Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We want Peter Crouch... 21:53 - Jan 7 with 2207 viewshoopsa07

...Or I do at least, this was rumoured last week but seems to have died down a bit . He would be amazing signing:
-A QPR fan (I love the story about him high-fiving all the QPR squad in the tunnel after the Stoke game) he would play his heart out every week
-He's still a decent player scores a few (5 goals 21 appearances)

Your thoughts...
We want Peter Crouch... on 22:00 - Jan 7 with 2181 viewskingo

Same as OP, I would absolutely love him to come home.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

We want Peter Crouch... on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 2161 viewsKiwi76

Unfortunately if we were to get someone from Stoke would be Kenwyne Jones not Crouchie.
Has to be question marks on attitude but did go for couple of decent fees and does offer something different to existing in terms of presence?
We want Peter Crouch... on 22:06 - Jan 7 with 2149 viewsRANGERS4EVER

i love Crouch, always had, would be a great signing. Him holding the ball up with DJ banging in the goals would be brilliant

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

We want Peter Crouch... on 22:15 - Jan 7 with 2103 viewsbobby

i've been 'seeing' Abbey Clancy on the quiet and she let it slip that Rodney is coming home..

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

We want Peter Crouch... on 22:31 - Jan 7 with 2055 viewsderbyhoop

We want Peter Crouch... on 22:15 - Jan 7 by bobby

i've been 'seeing' Abbey Clancy on the quiet and she let it slip that Rodney is coming home..

Are you really John Terry?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

We want Peter Crouch... on 22:41 - Jan 7 with 2016 viewsBrazilNutR

Love Crouchy....would be the best signing I could imagine,,thats within reality...if its within reality... our position suggests it would be odd..the only thing that swings it is he;s been getting less game time, and is a fan..

We want Peter Crouch... on 23:47 - Jan 7 with 1927 viewsBrightonhoop

Would love to see him back, but there is no way Stoke will do us any favours.
We want Peter Crouch... on 10:02 - Jan 8 with 1776 viewsdaveB

So signing a French international for 10million is mad but signing a 31 year old for similar money with only one more goal than Zamora this season is a great signing.

Login to get fewer ads

We want Peter Crouch... on 10:02 - Jan 8 with 1773 viewsHollowayRanger

if we can get him for £3 million or less then yes otherwise nope sorry not interested

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

We want Peter Crouch... on 10:06 - Jan 8 with 1765 viewsdaveB

not a chance it will be £3million or less, you are looking at £10million at least for him. He went for £9millon a year ago
We want Peter Crouch... on 10:13 - Jan 8 with 1756 viewsHollowayRanger

We want Peter Crouch... on 10:06 - Jan 8 by daveB

not a chance it will be £3million or less, you are looking at £10million at least for him. He went for £9millon a year ago

then thats a no then

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

We want Peter Crouch... on 12:02 - Jan 8 with 1695 viewsW7Ranger

We want Peter Crouch... on 10:06 - Jan 8 by daveB

He signed for them 18months ago for £10million. 14 goals in 51 games. Will be 32 at the end of the month.

Do you honestly think he would go for more or at least the same price???????

Maybe £5-£6m, but not £10m.
We want Peter Crouch... on 12:22 - Jan 8 with 1657 viewsdaveB

I don't see why Stoke would sell him at half price when it will cost them more to replace him
We want Peter Crouch... on 12:39 - Jan 8 with 1622 viewsW7Ranger

We want Peter Crouch... on 12:22 - Jan 8 by daveB

I don't see why Stoke would sell him at half price when it will cost them more to replace him

Because he's now 32 (this month) and holding onto him any longer will only reduce his value even further.

Look at Berbatov for Man U. Went for less than he was bought.
Look at Torres for Chelsea. Will eventually go for less than he was bought.
Carroll at Liverpool. Doubt they'll recoup £35m if/when they sell him.

How many 32 year old strikers cost £10m these days??? I can't see Stoke expecting to sell Crouch on for the same price either now or in the summer.

We want Peter Crouch... on 12:39 - Jan 8 with 1620 viewshoops_legend

We want Peter Crouch... on 12:22 - Jan 8 by daveB

I would love Crouch to sign, then maybe we wouldn't be lumping high balls to SWP but instead focus on Crouch to head down and create good play..

It would give us more options as we are useless in the air upfront (Taarabt, Cisse, Campbell)
We want Peter Crouch... on 12:46 - Jan 8 with 1601 viewsbaz_qpr

Crouch was the signing we should have made when we came up but Stoke dont need or want to sell we've approached once and been turned down if reports are true and I can't see them selling for less than £8m
We want Peter Crouch... on 12:50 - Jan 8 with 1590 viewsdaveB

We want Peter Crouch... on 12:39 - Jan 8 by W7Ranger

Because he's now 32 (this month) and holding onto him any longer will only reduce his value even further.

Look at Berbatov for Man U. Went for less than he was bought.
Look at Torres for Chelsea. Will eventually go for less than he was bought.
Carroll at Liverpool. Doubt they'll recoup £35m if/when they sell him.

How many 32 year old strikers cost £10m these days??? I can't see Stoke expecting to sell Crouch on for the same price either now or in the summer.

I just can't see Stoke wanting to sell him and if they do they'll be looking for as much money as possible, we wouldn't get him on the cheap.
We want Peter Crouch... on 13:06 - Jan 8 with 1538 viewsVish

We want Peter Crouch... on 12:50 - Jan 8 by daveB

I just can't see Stoke wanting to sell him and if they do they'll be looking for as much money as possible, we wouldn't get him on the cheap.

...and Stoke know we have some financial backing, and desperatley need signings.

They would and can afford to hold out for a decent fee as they don't need to sell him.
We want Peter Crouch... on 13:13 - Jan 8 with 1519 viewsW7Ranger

We want Peter Crouch... on 12:50 - Jan 8 by daveB

How much longer do you honestly think Stoke could hold out for a £10m fee for Crouch at his age?

Signing a player at this stage of his career is not likely to get you a return on your "investment", especially if you buy him for £10m. As much as I love Crouch and would love it he came back to Rangers, the club (or any club!) would be mad to spend £10m on him. And Stoke would be in cloud cuckoo land if they expected to sell him at a profit or even the same price for someone of his age.

Cissé is younger (albeit only by 6 months!) and has a better goals to game ratio than Crouch - do you think we'll even sell Cissé for a profit? Even though we've bought him for much less?

We want Peter Crouch... on 13:17 - Jan 8 with 1510 viewsVish

We want Peter Crouch... on 13:13 - Jan 8 by W7Ranger

How much longer do you honestly think Stoke could hold out for a £10m fee for Crouch at his age?

Signing a player at this stage of his career is not likely to get you a return on your "investment", especially if you buy him for £10m. As much as I love Crouch and would love it he came back to Rangers, the club (or any club!) would be mad to spend £10m on him. And Stoke would be in cloud cuckoo land if they expected to sell him at a profit or even the same price for someone of his age.

Cissé is younger (albeit only by 6 months!) and has a better goals to game ratio than Crouch - do you think we'll even sell Cissé for a profit? Even though we've bought him for much less?

i can't see Stoke expecting to sell him for £10m, or £7m. However, i think they would hold out for around £5m, and a bonus if we manage to stay up or some other silly clause that we fall for.

Then the question is, would we want to spend £5m on him at his age (assuming it was £5m)?
We want Peter Crouch... on 14:17 - Jan 8 with 1428 viewsdaveB

what do Stoke gain by selling him? If they were trying to sell him then yeah i agree we could get him for £5million but they are not trying to let him go so are going to ask for silly money if we go in for him.

Unless he asks to move I think they'll keep him as he can do a job for them for the next couple of years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024