Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Lumley 21:04 - Nov 12 with 6459 viewsHooparoo

Heard a London accent at work the other day so naturally asked him who his football team was. He said Man U and when I told him I was QPR he said”Do you remember Joe Lumley? I’m his brother”
We had a chat and he told me that Joe was set to come back before we signed Begovic. He also said Joe didn’t get along with Warburton and that several of the players found him to be arrogant. I said Joe was a good shot stopper but his kicking let him down but he’s apparently worked very hard on this and this is no longer the case apparently. Joe now at saints as 3rd choice.

Interesting intel on Warbs.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Joe Lumley on 21:14 - Nov 12 with 5686 viewsRangersw12

Thought he was excellent until he got that whack in the face against Villa and never seemed to be the same again .
Joe Lumley on 22:58 - Nov 12 with 5305 viewsHooparoo

Joe Lumley on 21:14 - Nov 12 by Rangersw12

Thought he was excellent until he got that whack in the face against Villa and never seemed to be the same again .

You’re right, I’d forgotten about that.

Joe Lumley on 23:45 - Nov 12 with 5133 viewspaulhoop2

If thats true re warbs then it’s a shock certainly never came across as arrogant at all. Regarding coming back possible as having ward rated him highly but to be fair can’t see why we would go backwards. Yes begovic is rather ancient but still an upgrade on Lumley

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Joe Lumley on 23:51 - Nov 12 with 5102 viewsBoston

Joe Lumley on 23:45 - Nov 12 by paulhoop2

If thats true re warbs then it’s a shock certainly never came across as arrogant at all. Regarding coming back possible as having ward rated him highly but to be fair can’t see why we would go backwards. Yes begovic is rather ancient but still an upgrade on Lumley

He said she said type of info though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Joe Lumley on 23:51 - Nov 12 with 5105 viewsnumptydumpty

Maybe really it was Joe that was arrogant.

Perhaps he did not like his mistakes being pointed out.

Warburton came across from the outside as focussed and controlled, but wasn't Lumley first dropped by Warburton for Dieng because of too many clangers.

Think perhaps that maybe why he moaned about his manager to his brother....

And seen as his career has gone backwards ever since, even Fakes got rid...
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 23:54]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Joe Lumley on 03:39 - Nov 13 with 4871 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

I was at the Gabba about 3 years ago in my QPR shirt and a chap came up to me and shook my hand and said he is Joe Lumley’s brother. Must be the same bloke?

DonnieR

Joe Lumley on 04:47 - Nov 13 with 4834 viewsHooparoo

Joe Lumley on 03:39 - Nov 13 by SouthAfricanRanger

I was at the Gabba about 3 years ago in my QPR shirt and a chap came up to me and shook my hand and said he is Joe Lumley’s brother. Must be the same bloke?

He was tall like Joe maybe 6 foot 5 or so. Didn’t catch his name but he said he’d be back in sometime to see me(I’m “the wine guy” in a liquor barn). If I see him again I’ll ask him a few more things. Maybe we should get him to a Brisbane Rs catch up if Sky ever put us on the telly again. 😉

Joe Lumley on 05:02 - Nov 13 with 4797 viewsstainrods_elbow

Joe Lumley on 03:39 - Nov 13 by SouthAfricanRanger

Unless he's got more than one brother, presumably, who gets out and about and shakes people's hands? (Did he drop it like a hot potato?)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Lumley on 08:29 - Nov 13 with 4384 viewsDaBurgh

Joe Lumley on 05:02 - Nov 13 by stainrods_elbow

Unless he's got more than one brother, presumably, who gets out and about and shakes people's hands? (Did he drop it like a hot potato?)

I shouldn't laugh at such a churlish remark, but I did. Hehehe.
Joe Lumley on 08:49 - Nov 13 with 4312 viewsflynnbo

I was once marooned on a desert island for 10 days. When I was eventually found, the rescuer identified himself as Joe Lumley’s brother. Small world eh? 😇
Joe Lumley on 08:53 - Nov 13 with 4295 viewsDaBurgh

The guy in the local boulangerie dropped the crusty baguette this morning as he was handing it to me over the counter. I asked him if he was related to Joe Lumley to which I received no reply. *

*This may or may not actually have happened.
Joe Lumley on 08:59 - Nov 13 with 4266 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Joe Lumley on 05:02 - Nov 13 by stainrods_elbow

His beer did slip out his hand though as he was talking to me

DonnieR

Joe Lumley on 09:15 - Nov 13 with 4202 viewsQPR_Jim

Joe Lumley on 23:51 - Nov 12 by numptydumpty

Warburton came across from the outside as focussed and controlled, but wasn't Lumley first dropped by Warburton for Dieng because of too many clangers.

Well the team seemed to have long streaks of not performing for him so it's not unreasonable to think that something wasn't quite right in the dressing room.
Joe Lumley on 09:18 - Nov 13 with 4181 viewswombat

Joe Lumley on 22:58 - Nov 12 by Hooparoo

You’re right, I’d forgotten about that.

with the new system in place its a shame he didnt come back , as others have said beforethe head inury at villa he was a good keeper certainly no worse than we have now.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Joe Lumley on 09:21 - Nov 13 with 4166 viewsflynnbo

Joe Lumley on 09:15 - Nov 13 by QPR_Jim

Well the team seemed to have long streaks of not performing for him so it's not unreasonable to think that something wasn't quite right in the dressing room.

“Man has a go at his boss labelling him arrogant after he loses his job” shocker.
Joe Lumley on 09:35 - Nov 13 with 4082 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Joe Lumley's brother.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Joe Lumley on 09:44 - Nov 13 with 4022 viewsW7Ranger

Joe Lumley on 09:35 - Nov 13 by BrianMcCarthy

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Joe Lumley's brother.

I'm sure the keyboard warriors on social media would be absolutely DELIGHTED to see Joe back.
Joe Lumley on 10:00 - Nov 13 with 3908 viewsQPunkR

Most convincing sighting of Joe Lumley's brother yet

QPR - "shit but local"

Joe Lumley on 11:53 - Nov 13 with 3647 viewsDaBurgh

Joe Lumley's brother being welcomed into the local chapter of the Lions club (international) Brisbane.
Joe Lumley on 12:44 - Nov 13 with 3492 viewsGroveR

If Joe Lumley's brother goes to Norwich away and snogs someone else's missus we can clear up more than one mystery.
Joe Lumley on 12:51 - Nov 13 with 3436 viewsgazza1

1 - Joe Lumley was not good enough and I doubt if he is now.....came across as a nice person though.
2 - As for Warburton - we don't know the 'half of it' as to why he was replaced.
Joe Lumley on 12:52 - Nov 13 with 3427 viewsBoston

Joe Lumley on 04:47 - Nov 13 by Hooparoo

He was tall like Joe maybe 6 foot 5 or so. Didn’t catch his name but he said he’d be back in sometime to see me(I’m “the wine guy” in a liquor barn). If I see him again I’ll ask him a few more things. Maybe we should get him to a Brisbane Rs catch up if Sky ever put us on the telly again. 😉

Maybe if Joe himself walks in, you can accommodate his whine?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Joe Lumley on 13:17 - Nov 13 with 3357 viewsnumptydumpty

Joe Lumley on 23:51 - Nov 12 by numptydumpty

Interesting got couple down votes.

Not sure why.

Wasn't saying Jo was arrogant, just he could have been unaware.

And yes Warburton demoted him, so he was bound to have a lower opinion of him than others.

Sometimes am not surprised some of my posts got a couple of down votes but don't understand this one as Jo was an accident waiting to happen and Dieng at the time was an upgrade no doubt

Just curious as to the negative responses. Happy to hear why ???

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Joe Lumley on 13:50 - Nov 13 with 3244 viewsPaddyhoops

He was costing us a lot of goals near the end of his stay . Nice bloke but nowhere near good enough.
Joe Lumley on 13:56 - Nov 13 with 3225 viewsHAYESBOY

I's rather sign Joanna than Joe.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024