Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Triallists 19:41 - Jul 12 with 18592 viewsdalestats

Theo Robinson and ecclestone confirmed as triallists.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Triallists on 08:12 - Jul 14 with 2682 views1907

Triallists on 06:29 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty

Fair point, it's not a bad gigg to be fair. I think it's the realisation that we still need plenty of work to shape the squad. Personally, I don't see any of the younger fringe players as being ready for the rigours of league one. They could have been phased in at the back end of last season if that was the case.

We have a decent starting eleven as it stands ( ignoring trialists) but that's about it. We also have a few injuries at present, Bunny, the Centre Half from Sheff Utd , Vincenti., obviously Holness,but I'm not sure if he would have been signed up anyway.

The fact we took Holness to Tenerife with us felt like a big backward step in the progress of the squad and if that's the level that Hills being forced to look at then it's no wonder he's p****d off. I would have rather seen BBM playing at Centre Half.....there I've said it now. I hope he quickly regains fitness and finds himself a Club at National League level, his cameo just prior to his injury confirmed what I already know, he was very slow and left his attacker for a free header on goal from the first corner he faced. His inclusion reminds me a bit of the film 'The Champ', with Hilly ( TJ) pushing him on to restore him to former glories ( wake up Champ), but it was always doomed to fail. Pass me a Hanky!

I was amazed no other Club came knocking for Hills services during the close season maybe that's affected his mood. In a recent interview he made a comment about wanting to go as high as he could with his managerial career and having ambition. It seems establishing Rochdale as a League One Club isn't sexy enough in the eyes of other Clubs on the look out for new managers so unless there is a real hunger throughout the Club to aim for the stars he could be here for the rest of his career, sorry about that Keith but it's looking like a life sentence
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 7:01]

What do you get out of taking swipes at Hill? Posts like yours wind me up no end. They reflect the thoughts of one person on here, not the majority of fans, yet are seen by staff within the club who feed these messages upwards. How about you leave it out for a change instead of trying to irritate the best manager we've ever had? Hill will be working his bollocks off FOR US and you've got the nerve to sit on here criticising him about something you know nothing about!

It really is no surprise that Hill gets frustrated with fans. Unbelievable.
Triallists on 08:23 - Jul 14 with 2656 viewsTalkingSutty

Triallists on 08:12 - Jul 14 by 1907

What do you get out of taking swipes at Hill? Posts like yours wind me up no end. They reflect the thoughts of one person on here, not the majority of fans, yet are seen by staff within the club who feed these messages upwards. How about you leave it out for a change instead of trying to irritate the best manager we've ever had? Hill will be working his bollocks off FOR US and you've got the nerve to sit on here criticising him about something you know nothing about!

Without getting into an argument will you do me a real big favour and show me where I am taking swipes out of Keith Hill? I agree with the overwhelming majority of his signings but don't fancy Holness, can I not comment on that? I can say how great Henderson and Donal are but don't dare to make comment on players who in my opinion are not good enough?

I state that he is worthy through his managerial skills of being head hunted by bigger Clubs, he's a great manager. How is that a swipe at him? The post is light hearted in parts and not abusive so come on educate me. Unfortunately I am unable to really rate every player who passes through the Club, there's nothing I can do about that. Unless you want me just to comment on the good and never mention any perceived weaknesses. I actually thought my post after the recent friendly at Fylde was vey positive, but there you go.

So in order not to upset the staff at the Club ONLY post positive things on the forum? People like you make me puke!!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 8:46]
Triallists on 08:48 - Jul 14 with 2598 viewsnordenblue

"Hill works his bollox off FOR US" really I could have sworn he's being very handsomely paid for doing such,it's hardly for the love of the club he does it for,he's also very quick to call the fans too if you give your memory a quick prick.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 9:23]
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:50 - Jul 14 with 2592 viewsfitzochris

It's also worth mentioning that this is a fans' forum and as such shouldn't be read/used by employees of the club.

We're quite good at self regulating on here and threads usually resolve themselves in the end.

I understand ire directed at the idiots who shout inane stuff at the games, however. It does my head in, too.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 9:15]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:20 - Jul 14 with 2538 viewsaleanddale

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:50 - Jul 14 by fitzochris

It's also worth mentioning that this is a fans' forum and as such shouldn't be read/used by employees of the club.

We're quite good at self regulating on here and threads usually resolve themselves in the end.

I understand ire directed at the idiots who shout inane stuff at the games, however. It does my head in, too.

Hilly has commented many times we are in a marriage.

He starts half the rows FFS... And we still hold hands most of the time.

Hilly will be devisive with his comments...

To a man I know of nobody who doesn't appreciate his skills in turning OUR club into a respectable and respected league 1 side.

How the fook he does it I have no idea I am just happy he does!!!

I recon we are itching to get started now! Roll on Saturday 6th August.

Up the Dale.
Triallists on 09:20 - Jul 14 with 2536 viewsTVOS1907

Nobody at the club should read this messageboard if it offends them so much. It is a FANS messageboard, after all.

TS's posts are always very balanced. He thinks Hill is THE best manager we've ever had (which he told me on Tuesday night), but that doesn't mean he can't question certain aspects of the team and the club.

Unfortunately, some people only see when posters write negative things and ignore everything positive they write.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Triallists on 09:22 - Jul 14 with 2531 viewsdingdangblue

Triallists on 23:42 - Jul 13 by TalkingSutty

Maybe he"s getting a bit weary of it all, keep juggling the balls. Sometimes the motivator needs motivating, it's not a good sign with the new season around the corner. One good quality signing will lighten his mood.

Personally I think that you are reading too much into his mood or tone in the interview (although I haven't seen it myself). Certainly the written version doesn't come across that way. Lets face it this is a guy who's ranted on local radio and press in the past after hearing a fan behind him shouting 'get it forward'! So its probably nothing! I'm sure Hill is fully aware of our pecking order when players are choosing clubs to not get too pissed off about it - he's mentioned it enough times in previous seasons.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:27 - Jul 14 with 2512 viewsTalkingSutty

The fact that I pay a lot of money to go and watch the games automatically gives me the right to comment on what I have witnessed. If those within the Football Club can't stomach that fact, I honestly don't give a flying fig, I could keep my money in my pocket stay away from games and never comment. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad but I try to refrain from being abusive.The majority of my posts are positive ones.
The fact I don't rate Holness will cause neither the player or Keith Hill to bat an eyelid, why should it??
I don't have to try to curry favour from Club employers/ manager/ Chairman/ Directors / tea lady etc by only posting things that they will agree with because it doesn't particularly bother me whether they like me or not. If they don't like what supporters are thinking ( I don't know if they do or they don't) then they shouldn't read the FANS FORUM, the clue is in the title!!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 9:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Triallists on 09:31 - Jul 14 with 2504 viewsTalkingSutty

Triallists on 09:22 - Jul 14 by dingdangblue

Personally I think that you are reading too much into his mood or tone in the interview (although I haven't seen it myself). Certainly the written version doesn't come across that way. Lets face it this is a guy who's ranted on local radio and press in the past after hearing a fan behind him shouting 'get it forward'! So its probably nothing! I'm sure Hill is fully aware of our pecking order when players are choosing clubs to not get too pissed off about it - he's mentioned it enough times in previous seasons.

I didn't have a go at Hilly about his demeanour, just came up with a couple of suggestions that MIGHT have been the reason for his downbeat look.He could have also been tired after a very busy day or maybe looked at Martin doing the interview and thought ' Bloody hell, here we go again'*

Joke , before somebody twists it the wrong way!!
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:47 - Jul 14 with 2462 viewsfitzochris

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:27 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty

The fact that I pay a lot of money to go and watch the games automatically gives me the right to comment on what I have witnessed. If those within the Football Club can't stomach that fact, I honestly don't give a flying fig, I could keep my money in my pocket stay away from games and never comment. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad but I try to refrain from being abusive.The majority of my posts are positive ones.
The fact I don't rate Holness will cause neither the player or Keith Hill to bat an eyelid, why should it??
I don't have to try to curry favour from Club employers/ manager/ Chairman/ Directors / tea lady etc by only posting things that they will agree with because it doesn't particularly bother me whether they like me or not. If they don't like what supporters are thinking ( I don't know if they do or they don't) then they shouldn't read the FANS FORUM, the clue is in the title!!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 9:42]

I agree with you. My comment about people shouting at games was aimed at the abusive types, which I know you are not.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Triallists on 10:02 - Jul 14 with 2435 viewsalderleydale

What a stupid, idiotic and nonsensical post!!!
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:24 - Jul 14 with 2385 viewsdingdangblue

Agreed - although its natural that a lot do read it out of curiosity or vanity and it gets back to the players/manager. Remember the idiotic threads last season "time for Hill to go" or "Hill out". Its was obvious to regulars on here that it was a WUM but Hill started mentioning in interviews about a disconnection with fans or some fans not wanting him here anymore - these comments I put solely down to those threads.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Triallists on 10:27 - Jul 14 with 2374 viewsD_Alien

Triallists on 09:31 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty

I didn't have a go at Hilly about his demeanour, just came up with a couple of suggestions that MIGHT have been the reason for his downbeat look.He could have also been tired after a very busy day or maybe looked at Martin doing the interview and thought ' Bloody hell, here we go again'*

Joke , before somebody twists it the wrong way!!

Dunno about that being a joke - I'd have a sinking feeling too!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Triallists on 11:59 - Jul 14 with 2268 viewsstuartcryer

Triallists on 22:43 - Jul 13 by AtThePeake

It's worth noting that Alessandra wasn't with us for the final few months of the season and the rest (Eastham aside and I fully expect us to sign another centre back), were hardly first team regulars in the final few months of the season.

I think Hilly might be more keen to use the likes of Tanser and Hooper more often in the matchday 16. It's all well and good saying there's money in the budget to spend but if we don't need to, then why bother; what's the point in replacing Reuben for example? As far as I remember, he didn't even make the bench from around February onwards, so why pay someone to sit in the stands?

we have by taking the same player back or has keith given him kick up the arse he needs

wardle blue

Triallists on 19:04 - Jul 20 with 1813 viewsleedsdale

Speaking of trialists, Dave Syers is on trial with Guiseley
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024