Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you having this one Red?.....😂 15:40 - Mar 5 with 593 viewsROTTWEILERS

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:45 - Mar 5 with 583 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

FFS

Was about to post a thread about this for you. . Here's the link to the Sky Sports story, sodding insane.....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11655871/fa-considering-shaun-harv

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:47 - Mar 5 with 580 viewsImperial

I really am in trouble with the wife. I dropped my wine glass reading this news. How can any organization be so stupid?
Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:50 - Mar 5 with 578 viewsROTTWEILERS

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:47 - Mar 5 by Imperial

I really am in trouble with the wife. I dropped my wine glass reading this news. How can any organization be so stupid?

If your wife were the FA, you'd get a steak dinner for that spillage👍
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 15:59]

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:58 - Mar 5 with 571 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

You could just see the EFL out of spite, appointing Karl Oyston as their new chief executive.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:58 - Mar 5 with 569 viewsImperial

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:50 - Mar 5 by ROTTWEILERS

If your wife were the FA, you'd get a steak dinner for that spillage👍
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 15:59]

True, unfortunately she has a brain cell or 2.

A and E here I come again.
Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 16:01 - Mar 5 with 560 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:58 - Mar 5 by Imperial

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 16:02 - Mar 5 with 558 viewsImperial

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 15:58 - Mar 5 by Imperial

Rotts I prefered the first version of your post
Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 16:29 - Mar 5 with 551 viewsspell_chekker

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 16:02 - Mar 5 by Imperial

Rotts I prefered the first version of your post

Is all this to do with flogging Wembley?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 09:27 - Mar 6 with 515 viewsspell_chekker

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 16:29 - Mar 5 by spell_chekker

Is all this to do with flogging Wembley?

We'll know about the 12 points today -

EFL clubs set for dramatic day ahead of board meeting
Blackpool, Charlton, Coventry and Bolton have outstanding issues set to be discussed by EFL board

The EFL is set for a dramatic day on Wednesday, with a number of crucial issues on the agenda at a board meeting.

It will all take place against the backdrop of the impending departure of chief executive Shaun Harvey, who is believed to be being considered by the FA to replace its departing CEO, Martin Glenn.

Below, Sky Sports News gives the lowdown on which clubs could see key matter resolved, and what punishments they may face at the hands of the EFL.

BLACKPOOL

The EFL is set to decide whether to deduct 12 points from Blackpool after receivers were appointed to run the club.

Previous owner Owen Oyston, as well as his daughter, have been replaced on the club's board by receivers following a court order, due to a debt owed by Oyston to his previous business partner Valeri Belokon.

Paul Cooper, one of the receivers on Blackpool's board, has confirmed there is interest in buying the club.

Blackpool could face a 12-point deduction due to the appointment of receivers - which would see them drop from 10th place in League One to the relegation zone - but Harvey has offered hope that it could be avoided.

Last month, he said: "We hope to find a solution that will deliver the stability that will benefit the club going forward."

CHARLTON

The EFL has confirmed it has been contacted by Charlton, whose owner Roland Duchatelet has 'demanded' they buy the club from him.

Duchatelet is looking to sell Charlton, and says buying the club was a "mistake".

As well as wanting the EFL to buy the Addicks, the Belgian businessman wants them to rent the stadium and training ground from him, too.

Duchatelet's 'demand' is unlikely to be accepted by the EFL, but will be discussed nonetheless.

COVENTRY

Coventry were asked by the EFL to provide an update on where they plan to play their matches next season, with their rent agreement with rugby union side Wasps to play at the Ricoh Arena set to expire at the end of the current campaign.

Sky Sports News understands Coventry provided the EFL with the requested update on Tuesday evening and that, while it will be discussed, no decision on the club's future will be made at Wednesday's board meeting.

The Sky Blues are understood to be optimistic of reaching a deal with Wasps, but face expulsion from the EFL if no agreement is reached before an extraordinary general meeting on April 25.

BOLTON

Bolton's home game against Millwall on Saturday is in doubt due to money owed by the club to stewards and Greater Manchester Police.

Bolton Council met on Tuesday to discuss the club's safety certificate, and found they were not satisfied that legal safety standards would be met.

The Trotters responded on Tuesday evening, saying: "The club has provided written assurances to Bolton Council that it will meet the legal conditions."

On Monday, Sky Sports News reported Bolton's staff were told not to come to the training ground after it was shut because no food was available.

OTHER CLUBS

Notts County are in financial difficulty after owner Alan Hardy's interior design business entered administration, and HMRC has issued a winding-up petition over unpaid bills.

The Magpies have accused HMRC of an "extremely aggressive approach". Hardy is willing to sell the club, and says two acceptable offers have been made.

Birmingham are expected to be deducted 12 points after breaching the EFL's Financial Fair Play rules, with a disciplinary commission hearing set to be held next week.

A previous hearing was cancelled last week after a member declared a conflict of interest. Birmingham could be the first club to be punished under the EFL's profitability and sustainability rules, which were introduced in 2016.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 10:25 - Mar 6 with 508 viewsspell_chekker

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 09:27 - Mar 6 by spell_chekker

We'll know about the 12 points today -

EFL clubs set for dramatic day ahead of board meeting
Blackpool, Charlton, Coventry and Bolton have outstanding issues set to be discussed by EFL board

The EFL is set for a dramatic day on Wednesday, with a number of crucial issues on the agenda at a board meeting.

It will all take place against the backdrop of the impending departure of chief executive Shaun Harvey, who is believed to be being considered by the FA to replace its departing CEO, Martin Glenn.

Below, Sky Sports News gives the lowdown on which clubs could see key matter resolved, and what punishments they may face at the hands of the EFL.

BLACKPOOL

The EFL is set to decide whether to deduct 12 points from Blackpool after receivers were appointed to run the club.

Previous owner Owen Oyston, as well as his daughter, have been replaced on the club's board by receivers following a court order, due to a debt owed by Oyston to his previous business partner Valeri Belokon.

Paul Cooper, one of the receivers on Blackpool's board, has confirmed there is interest in buying the club.

Blackpool could face a 12-point deduction due to the appointment of receivers - which would see them drop from 10th place in League One to the relegation zone - but Harvey has offered hope that it could be avoided.

Last month, he said: "We hope to find a solution that will deliver the stability that will benefit the club going forward."

CHARLTON

The EFL has confirmed it has been contacted by Charlton, whose owner Roland Duchatelet has 'demanded' they buy the club from him.

Duchatelet is looking to sell Charlton, and says buying the club was a "mistake".

As well as wanting the EFL to buy the Addicks, the Belgian businessman wants them to rent the stadium and training ground from him, too.

Duchatelet's 'demand' is unlikely to be accepted by the EFL, but will be discussed nonetheless.

COVENTRY

Coventry were asked by the EFL to provide an update on where they plan to play their matches next season, with their rent agreement with rugby union side Wasps to play at the Ricoh Arena set to expire at the end of the current campaign.

Sky Sports News understands Coventry provided the EFL with the requested update on Tuesday evening and that, while it will be discussed, no decision on the club's future will be made at Wednesday's board meeting.

The Sky Blues are understood to be optimistic of reaching a deal with Wasps, but face expulsion from the EFL if no agreement is reached before an extraordinary general meeting on April 25.

BOLTON

Bolton's home game against Millwall on Saturday is in doubt due to money owed by the club to stewards and Greater Manchester Police.

Bolton Council met on Tuesday to discuss the club's safety certificate, and found they were not satisfied that legal safety standards would be met.

The Trotters responded on Tuesday evening, saying: "The club has provided written assurances to Bolton Council that it will meet the legal conditions."

On Monday, Sky Sports News reported Bolton's staff were told not to come to the training ground after it was shut because no food was available.

OTHER CLUBS

Notts County are in financial difficulty after owner Alan Hardy's interior design business entered administration, and HMRC has issued a winding-up petition over unpaid bills.

The Magpies have accused HMRC of an "extremely aggressive approach". Hardy is willing to sell the club, and says two acceptable offers have been made.

Birmingham are expected to be deducted 12 points after breaching the EFL's Financial Fair Play rules, with a disciplinary commission hearing set to be held next week.

A previous hearing was cancelled last week after a member declared a conflict of interest. Birmingham could be the first club to be punished under the EFL's profitability and sustainability rules, which were introduced in 2016.

We'll be hearing something soon.

My guess is that it's too much of a hot potato for the EFL and we won't get a deduction. They'll duck it.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/efl-to-discuss-bl

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 10:41 - Mar 6 with 505 viewsROTTWEILERS

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 10:25 - Mar 6 by spell_chekker

We'll be hearing something soon.

My guess is that it's too much of a hot potato for the EFL and we won't get a deduction. They'll duck it.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/efl-to-discuss-bl

There's a small part of me that double-dares them to deduct the points.

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 13:20 - Mar 6 with 499 viewsspell_chekker

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 10:41 - Mar 6 by ROTTWEILERS

There's a small part of me that double-dares them to deduct the points.

That's right Rot.

They know a 12pt deduction is likely to be vigorously contested.

I don't think they'd want to risk the publicity nor the chance of losing.

They'll side step it.

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:19 - Mar 6 with 490 viewsROTTWEILERS

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 13:20 - Mar 6 by spell_chekker

That's right Rot.

They know a 12pt deduction is likely to be vigorously contested.

I don't think they'd want to risk the publicity nor the chance of losing.

They'll side step it.

Shaun Harvey pretending he's working TOIL when he's probably watching the One Show 🤡

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:25 - Mar 6 with 488 viewsspell_chekker

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:19 - Mar 6 by ROTTWEILERS

Shaun Harvey pretending he's working TOIL when he's probably watching the One Show 🤡

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:26 - Mar 6 with 486 viewsspell_chekker

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:25 - Mar 6 by spell_chekker

Does this mean there were too many items on the agenda for one day or that they are having difficulty reaching a consensus?

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:27 - Mar 6 with 484 viewsROTTWEILERS

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:26 - Mar 6 by spell_chekker

Does this mean there were too many items on the agenda for one day or that they are having difficulty reaching a consensus?

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:48 - Mar 6 with 481 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:27 - Mar 6 by ROTTWEILERS

Can, Grass,Road, Kick, Long

Still time to decide before the March cut off for a deduction this season.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/decision-on-12-po

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 20:42 - Mar 6 with 469 viewsLala

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 19:26 - Mar 6 by spell_chekker

I think they are still waiting to assess our situation in do we actually fit the criteria for a deduction.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 21:22 - Mar 6 with 464 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Here's the EFL statement

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-statement-board-update/

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 21:41 - Mar 6 with 460 viewsspell_chekker

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 21:22 - Mar 6 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Here's the EFL statement

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-statement-board-update/

"The EFL Board agreed to give the Club’s Board the opportunity to finalise its review of the Club’s current financial position before making a decision on whether the Club is to be regarded as being subject to an Insolvency Event"

How would you asses the club's financial position?

I'd hazard a guess at saying it's poor - not disastrous - as there's probably very little money in the bank (apart from what's been taken since the receiver took charge) while at the same time having no debt.

Then there's the matter of the inter company loans - from BFC to others in the Oyston group. I've no idea if those would come in to play but I wouldn't be surprised to see them written off.

Also, there were assurances from VB that he would cover (I don't think he meant give) anything until the sale of the club has taken place.

The likelyhood is that the only money the club will have is from ticket / season ticket sales (and other sundries) for the remainder of the season.

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 10:06 - Mar 7 with 444 viewsspell_chekker

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 21:41 - Mar 6 by spell_chekker

"The EFL Board agreed to give the Club’s Board the opportunity to finalise its review of the Club’s current financial position before making a decision on whether the Club is to be regarded as being subject to an Insolvency Event"

How would you asses the club's financial position?

I'd hazard a guess at saying it's poor - not disastrous - as there's probably very little money in the bank (apart from what's been taken since the receiver took charge) while at the same time having no debt.

Then there's the matter of the inter company loans - from BFC to others in the Oyston group. I've no idea if those would come in to play but I wouldn't be surprised to see them written off.

Also, there were assurances from VB that he would cover (I don't think he meant give) anything until the sale of the club has taken place.

The likelyhood is that the only money the club will have is from ticket / season ticket sales (and other sundries) for the remainder of the season.

I'd imagine we won't hear anything more for the next week or two while the board finalises its review

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 16:06 - Mar 7 with 434 viewsROTTWEILERS

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 10:06 - Mar 7 by spell_chekker

I'd imagine we won't hear anything more for the next week or two while the board finalises its review

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/07/efl-facing-turmoil-interim-chair

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 432 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Are you having this one Red?.....😂 on 16:06 - Mar 7 by ROTTWEILERS

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/07/efl-facing-turmoil-interim-chair

"Clubs are insisting on governance reform and want a far bigger say in commercial deals, the new Profitability and Sustainability rules and the distribution of money across the leagues.

Derby, Leeds, Aston Villa, Preston, Stoke, Middlesbrough and West Brom are the leading clubs demanding for change, though it is understood the 24 clubs in the Championship broadly share the same view".

Sounds like the Championship Clubs want a larger share of the money pie.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024