Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few funny moments from Rotheram 16:31 - Sep 21 with 2754 viewsBeefCurtain

I know it's a bit late but I've not had access to a computer since Tuesday.

When queing up to purchase a ticket there was a lad in front of me trying to claim he was under 16 (he looked about 30 and was at least 20). He was asked by the woman if he had an id 16 bus pass and this is how the conversation went:

Hoodlum: Eya mate narrrr I don't use da bus I walk to college...sh*t, I mean I walk to school..
Woman: Oh you go to collge do you? That'll be adult price please...£20 (or whatever it was)
Hoodlum: Narr oh for f*cks sake...

The second incident occured at half time when the same group of lads were drinking beer. A few of them somehow managed to blag getting in as 15 year olds and one in particular was approached by the stewards when they revealed they'd been watching him and knew he had a 'young persons' ticket and yet was drinking beer. One of the stewards then (wrongfully and completely unnecessarily IMO ) grabbed him and took him over to one side (insert 'Well that escalated rather quickly') where he conveniently couldn't find his ticket but produced a betting slip and uttered the words 'Eyar surely you have to be 18 to put a bet on so dat proooves am old enough to drink' (completely missing the point and producing the worst defence since Stockport away a few years ago which contained Boardman and McArdle). At that point the players were coming out so I went to take my seat absolutely p*ssing myself at the stupidity of some of Rochdale's 'yoof'.

I believe Tazzy was in their group but I fully expect him to have paid adult price for his ticket considering he is an upstanding member of society.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 16:43 - Sep 21 with 2711 viewsClivert

What ended up to the betting slip?
A few funny moments from Rotheram on 16:47 - Sep 21 with 2696 viewssweetcorn

Not entertained one bit.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 16:49 - Sep 21 with 2686 viewsBeefCurtain

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 16:47 - Sep 21 by sweetcorn

Not entertained one bit.

I'm not Tazzy..don't try to bully me

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 16:49 - Sep 21 with 2683 viewsBeefCurtain

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 16:43 - Sep 21 by Clivert

What ended up to the betting slip?

Hopefully it won and he missed the last train cashing it in..

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 17:13 - Sep 21 with 2627 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

which group of lads do you mean i entered the ground on my own after walk back from Millmoor I'm confused??

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 17:25 - Sep 21 with 2594 viewsjakrafc

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 16:49 - Sep 21 by BeefCurtain

Hopefully it won and he missed the last train cashing it in..

so you get named the 'rochdale yoof' for trying to get in cheaper, drinking beer and putting a bet on ???

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 17:31 - Sep 21 with 2574 viewsregjenkins

suppose you needed to have been there?

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 17:52 - Sep 21 with 2539 viewsRotherhamDale

Tough crowd.

It amused me anyway, cheers.

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 21:13 - Sep 21 with 2340 viewsShun

Made me chortle!
A few funny moments from Rotheram on 21:47 - Sep 21 with 2300 viewsleonardrafc

I cannot believe how much you have exaggerated this in order to get a cheap laugh.

"Eyaa mate narr I don't use da bus" Was you pissed when you wrote this???

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:09 - Sep 21 with 2269 viewsJumeirahDale

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 21:47 - Sep 21 by leonardrafc

I cannot believe how much you have exaggerated this in order to get a cheap laugh.

Thanks leonard.
A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:22 - Sep 21 with 2248 viewsBeefCurtain

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 17:25 - Sep 21 by jakrafc

so you get named the 'rochdale yoof' for trying to get in cheaper, drinking beer and putting a bet on ???

No, 'yoof' refers to the younger supporters...'youth' are the holligans. Which would you like to be associated with my young friend?

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:22 - Sep 21 with 2242 viewsBeefCurtain

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 17:13 - Sep 21 by DaleAwaydayBot

which group of lads do you mean i entered the ground on my own after walk back from Millmoor I'm confused??

Just a group Taz, you were stood with them..the lad in question had glasses on if that helps...don't know who he was

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:23 - Sep 21 with 2238 viewsBeefCurtain

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 17:31 - Sep 21 by regjenkins

suppose you needed to have been there?

It's a good job you're a Rochdale legend or I'd strike you down, sir

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:26 - Sep 21 with 2228 viewsBeefCurtain

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 21:47 - Sep 21 by leonardrafc

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

If you tilt your head back and look up you'll see this thread flying over your head

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:34 - Sep 21 with 2210 viewsboffley

Perhaps he means the lads you were with at half time near to the bar under the stand
A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:34 - Sep 21 with 2210 viewsboffley

Sorry double post
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:35 - Sep 21 with 2202 viewsleonardrafc

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:26 - Sep 21 by BeefCurtain

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

If you tilt your head back and look up you'll see this thread flying over your head

I fail too see why you went to the trouble of changing what I actually said when you had no intention of it being taken 'literally'.

And then to describe me as a hoodlum? Please explain that one?

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:55 - Sep 21 with 2176 viewsBeefCurtain

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:34 - Sep 21 by boffley

Perhaps he means the lads you were with at half time near to the bar under the stand

Yes that's correct

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 23:06 - Sep 21 with 2156 viewsBeefCurtain

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 22:35 - Sep 21 by leonardrafc

I fail too see why you went to the trouble of changing what I actually said when you had no intention of it being taken 'literally'.

And then to describe me as a hoodlum? Please explain that one?

Surely if I wanted this to be taken 'literally' I'd have translated word by word rather than add a few colloquialisms? I Ithink you need to read what you've written young man. However this thread contains no fabrication..just perhaps a few instances of exaggeration which were intended to add comedic effect (hyperbole if you didn't read it)

Ignore whatever definition Google gave you when you looked up hoodlum..have you ever heard of the phrase 'tongue in cheek?'

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 12:02 - Sep 22 with 2025 viewsDale_Pea

40 is quite young on here you know?

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 17:44 - Sep 22 with 1954 viewsTrue_blue

A few funny moments from Rotheram on 23:06 - Sep 21 by BeefCurtain

Surely if I wanted this to be taken 'literally' I'd have translated word by word rather than add a few colloquialisms? I Ithink you need to read what you've written young man. However this thread contains no fabrication..just perhaps a few instances of exaggeration which were intended to add comedic effect (hyperbole if you didn't read it)

Ignore whatever definition Google gave you when you looked up hoodlum..have you ever heard of the phrase 'tongue in cheek?'

Typical to post on here 'yoof' 'hoodlums' but never say nothing to their faces, keyboard warrior grow a pair! Making a thread about something do petty really shows how much of an interesting life you must lead
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024