Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 19:40 - Jan 25 with 1032 viewsdarthvader

Was it not working? as unless I missed something in the build up when Ings was trying to get the ball under control a couple of yards out, a blatant and in my only slightly bias veiw absolutely diliberate hand ball occoured .

Surely VAR should have looked at that one way or another ??
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 19:56]

keep the faith coyr

VAR on 19:55 - Jan 25 with 999 viewsIngskneeslide

Yep. Would like to see all the VAR enthusiasts on here defend today’s fiasco. If it was used properly we would likely have won 2-0. I blame Kevin Danso.
VAR on 20:05 - Jan 25 with 976 viewsWints76

Was working today so couldnt go but saw the BT goals programme. They were pretty sure it was a penalty, thought their goal was possibly a foul, and also questioned whether there was a foul in the build up to ours. I've not seen any of it yet though
VAR on 20:22 - Jan 25 with 948 viewsTimSaint

They didn't check for it because our team didn't crowd round the ref, push him, swear at him and point at him !!

Everyone seems to do this apart from us and clearly it is worth doing, as the odd booking is worth it for getting pens or goals disallowed.

Wolves got theirs by surrounding the ref and the likes of Liverpool are renowned for it !!

TimSaint

VAR on 20:33 - Jan 25 with 926 viewsdirk_doone

VAR on 20:22 - Jan 25 by TimSaint

They didn't check for it because our team didn't crowd round the ref, push him, swear at him and point at him !!

Everyone seems to do this apart from us and clearly it is worth doing, as the odd booking is worth it for getting pens or goals disallowed.

Wolves got theirs by surrounding the ref and the likes of Liverpool are renowned for it !!

There was also the lack of crowd pressure. If it had been a handball by one of our players at the Northam end, their fans would have made sure it was checked. That's one of the disadvantages we face through not having noisy fans behind a goal.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 20:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

VAR on 23:31 - Jan 25 with 788 views1teeminants

Definitely hand ball we were robbed of a penalty.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

VAR on 23:36 - Jan 25 with 779 viewsSaintsforeverj

VAR on 20:33 - Jan 25 by dirk_doone

There was also the lack of crowd pressure. If it had been a handball by one of our players at the Northam end, their fans would have made sure it was checked. That's one of the disadvantages we face through not having noisy fans behind a goal.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 20:34]

You have a point here. Had we surrounded the ref and the fans all shouted handball, it would have had to be checked. Definite handball. Ralph was complaining though so why was it not checked based on his complaint?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 23:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

VAR on 00:39 - Jan 26 with 727 viewsericofarabia

VAR on 23:31 - Jan 25 by 1teeminants

Definitely hand ball we were robbed of a penalty.

I think any review would have given handball against Danny as it also appeared to brush his arm .
Just like the Zaha / JWP ht incident, when they decided no action should be taken, they decided that Danso wasn't impeded in their build up. It wasn't intentional, but the majority of fouls aren't intentional, but an unfair advantage was gained, as I reckon Danso would have been in the right spot toblock the shot had he not been knocked over.

Also I thought there was a rule about if the ref accidently gets involved in the game, then a bounce up is given. On a Spurs breakaway from which they nearly scored, he body checked JWP in a manner that would have been a yellow if done by a player as JWP was about to close the spurs player which enabled him to play a decent pass unhindered.
VAR on 02:38 - Jan 26 with 703 viewsScoot

VAR was our best player in the first 16 games.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 08:21 - Jan 26 with 652 viewssaint22

And who was in charge of VAR yesterday............?
The one and only Jon Moss
VAR on 09:12 - Jan 26 with 605 viewsTimSaint

VAR on 08:21 - Jan 26 by saint22

And who was in charge of VAR yesterday............?
The one and only Jon Moss

Let's be honest here, we only have a muted appeal and even if it was reviewed, it wouldn't be given anyway. It was a definite hand ball, but we get nothing v Spurs.

Alderweirald had a blatant handball not given on New Year's Day and his hand was up above his shoulder.
Walker-Peters should have walked last season, for bringing down Armstrong when clean through. He only got a yellow. In the same game, Sissoko scraped his studs down the back of Redmond's leg and should have got red. Redmond reacted a bit, Sissoko put his head to Redmond's head and shoved him, so yes, a yellow to both will be fine.
I also remember Lamella putting one in with his had or arm at the Chapel End, a few seasons ago.

Hopefully we will get a few decisions in 10 days time !!

TimSaint

VAR on 09:26 - Jan 26 with 594 viewsDorsetIan

What’s happening now with VAR is that they know it’s been sh1t but will never admit it, so they are starting to row back on the most ‘extreme’ decisions informally.

But this is now just increasing the inconsistency and taking away the only argument in its favour - that it applies equally to everyone so the bigger teams aren’t favoured.

I was at Cov v Birmingham yesterday. 0-0 but great game. No VAR. Not missed. Should be scrapped until they can work it out properly.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR on 09:59 - Jan 26 with 555 viewsTidal

The Danso one was a bit strange, especially as him going down got in the way of a cb trying to get across to cover (Stephens?).

I think Ings controlled the ball with his arm before the Spurs defender did, so would have been surprised to see it given. should have been reviewed though. It seemed play carried on for a few minutes after the call- if the ball went out of play perhaps it would have been reviewed?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024