Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary O'Neil - the one that got away? 17:13 - Oct 25 with 1158 viewsMungoJezza

Following the 2014 play-off final, me and my fellow long-suffering QPR mate, Dave, decided to celebrate that rarest of sporting events, a QPR Wembley final victory, with a night out down the Bush. Walking down the Uxbridge Road we ran into Gary O'Neil, who of course 'took one for the team' in the Final. Had he not being wearing his QPR blazer, I am sure we would have walked straight passed him, such an unassuming persona he projected that evening. He was happy to chat, showed no bitterness at the decision to send him off, and posed for a photo. In return we gave him the lowdown on the best place on the street to get chips. He was the complete antithesis of the modern day footballer that evening!
Fast forward to last Monday, and no doubt like many others who caught Sky's Monday night football, I was hugely impressed by O'Neil's breakdown of the tactics employed by Wolves in their recent win over City:

O'Neil is clearly a deep thinking coach, with genuine tactical nous, totally unlike GA. He appears devoid of any ego, unlike Michael Beale, and clearly is a resilient character, having put the disappointing and unjust end to his managerial stint at Bournemouth behind him.

Was ever considered for the head coach role at Rangers after the departure of Warbs? Just imagine where we might be now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024