Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum announced 14:10 - Jul 15 with 7599 views_dezzy

Thurs 28th july 7pm

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fans-forum-announced-3187565.a

KHBA

Fans forum announced on 06:32 - Jul 17 with 1966 viewsBartRowou

Fans forum announced on 12:42 - Jul 16 by ChaffRAFC

My lad is starting pre-school with Newhey County in September and when I went to drop the forms in, coaches from Bury FC were there waiting to take a session so I asked my niece who is in year six at the same school whether there were ever any Rochdale coaches that came and she said that Rochdale never come. Occasionally they get free tickets but that's it.

Why does a school in the Rochdale area have more of a Bury FC presence than a Rochdale presence?

Bury have regularly been in at least one school in Middleton too. It's the old pincer movement - Stewie's obviously been studying his military history.

There used to be a thing where clubs wouldn't encroach on other clubs' territories when it comes to providing coaching for schools. However, if the local club can't get in, then schools are well within their rights to get others.

Oldham are very very good at looking after their own when it comes to coaching and dishing out the free tickets, so long as the school is willing to facilitate them.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fans forum announced on 08:17 - Jul 17 with 1927 viewsnordenblue

Fans forum announced on 09:51 - Jul 16 by TalkingSutty

Me being on any board just wouldn't work...I can argue with myself. Thanks for the comments but they only echo what all my Dale supporting colleagues already say, including yourself. Dale fans are a down to earth bunch who call a spade a spade and commonsense is always in abundance.

What I am trying to say is we don't have to go down the road of creating a rift between those who make the decisions at the Club and the fans. There aren't enough of us to fall out and there's no doubt all parties want what's best for the Club.If targeting the kids doesn't produce the numbers we hope for then let's get a plan B and C in place for the following 2 seasons. What's the reason people have turned their back on the Club and no longer attend games?....it's got to be the price because the Football in generals been bloody great for years.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 9:53]

Some good points again TS,the one major problem is the number of fans sufficiently pissed off after plan A that when plans B and C comes into place they've totally lost interest and got out of the habit so won't return anyway.

I agree with all the planning for the future and the current decent offer for the kids tickets, but you also need to look after the present too.Personally I think it's a massive own goal.
Fans forum announced on 10:39 - Jul 17 with 1829 views1mark1

Fans forum announced on 08:17 - Jul 17 by nordenblue

Some good points again TS,the one major problem is the number of fans sufficiently pissed off after plan A that when plans B and C comes into place they've totally lost interest and got out of the habit so won't return anyway.

I agree with all the planning for the future and the current decent offer for the kids tickets, but you also need to look after the present too.Personally I think it's a massive own goal.

The club made their decision to aim for youngsters and their parents/ carers , rather than the likes of me. In my opinion they could have aimed at both, but the club made their decision and it will hopefully work, if not then they only have themselves to blame. They even stitched up their own ST loyalists, by an inflation busting increase. Sad to see that happening.

Simple fact of the matter, many people in the town and surrounding areas even when in work can't afford the cost of attending games on a regular occasion, because this is a very low wage economy. The club are not, and in the past have not addressed this issue, enough, but again that's their decision.

When the club finally start trying to attract the missing hundreds/thousands back, it may well be to late, as many of us might have got out of the habit of going to a match on more than a odd game or even at all.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Fans forum announced on 10:51 - Jul 17 with 1813 viewsroccydaleian

Fans forum announced on 10:39 - Jul 17 by 1mark1

The club made their decision to aim for youngsters and their parents/ carers , rather than the likes of me. In my opinion they could have aimed at both, but the club made their decision and it will hopefully work, if not then they only have themselves to blame. They even stitched up their own ST loyalists, by an inflation busting increase. Sad to see that happening.

Simple fact of the matter, many people in the town and surrounding areas even when in work can't afford the cost of attending games on a regular occasion, because this is a very low wage economy. The club are not, and in the past have not addressed this issue, enough, but again that's their decision.

When the club finally start trying to attract the missing hundreds/thousands back, it may well be to late, as many of us might have got out of the habit of going to a match on more than a odd game or even at all.

Can't argue with any of that tbf. Will you be going to the forum to ask some questions on this Mark?
Fans forum announced on 10:53 - Jul 17 with 1810 viewsnordenblue

Fans forum announced on 10:39 - Jul 17 by 1mark1

I'm exactly the same tbf,I never used to miss a home match and regularly travelled away too,admittedly my circumstances have changed slightly now with a young daughter but the "bug" just isn't there really anymore I think for a number of reasons.

Had they introduced a cheap season ticket I would without a doubt bought one and inturn be much more likely to attend the games I now currently don't bother with either,the club over the season would have been much better off financially doing this compared to what I actually spent last season just hand picking my games.
That's their choice just like not attending is mine it seems along with many others sadly feeling the same.
Fans forum announced on 11:07 - Jul 17 with 1796 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 10:51 - Jul 17 by roccydaleian

Can't argue with any of that tbf. Will you be going to the forum to ask some questions on this Mark?

To be fair Roccy, I don't think there is any point in asking a question on this issue. The pricing policy was made a couple of months ago and a explanation was given then that the intention was to target the kids. Since them there has also been another announcement on Dale Player indicating good Ticket Sales.

The same with Hilly bringing Holness and RNL back to the Club, explanations have already been given irrespective of whether we all agree with it or not. The only direction a question and answer session can go regarding these type of subjects is either a repetition of what we already know or it degenerates into a verbal disagreement,which does nobody any good. I think it's best to see how it all pans out and hopefully the initiative will have proved worthwhile. If not,come up with a alternative plan of action.

When the supporters and Directors start taking lumps out of each other I think it quickly changes the dynamics of the Club and the rot can set in. It's a recipe for disaster. Nothing at all wrong in disagreeing with decisions and challenging the Directors but it's got be remembered that they make the decisions with the best intentions. Having given it much thought it makes sense to target different age ranges over a period of time rather than taking possibly a big financial hit and slashing prices* across the board. There are problems with the ST prices though, a lot of adults can't afford them and the young adults are the ones who I really feel sorry for.

* Take a look at the problems FC Halifax have encountered this Summer after slashing their Season Ticket Prices.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2016 11:35]
Fans forum announced on 11:33 - Jul 17 with 1766 viewsTVOS1907

Fans forum announced on 11:07 - Jul 17 by TalkingSutty

To be fair Roccy, I don't think there is any point in asking a question on this issue. The pricing policy was made a couple of months ago and a explanation was given then that the intention was to target the kids. Since them there has also been another announcement on Dale Player indicating good Ticket Sales.

The same with Hilly bringing Holness and RNL back to the Club, explanations have already been given irrespective of whether we all agree with it or not. The only direction a question and answer session can go regarding these type of subjects is either a repetition of what we already know or it degenerates into a verbal disagreement,which does nobody any good. I think it's best to see how it all pans out and hopefully the initiative will have proved worthwhile. If not,come up with a alternative plan of action.

When the supporters and Directors start taking lumps out of each other I think it quickly changes the dynamics of the Club and the rot can set in. It's a recipe for disaster. Nothing at all wrong in disagreeing with decisions and challenging the Directors but it's got be remembered that they make the decisions with the best intentions. Having given it much thought it makes sense to target different age ranges over a period of time rather than taking possibly a big financial hit and slashing prices* across the board. There are problems with the ST prices though, a lot of adults can't afford them and the young adults are the ones who I really feel sorry for.

* Take a look at the problems FC Halifax have encountered this Summer after slashing their Season Ticket Prices.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2016 11:35]

The questions haven't really been asked directly, face-to-face, without any censorship, though.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fans forum announced on 11:46 - Jul 17 with 1748 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 11:33 - Jul 17 by TVOS1907

The questions haven't really been asked directly, face-to-face, without any censorship, though.

I discussed the matter with one of the Directors and he reiterated what was said on Dale Player. I gave my views on the subject to him at the time and obviously we didn't agree with each other, which was fair enough. The ten quid admin fee on free tickets and devaluing of the adult ST by removing some of the tokens ( That's how I perceived it ) was also discussed but the decision was made and we've run with it.

Hopefully things work out, if not try again next season but maybe the Directors might look at liasing with Supporters a little bit more ( Not necessarily the Trust) and some middle ground can be found.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum announced on 11:48 - Jul 17 with 1745 views442Dale

Fans forum announced on 11:33 - Jul 17 by TVOS1907

Yeah, nothing wrong with asking for specifics around the results of decisions. No need for that to be seen as anything but a willingness by the club to liaise with supporters and make any necessary changes going forward.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans forum announced on 11:52 - Jul 17 with 1739 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 11:48 - Jul 17 by 442Dale

Yeah, nothing wrong with asking for specifics around the results of decisions. No need for that to be seen as anything but a willingness by the club to liaise with supporters and make any necessary changes going forward.

A breakdown of ST sales would be good, compared to the previous season.
Fans forum announced on 11:54 - Jul 17 with 1735 views442Dale

Fans forum announced on 11:46 - Jul 17 by TalkingSutty

I discussed the matter with one of the Directors and he reiterated what was said on Dale Player. I gave my views on the subject to him at the time and obviously we didn't agree with each other, which was fair enough. The ten quid admin fee on free tickets and devaluing of the adult ST by removing some of the tokens ( That's how I perceived it ) was also discussed but the decision was made and we've run with it.

Hopefully things work out, if not try again next season but maybe the Directors might look at liasing with Supporters a little bit more ( Not necessarily the Trust) and some middle ground can be found.

Your last paragraph is spot on.

Fans forum announced on 11:57 - Jul 17 with 1731 viewsTVOS1907

Fans forum announced on 11:46 - Jul 17 by TalkingSutty

But other fans haven't had the same opportunity. The forum seems a good time to address that.

Fans forum announced on 12:01 - Jul 17 with 1725 views1mark1

Fans forum announced on 10:51 - Jul 17 by roccydaleian

Thanks. Not sure, if available but may well do, Roccy. I get the impression that the questions I might want to ask will get asked, but not sure that a proper answer will be given, and it could end up being quite nasty if people are not happy that they think they are being fobbed off.

To be honest though I would rather the room be full of the regular attendees, of which I am not one, though I fancy "having a look".

Fans forum announced on 12:13 - Jul 17 with 1712 viewsTVOS1907

Fans forum announced on 12:01 - Jul 17 by 1mark1

Thanks. Not sure, if available but may well do, Roccy. I get the impression that the questions I might want to ask will get asked, but not sure that a proper answer will be given, and it could end up being quite nasty if people are not happy that they think they are being fobbed off.

To be honest though I would rather the room be full of the regular attendees, of which I am not one, though I fancy "having a look".

Why do you want the room to be full of the "regular attendees"? It's open to all.

Fans forum announced on 12:17 - Jul 17 with 1702 views442Dale

Fans forum announced on 12:01 - Jul 17 by 1mark1

Not sure why it would get "nasty"! Simple question and answers. Yes, fans are passionate about their club, but there's nothing personal about making a point. As has been said time and again, it's all said with the best interests of the club at heart.

Fans forum announced on 12:20 - Jul 17 with 1643 views1mark1

Fans forum announced on 12:13 - Jul 17 by TVOS1907

Why do you want the room to be full of the "regular attendees"? It's open to all.

Just feel that regular Dale fans who attend most games , are the ones who deserve to be listened to most. If I do go I will let others ask the questions, unless any I might have don't get asked.

Fans forum announced on 12:26 - Jul 17 with 1638 views1mark1

Fans forum announced on 12:17 - Jul 17 by 442Dale

Not sure why it would get "nasty"! Simple question and answers. Yes, fans are passionate about their club, but there's nothing personal about making a point. As has been said time and again, it's all said with the best interests of the club at heart.

Yes nasty was the wrong word. Maybe a little heated, but it would do none of any good for that to happen.

The only real question worthwhile now, is whether or not the policy of the Club on ST and prices is working or going to work. Has there been enough of an uptake on £10 child tickets plus their carers to make up for any loss in others who have not took ip STs again. A lot will depend on how many of those who previously had STs will attend the majority of matches, and how many like me attend and how regularly, also how much we all spend when we are there in the Stadium.

Fans forum announced on 15:01 - Jul 17 with 1548 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 11:57 - Jul 17 by TVOS1907

But other fans haven't had the same opportunity. The forum seems a good time to address that.

Fair comment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024