Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in 01:46 - Oct 5 with 10634 viewsHooparoo

We’re on track to go down with about 35 points FFS. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

10 games in on 13:59 - Oct 5 with 1847 viewsCLAREMAN1995

10 games in on 11:12 - Oct 5 by Northernr

The direction of travel is not good atm. We were worse against Swansea than against Sunderland, picked up at Birmingham, but were then complete crap against Coventry and last night just looked like we were happy to be there against a team that didn't have to get out of second gear to beat us.

The change in us between Watford and Cardiff was amazing. Everything was different - style, shape, formation, selection, outlook. It will have basically rendered everything Cardiff prepared to face irrelevant, and for an hour we caught them cold. We basically won a game through the element of surprise, and then caught Boro at a nice time. Now teams have had a look at us for a few weeks, they're happily just blasting through that Smyth-Kakay combo.

"blasting through the Smith -Kaykay combo "is a clear as day to every oposition manager and QPR fan as day yet GA persists in letting that door swing wide open game after game.
Kakay commited that stupid four Saturday which resulted in the opening goal (offside of course ) then deflected the second game clincher past our Keeper .I see by reports he was terrible last night also yet he is handed a starting Jersey game after game its mind blowing.
Is there any Manager across every league in England surviving this miserable winning percentage and I can guess not a chance in hell.
If we do not win on Saturday its time to drop the ax and let somebody else crack the whip
10 games in on 14:11 - Oct 5 with 1789 viewstoboboly

10 games in on 13:59 - Oct 5 by CLAREMAN1995

"blasting through the Smith -Kaykay combo "is a clear as day to every oposition manager and QPR fan as day yet GA persists in letting that door swing wide open game after game.
Kakay commited that stupid four Saturday which resulted in the opening goal (offside of course ) then deflected the second game clincher past our Keeper .I see by reports he was terrible last night also yet he is handed a starting Jersey game after game its mind blowing.
Is there any Manager across every league in England surviving this miserable winning percentage and I can guess not a chance in hell.
If we do not win on Saturday its time to drop the ax and let somebody else crack the whip

Kakay plays because there is no-one else. Nothing is waiting in the showers to play like prime Karl Walker. This is what we have, this is what GA has to pick from. Why is this proving so hard for people to understand?

GA isn't picking Kakay and Dozzell for shts and giggles. He isn't relying on Armstrong and Dykes to score goals because he has a young Fernando Torres getting splinters on the bench.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

10 games in on 14:16 - Oct 5 with 1761 viewsslmrstid

10 games in on 14:11 - Oct 5 by toboboly

Kakay plays because there is no-one else. Nothing is waiting in the showers to play like prime Karl Walker. This is what we have, this is what GA has to pick from. Why is this proving so hard for people to understand?

GA isn't picking Kakay and Dozzell for shts and giggles. He isn't relying on Armstrong and Dykes to score goals because he has a young Fernando Torres getting splinters on the bench.

Quite. I think its pretty obvious as soon as this Reggie Cannon fella is fit Kakay is out of the team.
10 games in on 14:44 - Oct 5 with 1665 viewsTheChef

What happened to Aaron Drewe?

I mean, he played in our last home win!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

10 games in on 15:17 - Oct 5 with 1604 viewsibnumber10

Even if I try to cut Ainsworth some slack because of the situation he inherited, he still comes up short in a number of areas, especially set pieces. We are not going to score many goals from open play, so surely getting effective at throw ins, free kicks and corners should be a priority, but we look so poor, and that’s on him as a manager.
10 games in on 15:41 - Oct 5 with 1543 viewsngbqpr

I try not to be the sort of amateur coach who bemoans their team's gaffer for "having no Plan B."

Well last night, Plan A was blown out of the water after 9 minutes, and that was that.

You watch Ten Haag surprise De Zerbi, and the latter react within 20 minutes, spotting what TH has done and completely changing his own strategy for the match. You listen to Matty Cash talking about the pre-match info Unai Emery gives his Villa team on every single opponent - "we know what the game is going to be like before we've even started playing."

I know we're operating on a different planet, but at least in their own different ways, each of Warburton, Beale & Critchley had half an idea about coaching in the modern game, and aspirations to prove they could do it.

Ainsworth? "Possession can do one", and "empty the tank." Without getting all misty-eyed about when that was enough...any player who's come through the academy system these days at pretty much any pro club will have been coached by Beale / Critchley types.

Sure, instil the empty the tank side into them too (the old 'send them on loan to play with League 2 players trying to pay their mortgage' schtick) ...but even if Gaz was a tracksuit manager with a short back & sides, I can't help feeling a lot of the players will not respect his lack of tactical acumen.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

10 games in on 15:59 - Oct 5 with 1496 viewslave16

10 games in on 13:58 - Oct 5 by R_from_afar

I don't think we can afford to wait until January to improve the squad, that could be too late to keep us up.

Ainsworth and co. need to get a free or loan striker now, perhaps on a deal until the end of the year. I hope to God that they are already looking.

There are players out there. They won't be amazing but we desperately need someone who has scored a few goals and who can hold the ball up for a bit. One of our biggest problems is that apart from Chair and 2022 Willock, we don't have anyone who can hang on the ball when we do eventually get into an attacking position.

Whoever is our manager, expecting that current squad to deliver the goals we need is a strategy which relies on someone having the purple patch to end all purple patches and - spoiler alert - that's almost certainly not going to happen, sadly.

A new striker, even if they're knocking on and/or not the best, could give the squad a bit of a psychological lift too; any of our squad with any nous must be looking at their colleagues in the dressing room and thinking where the hell are the goals going to come from. Grim times.

Tbh honest as a QPR fan the only time we are not shooting ourselves in the foot is when we are shooting ourselves in the other foot

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

10 games in on 16:09 - Oct 5 with 1474 viewsSK_hoops

10 games in on 10:59 - Oct 5 by TheChef

Well he played both Dykes and Armstrong last night, and no goals. Imagine if he only started one of them and we still lost, then GA would get abuse for showing no ambition! For some fans whatever he does is the wrong thing.

Added to that, Chair always puts a shift in but his use of the ball seems to be getting worse - last night he seemed to ignore Paal half the time when he was well placed.

Sorry but I can't see any manager coming in and making us brilliant overnight.

Reality is we are most likely a bottom six team, and we need to finish in the top three of that mini league. Sorry if that bursts anyone's expectations.

Chair was at his best when Willock was playing near him and when Wallace was running up the pitch alongside him. They used to link up well. There isn't enough movement for him to play with now I think.
Login to get fewer ads

10 games in on 16:29 - Oct 5 with 1405 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

GA could switch to a back 4, put an extra midfielder to sit in front and protect them. SDM? Field?
Kakay could move to right back where he could do less damage.

But I know nothing!

All these excuses about lack of players, is just that, excuses. Change the formation, the style, anything but nothing.
10 games in on 17:09 - Oct 5 with 1330 viewsBAWHoops

As others have alluded to we can come up with all the formations and tactics we like... but it's rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic stuff.
Kakay, Dozell we know aren't good enough for this level. Armstrong, Smyth completely unproven at this level. Willock woefully out of form and a waste of space.
There's 4-5 starters every single game who aren't good enough or aren't ready yet and nothing to come off the bench to improve them.
Of our established players only Chair and Field are top half standard. The rest or getting by at this level or coming to the end of their career.

Smyth is playing RWB because our other options there are Adomah, who is not good enough or Drewe who is not good enough. Kakay can play there... but then you have to put Gubbins in at CB and he isn't good enough.

There is literally a first 11 in a 433 of Begovic, Cannon, Cook, JCS, Paal, Field, Colback, Smyth, Chair, Armstrong, Dykes and then nothing beyond that.

Unless you can get that 11 on the field consistently for 20-30 games we are fcked

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

10 games in on 17:13 - Oct 5 with 1312 viewsHAYESBOY

To add.....

For Saturday.

Field Banned
Colback, Fox and Cook injured.

That's going to be interesting.

Smells like a trout farm in here

10 games in on 17:24 - Oct 5 with 1287 viewsAntti_Heinola

10 games in on 17:13 - Oct 5 by HAYESBOY

To add.....

For Saturday.

Field Banned
Colback, Fox and Cook injured.

That's going to be interesting.

So...

Begovic
Kakay Dunne Salter
Smyth Dozzell Paal Larkeche
Chair
Armstrong Dykes

Bare bones.

10 games in on 17:30 - Oct 5 with 1251 viewsstainrods_elbow

10 games in on 10:24 - Oct 5 by toboboly

Good stats Terry. So even Critchley is higher on just one win?! You're right on Hall I think, which does make HIM worse statistically

If memory serves, we were embarrassed v Burnley and Hall was left questioning the players' professionalism of the players. On the basis of his one-game tenure (I think) and an abject defeat, i.e. a zero points haul (pun intended) /points to games ratio, presumably that makes him the holder of the unbeatably worst record in QPR managerial history?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 17:42]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

10 games in on 17:32 - Oct 5 with 1247 viewsstainrods_elbow

10 games in on 10:59 - Oct 5 by TheChef

Well he played both Dykes and Armstrong last night, and no goals. Imagine if he only started one of them and we still lost, then GA would get abuse for showing no ambition! For some fans whatever he does is the wrong thing.

Added to that, Chair always puts a shift in but his use of the ball seems to be getting worse - last night he seemed to ignore Paal half the time when he was well placed.

Sorry but I can't see any manager coming in and making us brilliant overnight.

Reality is we are most likely a bottom six team, and we need to finish in the top three of that mini league. Sorry if that bursts anyone's expectations.

I'm starting to feel it's both - the players are professionally inept AND Ainsworth and Dobson are tactically clueless. Who relegates us, therefore, will be effectively a moot point.

10 games in on 17:38 - Oct 5 with 1234 viewsstainrods_elbow

10 games in on 11:12 - Oct 5 by Northernr

The direction of travel is not good atm. We were worse against Swansea than against Sunderland, picked up at Birmingham, but were then complete crap against Coventry and last night just looked like we were happy to be there against a team that didn't have to get out of second gear to beat us.

The change in us between Watford and Cardiff was amazing. Everything was different - style, shape, formation, selection, outlook. It will have basically rendered everything Cardiff prepared to face irrelevant, and for an hour we caught them cold. We basically won a game through the element of surprise, and then caught Boro at a nice time. Now teams have had a look at us for a few weeks, they're happily just blasting through that Smyth-Kakay combo.

What's worse is Leeds weren't even any great shakes in my opinion, whatever Ainsworth and Sinton on comms propagandistically claimed in bigging them up, and we could even have nicked an unlikely and undeserved draw at the end. It was a diabolical, inspid, clueless performance against a bunch of overrated/relegated Northern tossers with a cheating sub up top, a stupid/bent ref, and our club amabassador/manager feeding our inferiority complex. Today, I feel even more angry, upset and let down than last night if anything. The entire hierarchy needs to have a word with itself and then shut the f*ck up till the next clusterf*ck against Ainsworth's first loves.

10 games in on 17:41 - Oct 5 with 1226 viewsstainrods_elbow

10 games in on 17:09 - Oct 5 by BAWHoops

As others have alluded to we can come up with all the formations and tactics we like... but it's rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic stuff.
Kakay, Dozell we know aren't good enough for this level. Armstrong, Smyth completely unproven at this level. Willock woefully out of form and a waste of space.
There's 4-5 starters every single game who aren't good enough or aren't ready yet and nothing to come off the bench to improve them.
Of our established players only Chair and Field are top half standard. The rest or getting by at this level or coming to the end of their career.

Smyth is playing RWB because our other options there are Adomah, who is not good enough or Drewe who is not good enough. Kakay can play there... but then you have to put Gubbins in at CB and he isn't good enough.

There is literally a first 11 in a 433 of Begovic, Cannon, Cook, JCS, Paal, Field, Colback, Smyth, Chair, Armstrong, Dykes and then nothing beyond that.

Unless you can get that 11 on the field consistently for 20-30 games we are fcked

And even if you can, I'd say we're still f*cked!

F*ck the f*cking lot of it!

10 games in on 18:53 - Oct 5 with 1153 viewsterryb

10 games in on 13:58 - Oct 5 by R_from_afar

I don't think we can afford to wait until January to improve the squad, that could be too late to keep us up.

Ainsworth and co. need to get a free or loan striker now, perhaps on a deal until the end of the year. I hope to God that they are already looking.

There are players out there. They won't be amazing but we desperately need someone who has scored a few goals and who can hold the ball up for a bit. One of our biggest problems is that apart from Chair and 2022 Willock, we don't have anyone who can hang on the ball when we do eventually get into an attacking position.

Whoever is our manager, expecting that current squad to deliver the goals we need is a strategy which relies on someone having the purple patch to end all purple patches and - spoiler alert - that's almost certainly not going to happen, sadly.

A new striker, even if they're knocking on and/or not the best, could give the squad a bit of a psychological lift too; any of our squad with any nous must be looking at their colleagues in the dressing room and thinking where the hell are the goals going to come from. Grim times.

"Ainsworth and co. need to get a free or loan striker now, perhaps on a deal until the end of the year. I hope to God that they are already looking."

Good luck with that! Loan players & free transfers can only be signed during the transfer window. You can still sign players that are not contracted to ant other club, but you can't play them unless there are vacancies in the named 25 players.

I think we could accomodate another player, but like Cannon, they would take time to gain fitness etc
10 games in on 19:00 - Oct 5 with 1137 viewsSteveB

Gareth Ainsworth = Evil Les parting gift for us all....
10 games in on 19:10 - Oct 5 with 1109 viewsterryb

10 games in on 19:00 - Oct 5 by SteveB

I think you'll find that was down to Amit Bahtia scratching his itch.
10 games in on 19:16 - Oct 5 with 1091 viewshubble

10 games in on 19:10 - Oct 5 by terryb

And to think we got rid of Buttache. Sorry, Bettache.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

10 games in on 19:30 - Oct 5 with 1052 viewsBrianMcCarthy

10 games in on 19:10 - Oct 5 by terryb

I think we all suspected that it wasn't a Les appointment, but Bhatia?

I'm suprised by that Terry. Not that I doubt you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

10 games in on 19:41 - Oct 5 with 1026 viewsSK_hoops

10 games in on 19:00 - Oct 5 by SteveB

And Richards. Could have afforded that Stansfield loan for example if we didn't have him.
10 games in on 19:58 - Oct 5 with 990 viewsterryb

10 games in on 19:30 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I think we all suspected that it wasn't a Les appointment, but Bhatia?

I'm suprised by that Terry. Not that I doubt you.

It's just something I've read Brian & it might have been somebody different, but I think it was Clive who reported this as the case. Something along the lines of Fernandes scratching his itch with McClaren & Bahtia now doing the same with Ainsworth.

My apologies Clive if I'm naming you incorrectly.
10 games in on 20:00 - Oct 5 with 987 viewsWestonsuperR

I said 30 before Watford so that is an improvement. What did we expect with a forward line of Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman, only Dykes had ever scooted above league 2 level, surely the weakest front 3 in the league and by some margin.
10 games in on 20:04 - Oct 5 with 977 viewsJules4367

The problem ISN'T Ainsworth.
Getting someone new in does not resolve the problem.
Its like having a park full of long established weeds, moss, clover, dandelions and then sacking the council's gardener because you cannot play tennis, cricket , croquet on it.
The weeds are established and the new guy will have to work around them as he cannot get rid of them.
Dykes is not a championship level striker
Willock doesn't tackle and is a loafer
Armstrong panics
Dozell - nothing to be said other than
We have a team that cannot score consistently.
We know we are going to go behind, it is all just a matter of time - we all know that tick tock tick tock 0-1.
We all look at the clock and think " great they haven't let one in yet" whereas others tams supporters are " we haven't scored yet!"...that's the difference and sacking Gareth will NOT change that!
So we can all talk about getting rid of Gareth but- if we DO get relegated - who is the Ollie equivalent to get us upward out of League 1??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024