Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new era 10:24 - Jul 14 with 3418 viewsTrance_Trousers

After 24 years in exile, Maidstone utd finally arrive home today with a home friendly against Brighton.

COYS

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

A new era on 10:26 - Jul 14 with 3415 viewssmegma

Did Gianni save them ?
A new era on 10:27 - Jul 14 with 3409 viewsDaiHo0p

A new era on 11:54 - Jul 14 with 3321 viewsTheBlob

Kent Old Bill cadets in the car park eyeballing tax discs no doubt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

A new era on 13:07 - Jul 14 with 3270 viewsMoonshineSteve

You gonna be there, Sharpman?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

A new era on 13:23 - Jul 14 with 3250 viewsTrance_Trousers

Went down there got me program come back home because of the rain.Walking back down just before KO.How good is that.
There`s a lot to be said for supporting your local team.

A new era on 14:40 - Jul 14 with 3210 viewsAlbRanger

Fantastic news. Lot of time for Maidstone. Remember many trips to London Road with Enfield when both clubs where major players in non-league - before the scum came in with their bent cash.

Hope this the start of big things again for the Stones - fans have waited a long time.

Now we need to see the Es rise from the ashes. At least the ground is in place.
A new era on 14:53 - Jul 14 with 3200 viewsBazWoT

A new era on 13:23 - Jul 14 by Trance_Trousers

Went down there got me program come back home because of the rain.Walking back down just before KO.How good is that.
There`s a lot to be said for supporting your local team.

No roof?

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

A new era on 21:54 - Jul 14 with 3092 viewsted_hendrix

Sharples, have you moved up from the yoot yet?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

A new era on 01:33 - Jul 15 with 3041 viewsTrance_Trousers

Taking a more backroom position nowadays Ted.You know the stuff, leaflet drops, propaganda that sort of thing.

Apart from the weather and the scoreline, excellent day out.For a town that has the same population as Norwich, Reading and larger than Wigan or Blackburn not to have its own ground, it`s over due.

But by christ it has some proper scarfers.

A new era on 10:02 - Jul 15 with 2992 viewsted_hendrix

A new era on 01:33 - Jul 15 by Trance_Trousers

Taking a more backroom position nowadays Ted.You know the stuff, leaflet drops, propaganda that sort of thing.

Apart from the weather and the scoreline, excellent day out.For a town that has the same population as Norwich, Reading and larger than Wigan or Blackburn not to have its own ground, it`s over due.

How are you getting to the Swansea game, by train? and will you be travelling first class or second class?

A new era on 10:17 - Jul 15 with 2981 viewsBazWoT

A new era on 10:02 - Jul 15 by ted_hendrix

How are you getting to the Swansea game, by train? and will you be travelling first class or second class?

Indeed, knowing the class of travel is vital.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

A new era on 10:38 - Jul 15 with 2969 viewsbishom

A new era on 01:33 - Jul 15 by Trance_Trousers

What's the new 3G Artificial pitch like?
Things have come on a long way since our plastic pitch. I hear Gus Poyet heaped praise on it.

Bishom

A new era on 11:23 - Jul 15 with 2943 viewsmacro

AFC Wimbledon, Chester, Boston, Halifax have shown you can rebuild good luck maidstone
A new era on 11:39 - Jul 15 with 2930 viewsspencer

Best of luck to you trance.I just live round the corner from Folkestone.We are shot , but its my local team,I know a lot of the squad as well.

As for Maidstone, has to be added a very nice town.Nice shopping area, nice place to visit and some local pubs in neighbouring places.
A new era on 12:07 - Jul 15 with 2914 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm pretty sure I had Maidstone in my 1985 FA cup wallchart (remember those) I'm sure they had two little stickers.

I played at Enfield's old ground, lovely old stadium, I only found out recently it's not there any more

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

A new era on 13:08 - Jul 15 with 2897 viewsTrance_Trousers

The new 3G pitch looked really good.No high bouncing ball, no players in leggings.Not seen any reports of burning etc, so it passes those tests.There was some surface water in places but with the amount of water yesterday that was understandable.
There was a club vote on it`s usage awhile ago and up to league 2 the clubs voted in favour of it, at this time it is only permitted up to Ryman premier.Time will tell.

Ted,more than likely the 11:32 out of Maidstone east, 2nd class alas but i shall be bringing a packed lunch and i do favour a window seat facing forward.

A new era on 15:41 - Jul 15 with 2865 viewsted_hendrix

A new era on 13:08 - Jul 15 by Trance_Trousers

The new 3G pitch looked really good.No high bouncing ball, no players in leggings.Not seen any reports of burning etc, so it passes those tests.There was some surface water in places but with the amount of water yesterday that was understandable.
There was a club vote on it`s usage awhile ago and up to league 2 the clubs voted in favour of it, at this time it is only permitted up to Ryman premier.Time will tell.

Ted,more than likely the 11:32 out of Maidstone east, 2nd class alas but i shall be bringing a packed lunch and i do favour a window seat facing forward.

"Ted,more than likely the 11:32 out of Maidstone east, 2nd class alas but i shall be bringing a packed lunch and i do favour a window seat facing forward."

At least you don't need to worry about leg room;

lol etc

A new era on 15:55 - Jul 15 with 2858 viewsAlbRanger

A new era on 12:07 - Jul 15 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm pretty sure I had Maidstone in my 1985 FA cup wallchart (remember those) I'm sure they had two little stickers.

I played at Enfield's old ground, lovely old stadium, I only found out recently it's not there any more

Southbury Road was a fantastic little ground. What that scumbag chairman did was criminal.

Very very sad indeed
A new era on 16:14 - Jul 15 with 2847 viewsTheBlob

Anyway,good luck to the Stones.Used to see games down at the London Road ground,Kent Amateur Cup days,Watling Street during the Tony Pamphlet/Mark "Smokey" Gall era.With the new ground maybe they can kick on like Dartford have,the support's there.

A new era on 16:51 - Jul 15 with 2832 viewsTrance_Trousers

Lets hope so Blob.

Do you remember the FA cup replay against Charlton many moons ago ? 12,000 fans.

A new era on 20:00 - Jul 15 with 2775 viewsTheBlob

A new era on 16:51 - Jul 15 by Trance_Trousers

Lets hope so Blob.

Do you remember the FA cup replay against Charlton many moons ago ? 12,000 fans.

Couldn't get anywhere near the place for that one.
Remeber seeing Stones getting laced up by Leicester City 3-1 in a League Cup tie,with a young(ish) Steve Claridge doing the main damage.Give him his due,touch of class that night.At least they're away from all them sloping pitches.

A new era on 21:22 - Jul 15 with 2739 viewsbishom

A new era on 13:08 - Jul 15 by Trance_Trousers

Good luck to them. The new Stadium is in a great position, close to the Maidstone East Station and the Town centre pubs. Bet The White Rabbit and The Flowerpot were heaving. I reckon they could fill the ground most weeks, not bad for Ryman League.

Bishom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024