Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any fans who live in Baku? 23:29 - Jun 18 with 3403 viewscjc

Going to live there for a while and wanted to know if there are any fans who meet up?

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Any fans who live in Baku? on 23:44 - Jun 18 with 3386 viewsTacticalR

Can't really help you there, but last month there was a good report from World Service Business Daily on the contradictions of Azerbaijan's development (about 15 minutes long):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017pzdl

Air hostess clique

Any fans who live in Baku? on 07:00 - Jun 19 with 3318 viewscjc

Any fans who live in Baku? on 23:44 - Jun 18 by TacticalR

Can't really help you there, but last month there was a good report from World Service Business Daily on the contradictions of Azerbaijan's development (about 15 minutes long):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017pzdl

Very interesting but there is a corrupción everywhere, especially when it comes to oil, from George Bush to Saddam Hussein.
Nothing new in all of this.
Strategically Azerbaijan plays a good game in the región between Russia, Turkey and U.S investment and although corrupt for sure, it has an exciting future in my humble opinión.

Any fans who live in Baku? on 08:48 - Jun 19 with 3258 views18StoneOfHoop

Don't know of any current Baku residents but there's a certain vicious megalomaniac wee pockmarked geezer who enjoyed a rather exciting past there:
Josef Vissarionovich Djugashvili aka 'Soso' or 'Stalin'.

cjc,it's well worth reading Simon Sebag Montefiore's 2007 history book 'Young Stalin' as background ; plenty of stuff about Stalin's revolutionary and criminal activities in Baku there.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Any fans who live in Baku? on 14:11 - Jun 19 with 3153 viewscjc

Any fans who live in Baku? on 08:48 - Jun 19 by 18StoneOfHoop

Don't know of any current Baku residents but there's a certain vicious megalomaniac wee pockmarked geezer who enjoyed a rather exciting past there:
Josef Vissarionovich Djugashvili aka 'Soso' or 'Stalin'.

cjc,it's well worth reading Simon Sebag Montefiore's 2007 history book 'Young Stalin' as background ; plenty of stuff about Stalin's revolutionary and criminal activities in Baku there.

Many thanks for the book suggestion, will look it up on Amazon.

Never heard of the fella but I´m sure he was just a bit of a rascal.

Any fans who live in Baku? on 14:44 - Jun 19 with 3119 viewsSonofNorfolt

Any fans who live in Baku? on 14:11 - Jun 19 by cjc

Many thanks for the book suggestion, will look it up on Amazon.

Never heard of the fella but I´m sure he was just a bit of a rascal.

I've been once, and there are worse places.
Loads of ex-pat bars, including the London Wine Lodge & Caledonian Tavern that don't seem to shut.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024