Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. 08:22 - Oct 4 with 40881 viewsconnell10

Hoping we might scrap a 1-1.....

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 04:12 - Oct 5 with 1553 viewsNorthantsHoop

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 01:59 - Oct 5 by Northernr

League One probably.

It won't be easy down there either, especially with any of this lot. Still think we are one of the worst 3 in the division.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 05:27 - Oct 5 with 1464 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 01:16 - Oct 5 by Northernr

Basically the whole plan, kindly, seemed to be sit in and keep the score as close as possible for as long as possible and maybe nick something near the end. Harshly, let's make Leeds think this is so fcking easy they actually get bored and end up doing something stupid out of lack of concentration. Both these nearly came to fruition with that Dykes chance at the end, having watched Leeds coast through the game in barely second gear to that point.

Overall though, pretty bleak stuff. We've sunk to a point where we're coming away from a Championship league game just grateful we didn't get handed out own ars. Some of the stuff we did... the multiple foul throws... the repeated attempt at a long throw without a long thrower on the pitch... the free kick taken to a geezer not even watching... sticking your striker in goal for injury time then encouraging him to go up for the set pieces.

We basically look like quite a good pub side, that got promoted a bit beyond its level.

And who'd have thought going from playing one way for several seasons, and appointing managers based on this style of play, to the manager of the Dog and Duck would actually work?

Step forward, our absentee, nepo baby chairman. Jesus wept.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 06:19 - Oct 5 with 1391 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:19 - Oct 4 by DejR_vu

Perhaps they’ve realised that no matter what they do it’s not going to make a difference to the result. I get the feeling there’s a number of players that haven’t bought in to GA

I think you're right. If you look over the past 4 months we've had that ridiculous haka video, a pre season that was written off, players 'talking' to GA after the Watford shambles, not being fit for the first 4 or 5 games, a change in style after game 1, and now no discernable style or patterns of play.

Would anyone have trust in the manager that had over seen that?
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 07:51 - Oct 5 with 1192 viewsThe_Beast1976

Basically the whole plan, kindly, seemed to be sit in and keep the score as close as possible for as long as possible and maybe nick something near the end. Harshly, let's make Leeds think this is so fcking easy they actually get bored and end up doing something stupid out of lack of concentration. Both these nearly came to fruition with that Dykes chance at the end, having watched Leeds coast through the game in barely second gear to that point.

Overall though, pretty bleak stuff. We've sunk to a point where we're coming away from a Championship league game just grateful we didn't get handed out own ars. Some of the stuff we did... the multiple foul throws... the repeated attempt at a long throw without a long thrower on the pitch... the free kick taken to a geezer not even watching... sticking your striker in goal for injury time then encouraging him to go up for the set pieces.

We basically look like quite a good pub side, that got promoted a bit beyond its level.

I think it's time we started taking it out on the Board. They have run, and are continuing to run, this club into the ground and we're all just accepting it. Yes they are putting in a lot of money to keep the club afloat but, regardless of that, the way they are running the club into the ground is completely unacceptable and we need to start letting them know that NOW.

Also, as much as I have stood up for GA up to now, if we lose on Saturday with another abject performance like last night (which was basically back to being as bad as then opening daybagainst Watford) and against Coventry, then unfortunately he needs to go too.

What a mess. Things just keep getting worse, despite thinking they couldn't get any worse. The.main culprits (the Board) still getting a free ride.....
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 08:00 - Oct 5 with 1143 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 07:51 - Oct 5 by The_Beast1976

I think it's time we started taking it out on the Board. They have run, and are continuing to run, this club into the ground and we're all just accepting it. Yes they are putting in a lot of money to keep the club afloat but, regardless of that, the way they are running the club into the ground is completely unacceptable and we need to start letting them know that NOW.

Also, as much as I have stood up for GA up to now, if we lose on Saturday with another abject performance like last night (which was basically back to being as bad as then opening daybagainst Watford) and against Coventry, then unfortunately he needs to go too.

What a mess. Things just keep getting worse, despite thinking they couldn't get any worse. The.main culprits (the Board) still getting a free ride.....

If we had a fans forum tomorrow, there'd be the same people clapping them and grateful to be in their presence. The main problem with the Board is they're not hands-on. You don't get to where Brighton or Brentford are by delegating responsibility for the club you own to other, often unqualified or incompetent, people. Maybe Richard Reilly can do something about it - he apparently goes to all the games, and must feel like he's bought the wrong London Bridge.

The chairman appointed Ainsworth because he needed to "scratch an itch". That's the level of entitlement and arrogance from someone who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth. While these people are calling the shots, we're only going one way unfortunately.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 09:24 - Oct 5 with 1010 viewsjoe90

I've noticed we seem to have so much space in midfield and between our strikers. It's almost as though we're playing with 10 men. Our movement and shape doesn't seem put any pressure on the opposition. It's obvious the reason we're not scoring is because the way we're set up doesn't create chances. It's really frustrating to watch and when you factor in our 'bad luck' we're really on a hiding to nothing.

I thought most of the teams I'd seen us play weren't that much better than us, I now realise they'd probably weren't trying that hard as the games haven't demand it.

Saturday will be a massive game for us. Blackburn also in poor form and playing at home *should* be an advantage, but our form suggests otherwise. It's desperate times for us.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 09:32 - Oct 5 with 994 viewsnadera78

I might be overreacting but the multiple foul throws really get to me. It suggests a lack of care and a lack professionalism, a disregard for even the most basic elements of the game. And that's on the players. You can do all the team bonding and innovative psychological work you like, but if players are sloppy and lackadaisical by nature then that ultimately shows through in their performances.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 11:06 - Oct 5 with 840 viewsNorthernr

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 09:32 - Oct 5 by nadera78

I might be overreacting but the multiple foul throws really get to me. It suggests a lack of care and a lack professionalism, a disregard for even the most basic elements of the game. And that's on the players. You can do all the team bonding and innovative psychological work you like, but if players are sloppy and lackadaisical by nature then that ultimately shows through in their performances.

And to that same theme, one of my pet peeves out in force again last night. Leeds subs put through a vigorous, coordinated half time warm up by their professional coaching staff last night. QPR's subs stood 40 yards apart from each other and practiced: 1 booting the ball high in the sky to each other and 2 kick ups and tricks.
Login to get fewer ads

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 11:08 - Oct 5 with 835 viewsTheChef

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 11:06 - Oct 5 by Northernr

And to that same theme, one of my pet peeves out in force again last night. Leeds subs put through a vigorous, coordinated half time warm up by their professional coaching staff last night. QPR's subs stood 40 yards apart from each other and practiced: 1 booting the ball high in the sky to each other and 2 kick ups and tricks.

Agreed - that has to be a whole lot better.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024