Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confed Final 23:08 - Jun 30 with 5470 viewscjc

Do we, do we really have a player who wins it.

Count the minutes how long it will last, for now I wish Cesar the very best.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Confed Final on 23:30 - Jun 30 with 4296 viewsKiwi76

Bloody horrible game with Brazil keener on getting someone sent off than actually playing.
Good aggressive crowd though and Spain not responding well.
Confed Final on 23:38 - Jun 30 with 4269 viewscalders

Was thinking the same, hard to get my head around the fact we had a player from little old qpr involved.
Confed Final on 23:43 - Jun 30 with 4255 viewseastside_r

Feck me. How did Sideshow Nob keep that out!
Confed Final on 23:49 - Jun 30 with 4243 viewsTacticalR

Great goal from Neymar, and great pass from Oscar (the man Derry snuffed out at Stamford Bridge).

Air hostess clique

Confed Final on 23:50 - Jun 30 with 4239 viewsHollowayRanger

Confed Final on 23:43 - Jun 30 by eastside_r

Feck me. How did Sideshow Nob keep that out!

Dont knock it if its helps give ceaser another clean sheet!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Confed Final on 00:07 - Jul 1 with 4214 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Good goal, ugly game.

Three nil. The King is dead long live the King

It's got to be Yarg

Confed Final on 00:15 - Jul 1 with 4197 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

That was awful. Well done Cesar

It's got to be Yarg

Confed Final on 00:16 - Jul 1 with 4196 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Confed Final on 00:19 - Jul 1 with 4186 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Confed Final on 00:16 - Jul 1 by HollowayRanger

I'm so out of touch. Has he gone to arsenal yet?

It's got to be Yarg

Confed Final on 00:54 - Jul 1 with 4137 viewsHollowayRanger

Confed Final on 00:19 - Jul 1 by Cornish_oooRRRR

I'm so out of touch. Has he gone to arsenal yet?

nope we can still claim the captain of brazil is a QPR man

Listen to the band play!

Confed Final on 06:15 - Jul 1 with 4065 viewsexiled_dictator

Confed Final on 00:54 - Jul 1 by HollowayRanger

nope we can still claim the captain of brazil is a QPR man

Really?
I thought that Thiago Silva was their captain?
Certainly, it was him who picked up the cup.

Anyways, it just goes to show you that even an average keeper (according to many posters on here) can look good behind a strong solid defence. A good keeper will make the difference, but an impregnable defence will make his life easier.
I have never rated Casillas at all, he just looks very ordinary, nothing special, yet standing behind the Real of Spanish defence meant most of his job had actually been done for him. But test him with a strong attacking opponent, or a weak defence in front of him, and his shine starts to wear off pretty quickly.

Julio Cesar's performances were good enough to keep him behind a very strong defence that made him look very good. He played well throughout the tournament as well, and this can only be good for us from a selling purpose. I hear that there are now really only 2 clubs in for him; Arsenal & Roma. Does he want to keep his family here, or go back to Italy? I am also pretty sure that he will not earn any more at either club, but will shine behind a decent defence. All that is needed is for Arsene to put his hand into his deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets, and buy a decent defence to make Cesar look very good.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Confed Final on 07:55 - Jul 1 with 4005 viewsTacticalR

Because it was against Spain he didn't have to deal with so many high crosses. It was a high ball into the box from Holland that did for him in 2010.

Air hostess clique

Confed Final on 08:36 - Jul 1 with 3955 viewstraininvain

Confed Final on 06:15 - Jul 1 by exiled_dictator

Really?
I thought that Thiago Silva was their captain?
Certainly, it was him who picked up the cup.

Anyways, it just goes to show you that even an average keeper (according to many posters on here) can look good behind a strong solid defence. A good keeper will make the difference, but an impregnable defence will make his life easier.
I have never rated Casillas at all, he just looks very ordinary, nothing special, yet standing behind the Real of Spanish defence meant most of his job had actually been done for him. But test him with a strong attacking opponent, or a weak defence in front of him, and his shine starts to wear off pretty quickly.

Julio Cesar's performances were good enough to keep him behind a very strong defence that made him look very good. He played well throughout the tournament as well, and this can only be good for us from a selling purpose. I hear that there are now really only 2 clubs in for him; Arsenal & Roma. Does he want to keep his family here, or go back to Italy? I am also pretty sure that he will not earn any more at either club, but will shine behind a decent defence. All that is needed is for Arsene to put his hand into his deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets, and buy a decent defence to make Cesar look very good.

Never rated Casillas? Seriously?

He's won everything in the game and has 148 senior caps for his country.

I'm not buying the carried by a great defence theory. Pique has shown time and time again that he's a liability. Casillas has produced performances at major tournaments which have saved Spain on numerous occasions.

Also, Spain have the likes of Valdes, Reina and De Gea in reserve. Surely if Casillas wasn't up to it he'd have been dropped by now?
Confed Final on 10:40 - Jul 1 with 3868 viewseastside_r

DP 12 hours later!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Confed Final on 11:24 - Jul 1 with 3820 viewsTHEBUSH

Confed Final on 23:30 - Jun 30 by Kiwi76

Bloody horrible game with Brazil keener on getting someone sent off than actually playing.
Good aggressive crowd though and Spain not responding well.

I really enjoyed the game, plenty of individual battles going on.
Brazil showed how to contain, Iniesta and co, didn't give them time on the ball, for Spain to play their natural game.
Brazil had plenty of skill as well and showed how to battle and work hard, an example of how to play the modern game.
Confed Final on 12:19 - Jul 1 with 3794 viewsQPunkR

Confed Final on 08:36 - Jul 1 by traininvain

Never rated Casillas? Seriously?

He's won everything in the game and has 148 senior caps for his country.

I'm not buying the carried by a great defence theory. Pique has shown time and time again that he's a liability. Casillas has produced performances at major tournaments which have saved Spain on numerous occasions.

Also, Spain have the likes of Valdes, Reina and De Gea in reserve. Surely if Casillas wasn't up to it he'd have been dropped by now?

^this^

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest San Iker is not one of the best keepers of his generation...at the very least! Absolutely class goalkeeper, and still has a good few years ahead of him

QPR - "shit but local"

Confed Final on 12:26 - Jul 1 with 3785 viewsbaz_qpr

Confed Final on 11:24 - Jul 1 by THEBUSH

I really enjoyed the game, plenty of individual battles going on.
Brazil showed how to contain, Iniesta and co, didn't give them time on the ball, for Spain to play their natural game.
Brazil had plenty of skill as well and showed how to battle and work hard, an example of how to play the modern game.

I thought it was a cracking game, Brazil were enthralling, aggressive, skillful, pacy and direct, that is football I want to see, not tippy tappy pass it across the midfield 30 times at snails pace.
Confed Final on 12:47 - Jul 1 with 3766 viewsYorkRanger

The one thing that is certain is that he will never play for QPR again...
Confed Final on 12:54 - Jul 1 with 3750 viewsexiled_dictator

Confed Final on 12:19 - Jul 1 by QPunkR

^this^

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest San Iker is not one of the best keepers of his generation...at the very least! Absolutely class goalkeeper, and still has a good few years ahead of him

Sorry, but I just don't rate him, and don't understand all of you's getting all moist over him.
He is a decent enough keeper to keep for club & country, but I reckon he could have saved at least 2 of last night's goals; Neymar's was stoppable, and Fred's second was hit from miles away. Was he unsighted?
Just think he is an ok keeper as opposed to the best thing since sliced bread.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Confed Final on 12:54 - Jul 1 with 3750 viewsQPunkR

Gotta say, after 5 mins it was obvious to me that del Bosque would have to take off both Arbeloa and Xavi if Spain were going to get anything out of the game.
If I didn't already think Xavi was overrated I'd almost be tempted to feel sorry for him, the way that match passed him by. He was just so slow both on and off the ball, he was a complete passenger and should've been taken off and replaced with Javi Martínez I'd say. Brazil were just closing down the Spanish players the entire match, as soon as they got the ball they were pounced on.

QPR - "shit but local"

Confed Final on 12:59 - Jul 1 with 3739 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Im sorry but there is no way Xavi is overrated. He had a bad game yesterday, yes, but for many games i have seen him he has been unbelievable, a class player

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Confed Final on 13:01 - Jul 1 with 3735 viewsQPunkR

Confed Final on 12:59 - Jul 1 by RANGERS4EVER

Im sorry but there is no way Xavi is overrated. He had a bad game yesterday, yes, but for many games i have seen him he has been unbelievable, a class player

It's not just yesterday, it's just that's what the subject of the thread was about.
He's a metronome. Excellent at keeping possession, yes. But one of the world's best players? No chance.

Just a slightly taller Joe Allen!

QPR - "shit but local"

Confed Final on 14:01 - Jul 1 with 3704 viewstraininvain

Confed Final on 13:01 - Jul 1 by QPunkR

It's not just yesterday, it's just that's what the subject of the thread was about.
He's a metronome. Excellent at keeping possession, yes. But one of the world's best players? No chance.

Just a slightly taller Joe Allen!

Xavi is a fantastic player and he was one of the best in the world a couple of years ago. However, he's getting old and it's been apparent over the last year or so that he's struggling in big games.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Thiago replace him for club and country by next year's World Cup. And before anyone says Thiago's going to Man Utd, I'll believe it when I see it. I reckon he's posturing for more playing time at Barcelona.
Confed Final on 15:32 - Jul 1 with 3673 viewsQPunkR

Confed Final on 14:01 - Jul 1 by traininvain

Xavi is a fantastic player and he was one of the best in the world a couple of years ago. However, he's getting old and it's been apparent over the last year or so that he's struggling in big games.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Thiago replace him for club and country by next year's World Cup. And before anyone says Thiago's going to Man Utd, I'll believe it when I see it. I reckon he's posturing for more playing time at Barcelona.

Dunno, can't see Thiago moving to centre mid.
Fabregas though

QPR - "shit but local"

Confed Final on 16:19 - Jul 1 with 3648 viewsBrazilNutR

I am surprised to hear people saying that was a terrible game. I was actually really enthralled by it. Fast and full of incident. Spain lucky to not be down to 9 men after 20 minutes. A professional foul on the halfway line when someone is clean through and not a red, was a new one for me. I thought Brazil were really pumped up and chased everything..Spain couldn't get their game going. but almost equalized and were still well in it somehow at half time..
If that was an appalling match by some people's standards, i'm not sure I am watching the same game.
Julio Cesar played well, couple of good saves, and went the right way for the pen. He wants to stay in London, his family have made that clear...so I guess if he can he will go to Arsenal...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024