234 viewssevenhoop

He has got a long throw but here is not enough room at the side of the pitch at loft is road for a long enough run up for the throw
Long Throws on 05:25 - Mar 22 with 2188 viewsstowmarketrange

Long Throws on 03:56 - Mar 22 by sevenhoop

It didn’t seem to hinder the Birmingham player too much when he launched another missile into our box on Saturday.
Long Throws on 08:39 - Mar 22 with 2031 viewsfrancisbowles

Long Throws on 05:25 - Mar 22 by stowmarketrange

It didn’t seem to hinder the Birmingham player too much when he launched another missile into our box on Saturday.

He was almost a foot taller, so that gives him a 'head' start.
The length of run up is different for each thrower and it may be that a smaller player needs a quicker run up.

As I said earlier, he should try leaning backwards over the front row wall and then propel himself forward. I've seen players do that in the past.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024