Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out 21:07 - Feb 10 with 1436 viewsSaintNick

Last season our sell out crowd is about 31,150 ish as it was for the a couple of games and last game of the season against Liverpool.

Today it was 29,863, some 1,300 less than last season, granted that the away section was far from full, but I cant see where they would have got another 1,300 in, given that all the home areas were sold out and there werent that many seats empty in the corporate areas

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 21:11 - Feb 10 with 1414 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's strange but how many seats do the areas of netting take up? Block 1 is closed and there is also netting on the away end side of the barrier. Some empty seats in the away end too. How many corporate seats are there? Are less being sold in the championship? I also noticed a few empty seats in the Chapel towards the back of the stand. But why were they empty if the game was sold out?
[Post edited 10 Feb 21:15]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 21:20 - Feb 10 with 1393 viewsSaintNick

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 21:11 - Feb 10 by Southamptonfan

It's strange but how many seats do the areas of netting take up? Block 1 is closed and there is also netting on the away end side of the barrier. Some empty seats in the away end too. How many corporate seats are there? Are less being sold in the championship? I also noticed a few empty seats in the Chapel towards the back of the stand. But why were they empty if the game was sold out?
[Post edited 10 Feb 21:15]

The netting takes up the same space it did in the second half or so of the season after block 1 was shut

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 21:24 - Feb 10 with 1381 viewsfelly1

We've had games this season where the crowd has been over 30k but you can see loads of empty seats.
Today there was hardly any gaps apart from the away end.
Crowd looked bigger than 29k.
When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 21:26 - Feb 10 with 1362 viewsfelly1

Thought the atmosphere was great today.
Where we had a big chunk of the Northam I thought they were really noisy along with the Itchen North.
The singing was spreading all around the ground quite a few times today...good to hear.
When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 21:44 - Feb 10 with 1332 viewsdirk_doone

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 21:26 - Feb 10 by felly1

Thought the atmosphere was great today.
Where we had a big chunk of the Northam I thought they were really noisy along with the Itchen North.
The singing was spreading all around the ground quite a few times today...good to hear.

Having most of the Northam makes a difference to the atmosphere; having all of it as a home end would be even better. The fewer away fans, the better the atmosphere because instead of gawking at them all match, the fans get behind the team.

It's always been like that, from the Channon Testimonial to the Inter Milan game. The best atmosphere I've ever witnessed was at the Dell in 1977 for the Forest FA Cup replay, when there were no away fans at all behind either goal; just a few in the Upper West Stand.

[Post edited 10 Feb 21:52]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 22:25 - Feb 10 with 1239 viewssaintmark1976

As we have discussed and agreed previously Nick, the Club’s ticketing website is a complete mystery to most of us so it’s not surprising the attendance figures follow a similar pattern I suppose.

At times this morning the website showed tickets as being unavailable to purchase yet there were small groups of empty seats pretty much all around the ground just after kickoff. It’s almost as though the Club can’t be bothered to make an effort to obtain the maximum match day revenue.
When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 07:56 - Feb 11 with 1031 viewsTripleNiemi

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 22:25 - Feb 10 by saintmark1976

As we have discussed and agreed previously Nick, the Club’s ticketing website is a complete mystery to most of us so it’s not surprising the attendance figures follow a similar pattern I suppose.

At times this morning the website showed tickets as being unavailable to purchase yet there were small groups of empty seats pretty much all around the ground just after kickoff. It’s almost as though the Club can’t be bothered to make an effort to obtain the maximum match day revenue.

I was on the games ‘ticket / seat plan’ yesterday and all you could see seats wise was around a dozen or so with most being in the family area. When I went back an hour or so later, the seats (free / available) appear to then have moved to the Northam area.

Baffles me but then said no tickets available / sold out…..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 10:39 - Feb 11 with 933 viewsPatfromPoole

I don’t think I have seen so few away coaches on Britannia Road at a game for many a year.

Incredible day though.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 11:43 - Feb 11 with 854 viewsAvior

The whole ticketing system is a mess. Seems to really struggle with trying to avoid creating single seats, and then creates a load anyway. Often I choose 2 seats which are shown as available and then it says they are not available and allocates 2 which were not shown before! Ticket exchange also never seems to get switched on.
When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 12:46 - Feb 11 with 807 viewsdirk_doone

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 21:20 - Feb 10 by SaintNick

The netting takes up the same space it did in the second half or so of the season after block 1 was shut

What was the attendance at the Matt Le Tissier Testimonial, where there were no away fans at all so no segregation was required?

I've just Googled it:

"A crowd of 31,904, the second biggest in Southampton's history, turned up at the St Mary's Stadium to honour Le Tissier."

PS There was a photo of the away section yesterday, and it looked like there were close to a thousand empty seats in it.

[Post edited 11 Feb 12:56]

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 13:23 - Feb 11 with 763 viewsBLEEDRED

Huddersfield only took 1472 tickets so no more than 1100 there
When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 13:33 - Feb 11 with 751 viewsdirk_doone

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 13:23 - Feb 11 by BLEEDRED

Huddersfield only took 1472 tickets so no more than 1100 there

When you count how many rows they extend over, those tarpaulins must be covering a few hundred more seats.
[Post edited 11 Feb 13:34]

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 15:51 - Feb 11 with 662 views1ASIN12

As others have said there were probably near on 1000 empty seats in the Huddersfield section so I guess that’s where the shortfall in attendance was.

The ground did look the fullest it’s been for a while though.

As for the ticket site , even for away games , seats keep becoming available when previously they weren’t .
When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 19:03 - Feb 11 with 588 viewsLondonSaint76

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 11:43 - Feb 11 by Avior

The whole ticketing system is a mess. Seems to really struggle with trying to avoid creating single seats, and then creates a load anyway. Often I choose 2 seats which are shown as available and then it says they are not available and allocates 2 which were not shown before! Ticket exchange also never seems to get switched on.

The Club have said that the Fujitsu ticketing computer system recommended to them by an ex-postmaster from Shirley who now works for the club is more than up to the job, the Fujitsu executives have assured them it is both robust and fit for purpose and that there are no hidden problems looming on the Horizon......

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 19:07 - Feb 11 with 579 viewsInTimeAddedOn

When Is A Sell Out Not A Sell Out on 19:03 - Feb 11 by LondonSaint76

The Club have said that the Fujitsu ticketing computer system recommended to them by an ex-postmaster from Shirley who now works for the club is more than up to the job, the Fujitsu executives have assured them it is both robust and fit for purpose and that there are no hidden problems looming on the Horizon......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024