Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can't win with Chair in the side 22:01 - Dec 1 with 5855 viewsAntti_Heinola

ha ha ha.

Bare bones.

You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:15 - Dec 4 with 632 viewsngbqpr

You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:03 - Dec 4 by BrianMcCarthy

This is the same Chair that for years has been at the very top of the Championship tables for assists and key passes.

I'm as excited about Cifuentes as anyone but he heasn't found Chair at the back of the shed. Chair's been an excellent and effective creative player for years. Perfect, no, but excellent and effective, most definitely.

Beat me to it Brian.

In this particular instance, I really don't think the stats do lie, which is why I'm surprised (tho delighted) that he hasn't had a move.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:20 - Dec 4 with 621 viewsParkRoyalR

You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:03 - Dec 4 by BrianMcCarthy

This is the same Chair that for years has been at the very top of the Championship tables for assists and key passes.

I'm as excited about Cifuentes as anyone but he heasn't found Chair at the back of the shed. Chair's been an excellent and effective creative player for years. Perfect, no, but excellent and effective, most definitely.

I genuinely hav'nt seen Chair previously play a head-down no look first time cross into the box with his left foot, like he did for that 2nd goal v Preston.

I'm sure Chair's biggest fans would agree he does'nt use his left foot enough or does'nt cross 1st time enough. That's 2 significant changes to his normal game that I'm giving Marti the credit for.

If he delays that cross to Willock by a second or two (as few would argue against he has a tendency to do) that defender stops appealing for the offside and gets back goal-side / tight to Willock.

These small margins gained by the best Coaches can change results, players and teams and I think we could have found such a Coach in Marti. Hope I'm right.
You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:42 - Dec 4 with 578 viewsdaveB

if he keeps this form up I think we'll have a tough call to make in January as will surely have a bit of interest in him

Leeds were sniffing around in the summer
You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:48 - Dec 4 with 564 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:20 - Dec 4 by ParkRoyalR

I genuinely hav'nt seen Chair previously play a head-down no look first time cross into the box with his left foot, like he did for that 2nd goal v Preston.

I'm sure Chair's biggest fans would agree he does'nt use his left foot enough or does'nt cross 1st time enough. That's 2 significant changes to his normal game that I'm giving Marti the credit for.

If he delays that cross to Willock by a second or two (as few would argue against he has a tendency to do) that defender stops appealing for the offside and gets back goal-side / tight to Willock.

These small margins gained by the best Coaches can change results, players and teams and I think we could have found such a Coach in Marti. Hope I'm right.

My post wasn't aimed at yours, ParkRoyal, it was more a general observation.

Chair has certainly gone through spells where he has held on to the ball too often for some people's liking, but - under Warburton for instance - he has also gone through spells where he released the ball quickly. It's possible that it's linked to a combination of factors such as the team playing well, the team playing attacking tacttics with success, the team getting players into the box and also Chair having (as he does know, with Willock) team-mates who he can trust with possession. These are all factors in the decision-making of any playmaker, and he is a playmaker for us, not just a winger who's paid to bang the ball in quickly.

Let's hope his present return to form continues.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:57 - Dec 4 with 535 viewsParkRoyalR

You can't win with Chair in the side on 16:48 - Dec 4 by BrianMcCarthy

My post wasn't aimed at yours, ParkRoyal, it was more a general observation.

Chair has certainly gone through spells where he has held on to the ball too often for some people's liking, but - under Warburton for instance - he has also gone through spells where he released the ball quickly. It's possible that it's linked to a combination of factors such as the team playing well, the team playing attacking tacttics with success, the team getting players into the box and also Chair having (as he does know, with Willock) team-mates who he can trust with possession. These are all factors in the decision-making of any playmaker, and he is a playmaker for us, not just a winger who's paid to bang the ball in quickly.

Let's hope his present return to form continues.

Agree, we seem to have seen a lot of subtle changes in a few games which bode well, be it Dykes playing a more narrow central channel as he does for Scotland, Chair playing quicker ball, Kakay being more composed in possession, EDB attacking the box, lots of marginal improvements across a whole group of players which gives us hope we can turn this season around.
You can't win with Chair in the side on 17:18 - Dec 4 with 486 viewsE1Hoop

I also think that collectively we can be too quick to write players off generally. Both as a club and a fan base. So when the team is not playing well it is because the players cannot be good enough rather than we need to find a way of them performing better.
Last year Dickie was league 1 at best but is fitting into a mid table Championship side, Bidwell was not good enough but played for Swansea and Coventry in the play offs and Luongo was never a championship player but now apparently is.
I really hope that we have a couple of years of player development with a few additions rather than the wholesale changes.
You can't win with Chair in the side on 17:28 - Dec 4 with 460 viewsAntti_Heinola

You can't win with Chair in the side on 17:18 - Dec 4 by E1Hoop

I also think that collectively we can be too quick to write players off generally. Both as a club and a fan base. So when the team is not playing well it is because the players cannot be good enough rather than we need to find a way of them performing better.
Last year Dickie was league 1 at best but is fitting into a mid table Championship side, Bidwell was not good enough but played for Swansea and Coventry in the play offs and Luongo was never a championship player but now apparently is.
I really hope that we have a couple of years of player development with a few additions rather than the wholesale changes.

Very good post.
Luongo also 'not good enough' but excelling in a great Ipswich side. Matt Phillips got pelters when he played for us but has racked up hundreds of games under many managers at West Brom, who have finished above us every season since he left us.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024