Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
India v England Test Series 09:06 - Jan 25 with 14959 viewsRangersw12

Well as expected the pitch is turning square on day 1 but very entertaining cricket

Actually think we have done pretty well problem we have is our spin attack is so inexperienced that we probably need 300 plus so likely we will be under par

India v England Test Series on 09:10 - Jan 25 with 5316 viewsGaryBannister86

Stokes is just incredible. Disappointed in Pope, never looked settled. Foakes now needs to live up to his billing as best keeper around. We shall see, not sucked in by the elegance myself.

But Stokes - machine.
India v England Test Series on 09:16 - Jan 25 with 5278 viewsRangersw12

India v England Test Series on 09:10 - Jan 25 by GaryBannister86

Stokes is just incredible. Disappointed in Pope, never looked settled. Foakes now needs to live up to his billing as best keeper around. We shall see, not sucked in by the elegance myself.

But Stokes - machine.

Agree about Pope but he hasn't played for months so to be expected I suppose.

Foakes has massive pressure on him after that innings

At least we haven't been rolled for 120 so we have a small chance if we bowl out of our skins
India v England Test Series on 09:21 - Jan 25 with 5258 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 09:16 - Jan 25 by Rangersw12

Agree about Pope but he hasn't played for months so to be expected I suppose.

Foakes has massive pressure on him after that innings

At least we haven't been rolled for 120 so we have a small chance if we bowl out of our skins

I actually think 250 is a decent score on a track that turns square after 1 hour of Day 1.

The Indians say it is no different to us preparing a green top, but even when we do that it takes a day or 2 to take effect!

Only issue is, our spinners are two who don't spin it, one on debut, and a very talented leggie who is only in his second game!
India v England Test Series on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 5216 viewsRangersw12

If we had Monty and Swann this would be a great score

That ball to get Stokes moved miles 😂

With green tracks the wicket will likely get better and sometimes moves less depending on the weather these tracks that India produce are just a lottery which will get worse and worse .

I find it entertaining though even if we will likely be on the wrong side of it
[Post edited 25 Jan 9:37]
India v England Test Series on 09:44 - Jan 25 with 5175 viewsSuperhoops2808

I know I am biased as a Kent supporter, but for me there are better keepers out there than Foakes. The guy at Somerset (James Rew) is great as is the other one who plays at Surrey (Jamie Smith) when Foakes is not playing. Trouble is we constantly revisit old players rather than going for the youth and building a team of the future.
India v England Test Series on 10:10 - Jan 25 with 5123 viewsWokingR

Anyone else thinking that Indian kit looks disturbingly like a recent Chelsea away shirt ?
India v England Test Series on 10:27 - Jan 25 with 5067 viewsSuperhoops2808

Appears India are playing their version of Bazball
India v England Test Series on 08:34 - Jan 26 with 4837 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 09:44 - Jan 25 by Superhoops2808

I know I am biased as a Kent supporter, but for me there are better keepers out there than Foakes. The guy at Somerset (James Rew) is great as is the other one who plays at Surrey (Jamie Smith) when Foakes is not playing. Trouble is we constantly revisit old players rather than going for the youth and building a team of the future.

We weren't wrong on Foakes, as inevitably the Best Gloveman in The World drops Rahul on 0. If that was Bairstow, we wouldn't hear the end of how Foakes should be playing and he would have caught it. What rot.

I just don't understand how our spinners, apart from Rehan Ahmed, can barely turn the ball even on a raging Bunsen like this. Leach isn't a spinner, he's a slow left-armer.
Login to get fewer ads

India v England Test Series on 09:07 - Jan 26 with 4793 viewsRangersw12

India v England Test Series on 08:34 - Jan 26 by GaryBannister86

We weren't wrong on Foakes, as inevitably the Best Gloveman in The World drops Rahul on 0. If that was Bairstow, we wouldn't hear the end of how Foakes should be playing and he would have caught it. What rot.

I just don't understand how our spinners, apart from Rehan Ahmed, can barely turn the ball even on a raging Bunsen like this. Leach isn't a spinner, he's a slow left-armer.

Very tough chance TBF but agree about the chat

Crying out for Jimmy and a bit of control .

Unless a miracle happens I can see this being over by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

Windies v Aussies looks decent though !!
India v England Test Series on 09:10 - Jan 26 with 4783 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 09:07 - Jan 26 by Rangersw12

Unless a miracle happens I can see this being over by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

Yeah it was a tough chance but the way the Foakes bandwagon witters on whenever YJB or Butler is behind the stumps you would think he was flawless.

Has always been the same - Russell, Read, Foster blah blah all overrated by some kind of English wicketkeeping snobbery when less aesthetic glovemen bring far more to the table overall and all of the above keepers just drop them anway.
India v England Test Series on 09:11 - Jan 26 with 4783 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 09:07 - Jan 26 by Rangersw12

Yeah it was a tough chance but the way the Foakes bandwagon witters on whenever YJB or Butler is behind the stumps you would think he was flawless.

Has always been the same - Russell, Read, Foster blah blah all overrated by some kind of English wicketkeeping snobbery when less aesthetic glovemen bring far more to the table overall and all of the above keepers just drop them anyway.
India v England Test Series on 09:40 - Jan 26 with 4733 viewsjohnhoop

It says everything about England’s dearth of Test class spinners that, according to TMS, the only one who is turning the ball and looks a real threat is……………..Joe Root!
India v England Test Series on 12:21 - Jan 26 with 4642 viewsSonofNorfolt

I’m now sitting by the pool at my hotel in Hyderabad after returning from the day’s
play and glad to be going home tomorrow.
Understandably their spinners are better than ours and therein lies the difference.
India v England Test Series on 13:14 - Jan 26 with 4565 viewsSuperhoops2808

Why can we not be bold. For me I would give Rew the gloves - 20 years old, played for the U19's and has first class average of 34. Get the youth in now. They did it with Crawley and persevered with him, now do it with a wicket keeper.

And we have better spinners out there than Leach who I have never really rated.

I thought when Key came in we would bin off this clique that seems to exist in the squad, but sadly appears not
India v England Test Series on 18:28 - Jan 26 with 4471 viewsstowmarketrange

India v England Test Series on 12:21 - Jan 26 by SonofNorfolt

I’m now sitting by the pool at my hotel in Hyderabad after returning from the day’s
play and glad to be going home tomorrow.
Understandably their spinners are better than ours and therein lies the difference.

I was looking to go over for the last 3 tests but I think the series might be long gone by the time we get to Rajkot.
How did we expect our team to play when they’ve spent the last few weeks playing golf in Dubai instead of actually playing cricket in conditions that they’re likely to face over the next 6 weeks?

The India team have won their last 16 home series,and we prepare for the toughest away tour in world cricket by sinking putts in the UAE.

Enjoy it mate.
India v England Test Series on 21:02 - Jan 26 with 4364 viewsNoDiddley

Stick to Guinness in the horse, you can get a decent curry over here for less money & heartache, England cricket is a bit like QPR, mostly always disappointing with the occasional high!
India v England Test Series on 21:33 - Jan 26 with 4340 viewsstowmarketrange

India v England Test Series on 21:02 - Jan 26 by NoDiddley

Stick to Guinness in the horse, you can get a decent curry over here for less money & heartache, England cricket is a bit like QPR, mostly always disappointing with the occasional high!

Look on the bright side,I could miss 6 qpr defeats and only see 3 English ones.
India v England Test Series on 11:25 - Jan 27 with 4142 viewsRangersw12

What a fantastic innings by Pope and showed the rest of the team that you can bat on Indian wickets

Still don't think we have the bowling attack to win it but let's hope we give them a bloody nose at least
India v England Test Series on 11:57 - Jan 27 with 4096 viewsHoopstar

Superb innings by Pope today.

I have never fully warmed to him in the side, but that was an absolutely top drawer knock.

Hope we can scrounge out another 100 runs or so tomorrow to make it an interesting final innings for India.
India v England Test Series on 12:10 - Jan 27 with 4076 viewsjohann28

India v England Test Series on 11:57 - Jan 27 by Hoopstar

Superb innings by Pope today.

I have never fully warmed to him in the side, but that was an absolutely top drawer knock.

Hope we can scrounge out another 100 runs or so tomorrow to make it an interesting final innings for India.

Agree; pleased for him. Bags of talent - as with many at this level (Mark Ramprakash springs to mind) you just worry about his mentality. Hope he pushes on from here.
India v England Test Series on 12:13 - Jan 27 with 4064 viewsAntti_Heinola

Pope’s an excellent player. So happy for him.
Great knock from Foakes too.
Bit odd about the ‘why can’t we be bold’ comments above. Rehan is 19. Tom Hartley is 24. Bashir, who would’ve played, is 20. Leach is a really good bowler and Foakes is proven in Asia. Find all the clique comments I’ve seen on here and on socials don’t really match what I see, and it’s very difficult to argue with Stokes’s results.
I’m sure Rew will get his chance though, he looks a great player.

Bare bones.

India v England Test Series on 12:30 - Jan 27 with 4043 viewsGaryBannister86

India v England Test Series on 12:13 - Jan 27 by Antti_Heinola

Pope’s an excellent player. So happy for him.
Great knock from Foakes too.
Bit odd about the ‘why can’t we be bold’ comments above. Rehan is 19. Tom Hartley is 24. Bashir, who would’ve played, is 20. Leach is a really good bowler and Foakes is proven in Asia. Find all the clique comments I’ve seen on here and on socials don’t really match what I see, and it’s very difficult to argue with Stokes’s results.
I’m sure Rew will get his chance though, he looks a great player.

Yeah I won't hear a word against Stokes (or Brendan). His sticking with Hartley in the first innings was something no other England captain would have done. They would all have whipped him off after a few overs, completely killed him for the game, the series and probably his career. Instead, he thought long-term and he started to come through it. No wonder players love him so much.

Fair play to Foakes, I'm his biggest critic but he did well today. We won't bowl them out but if our spinners can nip a few out then we've shown in this test we can really give them a scare or two in this series.
India v England Test Series on 07:47 - Jan 28 with 3865 viewsjohnhoop

Hartley just taken two wickets in an over and put India on 42-2, chasing 231.
Might just be a flash in the pan but I’m actually wishing I had TNT sport for the next few hours!
India v England Test Series on 08:05 - Jan 28 with 3837 viewsBlackCrowe

What a match this has been. Get another couple of wickets before they get to 100 and we win.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

India v England Test Series on 08:06 - Jan 28 with 3823 viewsstowmarketrange

India v England Test Series on 07:47 - Jan 28 by johnhoop

Hartley just taken two wickets in an over and put India on 42-2, chasing 231.
Might just be a flash in the pan but I’m actually wishing I had TNT sport for the next few hours!

I’ll be watching it in the car on the way to the game.What a comeback from England.And the Aussies lost too.Just need the R’s to win today now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024