Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham Not QPR 08:05 - Jul 15 with 1940 viewsexiled_dictator

Fulham's new owner Shahid Khan has assured fans he will not make the same mistakes as west London rivals QPR.

Supporters at Craven Cottage have bragging rights following Rangers’ relegation to the Championship, after Tony Fernandes bought the Loftus Road club and went on a frivolous spending spree.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2363572/Fulhams-new-owner-Shah

Someone should tell Khan we have these two young up and coming strikers that could do wonders for them; Bobby Z & Andy J. Although it would be a huge wrench to let them go, I reckon around £10 million a piece would massage the pain away.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Fulham Not QPR on 08:14 - Jul 15 with 1922 viewsQPR_John

Of course the great thing for new owners of clubs similar to ours is that they can sit back and not spend and use our example to fend off any criticism

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Fulham Not QPR on 08:49 - Jul 15 with 1865 viewsNortholt_Rs

Fulham Not QPR on 08:14 - Jul 15 by QPR_John

Of course the great thing for new owners of clubs similar to ours is that they can sit back and not spend and use our example to fend off any criticism

This! We will be rolled out forever more as the classic this-is-not-the-way-to-do-it...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Fulham Not QPR on 09:41 - Jul 15 with 1791 viewsdaveB

Of course it was ok for Fulham to over spend for years to get into a position where they don't need to anymore. Talk is cheap we'll see what he delivers
Fulham Not QPR on 09:44 - Jul 15 with 1782 viewsMedwayR

The big advantage Khan has is that he's bought a settled, well-run, established Prem Lge club & doesn't need to do anything other than let them carry on as they have been. Fernandes never had that luxury.

Poll: Who’s better?

Fulham Not QPR on 09:49 - Jul 15 with 1771 viewsdaveB

it should be pointed out though that Khan doesn't actually mention QPR, that's the journalists spin on the story, the story could easily be about learning from Aston Villa
Fulham Not QPR on 10:06 - Jul 15 with 1743 viewsKonk

Fulham Not QPR on 09:49 - Jul 15 by daveB

it should be pointed out though that Khan doesn't actually mention QPR, that's the journalists spin on the story, the story could easily be about learning from Aston Villa

Exactly. I do love some journalists — he never mentions Fernandes or Rangers. Favourite headline so far was one of the papers reporting that Khan is heading to Costa Rica for “showdown” talks with Martin Jol, after Khan said he was hoping to fly out to our pre-season games to chat with Jol and see what he could do to help him out.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham Not QPR on 10:09 - Jul 15 with 1734 viewsJuzzie

Fulham Not QPR on 09:41 - Jul 15 by daveB

Of course it was ok for Fulham to over spend for years to get into a position where they don't need to anymore. Talk is cheap we'll see what he delivers

In the early noughties, in one summer alone Fulham spent nigh on the equivalent of £50m in todays money.
I don't recall the media/fans frenzy that we received when spending half that amount.

In order to become 'sustainable', they had to spend huge amounts which could only be achieved as MaF was happy to take the loss yet Fulham fans conviniently forget this.

And before Chicken gets his knickers in a twist, no, I'm not bitter (note to Chicken: not everything has a bitter twist to it, apart from maybe a G&T), just a remark on how the media and fans choose to portray & remember things.

History is written by the victors, and all that. Just so happens it all worked well. Had it all gone wrong as it did with us, and they were one game away from relgation in 2008 before pulling off an amazing escape in the final 3 games, maybe people wouldn't have been so kind about the £200m+ spent.

Fulham Not QPR on 10:15 - Jul 15 with 1722 viewsadhoc_qpr

Soton have just spent £12m on Wanyama, Norwich have spent £16m on two players this summer, Swansea have just spent £13m on Bony, Cardiff have spent £7m of Helenius and tried to sign Ince for £8m.

Fulham will probably also follow suit and splash the cash.

Give it a year or so and our spectacular little failure will be forgotten and the next financial meltdown story will take it's place though.

Hopefully in the lower profile of the Championship we can just get our house in order over the next 12 months, not get relegated and refresh our squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham Not QPR on 10:22 - Jul 15 with 1707 viewsrsonist

Even we never made a signing as bad as Steve Marlet for £13m.
Fulham Not QPR on 10:25 - Jul 15 with 1698 viewsAntti_Heinola

Spot on rsonist. This is a club that about 15 years ago spent £2.3m on a player when they were in League One! They are the archetypal spend big to get big club. Fortunately for them, Fayed picked decent managers (Sanchez apart) and the majority of their signings were good ones with good attitudes. When everyone got uppity about us signing Cesar, it felt to me no less than Fulham signing van der Sar.

Bare bones.

Fulham Not QPR on 10:26 - Jul 15 with 1696 viewstimcocking

As i said before, for me the main worry is that the new owner may try to remove the Micheal Jackson statue
Fulham Not QPR on 10:40 - Jul 15 with 1678 viewsKonk

Fulham Not QPR on 10:22 - Jul 15 by rsonist

Even we never made a signing as bad as Steve Marlet for £13m.

Steve “Two Bob” Marlet would have been an okay signing for about £4m. He had a decent CL record at Lyon, had become a French regular; he wasn’t sh it, he was just never a £10m+ player. Not sure we paid the full £13m as I think there were quite a few clauses related to appearances/goals/caps etc. And don’t worry, we got plenty of stick over him for years after he’d left.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham Not QPR on 13:10 - Jul 15 with 1608 viewskingo

Fulham Not QPR on 10:26 - Jul 15 by timcocking

As i said before, for me the main worry is that the new owner may try to remove the Micheal Jackson statue

I thought it was fitting that their new owner also owns another team called Jacksonville :)

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Fulham Not QPR on 16:16 - Jul 15 with 1495 viewsChicken

Fulham Not QPR on 13:10 - Jul 15 by kingo

I thought it was fitting that their new owner also owns another team called Jacksonville :)

We are the Jacksonsville Cottagers!
Fulham Not QPR on 16:33 - Jul 15 with 1469 viewsolderR

Fulham Not QPR on 16:16 - Jul 15 by Chicken

We are the Jacksonsville Cottagers!

You could be if the new owner has plans to move the team to Florida.

He's been talking to the other U.S. owners, perhaps they have plans to move the P.L. to America.

Saves having to build the game from the grass roots!
Fulham Not QPR on 16:39 - Jul 15 with 1442 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fulham Not QPR on 16:45 - Jul 15 with 1427 viewsdaveB

ha ha i knew i recognised him from somewhere
Fulham Not QPR on 16:46 - Jul 15 with 1425 viewsFDC

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024