Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Shop 21:06 - Jun 12 with 5225 viewsHooparoo

Anyone else find the club shop to be virtually unusable? Probably guilty of child abuse but I’ve managed to indoctrinate my two kids into following the Rs so I thought I’d grab a couple of things for them. Shop site is completely useless so I guess I won’t bother in future. I thought the club needed revenue. Amateur 🤷🏻‍♂️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Club Shop on 22:14 - Jun 12 with 4385 viewsJeff

I’m pretty sure it’s because it’s end of season so they’ve sold everything already.

They already had the cash only concourse sale, that would have shifted a boat load of the old stuff?

Can we not knock it?

Club Shop on 22:32 - Jun 12 with 4325 viewsHooparoo

Club Shop on 22:14 - Jun 12 by Jeff

I’m pretty sure it’s because it’s end of season so they’ve sold everything already.

They already had the cash only concourse sale, that would have shifted a boat load of the old stuff?

Maybe that’s why. I’m just a cranky old bugger these days

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Club Shop on 00:22 - Jun 13 with 4213 viewsNorthernr

You're right to be cranky. We need to start being aggressively cranky. This club is on the drift.

A club with FFP problems, pleading poverty, trying to explain why we can't do this and that... summer holidays, people wanting to buy gear for kids, amateurish website with no gear to sell anyway, no news on a kit launch date, no old kit to sell.

Are we poor or not poor? Threads on here over and over again from people trying to spend their money at QPR and finding it difficult. We're trying to give you our money. TAKE IT.

Player kit sponsorships another one - used to be a big thing in the programme, home, away, gloves/pads for every player available, sold out every season, now ludicrously expensive and not pushed anyway, just the same 20 people doing it out of habit and cobbing along to an end of season photo session which most of the players this year ducked out of early because Arsenal have got a big game on TV and they're all going to watch that. Have you ever seen a promotion for kit sponsorship packages? Could you even hazard a guess at how much they cost? How you go about it? Do you even know they're still a thing

Finer details. It's not ok. It's not ok.

We're basically being run as if we're Scunthorpe United. As if it's our fault for wanting to be able to buy a fcking polo shirt. You want merchandise? In June? Are you mad?
Club Shop on 01:47 - Jun 13 with 4162 viewsBoston

Club Shop on 00:22 - Jun 13 by Northernr

You're right to be cranky. We need to start being aggressively cranky. This club is on the drift.

A club with FFP problems, pleading poverty, trying to explain why we can't do this and that... summer holidays, people wanting to buy gear for kids, amateurish website with no gear to sell anyway, no news on a kit launch date, no old kit to sell.

Are we poor or not poor? Threads on here over and over again from people trying to spend their money at QPR and finding it difficult. We're trying to give you our money. TAKE IT.

Player kit sponsorships another one - used to be a big thing in the programme, home, away, gloves/pads for every player available, sold out every season, now ludicrously expensive and not pushed anyway, just the same 20 people doing it out of habit and cobbing along to an end of season photo session which most of the players this year ducked out of early because Arsenal have got a big game on TV and they're all going to watch that. Have you ever seen a promotion for kit sponsorship packages? Could you even hazard a guess at how much they cost? How you go about it? Do you even know they're still a thing

We're basically being run as if we're Scunthorpe United. As if it's our fault for wanting to be able to buy a fcking polo shirt. You want merchandise? In June? Are you mad?

How long is it going to take the happy clappers to cop on we're being run by.....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Club Shop on 06:42 - Jun 13 with 4046 viewsdistortR

Players not turning up - when a great friend died, we sponsored Chris Day's shorts (Or something) in his memory. When the sponsors meet the players at the end of the season, one of our number (Dee) took Joe's son. Chris Day had looked at who was sponsoring him, found out who was coming, presented the lad with a full kit (Not just the shorts), top, top man.
As an aside, Dee was a bit put out that after Danny Shittu found out Dee was the woman who shouted '' 'Ave 'im!" periodically, at the top of her voice, apparently he couldn't keep a straight face whenever he walked past her!!
Club Shop on 07:21 - Jun 13 with 3990 viewsDejR_vu

You’re howling at the moon, on all levels.

That being said, you’re the only one on here who has any chance of moving the dial. People need to start seeing what’s in front of their eyes and start agitating if they don’t want to see the club extinct. After the season we’ve had, absolutely no change, and it’s ‘meh’.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 7:26]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Club Shop on 07:36 - Jun 13 with 3955 viewsDejR_vu

Club Shop on 01:47 - Jun 13 by Boston

How long is it going to take the happy clappers to cop on we're being run by.....

If it hasn’t happened by now, it’s never going to happen

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Club Shop on 07:39 - Jun 13 with 3954 viewsGaryBannister86

Absolutely. It's all about standards. If the people in the club are apathetic, how does that help? The dirty handprints on the Ainsworth end of season video got my goat. Minor details, other things to worry about.....yes, but just a big sign of the overall malaise. I bet you most other clubs would have spotted it and reshot it. Us? Nah, it will do.

Ticket website a load of absolute rubbish and has been for years? But...but...it's a template, difficult to fix blah blah blah. Get it sorted. Tell us about it.

Rail seating? Has it been a success? End of season marketing / videos about it / explanation.....might there be any more put in place? Hello? Hello...... HELLO?

It will do. Is that our motto at the moment? Bumbling on by?
Login to get fewer ads

Club Shop on 07:45 - Jun 13 with 3920 viewslightwaterhoop

Its been mentioned on here before but Action Replay Sports in Ruislip sell QPR kits both adults and kids.They have a website and do online sales as well.
Club Shop on 08:03 - Jun 13 with 3888 viewsThird_Division_South

Many on here have praised Luton for their recruitment process and this is another area where they can teach us a lesson. They push their sponsorship quite hard, read out the sponsors name when the player scores and have a sit down sponsorship meal with the players one to a table. Another revenue stream we seem to be pissing away.
Club Shop on 08:27 - Jun 13 with 3839 viewsstevec

I think some of them have finally woke up.

The present owners took over a club that four years earlier had pretty much given up on ever getting back to the top level and had rather miraculously turned that ship around. These owners managed to make an almighty mess of it, and the subsequent £42m fine has knocked the stuffing out of them. All their faults, they know it, probably hanging around more out of duty now, admirable to be fair, but the clubs become a shell of itself.

If they did have any gumption or fight left in them they’d have shown Les and his entire crew the way to the door by now. Still no action.

Everyone knows it, the club staff will be just as disillusioned I’m sure, the club is rudderless.

Personally think relegation would have stirred things up for the long term good. We’d have flushed out just how much the owners are committed to this club. In terms of a buyer I’m convinced we’d be a far more attractive proposition as a league one club than a floundering championship club.
Club Shop on 08:39 - Jun 13 with 3809 viewsTheChef

Club Shop on 07:45 - Jun 13 by lightwaterhoop

Its been mentioned on here before but Action Replay Sports in Ruislip sell QPR kits both adults and kids.They have a website and do online sales as well.

Adult sizes they were running low too - think I got the last Large for the away shirt.

Home shirts available for 25 quid at Vintage Football Shirts.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Club Shop on 08:53 - Jun 13 with 3777 viewsMalintabuk

Nail head hit.... fathers day Sunday and it is a ritual that I get something QPR from the grand kids... so went on line yesterday to see what I may be getting

A bathrobe...a wallet or socks... that is it !!!!

We must be a total laughing stock our club.... Millwall have just spent 2mill on a player... we will be lucky to spend 2 bob ... but I can get a crested blue wallet... you know where you can stick that
Club Shop on 09:55 - Jun 13 with 3657 viewsCateLeBonR

Tbf. If the club shop was chock-full of merch at the start of June then they’d be doing something wrong. We’d be getting people on here moaning about the bloody amateurs at club who can’t sell out their previous years stock.

I’m all for getting angry about stuff but you’ll have to give me something better than this.
Club Shop on 09:56 - Jun 13 with 3647 viewsHAMRanger

Not sure if this was the reason?
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/online-superstore-reopens-120623/
Club Shop on 11:26 - Jun 13 with 3464 viewsDannyPaddox

If you’re quick you can still pick one of these up.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 11:27]
Club Shop on 12:39 - Jun 13 with 3316 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Is that guy who was selling the fake Guinness shirts still active? The club should get him to run the club shop - we'd beat FFP easily.
Club Shop on 13:02 - Jun 13 with 3216 viewsAntti_Heinola

How long is it going to take for fans to stop using reductive insults aimed at fellow fans who may simply have a more optimistic outlook than the person using them?

Bare bones.

Club Shop on 14:26 - Jun 13 with 3031 viewsNorthernr

Club Shop on 09:55 - Jun 13 by CateLeBonR

Tbf. If the club shop was chock-full of merch at the start of June then they’d be doing something wrong. We’d be getting people on here moaning about the bloody amateurs at club who can’t sell out their previous years stock.

I’m all for getting angry about stuff but you’ll have to give me something better than this.

So, I agree with you.

It's a ridiculous thing to be cross about. I bet it's the same every June actually. It just 'matters' (in as much as it does matter) this year because we're sht.

But coming back to the podcasts we were discussing earlier in the week with the Brighton CEO, it was all about finer details. Lots and lots and lots of finer details adding up to one big, successful organisation. He specifically referenced the merchandising operation, and the ticketing operation in that - "do our staff know our fans well enough to make sure the ground is sold out every game, do they know our fans well enough to make sure the atmosphere is as good as it could be."

At QPR at the moment it just feels to me like the finer details are being missed time and again.

So you can't buy merchandise online in June. Big deal, right? I mean I'd have thought you'd be looking to sell stuff for summer holidays, stuff for father's day, but it's not massive. What you getting upset about?

Just the same as the pre-season tour being announced late, in a sht place, against sht opposition, isn't really a big deal. They had to wait in case we went down, it's not meant to be a pis up. What you getting upset about?

Just the same as the ticketing website being a bit unwieldy (I'm being kind here, it doesn't fcking work, it's a fcktastrophe, but let's be nice and describe it as unwieldy) isn't a big deal. I mean I did eventually manage to wrestle a ticket for up to 12 people out of it for every away game last year, and they arrived in good time at my house and everything. What you getting upset about?

Just the shame as the disabled waiting room at the ground being a dank room with no facilities and the ceiling falling in. They don't spend all day in there do they, the wheelchair folk. They're here to see the game, they'll be outside soon enough, it's just a holding area. Doesn't matter really. Grand scheme. Old ground. What you getting upset about?

People like to moan don't they, particularly when the results are bad. If we'd won eight of the last ten games, none of this matters.

But, again, for me, it's painting a bigger picture. Sheffield summed it up really well on the pre-season tour thread.

1 - After the season we've just had, the club should be falling over itself to do everything it can to get supporters onside, repair the mood, build the atmosphere, build the anticipation. My God is that team going to need some support this season. Is it doing this? So far we've had a (very good, I enjoyed it, loved it infact) season ticket video the underlying message of which was "well what else you gonna do" and Gareth going on Talksport to say he's "scared".

2 - To really hammer our case for a new ground, and for FFP reasons, we need to not only be selling the ground out, but have a waiting list for tickets. Are we close to that? What are we doing to get there? Do our 'new season ticket' prices really offer any kind of value to tempt a new fan in? Is the ticketing website helping us here? (Incidentally I gather the club are redoing the ticket website this summer, and we provided feedback into that and they've been monitoring the thread about it on here, so we'll see).

3 - The point of this thread - how many of these threads have we had this summer, either people struggling to renew season tickets, or people struggling to buy gear? My frustration here is most of the other threads on here are about how FFP headroom is horribly restricting our transfer activity. The club patiently explain this. I patiently explain this. But then revenue streams that are available to them are either broken, out of stock, 'unwieldy' or just plain sht. Surely they should be falling over themselves backwards to sweat every penny they can out of every one of us weirdoes?

Like I say, team winning, doesn't matter. But I think it's all one big thing. Small details adding up to a big success. I know we don't like Beale, but when we sat down with him in August he said he couldn't believe some of the stuff that went on here, because it's "always been that way". He particularly referenced the players wandering into Loftus Road under their own steam, in their everyday clothes, at about 1pm on a matchday, through the crowds on SAR, having fed themselves in the morning. He couldn't believe it. Said it was like Sunday league. Said it transmitted an immediate message and image to the players about what sort of a club this was and how seriously it was taking it. Immediately changed it to suits, and a team lunch in the ground at midday. Have to say I think he was right.

Everywhere you look it just feels like a sort of malaise. I really hope the excellent new training ground (a huge win) might help change that.

But, anyway, there's another 1500 words you didn't need from me, and I do appreciate I'm miserable about QPR atm even by my standards so I'm sorry. I'm just a bit fearful about our direction of travel currently. Bookmark this and bring it back in May when we're promoted and I'll look a tit (not for the first time).
Club Shop on 15:52 - Jun 13 with 2863 viewsMalintabuk

Club Shop on 14:26 - Jun 13 by Northernr

So, I agree with you.

It's a ridiculous thing to be cross about. I bet it's the same every June actually. It just 'matters' (in as much as it does matter) this year because we're sht.

But coming back to the podcasts we were discussing earlier in the week with the Brighton CEO, it was all about finer details. Lots and lots and lots of finer details adding up to one big, successful organisation. He specifically referenced the merchandising operation, and the ticketing operation in that - "do our staff know our fans well enough to make sure the ground is sold out every game, do they know our fans well enough to make sure the atmosphere is as good as it could be."

At QPR at the moment it just feels to me like the finer details are being missed time and again.

So you can't buy merchandise online in June. Big deal, right? I mean I'd have thought you'd be looking to sell stuff for summer holidays, stuff for father's day, but it's not massive. What you getting upset about?

Just the same as the pre-season tour being announced late, in a sht place, against sht opposition, isn't really a big deal. They had to wait in case we went down, it's not meant to be a pis up. What you getting upset about?

Just the same as the ticketing website being a bit unwieldy (I'm being kind here, it doesn't fcking work, it's a fcktastrophe, but let's be nice and describe it as unwieldy) isn't a big deal. I mean I did eventually manage to wrestle a ticket for up to 12 people out of it for every away game last year, and they arrived in good time at my house and everything. What you getting upset about?

Just the shame as the disabled waiting room at the ground being a dank room with no facilities and the ceiling falling in. They don't spend all day in there do they, the wheelchair folk. They're here to see the game, they'll be outside soon enough, it's just a holding area. Doesn't matter really. Grand scheme. Old ground. What you getting upset about?

People like to moan don't they, particularly when the results are bad. If we'd won eight of the last ten games, none of this matters.

But, again, for me, it's painting a bigger picture. Sheffield summed it up really well on the pre-season tour thread.

1 - After the season we've just had, the club should be falling over itself to do everything it can to get supporters onside, repair the mood, build the atmosphere, build the anticipation. My God is that team going to need some support this season. Is it doing this? So far we've had a (very good, I enjoyed it, loved it infact) season ticket video the underlying message of which was "well what else you gonna do" and Gareth going on Talksport to say he's "scared".

2 - To really hammer our case for a new ground, and for FFP reasons, we need to not only be selling the ground out, but have a waiting list for tickets. Are we close to that? What are we doing to get there? Do our 'new season ticket' prices really offer any kind of value to tempt a new fan in? Is the ticketing website helping us here? (Incidentally I gather the club are redoing the ticket website this summer, and we provided feedback into that and they've been monitoring the thread about it on here, so we'll see).

3 - The point of this thread - how many of these threads have we had this summer, either people struggling to renew season tickets, or people struggling to buy gear? My frustration here is most of the other threads on here are about how FFP headroom is horribly restricting our transfer activity. The club patiently explain this. I patiently explain this. But then revenue streams that are available to them are either broken, out of stock, 'unwieldy' or just plain sht. Surely they should be falling over themselves backwards to sweat every penny they can out of every one of us weirdoes?

Like I say, team winning, doesn't matter. But I think it's all one big thing. Small details adding up to a big success. I know we don't like Beale, but when we sat down with him in August he said he couldn't believe some of the stuff that went on here, because it's "always been that way". He particularly referenced the players wandering into Loftus Road under their own steam, in their everyday clothes, at about 1pm on a matchday, through the crowds on SAR, having fed themselves in the morning. He couldn't believe it. Said it was like Sunday league. Said it transmitted an immediate message and image to the players about what sort of a club this was and how seriously it was taking it. Immediately changed it to suits, and a team lunch in the ground at midday. Have to say I think he was right.

Everywhere you look it just feels like a sort of malaise. I really hope the excellent new training ground (a huge win) might help change that.

But, anyway, there's another 1500 words you didn't need from me, and I do appreciate I'm miserable about QPR atm even by my standards so I'm sorry. I'm just a bit fearful about our direction of travel currently. Bookmark this and bring it back in May when we're promoted and I'll look a tit (not for the first time).

I always enjoy your columns Clive and they are a strong reason I enjoy the site, and the posters
But this one does sum us up and it is so sad. I already have my brother and his boys contacting me about seats this coming season and I will be weighing in yet again to slep down next season... and most likely be p!ssed off after nearly every game....
But what really gets me is our apparent lack of professionalism in doning things and moving us forward.
It is almost as if the whole club is just waiting to fold so they can sell LR off and recoup at least a little of what they squandered
I'm fast approaching being totally p!ssed of being a QPR supporter. Ig I wasn't I would definitely be better off.... much easier to live with.... have more time doing things I enjoy like banging your head against a wall... or clamping your nuts in a vice.... because belive me we ain't enjoyable to support...
But come August I will be in SA stands dreaming .... you never know this just might be the year....
Club Shop on 17:25 - Jun 13 with 2695 viewsPaddyhoops

In defence of the club shop . I popped in on my way home from work a couple of weeks ago to renew my season ticket . Staff at box office were very polite as were the girls in the club shop.
You’re right though . Online website is shocking .
Club Shop on 17:48 - Jun 13 with 2645 viewsSheffieldHoop

Was it ever this bad under Mike Pink? Tbf I suppose the online superstore was still being run off a catalogue in those days.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Club Shop on 20:38 - Jun 13 with 2474 viewsParkRoyalR

Club Shop on 14:26 - Jun 13 by Northernr

So, I agree with you.

I agree with all of this, its about standards, which is why I was so sad to see Warburton leave as he was a professional who got up early, had a shave, was always smart and presentable and had an obvious work ethic.

I know I should'nt call individuals out, but if it was my company (HR aside), I give Hoos or whoever 12 weeks to sort out that website or terminate their employment.

Club-shop wise, I was copied in on a whatsapp a season or two ago where someone had lets just say 'come into possession of' a large amount of QPR merchandise (tracksuit tops, bottoms etc - all decent stuff) with each set containing 5 items being offered for £ 50, no questions, with 100 odd sets for sale - how does this amount of current stock going missing from your inventory if you're running a tight operation?!

I appreciate people have had different experiences to mine, but as someone who buys their away tickets from the box-office mid-week, it reminds of those waiting areas in 1970's Mini-Cab offices,

Everyone just lounging around doing the minimal; this is front of house customer facing, smarten yourself up, dont leave a customer standing while your scrolling through your social media, c'mon start from the bottom up and set some standards ffs.
Club Shop on 21:25 - Jun 13 with 2384 viewsOldPedro

Club Shop on 17:25 - Jun 13 by Paddyhoops

In defence of the club shop . I popped in on my way home from work a couple of weeks ago to renew my season ticket . Staff at box office were very polite as were the girls in the club shop.
You’re right though . Online website is shocking .

A couple of times on the last couple of years, I've rung the club shop to see if they have some kit which the online shop haven't had and I've always found them to be very helpful.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Club Shop on 21:31 - Jun 13 with 2367 viewsNorthernr

Club Shop on 21:25 - Jun 13 by OldPedro

A couple of times on the last couple of years, I've rung the club shop to see if they have some kit which the online shop haven't had and I've always found them to be very helpful.

Likewise tbf. Like the guy that runs the shop a lot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024