Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour 20:01 - Aug 13 with 41772 viewsTheChef

Up to 2 million apparently.

We shall see...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 19:52 - Aug 14 with 4741 viewsdmm

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 18:28 - Aug 14 by Dorse

I like to think that, somewhere, there is a group of Maori rugby players being made to Morris Dance by their new manager, all making that face.

One of your best Dorse
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:16 - Aug 14 with 3972 viewsstrikerace

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:05 - Aug 13 by paulhoop2

Watford away I was sitting next to Willocks family last week. From listening In to convos I don’t think the lad wants to be here or is very impressed with Ainsworth

Its got to be something like this, he is too talented a player to not be out there unless he doesn't want to be. If Willock wants out due to a personality or style conflict then trade him. He is not doing us any good right now anyway.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:23 - Aug 14 with 3932 viewsBurnleyhoop

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 12:45 - Aug 14 by daveB

could be other reasons than he is a bad egg though. Ainsworth himself has said he wanted them to play a style like Wycombe which Willock can't do so there hasn't really been a place for him in the team

He'll go and be put in the same bracket as Bright and Manning, bad eggs used the club etc but the club don't come out of this well either, had an outstanding player on their hands and completely miss managed him to the point you can't even pick him

Notwithstanding Ainsworth admitting his “style” and formation was way off for the Watford game and he suddenly realised the need to use the squad appropriately and to their strengths.

So would Willock now fit into a style that isn’t based on Wycombe mark 2?

Academic now and I guess we will never know, apart from Clive.

What a waste.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:55 - Aug 14 with 3780 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:23 - Aug 14 by Burnleyhoop

Notwithstanding Ainsworth admitting his “style” and formation was way off for the Watford game and he suddenly realised the need to use the squad appropriately and to their strengths.

So would Willock now fit into a style that isn’t based on Wycombe mark 2?

Academic now and I guess we will never know, apart from Clive.

What a waste.

It's all great shame.

But Ainsworth has only started him three times I believe.

No opportunities to show his skills and for me that's on Ainsworth.

People bashing Willock, remember we bought him for £750k, we will make a profit.

If figures are to be believed he wasn't in the top half dozen on the payroll, yet two of the top three highest wage earners were Adomah and Dozzell, neither of whom have ever at all performed at the levels Willock has done for us over one season, yet there are so many of our fans quick to bash Willock despite all that.

As said Dozzell and Adomah not had that and they have both been consistently picked by Ainsworth and still not performed.

And as a few others have said, finally Ainsworth chooses a style of play that would suit Willock and its obvious Ainsworth doesn't want Willock.

Willock, I am certain wants to play but he has not been picked.

For me he will go down as a successful signing, we will make a profit on him, and he has been outstanding at times during his time with us,and I am sure he will improve elsewhere but for the last half of last season he simply was not picked. That has been the issue. We will regret this as we did with letting Warburton go.

People forget lots people criticised Les Ferdinand for being lazy and one guy near me was constantly bemoaning Eze not getting involved. Now Willock.

Our fans sometimes can be brutal.

I hope he does well and stays. If Ainsworth has found out his style was the style we were playing before he came along, maybe Willock will stay.

Sure he will be picked on Wednesday if he is staying.

I think Dickie left because of the massive criticism the fans vented his way. But Dickie was being picked every game. Willock has hardly been picked at all and has had pelters. I understand if he wants a move, but if he does go, I wish him well.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 23:16 - Aug 14 with 3700 viewsHitch

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 18:28 - Aug 14 by Dorse

I like to think that, somewhere, there is a group of Maori rugby players being made to Morris Dance by their new manager, all making that face.

More chance of Harry Redknapp performing Shakespeare.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 23:23 - Aug 14 with 3652 viewscaliforniahoop

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:55 - Aug 14 by numptydumpty

It's all great shame.

People bashing Willock, remember we bought him for £750k, we will make a profit.

If figures are to be believed he wasn't in the top half dozen on the payroll, yet two of the top three highest wage earners were Adomah and Dozzell, neither of whom have ever at all performed at the levels Willock has done for us over one season, yet there are so many of our fans quick to bash Willock despite all that.

As said Dozzell and Adomah not had that and they have both been consistently picked by Ainsworth and still not performed.

And as a few others have said, finally Ainsworth chooses a style of play that would suit Willock and its obvious Ainsworth doesn't want Willock.

For me he will go down as a successful signing, we will make a profit on him, and he has been outstanding at times during his time with us,and I am sure he will improve elsewhere but for the last half of last season he simply was not picked. That has been the issue. We will regret this as we did with letting Warburton go.

People forget lots people criticised Les Ferdinand for being lazy and one guy near me was constantly bemoaning Eze not getting involved. Now Willock.

I hope he does well and stays. If Ainsworth has found out his style was the style we were playing before he came along, maybe Willock will stay.

I think Dickie left because of the massive criticism the fans vented his way. But Dickie was being picked every game. Willock has hardly been picked at all and has had pelters. I understand if he wants a move, but if he does go, I wish him well.

Spot on
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 00:32 - Aug 15 with 3470 viewsNorthernr

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 23:23 - Aug 14 by californiahoop

Spot on

It's not. It's really not.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 00:56 - Aug 15 with 3414 viewsChrisNW6

It's all great shame.

The problem is not Ainsworths, that ship has sailed.

He's was offered a new contract on improved wages last year and the only reason he didn't walk on a free was the one year extension (thanks Les).

Cash in now he has no affinity with this club and he is thinking about his own career (can't blame him).

Not sure he will ever get the purple patch he had with us at another club.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 01:40 - Aug 15 with 3373 viewsconnell10

It's all great shame.

Yep and don't let the door hit his arse on the way out!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 02:33 - Aug 15 with 3306 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 00:32 - Aug 15 by Northernr

It's not. It's really not.

Sorry Clive

Appreciate you may have insider knowledge but where was I wrong in this.

I think Willock has been a success

Ainsworth hasn't picked him throughout

If he has been offered new deal and he not accepted, the fact Ainsworth hasn't picked him and understandable he not signed it. Its been said his dad heavily involved in negotiations and obviously was holding out for better deal that he felt his son could get elsewhere. And Ainsworth style until last game was not accommodating Willocks best which Warburton and Beale managed.

We will make profit on him, he has not been paid that highly compared to others or do you know something there ???

He has had at least season and half when he been here when he has been very good

He will do well elsewhere because he is a quality player.

He has had injuries. But consequently not selected. Is the reason for his non selection where you say I am wrong. I not happy with the last half season but can't knock the rest of his time with us.

Happy to be told otherwise on this if you have inside knowledge on any of this.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 3:00]

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour (n/t) on 03:03 - Aug 15 with 3279 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 01:40 - Aug 15 by connell10

Yep and don't let the door hit his arse on the way out!!

[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 3:04]

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 03:14 - Aug 15 with 3270 viewsFredManRave

Any X updates so we can put this to bed?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 04:00 - Aug 15 with 3224 viewsSydneyRs

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 02:33 - Aug 15 by numptydumpty

Sorry Clive

If he has been offered new deal and he not accepted, the fact Ainsworth hasn't picked him and understandable he not signed it. Its been said his dad heavily involved in negotiations and obviously was holding out for better deal that he felt his son could get elsewhere. And Ainsworth style until last game was not accommodating Willocks best which Warburton and Beale managed.

We will make profit on him, he has not been paid that highly compared to others or do you know something there ???

He has had at least season and half when he been here when he has been very good

He has had injuries. But consequently not selected. Is the reason for his non selection where you say I am wrong. I not happy with the last half season but can't knock the rest of his time with us.

We all know how talented he is and how good he can be. However, the current situation stinks of an attitude problem. Chair is also a creative attacking player and has no problem getting games under Ainsworth, so why wouldn't he pick Willock if he was displaying the right attitude and form?

Ainsworth won't suffer people who aren't all in for the team and culture he's trying to build. It seems that Willock wants away, which is fine if you keep working hard while here and being paid a good wage by QPR, but has effectively downed tools. Fact is at present there's been little or no interest in him. As I've already mentioned he could have signed a new deal and would still get a move if his form warranted it.

Sorry I just do not buy a Willock as the victim scenario. Nothing I've seen suggests that might be true. If he was working hard and playing well he'd have more interest if he wants away and it would also benefit both QPR and Ainsworth to use him.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 06:10 - Aug 15 with 3107 viewsQPROslo

I find it very hard to believe Boro would pay £2 million for a player who hasn't played this season and hardly this year, is injury prone, and hasn't played well for 10 months or so now. Unless they are so comfortably off and FFP safe it's just pocket money for them, and they can afford to take what would be a big risk.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 06:54 - Aug 15 with 3038 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 04:00 - Aug 15 by SydneyRs

We all know how talented he is and how good he can be. However, the current situation stinks of an attitude problem. Chair is also a creative attacking player and has no problem getting games under Ainsworth, so why wouldn't he pick Willock if he was displaying the right attitude and form?

Ainsworth won't suffer people who aren't all in for the team and culture he's trying to build. It seems that Willock wants away, which is fine if you keep working hard while here and being paid a good wage by QPR, but has effectively downed tools. Fact is at present there's been little or no interest in him. As I've already mentioned he could have signed a new deal and would still get a move if his form warranted it.

Sorry I just do not buy a Willock as the victim scenario. Nothing I've seen suggests that might be true. If he was working hard and playing well he'd have more interest if he wants away and it would also benefit both QPR and Ainsworth to use him.

Last six months I agree.

Something not quite right somewhere.

But last six months in general has been a disaster.

Even if scenarios are true, he is far from being the only one.

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 07:34 - Aug 15 with 2919 viewsQPR_Jim

Sorry Clive

What about Critchley? He was awful for him and he's far more in the Warburton and Beale mode than Ainsworth. Willocks poor form and attitude under Critchley is conveniently ignored in some analysis.

Also the wages that were published on the click bait website were guesses, so if you're surprised by them (Willock being low down) then it's probably because they were poor guesses. I think everyone who commented on that thread said as much, so don't take it as any indication of wages.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 07:37 - Aug 15 with 2912 viewsTeddRanger

I think it’s best for all parties if Willock moves on in this window. Whether he will is a different story.

As for Crooks, my Boro mate informs me that he’s only just signed a new contract and is integral to how they play. Reckon the chances of getting him are between slim and none.

And Slim’s ridden out of town.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 07:50 - Aug 15 with 2863 viewsnix

Sorry Clive

There are kilometres of space between those lines you can read between Numpty.

Clive can't say more, obviously and rightly so.

Suffice it to say, sometimes it's best for players to move on. It was right for Dickie, it was right for Dieng and now it's right for Willock.

It doesn't mean the management or the board have got this particular thing wrong. It's like Manning: he's done the same thing to Swansea as he did to us. Most players will put their finances and playing futures above their clubs. If they don't want to play, they just don't. It's pretty easy for players to pull out of tackles, not be fit, not put much into training. Who wants that when you're trying to build team spirit and never say die attitude.

The main thing with Willock is we've been ridiculous unlucky. Someone who hasn't got a poor injury record just gets a very bad injury at the time when he was going to be most valuable. He's given us a lot of pleasure, he was a bargain, so definitely not a failure from the Club, but I think it's time for him to go with our good wishes for the times he's given us a lot of joy.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:28 - Aug 15 with 2597 viewsNorthernr

Sorry Clive

The bit that isn't right is this general theme that Ainsworth is somehow the problem here, doesn't want Willock, plays a style that doesn't suit him, and Willock's an entirely innocent party who tries his best every week and is just desperate to play for QPR.

Like I say, it would be completely perverse in our situation atm for Gareth to be leaving our best player out for no reason at all. There's plenty to bash Ainsworth about, but he's right about Willock, and he's right about Richards too. If you're not going to pull on the rope, track back on defence, then you're not going to play, we'll pick Paul Smyth instead who's not as talented but will do those things and we'll be a better collective team for it. It's up to those two to respond, not the manager to change everything around to suit them.

Hunter's got it right further up. If you're trying to change a culture at a place you can't have somebody getting special privileges because they're the biggest name or the best player. Of course everybody always screams "but Adel but Adel" at this point, in the same way that whenever we sign a 33 year old everybody screams "oooh it's the new Derry/Hill". Adel, and Warnock, were a unique one off.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:43 - Aug 15 with 2483 viewsR_from_afar

Put simply, it's very risky to pick a player simply because they played well two managers ago.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:53 - Aug 15 with 2406 viewsRs_Holy

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:28 - Aug 15 by Northernr

The bit that isn't right is this general theme that Ainsworth is somehow the problem here, doesn't want Willock, plays a style that doesn't suit him, and Willock's an entirely innocent party who tries his best every week and is just desperate to play for QPR.

Like I say, it would be completely perverse in our situation atm for Gareth to be leaving our best player out for no reason at all. There's plenty to bash Ainsworth about, but he's right about Willock, and he's right about Richards too. If you're not going to pull on the rope, track back on defence, then you're not going to play, we'll pick Paul Smyth instead who's not as talented but will do those things and we'll be a better collective team for it. It's up to those two to respond, not the manager to change everything around to suit them.

Hunter's got it right further up. If you're trying to change a culture at a place you can't have somebody getting special privileges because they're the biggest name or the best player. Of course everybody always screams "but Adel but Adel" at this point, in the same way that whenever we sign a 33 year old everybody screams "oooh it's the new Derry/Hill". Adel, and Warnock, were a unique one off.

yeah... it really should not have worked. Warnock was warned at his first training session "don't pick him, he'll get you the sack".
So what does he do, makes him captain but asks the other players to never pass to him in our half... Only Neil Warnock could pull this off.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 10:16]
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:55 - Aug 15 with 2379 viewsNorthernr

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:53 - Aug 15 by Rs_Holy

yeah... it really should not have worked. Warnock was warned at his first training session "don't pick him, he'll get you the sack".
So what does he do, makes him captain but asks the other players to never pass to him in our half... Only Neil Warnock could pull this off.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 10:16]

Yeh it was lightning in a bottle - the best player the Championship has ever seen and the best manager in the division at that time. You could rightly say Ainsworth is no Warnock and you'd be right, but Willock's no Taarabt either whatever him and his old man think.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 10:26 - Aug 15 with 2224 viewsE17hoop

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:28 - Aug 15 by Northernr

I repeat, the culture in a place is defined by the worst behaviour which you accept. If GA accepts CW doesn't have to track back, he's letting everyone off.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 10:43 - Aug 15 with 2085 viewsrobith

I must also dispute "Ainsworth doesn't pick him"

Willock was injured vs Millwall on 11th Feb and missed the last two games of Critchley's reign, and was unavailable for the first 5 of Gaz's.

Ainsworth put him straight back in the team, playing 75 minutes and 90 minutes (LFW ratings 4, 3) at which point he was dropped to being a sub or unused sub.

So he's mostly been injured or in bad form - but we're saying he should be rewarded for this? The idea of Chris Willock is our best player. The reality of Chris Willock at the moment is nowhere near our first team - contrast with Smyth this weekend
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 11:25 - Aug 15 with 1883 viewsBurnleyhoop

It's all great shame.

Would not surprise me if we let go of Willock for a relatively paltry sum and he goes and tears it up at another club.

As for Dozzell, cost us a million and is in the top 3 earners at the club, yet Ainsworth trots him out every week to aimlessly wander around the middle of the park contributing barely anything. Farcical.

I have never been one to be overly critical or disparaging of anything or anyone, but the decision making at this club has been fcking woeful for far too long and it has started to boil my piss.

Another rant over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024