Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport County 08:01 - Apr 1 with 10453 viewsHullDale

Losing £50K per week... but still flying to away games. Mind blowing.

Stockport County on 08:05 - Apr 1 with 7453 viewsHullDale

These aged well..

Stockport County on 08:12 - Apr 1 with 7430 viewsjudd

As I posted elsewhere, the main business of the majority shareholder has significant borrowings in excess of their current assets, and is based on a plethora of businesses involved in student accommodation.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/zZTY3

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stockport County on 08:39 - Apr 1 with 7342 viewsDaleiLama

Stockport County on 08:12 - Apr 1 by judd

As I posted elsewhere, the main business of the majority shareholder has significant borrowings in excess of their current assets, and is based on a plethora of businesses involved in student accommodation.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/zZTY3

And he's expanding into Barcelona. Business rules 101 - don't try to run before you can walk. Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity. Another house of cards waiting for a strong wind?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stockport County on 08:55 - Apr 1 with 7306 viewskel

Stockport County on 08:39 - Apr 1 by DaleiLama

And he's expanding into Barcelona. Business rules 101 - don't try to run before you can walk. Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity. Another house of cards waiting for a strong wind?

And just like bury, their fans don’t care or have any concerns. Always short term thinking with those types. Oh well.
Stockport County on 08:56 - Apr 1 with 7305 viewsJames1980

Stockport County on 08:05 - Apr 1 by HullDale

These aged well..

So Tyler the spiteful ignoramus was saying 'have a look at what you could have won'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Stockport County on 08:56 - Apr 1 with 7305 viewsjudd

Stockport County on 08:55 - Apr 1 by kel

And just like bury, their fans don’t care or have any concerns. Always short term thinking with those types. Oh well.

Tyler knows best though, Kel.

Stockport County on 09:18 - Apr 1 with 7218 viewsScfc01

Stockport County on 08:55 - Apr 1 by kel

As a county fan, would like to put my thought on this..

When the guy took over everyone was very wary of getting into situations like we have done before with terrible owners however these concerns have been eased over time.

The financials obviously show significant losses however a few things to point out:
This was during covid so no matchday income

A lot of money has been spent on redeveloping the facility's like ground, training ground etc during the restrictions which has been neglected for decades

And importantly, the loses (bar the covid sports England loan) has been converted into equity by the owner.

The national League is a pain and I fully expect far less losses this year with the income and less money being spent on facilities.
Stockport County on 10:26 - Apr 1 with 7041 viewskel

Stockport County on 09:18 - Apr 1 by Scfc01

As a county fan, would like to put my thought on this..

When the guy took over everyone was very wary of getting into situations like we have done before with terrible owners however these concerns have been eased over time.

The financials obviously show significant losses however a few things to point out:
This was during covid so no matchday income

A lot of money has been spent on redeveloping the facility's like ground, training ground etc during the restrictions which has been neglected for decades

And importantly, the loses (bar the covid sports England loan) has been converted into equity by the owner.

The national League is a pain and I fully expect far less losses this year with the income and less money being spent on facilities.

Carrington has been neglected for decades?
Login to get fewer ads

Stockport County on 10:37 - Apr 1 with 7006 viewsjudd

Stockport County on 10:26 - Apr 1 by kel

Carrington has been neglected for decades?

I think it's the Sale Sharks training facility at Carrington, not the old Man City one.

Stockport County on 10:40 - Apr 1 with 6998 viewsScfc01

Stockport County on 10:37 - Apr 1 by judd

I think it's the Sale Sharks training facility at Carrington, not the old Man City one.

Yes it's the sale sharks building but the pitches were city's I believe. Building required upgrading
Stockport County on 10:43 - Apr 1 with 6987 viewsjudd

Stockport County on 10:40 - Apr 1 by Scfc01

Yes it's the sale sharks building but the pitches were city's I believe. Building required upgrading

They weren't when I used to go there. They were rugby pitches. Not beyond the wit of man to improve them, but I believe it is described as a championship training facility?

Stockport County on 11:02 - Apr 1 with 6920 viewsScfc01

Stockport County on 10:43 - Apr 1 by judd

They weren't when I used to go there. They were rugby pitches. Not beyond the wit of man to improve them, but I believe it is described as a championship training facility?

There are still rugby pitches where sale rugby(not sharks) use. It's all about confusing.

I think far more has been spent on stadium etc but just wanted to give some of context to the numbers.
Stockport County on 11:11 - Apr 1 with 6896 viewsjudd

Stockport County on 11:02 - Apr 1 by Scfc01

There are still rugby pitches where sale rugby(not sharks) use. It's all about confusing.

I think far more has been spent on stadium etc but just wanted to give some of context to the numbers.

Very much appreciated, but there are significant reasons why debt is converted into equity.

Hopefully Stockport County 2010 Ltd can be run sustainably using the current model for the sake of the fans.

Stockport County on 11:16 - Apr 1 with 6872 viewsScfc01

Stockport County on 11:11 - Apr 1 by judd

Very much appreciated, but there are significant reasons why debt is converted into equity.

Hopefully Stockport County 2010 Ltd can be run sustainably using the current model for the sake of the fans.

Yes I definitely think this is the aim even from the owner.
Stockport County on 15:58 - Apr 1 with 6435 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stockport County on 11:16 - Apr 1 by Scfc01

Yes I definitely think this is the aim even from the owner.

Early thoughts on that Andy Cannon fella you signed recently?
Stockport County on 16:43 - Apr 1 with 6300 viewsScfc01

Stockport County on 15:58 - Apr 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Early thoughts on that Andy Cannon fella you signed recently?

Weird one as our midfield 3 or Sarcevic, Collar and Crosedale are all in great form and wouldn't drop any of them.

That said, Cannon looked useful as a sub when he came on.
Stockport County on 17:10 - Apr 1 with 6215 viewsDaleiLama

Stockport County on 16:43 - Apr 1 by Scfc01

Weird one as our midfield 3 or Sarcevic, Collar and Crosedale are all in great form and wouldn't drop any of them.

That said, Cannon looked useful as a sub when he came on.

While you're on Scfc01, don't suppose you'd mind sharing this on the Stocky message board would you please? Every little helps!

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/keep-rochdale-afc-fan-owned/

Much obliged!

Stockport County on 17:33 - Apr 1 with 6157 viewsNorthernDale

Tyler_mcfc, are you still p*ssed off that we will not let Southall takeover the Dale to support his lifestyle.
Stockport County on 18:39 - Apr 1 with 5998 viewsJames1980

Stockport County on 17:33 - Apr 1 by NorthernDale

Tyler_mcfc, are you still p*ssed off that we will not let Southall takeover the Dale to support his lifestyle.

See this is what I don't get. Surely Jarvo can never been taken seriously as a broker for the buying/selling a sports club ever again.
After what he did it Charlton which sports fan in the name of every diety ever conceived, would want Southall anywhere near the club they support. Yet Jarvis acted as a broker in this deal.
Let's say Morton House had gained control and proceeded with Mr Southall's assistance to asset strip. Just imagine Alex attempting to broker any deals in the future.
'Aren't you the bloke that assisted the scumbags that ruined Rochdale in buying the club? Yeah thanks but no thanks'
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 19:27]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Stockport County on 10:46 - Apr 5 with 4865 viewsDaleiLama

Stockport losses small change compared to Project 92

Stockport County on 12:05 - Apr 5 with 4646 viewsEllDale

I wonder how long it will be before Peter Lim and/or the class of 92 become worried about mounting losses?
Were any of them actually in attendance at Spotland the other Tuesday or were they watching United?
Stockport County on 12:44 - Apr 5 with 4502 viewsboromat

Stockport County on 12:05 - Apr 5 by EllDale

I wonder how long it will be before Peter Lim and/or the class of 92 become worried about mounting losses?
Were any of them actually in attendance at Spotland the other Tuesday or were they watching United?

You can only hope for the fans that they don't get bored.

They're 'fast track' approach to get to the Championship I would say isn't working very well. With the amount they're spending they should have been promoted out of League 2 by now.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stockport County on 13:19 - Apr 5 with 4350 viewsDySporting

Chris Casper was at the game. Others I assume at United or Inter Miami
Stockport County on 13:36 - Apr 5 with 4299 viewsEllDale

I'm not sure if Chris Casper has any direct investment but is an employee.
Is he Director of Football or something like that?
Salford's grandiose scheme to move grounds and swap with Salford RLFC still seems to be going ahead.
Stockport County on 14:05 - Apr 5 with 4232 viewsboromat

Stockport County on 13:36 - Apr 5 by EllDale

I'm not sure if Chris Casper has any direct investment but is an employee.
Is he Director of Football or something like that?
Salford's grandiose scheme to move grounds and swap with Salford RLFC still seems to be going ahead.

It'll be interesting to see if it has any effect on attendances.

3242 was the highest so far this season in a stadium with a 5000+ capacity and they'd be moving to a 12000 capacity. Doesn't seem worth it quite yet?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 14:08]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024