Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are RM and SR on the same page? 08:46 - Sep 25 with 837 viewssaint901

I was not at Middlesborough and have seen only highlights (not many) but I have read the views here and those from the professional press.

In the cold light of day, we played the team bottom of the league, took the lead and then lost it to errors from individuals (the same errors that have cost us in previous games) and showed no fight or desire to equalise or win the game.

That may be a function of a genuine lack of ability in the player group. Against a team like 'Boro however, it looks more like the players not wanting to go against the manager's instructions, despite the fact that the playing strategy/style he wants is just not suited to this league.

We've seen with Alcaraz and others, that if they don't play the way the manager wants, they don't get game time.

We then have RM coming out after this game (and earlier ones) saying that he's proud of the team and the problems are his responsibility. Then he repeats the same problems and says the same things,

So we have a problem that starts with the manager.

He has a young squad and a lack of quality in that squad but is playing in a manner designed to give the opposition at least two chances to score - every game - but is too stubborn to change.

Or is he being told to continue this way because PL teams looking for talent in the Champ want to see young players who can pass the ball and with the patience and discipline to sit in a system that looks good for Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal because they have better players?

Is SR looking to the future value of the younger players as their one and only objective and if so, the league position (or even the league we're in) counts for little.

If SR place little or no value on having a team that can play in a higher league and the manager is happy to continue losing so long as the weekly (or should that be weakly) showcase continues, then something is badly wrong.

Short of SR selling out (and who would buy us right now?) it must be down to manager and coaches and then players to say to them, "No".

If the manager is not willing to tell the owners that continuing to play as we are will result in relegation, and that a change in personnel and strategy is needed - NOW - then he should show some backbone and walk away.

If SR and the manager are happy, then I fear we are doomed to a couple of seasons of hanging on the Champ and then going into League 1.

By then SR may have made some profits from young players and selling a club in L1 may be an easier task than it is at the moment.

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Integrity is saying "this is not working and we need to change things". Indifference is saying that as long as we make money we care nothing for the history of the club or the commitment of those who follow it.

If RM and those in a position to influence football strategy are happy to be part of a plan which does not require success (in the form of promotion), then why are they are our club?
Are RM and SR on the same page? on 10:15 - Sep 25 with 769 viewsandoverpedro

I think we are being used as a training facility for players to move onto bigger better clubs once they become accustomed to this way of playing . Southampton are doomed to lower league for many years because as soon as a players start looking good they will be gone and then we will have to train another team up to that level of performance then they will go .
We will never have steady team now unless we do what we did before build up a team with middle of the road players with that put in 100% effort to work as a team similar to the Lambert, Hammond, Fonte, Fox, Sharp, Harding, K Davis, S Davis , Du Prado , Schniederlan, Chaplow era
Are RM and SR on the same page? on 10:49 - Sep 25 with 739 viewsarfurdent

"If RM and those in a position to influence football strategy are happy to be part of a plan which does not require success (in the form of promotion), then why are they are our club?"

for the money!!!!

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Are RM and SR on the same page? on 11:56 - Sep 25 with 701 viewssaint901

Money.

I agree that SR are all about the money. They are essentially a hedge fund whose assets are football clubs and players and buying them cheap and selling high is a decent strategy.

Buy 5 players for £10m each, and if one is later worth £50m (Lavia) and 3 others can collect £90m between them, (and one disappears to non league/injury), the ROI (return on investment) is far better than the stock market or crypto.

(By the way, stay well clear of all crypto schemes unless you're prepared to spend ten hours a day studying and understanding that market).

The manager though is not in this sector for a few years. This is their career - 35 plus years. It baffles me therefore that an ambitious manager who wants eventually to have the big bucks in the PL, allows his reputation to be trashed by pandering to a strategy seemingly designed to advance individual players but not the club.

If the motive is money, then I hope he can make enough - quickly - because otherwise he risks spending the next decade of his career managing in the lower leagues where the "money" is certainly not an incentive.
Are RM and SR on the same page? on 15:15 - Sep 25 with 602 viewsGRIM

Are RM and SR on the same page? on 11:56 - Sep 25 by saint901

Money.

I agree that SR are all about the money. They are essentially a hedge fund whose assets are football clubs and players and buying them cheap and selling high is a decent strategy.

Buy 5 players for £10m each, and if one is later worth £50m (Lavia) and 3 others can collect £90m between them, (and one disappears to non league/injury), the ROI (return on investment) is far better than the stock market or crypto.

(By the way, stay well clear of all crypto schemes unless you're prepared to spend ten hours a day studying and understanding that market).

The manager though is not in this sector for a few years. This is their career - 35 plus years. It baffles me therefore that an ambitious manager who wants eventually to have the big bucks in the PL, allows his reputation to be trashed by pandering to a strategy seemingly designed to advance individual players but not the club.

If the motive is money, then I hope he can make enough - quickly - because otherwise he risks spending the next decade of his career managing in the lower leagues where the "money" is certainly not an incentive.

I've said it before ( and been criticised for saying so) SR's policy is to make money & not to win football matches.
But this is a very short term policy because the profit from buying & selling players dries up very quickly when you've already sold your prized assets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024