Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Positives (There are some) 17:07 - Feb 24 with 4530 viewscjc

Only positives please.
Remy's back, so at least we have stronger striking options for the run in.
Samba really does scare defences and adds a real danger in crosses and free kicks ( i can at least see a couple of goals coming from him).
Hoillet also back and given a run out.
Zamora played 60 minutes!
Townsend was decent. If we go down, we need to try and get him for a season loan at least.
Traore played better than average.
We have a few on the bench, that are decent back ups for defence, at least. Especially when Fabio is back. When was the last time we could say that.
No Derry or Diakite so they should be back in the team or bench.
Could see HR was using the game to try out a few things for the last 11 games.
Not much else, apart from we were not stuffed.

Expect a real attacking formation against Southampton. 3-2 Win
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

The positves on 17:13 - Feb 24 with 3798 viewsWeaverQPR

Positive for me is ive decided to stop throwing more money down the toilet in what has been a fcking embarassment of a season,thus saving myself a small fortune.

@WeavQPR

The positves on 17:22 - Feb 24 with 3779 viewsHollowayRanger

main positive for me is thats one game less that i'll have to suffer though this season

until we win back to back matches there are no positives worth talking about

we were points behind newcastle and stole there so called main target from them whist they sold ba ,now just 4 matches later we are 13 points behind them thats how a team should react and kick on with new signings ,we havent changed at all ,but your right its all or nothing time zamorra and remy should start taarabt behind them and mbia diakite and one other head says derry heart says townsend

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Positives (There are some) on 17:54 - Feb 24 with 3749 viewsNeil_SI

There were definitely some positives, but it was just small stuff and marginal.

In terms of the play — they definitely seemed to have a better understanding of what to do from the base and passed and moved it around there a bit better, but once the phase progressed and we went forward, it broke down quickly again.

You hope that these little signs materialise into something better over the coming weeks, and with better players, such as Fabio and Loic Remy hopefully being in the side more often than not, it does change the picture a little bit.

Christopher Samba is definitely a threat from set pieces and we can put percentage balls into the box to him for him to go and attack, which is better than trying to be precise and work on routines that we can't execute well. We'll have to save that for the summer (again).

Remy was lively when he was on, but we've got to find him the ball in areas he can hurt the opposition and invite the team up to join and support him. I'm not convinced personally about Bobby Zamora, if he is in the side and struggling that badly with his fitness then we're not going to help ourselves.

But we still lack the nous required and are easily dealt with when there's a turnover of possession. That's the real worry and we're pretty much one injury to any of our key men for this to sink us into the mire.

The Southampton game is very dangerous for us because of the way they press the ball high up the pitch. It's going to force us to play and we'll learn an awful lot about what's in the tank. I'd like to see us just go for it now and come out firing — Redknapp's done enough work on trying to make them a bit more stable, there's not a lot more he can do that way in the time we have and the results we need...so time to come out swinging.

The Positives (There are some) on 18:16 - Feb 24 with 3713 viewsDanVanDyke

The Positives (There are some) on 17:54 - Feb 24 by Neil_SI

There were definitely some positives, but it was just small stuff and marginal.

In terms of the play — they definitely seemed to have a better understanding of what to do from the base and passed and moved it around there a bit better, but once the phase progressed and we went forward, it broke down quickly again.

You hope that these little signs materialise into something better over the coming weeks, and with better players, such as Fabio and Loic Remy hopefully being in the side more often than not, it does change the picture a little bit.

Christopher Samba is definitely a threat from set pieces and we can put percentage balls into the box to him for him to go and attack, which is better than trying to be precise and work on routines that we can't execute well. We'll have to save that for the summer (again).

Remy was lively when he was on, but we've got to find him the ball in areas he can hurt the opposition and invite the team up to join and support him. I'm not convinced personally about Bobby Zamora, if he is in the side and struggling that badly with his fitness then we're not going to help ourselves.

But we still lack the nous required and are easily dealt with when there's a turnover of possession. That's the real worry and we're pretty much one injury to any of our key men for this to sink us into the mire.

The Southampton game is very dangerous for us because of the way they press the ball high up the pitch. It's going to force us to play and we'll learn an awful lot about what's in the tank. I'd like to see us just go for it now and come out firing — Redknapp's done enough work on trying to make them a bit more stable, there's not a lot more he can do that way in the time we have and the results we need...so time to come out swinging.

I'm just back from Newcastle v Saints as my brother supports Saints and I thought their pressing game let them down today. Newcastle effectively negated the tactic by not passing around their back four or playing short balls into midfield and instead played percentage balls to turn around both full backs who come forward to help the midfield press.

Newcastle of course create chances which we don't, and had a fair slice of luck, which again we don't possess, but no reason why we can't go there and win. They're certainly looking forward for Harry coming back!

On a footballing aside Chris Foy produced a refereeing display of the most diabolical kind. Utter gash.
The Positives (There are some) on 18:38 - Feb 24 with 3690 viewsQPRDave

Positive .....apparently the lads bagged some real nice towels, dressing gowns, slippers, and complimentary bits from the hotel in Dubai!!...
The Positives (There are some) on 19:28 - Feb 24 with 3651 viewsTGRRRSSS

Villa have struggled bit time with set pieces, assuming Samba is playing that day it's something to focus on from corners, free kicks etc.
The Positives (There are some) on 20:31 - Feb 24 with 3611 viewsNorthernr

Only 11 games left and then it's all over.
The Positives (There are some) on 23:01 - Feb 24 with 3544 viewstoemasher

I enjoyed mbias mad commitment, Hill on most disruptive form, Zamora with his hands in the air, Cesars genius save, Samba scaring everyone in their box,Traore running very fast, shouting at Ferguson. Politely pointing out to the old man dressed as a teenager blaring on about their 68 points that all those points but still no class...... ummm I was very happy when the second half ended.
I think they are the most boring team in the prem, at least Norwich are funny . Man city were so much more exciting.
Thats it, I think.
Login to get fewer ads

The Positives (There are some) on 23:15 - Feb 24 with 3519 viewsloftboy

The Positives (There are some) on 20:31 - Feb 24 by Northernr

Beat me to it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Positives (There are some) on 23:24 - Feb 24 with 3508 viewsextratimeR

I particularly enjoyed the fore- arm smash into Henandez face by Clint, just befrore half time, great timing and the ref missed it.

Nice to see a player going down who's not faking it!
The Positives (There are some) on 23:38 - Feb 24 with 3493 viewsBAWHoops

The Positives (There are some) on 20:31 - Feb 24 by Northernr

That was my exact reaction on Saturday.

Can't wait to go back where we belong next season. All I want is for us to win more games than we lose. We won't trouble the top half of the table

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

The Positives (There are some) on 23:56 - Feb 24 with 3477 viewsHollowayRanger

The Positives (There are some) on 23:15 - Feb 24 by loftboy

Beat me to it.

I said it first

(main positive for me is thats one game less that i'll have to suffer though this season )

wonder what they will call the dvd

mission impossible ?
a season too far?
nightmare on loftus road
tony's millions
doomwatch

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Positives (There are some) on 08:35 - Feb 25 with 3400 viewsPhilmyRs

The Positives (There are some) on 23:56 - Feb 24 by HollowayRanger

I said it first

(main positive for me is thats one game less that i'll have to suffer though this season )

wonder what they will call the dvd

mission impossible ?
a season too far?
nightmare on loftus road
tony's millions
doomwatch

Remy looked lively as did townsend at times. Results around us went our way and that was the hardest game in our run in.
The Positives (There are some) on 08:54 - Feb 25 with 3377 viewsToast_R

Does anyone think Southampton will be out of sight within 20 minutes after wave after wave of attacks and inept defending?

Throwthe Harry Redknapp hostilities to the fold and I can see another Southend 5-0 job coming on.

The Positives (There are some) on 08:59 - Feb 25 with 3366 viewskingo

The Positives (There are some) on 08:54 - Feb 25 by Toast_R

Does anyone think Southampton will be out of sight within 20 minutes after wave after wave of attacks and inept defending?

Throwthe Harry Redknapp hostilities to the fold and I can see another Southend 5-0 job coming on.

Newcastle (and Shearer) showed how to counter the Southampton style of play, I am sure HR will be working on that this week and in Remy, Townsend and Hoilett we have the speed to worry them. Plus, Lambert won't be able to bully Samba.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The Positives (There are some) on 09:17 - Feb 25 with 3353 viewsToast_R

The Positives (There are some) on 08:59 - Feb 25 by kingo

Newcastle (and Shearer) showed how to counter the Southampton style of play, I am sure HR will be working on that this week and in Remy, Townsend and Hoilett we have the speed to worry them. Plus, Lambert won't be able to bully Samba.

Admiring your confidence
The Positives (There are some) on 10:11 - Feb 25 with 3308 viewsNeil_SI

The Positives (There are some) on 08:59 - Feb 25 by kingo

I've said for a long time, that while a lot of people don't rate Alan Pardew, he's always showed some tactical nous when it comes to setting his teams up against others and in a way we haven't.

Last season we went to Chelsea and got thumped 6-1. I said before the game the key to it was to put the lone striker on the holding midfielder, or anybody, on the holding midfielder to disrupt the key element of their possession based game that always starts from the base. We didn't do this at all and got battered and ran around like headless chickens.

Then Newcastle played them in the next game and put Demba Ba on the holding midfielder and they beat Chelsea comfortably who by their own admission, were surprised and couldn't work out why they'd played so poorly. That was why.

There is always a way to handle other teams, but you need the confidence to stick to a game plan and have the competence to execute it. We struggle with both of those things and that's part of our problems. Having said that, just starting the process of trying to stick to a plan and execute it will see them progress a lot faster, even if they get things wrong and make mistakes and I'd like to see us give it a go between now and the end.

If they do, then we won't have any complaints and they'll get sympathy if it doesn't work out. But if they remain playing within themselves and in the timid shell that they've been for so long...they'll only end up being regret from everybody involved, from the players to the fans.

Redknapp brings a simple system, which is why we've seen a bit more structure and some marginal improvements...but it does need to be a fair bit more than that to reach the necessary levels and then we need to find some sort of consistency with our play too. It's a big ask for us, but that's why we should come out swinging and give it a good go - they've nothing to be scared of and nothing to lose now. Just go for it!

I liken this situation to a Championship boxing match, where one fighter is too scared to let go of his punches in fear of losing and being knocked out, yet he's going to lose on points anyway and at the end of it, will reflect back and be disappointed he didn't give it a go as he may never get the same chance at a world title again.

Don't let that guy be us Rangers. You have a punchers chance, so start throwing some punches!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
The Positives (There are some) on 10:12 - Feb 25 with 3306 viewsexiled_dictator

Well, there are two statistics that we should all take into consideration, neither of them concern us.

Everton have lost more times in the Premiership than us.
Spurs have conceded more times in the Premiership than us.

So regardless of what happens come the end of the season, you will have something to get over your Spurs & Everton friends.

That we get relegated, and have spent considerably more time outside the Premiership has absolutely nothing to do with things. Just look at the facts.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

The Positives (There are some) on 10:18 - Feb 25 with 3298 viewsStanisgod

New ground for me and Stan junior ! ( Glory hunters , I know ) !

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Positives (There are some) on 10:37 - Feb 25 with 3282 viewsNorthernr

The Positives (There are some) on 10:12 - Feb 25 by exiled_dictator

Well, there are two statistics that we should all take into consideration, neither of them concern us.

Everton have lost more times in the Premiership than us.
Spurs have conceded more times in the Premiership than us.

So regardless of what happens come the end of the season, you will have something to get over your Spurs & Everton friends.

That we get relegated, and have spent considerably more time outside the Premiership has absolutely nothing to do with things. Just look at the facts.

I don't know what league table you're working off but Everton have only lost five games this season while we've lost 14 and Tottenham have conceded 30 compared to our 43.
The Positives (There are some) on 11:13 - Feb 25 with 3248 viewsexiled_dictator

The Positives (There are some) on 10:37 - Feb 25 by Northernr

I don't know what league table you're working off but Everton have only lost five games this season while we've lost 14 and Tottenham have conceded 30 compared to our 43.

Not referring to this season, rather the Premiership as a whole since it started.
We have lost fewer games than Everton, and conceded fewer goals.

Even though we weren't in the same league ........

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

The Positives (There are some) on 12:25 - Feb 25 with 3209 viewseastside_r

I'm not dead. I think that's a positive.
The Positives (There are some) on 12:54 - Feb 25 with 3185 viewssmegma

The Positives (There are some) on 11:13 - Feb 25 by exiled_dictator

Not referring to this season, rather the Premiership as a whole since it started.
We have lost fewer games than Everton, and conceded fewer goals.

Even though we weren't in the same league ........

On that basis you'll probably find Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal have all lost more games and conceded more goals seeing as they've been in the PL for 20 years while we've only been here for 6 seasons.

Admit it, you made it up.
The Positives (There are some) on 13:25 - Feb 25 with 3151 viewsTheBlob

Iceland stock Gregg's Sausage Rolls.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Positives (There are some) on 13:33 - Feb 25 with 3135 viewsToast_R

The Positives (There are some) on 13:25 - Feb 25 by TheBlob

Iceland stock Gregg's Sausage Rolls.

That's older news then Mark Hughes.

But they also do Gregg's Steak Bake too.

Lidls are doing a mean deal on Fiery chicken Fray Bentos's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024