Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 10:04 - Aug 27 with 12361 viewsRangersw12

For me his distribution is awful and he was at fault for the first goal yesterday.

I also don't understand why he's captain when you have Field , Cook and Colback who seem better options

In general I think he looks a poor signing and there must have been younger cheaper keepers out there . For me it seems his age has caught up with him and struggles to get down quicker enough .

What are people s thoughts on him so far ? Am I being too harsh ?!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 10:13]
Begovic on 19:28 - Sep 2 with 3396 viewsBluce_Ree

He was sensational today. Some really great saves. That was a Jurgen Sommer vs Villa performance. Outstanding. And Sieng ate shit by comparison.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Begovic on 19:51 - Sep 2 with 3277 viewsPhilmyRs

Begovic on 18:35 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought he was even better than Smithies in his all-round game. Superb in the air, excellent distribution, though Smithies was unreal on one-on-ones.

Our best keeper since Seaman for a long while. Then, last year happened. An alarming fall-off in form. Which never happened to Smithies.

I think that’s fair. But because last season did happen, I’m unsure whether I thought he was better than he actually was when he came into the team and last year was more a fair reflection of his abilities or whether last year was just a blip and is, as you say, the best since Seamen. I’m still undecided. Today, I don’t think anyone is saving the Dozzel goal or the Collback one.
Begovic on 19:57 - Sep 2 with 3256 viewsslmrstid

No way was Seny Dieng better than Paddy Kenny, so that throws the "best since Seaman" argument right out IMO.

Its noticeable to me that Dieng's form disappeared the moment he wont the AFCON with Senegal. I know he missed a lot of the 6 months between AFCON and the start of last year when we had to have every man and his dog in goal instead, but he's definitely never been the same player since. Wonder if there's a "made it" mentality in his head from it.
Begovic on 20:10 - Sep 2 with 3200 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 19:57 - Sep 2 by slmrstid

No way was Seny Dieng better than Paddy Kenny, so that throws the "best since Seaman" argument right out IMO.

Its noticeable to me that Dieng's form disappeared the moment he wont the AFCON with Senegal. I know he missed a lot of the 6 months between AFCON and the start of last year when we had to have every man and his dog in goal instead, but he's definitely never been the same player since. Wonder if there's a "made it" mentality in his head from it.

"No way was Seny Dieng better than Paddy Kenny, so that throws the "best since Seaman" argument right out IMO."

Well, I think what I said was that Dieng at his best was better than anyone since Seaman. Which I'll stand by, but obviously will love chatting about. Dieng's best was really something.

Kenny was a superb shot-stopper, better than Smithies, Seaman and Dieng. Down low or up high if you banged a shot at him you could be sure he'd be off his line, in the right spot, on his toes, have great feet and a great spring.

On one-on-ones, I think Kenny had that too maybe.

But Dieng at his best (and, as I say, he was off that last year) was far, far better in the air and far, far better at distributing.

With Kenny, you needed a huge defence and to be great at defending set-pieces, because you couldn't rely on him to come for everything. Wasn't his fault he was short.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Begovic on 20:29 - Sep 2 with 3095 viewsHastings_Hoops

Begovic on 20:10 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

"No way was Seny Dieng better than Paddy Kenny, so that throws the "best since Seaman" argument right out IMO."

Well, I think what I said was that Dieng at his best was better than anyone since Seaman. Which I'll stand by, but obviously will love chatting about. Dieng's best was really something.

Kenny was a superb shot-stopper, better than Smithies, Seaman and Dieng. Down low or up high if you banged a shot at him you could be sure he'd be off his line, in the right spot, on his toes, have great feet and a great spring.

On one-on-ones, I think Kenny had that too maybe.

But Dieng at his best (and, as I say, he was off that last year) was far, far better in the air and far, far better at distributing.

With Kenny, you needed a huge defence and to be great at defending set-pieces, because you couldn't rely on him to come for everything. Wasn't his fault he was short.

Sorry Brian, not ‘Aving that.

Since Seaman, the pecking order goes:

Stejskal
Kenny
Miklosko
Begovic on 20:32 - Sep 2 with 3054 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 20:29 - Sep 2 by Hastings_Hoops

Sorry Brian, not ‘Aving that.

Since Seaman, the pecking order goes:

Stejskal
Kenny
Miklosko

Miklosko?

Vive la difference!

Begovic on 21:57 - Sep 2 with 2886 viewsLazyFan

Begovic was MoM today; without him, it would have been a draw at best or more likely, we would have lost.

We should have beaten Southampton and lost to Boro. If he is gonna play like that every week, then we shall stay up as that was unreal goalkeeping.

Several times Boro were through 1:1, and he saved them all. Or to could be Boro's replacement for Chuba Akpom by the name of Latte Lath is complete gash. If this keeps CArrick will lose his job, but I saw enough from Boro that he may save himself.

Dieng was really poor for both goals. Did not see the first and did not rush out and make himself big for the 2nd. We know he could have done this as this is how Begovic played. Well done for getting £2m for him in his last year of contract and replace him with Begovic who even on a bad day is decent.

zzzzzzzzzz

Begovic on 22:05 - Sep 2 with 2857 viewsMick_S

Mate, if he’d been fired out from a cannon he wouldn’t have saved the first.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 22:22 - Sep 2 with 2803 viewsnumptydumpty

Begovic on 21:57 - Sep 2 by LazyFan

Begovic was MoM today; without him, it would have been a draw at best or more likely, we would have lost.

We should have beaten Southampton and lost to Boro. If he is gonna play like that every week, then we shall stay up as that was unreal goalkeeping.

Several times Boro were through 1:1, and he saved them all. Or to could be Boro's replacement for Chuba Akpom by the name of Latte Lath is complete gash. If this keeps CArrick will lose his job, but I saw enough from Boro that he may save himself.

Dieng was really poor for both goals. Did not see the first and did not rush out and make himself big for the 2nd. We know he could have done this as this is how Begovic played. Well done for getting £2m for him in his last year of contract and replace him with Begovic who even on a bad day is decent.

Have you ever played in goal

Dozzells shot , superman with his super power abilities to fly through the air, would not have kept that one out. No goalkeeper from planet earth saves that.

Colbacks shot hit the back of the net almost before it was hit. Again would have taken an exceptional block to keep the net from bulging !!!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 22:23]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Begovic on 23:24 - Sep 2 with 2677 viewsHooping_Mad

Isn't it nice to have 2 or 3 candidates for MOTM for a change. Do they hand out official ones for non TV games?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Begovic on 07:06 - Sep 3 with 2396 viewsQPROslo

Begovic had a great game yesterday. Saved everything, bossed his box and don't remember much wrong with his distribution. Compensated for his error last week all right. Dozzell MOM for me but both Begovic and Dozzell both good 8 out of 10's. Seny had a very good game too - he played like an 11th outfield player the way he comfortably strode out of his area with the ball before making the right pass.
Begovic on 15:43 - Sep 3 with 2206 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not sure why Twitter links aren't showing, apologies.

Begovic on 22:52 - Sep 4 with 1961 viewsdigswellhoop

go for whiteman at spurs ment to bo good
Begovic on 17:39 - Sep 7 with 1778 viewsgazza1

Begovic played well against M'boro, many of the saves that he made were decent but I would of expected many keepers to stop them - he attacked the ball very well indeed cutting down angles for the attacking players. Boro did not finish well at all.
Begovic on 15:19 - Sep 9 with 1462 viewsfrancisbowles

Begovic on 22:52 - Sep 4 by digswellhoop

go for whiteman at spurs ment to bo good

He's contracted until 2025 and we have several younger keepers who we can try after Begovic and they can learn from him in the meantime.
Begovic on 15:33 - Sep 9 with 1435 viewsAndybrat

I see he has won Championship keeper in the Sky team of the league after 5 games. Despite Watford ( where I believe he was our best player). I know people get fixated by players age but having played in goal until I was gone 40 my best season was actually when I was 36. Less flash, more positional. I think he will only get better this season as he gets more game time. BTW not saying I was any good . This thread makes you realise we have been blessed with great ones
Begovic on 15:37 - Sep 9 with 1407 viewsLblock

On my SkySports App (I know... I know..... I have it but still think they are w@nkers) they've already done a Championship team of the season.
I mean - at this stage?
Understand they need some sort of fillers whilst there's an international break that they in the main ignore.

Anyway.
I couldn't face watching 18 mins of shoite so I dragged it along to the end and was most pleased to see Beggar in the current keepers slot.
"Brilliant" thought I.
Then, the overtly negative side of me that thins the sky is falling in all the time, I thought "he's in that spot because he's in action far too often!!!"

I'd like to see him keep a few clean sheets with absolutely nothing to do if possible.

That aside, great keeper and always has been. I was always surprised at his willingness to play second fiddle roles at higher clubs but then cash talks I suppose.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Begovic on 17:00 - Sep 9 with 1316 viewsNorthernr

Begovic on 15:37 - Sep 9 by Lblock

On my SkySports App (I know... I know..... I have it but still think they are w@nkers) they've already done a Championship team of the season.
I mean - at this stage?
Understand they need some sort of fillers whilst there's an international break that they in the main ignore.

Anyway.
I couldn't face watching 18 mins of shoite so I dragged it along to the end and was most pleased to see Beggar in the current keepers slot.
"Brilliant" thought I.
Then, the overtly negative side of me that thins the sky is falling in all the time, I thought "he's in that spot because he's in action far too often!!!"

I'd like to see him keep a few clean sheets with absolutely nothing to do if possible.

That aside, great keeper and always has been. I was always surprised at his willingness to play second fiddle roles at higher clubs but then cash talks I suppose.

Well at watford he made something ridiculous like nine saves in a 4-0 loss. That's how I saw his whole season going TBH. I think it was something daft like the most saves a QPR keeper had made in a game for eight years. I remember Kenny Jackett saying after we'd come from 2-0 down to beat his Wolves side a few years ago "they had ten shots on target, that's usually a win", something I've always sort of considered 'jackett's law'.

But Boro, where he also made a lot of saves, was completely different. wasn't even our MOTM for me, and we deserved the win.

Southampton he was poor, we'd have got a result in that but for him.

So it's been a little of everything so far.
Begovic on 12:19 - Sep 13 with 1056 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Begovic on 17:00 - Sep 9 by Northernr

Well at watford he made something ridiculous like nine saves in a 4-0 loss. That's how I saw his whole season going TBH. I think it was something daft like the most saves a QPR keeper had made in a game for eight years. I remember Kenny Jackett saying after we'd come from 2-0 down to beat his Wolves side a few years ago "they had ten shots on target, that's usually a win", something I've always sort of considered 'jackett's law'.

But Boro, where he also made a lot of saves, was completely different. wasn't even our MOTM for me, and we deserved the win.

Southampton he was poor, we'd have got a result in that but for him.

So it's been a little of everything so far.

Just came across this.

Says more about our defence I think but nonetheless a net positive.

Begovic on 12:49 - Sep 13 with 954 viewscpgerber

I wonder where Dieng is on that list.
Begovic on 12:58 - Sep 13 with 935 viewsHayesender

Begovic on 12:49 - Sep 13 by cpgerber

I'm sure I read somewhere (maybe on here) that Dieng has let in in the region of 60% shots on target this season

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Begovic on 13:05 - Sep 13 with 918 viewsDannyPaddox

Begovic on 12:49 - Sep 13 by cpgerber

A slightly different stat

% of shots saved

Bego top 6 / Seny bottom

Screenshot of Brian’s earlier link.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024