Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Partington on twitter 12:52 - Jun 1 with 7583 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Updates on the Dale: Jimmy Bell interviewed in Saturday's Observer - top priority is securing Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro

Phil Edwards: part of the loan agreement with Stevenage was that he'd be allowed to join Dale permanently. Personal terms have been agreed

Ian Craney and Andy Proctor: Dale are interested, but terms/deal got to be right for the club as central midfield not top priority

Right-back out of contract at another club but offered new deal has agreed to join Dale - letting old club know 1st before we can name him

Michael Symes: will not be returning to Dale, though Coleman & Bell looking for a third striker to hopefully work with JLAA and Donnelly

Talks at advanced stage for centre half and a goalkeeper - neither with links to Accrington Stanley!

Bell defends transfer policy, insisting recruitment of ex-Accys will only occur if it strengthens Dale. Says not just looking at ex-Accys
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Richard Partington on twitter on 12:55 - Jun 1 with 5507 viewsDale92

Snap

This is the One, I've waited for

Richard Partington on twitter on 12:59 - Jun 1 with 5472 viewsolympicdale

I like how Bell keeps the fans updated with his interviews, leaving Coleman to get on with recruitment.

It's great to hear Symes not heading back, hope Edwards can improve on what we saw, saying that he wants a third striker to work with JLAA an Donnelly suggests we're still wanting to offload Grimes, interesting to see who we sign as a keeper.

Life is a game of fate.

Richard Partington on twitter on 13:16 - Jun 1 with 5416 viewssandylaner1

interesting and very encouraging
Richard Partington on twitter on 13:34 - Jun 1 with 5355 viewsReedy

Richard Partington on twitter on 13:16 - Jun 1 by sandylaner1

interesting and very encouraging

Very good news.

Agree with all of that.

Edwards is a very good defender, and takes a superb penalty.

Craney is good, but does have injury problems, if these are behind him, could be a superb signing.

Proctor is one of the best players I've ever seen live, like a young Gary Jones, but a better footballer, has a fantastic engine, great range of passing, and you can always rely on him to get chip in with a few goals every season.

Glad about Symes, wasn't good enough.

Agree with Bell about the transfer policy, they will cast the net far and wide, but if they do sign any former Accrington players, its not because there ex-stanley, its because they trust them, and they can improve the team.

Blog: The FA Cup

Richard Partington on twitter on 13:52 - Jun 1 with 5288 viewsfitzochris

Are we to assume the centre half in question is this Ryan Edwards chap from Blackburn?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Richard Partington on twitter on 13:55 - Jun 1 with 5287 viewsChaffRAFC

Right back, out of contract at current club, offered a new deal but going to reject it to join us?

Only one I can think of who may fit that bill is Peter Cavanagh. He's out of contract this summer at Fleetwood Town but not yet been released so maybe offered a new deal. Obviously has massive history with Coleman. Was banned for ages for that betting scam.

Goalkeeper with no Accy links?

Unless it's a loan, I've looked down the released list and the names that jump out are Rob Burch, Iain Turner, Stuart Nelson and Ben Smith. All decent keepers.

Centre back with no Accy links?

This must surely be the Blackburn lad, Ryan Edwards on loan?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:11 - Jun 1 with 5224 viewsfitzochris

Richard Partington on twitter on 13:55 - Jun 1 by ChaffRAFC

Right back, out of contract at current club, offered a new deal but going to reject it to join us?

Only one I can think of who may fit that bill is Peter Cavanagh. He's out of contract this summer at Fleetwood Town but not yet been released so maybe offered a new deal. Obviously has massive history with Coleman. Was banned for ages for that betting scam.

Unless it's a loan, I've looked down the released list and the names that jump out are Rob Burch, Iain Turner, Stuart Nelson and Ben Smith. All decent keepers.

Iain Turner, the Scottish lad that was at Chester a few years back? Aye, he's good.

Cavanagh worries me, though.

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:21 - Jun 1 with 5184 viewsrafcjosh

Am I the only person who doesn't see why we've signed Phil Edwards? He was fooking awful last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:22 - Jun 1 with 5181 viewsChaffRAFC

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:11 - Jun 1 by fitzochris

Iain Turner, the Scottish lad that was at Chester a few years back? Aye, he's good.

Cavanagh worries me, though.

Yeah he is Scottish, ex Everton and just been released by Preston. My money is on him.

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:24 - Jun 1 with 5172 viewsChaffRAFC

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:21 - Jun 1 by rafcjosh

Am I the only person who doesn't see why we've signed Phil Edwards? He was fooking awful last season.

To be fair Josh, he only played three games before being injured. I'd trust Coleman with that one.

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:24 - Jun 1 with 5167 viewsfitzochris

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:22 - Jun 1 by ChaffRAFC

Yeah he is Scottish, ex Everton and just been released by Preston. My money is on him.

Would be pleased with that. He's a good keeper - and it would be nice to have one that was ours for a change.

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:31 - Jun 1 with 5140 viewsrafcjosh

He was shite though. Im sure Coleman will get us out of this league though with the players who couldn't do it at Accy....
Richard Partington on twitter on 14:38 - Jun 1 with 5100 viewsolympicdale

Richard Partington on twitter on 13:55 - Jun 1 by ChaffRAFC

I would have signed Rob Burch years ago, think he's a class keeper, hope its him personally.

Life is a game of fate.

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:40 - Jun 1 with 5099 viewsChaffRAFC

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:31 - Jun 1 by rafcjosh

He was shite though. Im sure Coleman will get us out of this league though with the players who couldn't do it at Accy....

His first appearance against Huddersfield was promising but his next two games weren't great.

We'll have to wait and see. I'll quite happily put my trust in JC to build a strong squad.

Richard Partington on twitter on 16:00 - Jun 1 with 4927 viewsRAFC_JS

Richard Partington on twitter on 14:38 - Jun 1 by olympicdale

I would have signed Rob Burch years ago, think he's a class keeper, hope its him personally.

Same here, thought he was class at lincoln but never really got a chance at county. He was the one of two keepers that caught my eye on the released list.
Richard Partington on twitter on 16:02 - Jun 1 with 4921 viewselectricblue

GK=lillis?
I hope so.....
Happy if Proctor signs..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Richard Partington on twitter on 16:06 - Jun 1 with 4905 viewsDALEYCADDERS

The RB might be Danny Coid as he was released by accy.
Richard Partington on twitter on 16:26 - Jun 1 with 4854 viewsColDale

might be being thick here, but what's Edwards' main position? Can't remember from his brief showings with us, and google just seems to mention "defender"
Richard Partington on twitter on 16:31 - Jun 1 with 4835 viewsheywooddale

Richard Partington on twitter on 16:26 - Jun 1 by ColDale

might be being thick here, but what's Edwards' main position? Can't remember from his brief showings with us, and google just seems to mention "defender"

Right back i think, but can also cover left and centre back
Richard Partington on twitter on 16:32 - Jun 1 with 4828 viewsmr_fri_night

Richard Partington on twitter on 16:26 - Jun 1 by ColDale

he's a central defender. RB isnt his main role which is what he played in the games at Spotland. At Hudds i thought he played well in the centre.
Richard Partington on twitter on 16:52 - Jun 1 with 4771 viewsrochedale

Richard Partington on twitter on 16:31 - Jun 1 by heywooddale

Right back i think, but can also cover left and centre back

That narrows it down a bit.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Richard Partington on twitter on 17:10 - Jun 1 with 4717 viewsChaffRAFC

Richard Partington on twitter on 16:06 - Jun 1 by DALEYCADDERS

The RB might be Danny Coid as he was released by accy.

Mate of mine just text me with the same name but Coid was released by Accrington. The right back we're signing has been offered a new deal by his club but is going to rejected and he's to sign for us. Hence me thinking Cavanagh.

Would love it to be Danny Coid though.

Richard Partington on twitter on 17:14 - Jun 1 with 4693 viewsheywooddale

Richard Partington on twitter on 16:52 - Jun 1 by rochedale

That narrows it down a bit.

I didn't say sweeper or wing back,

it narrowed it down a little
Richard Partington on twitter on 17:23 - Jun 1 with 4658 viewsColDale

Richard Partington on twitter on 17:10 - Jun 1 by ChaffRAFC

Mate of mine just text me with the same name but Coid was released by Accrington. The right back we're signing has been offered a new deal by his club but is going to rejected and he's to sign for us. Hence me thinking Cavanagh.

If the centre half and keeper don't have an Accy link, I'd say it was safe to assume that the right back does have an Accy link. I reckon it will be Peter Cavanagh. Be a bit weird having someone with the same name as my Dad playing for us.
Richard Partington on twitter on 17:23 - Jun 1 with 4658 viewsColDale

Richard Partington on twitter on 17:10 - Jun 1 by ChaffRAFC

If the centre half and keeper don't have an Accy link, I'd say it was safe to assume that the right back does have an Accy link. I reckon it will be Peter Cavanagh. Be a bit weird having someone with the same name as my Dad playing for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024