Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New blood 12:25 - Jan 27 with 3964 viewsfitzochris

I think it's obvious Hilly will bring new players to the club this week, his resolve aided even more by the fact he got to see his current crop in competitive action on Friday.

Taylor is one realistic name mentioned, but, again, it is a centre half we need.

We may even lose a player or two this week, so that will dictate where we need to strengthen too.

I fully trust Hilly to have the necessary players in mind... But who do we think they are?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New blood on 12:43 - Jan 27 with 2546 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Jason Taylor would be a great signing, if JK stays i'd push Cav to right back, which would then give the option of playing Joe Raffety as a right wing option.

Not sure if Gareth Owen is fit or has a club yet, but I always thought he was decent.

Could Alan Goodhall be back for a third stint at LB?

I can see Curran and Georgeous being shipped out and a Dele (who seams to have had a very nice Christmas) type option being brought in, as well as a Danny Livesey/Kevin Long type loan signing at CB.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

New blood on 12:50 - Jan 27 with 2511 views442Dale

New blood on 12:43 - Jan 27 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Jason Taylor would be a great signing, if JK stays i'd push Cav to right back, which would then give the option of playing Joe Raffety as a right wing option.

Not sure if Gareth Owen is fit or has a club yet, but I always thought he was decent.

Could Alan Goodhall be back for a third stint at LB?

I can see Curran and Georgeous being shipped out and a Dele (who seams to have had a very nice Christmas) type option being brought in, as well as a Danny Livesey/Kevin Long type loan signing at CB.

Goodall is a regular at Fleetwood now, not at all sure about Rafferty further forward on the wing either. Taylor would be an excellent signing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New blood on 12:52 - Jan 27 with 2499 viewsYadHoDale

A lot depends on whether anyone comes in with acceptable bids for any of our players.

I can see the following happening:
Someone (Scottish?) coming in for JK.
Jaybo coming in from Rovrum as replacement.
Ashley Grimes moving the other way - he's a very good player, but as when ALF moved, we have cover up front.
Joe Thompson returning as wide right player. One of Donnelly/Curran moving on - or possibly Dele.

As for centre backs - would have Holness back.
New blood on 12:54 - Jan 27 with 2483 viewsSaxonDale

Jason Taylor would be a good direct replacement for Cavanagh, but if Cav stays we can definitely utilise the wages better elsewhere, as Fitzo says starting at CB. Don't really know anything about available players, wouldn't be suprised to see Hill go in for Holness/Stanton though.
New blood on 13:01 - Jan 27 with 2468 views442Dale

New blood on 12:52 - Jan 27 by YadHoDale

A lot depends on whether anyone comes in with acceptable bids for any of our players.

Ashley Grimes moving the other way - he's a very good player, but as when ALF moved, we have cover up front.
Joe Thompson returning as wide right player. One of Donnelly/Curran moving on - or possibly Dele.

Kennedy might want to think twice about a move north. Today's Scottish game features Shefki Kuqi playing up front for Hibs. Meanwhile over at Firgrove more talented players ply their trade.

New blood on 13:22 - Jan 27 with 2420 viewselectricblue

Whats all this about ex players coming in...
Surely there are other players about....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New blood on 13:25 - Jan 27 with 2409 viewsfitzochris

New blood on 13:01 - Jan 27 by 442Dale

Kennedy might want to think twice about a move north. Today's Scottish game features Shefki Kuqi playing up front for Hibs. Meanwhile over at Firgrove more talented players ply their trade.

... And a player who couldn't catch at Northampton is a superstar up here.

The argument being, you can flourish in the SPL for a better wage than in L2.

The restructuring up here might make for a better competition too, as of next season, attracting more sponsorship, TV interest and, ergo, cash.

It's a big might, mind you.

The other way of looking at it is JK could sign for Hibs with the chance to get knocked out of the Europa League qualifiers by some Latvian no marks and to play in front of 60,000 just twice a season... The rest of the time playing in front of L2 standard crowds.

Pluses and minuses.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New blood on 13:37 - Jan 27 with 2381 viewsolympicdale

New blood on 12:52 - Jan 27 by YadHoDale

Holness, no thank you, Holness' problem was he needed someone experienced alongside him, bringing him into this side we'd have the same problem as last time, time for some leaders at the back.

I'm not convinced Taylor will be arriving, would love to see it as I think he epitimises Hill's philosophy.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

New blood on 13:44 - Jan 27 with 2353 viewsSaxonDale

New blood on 13:37 - Jan 27 by olympicdale

Holness, no thank you, Holness' problem was he needed someone experienced alongside him, bringing him into this side we'd have the same problem as last time, time for some leaders at the back.

I'm not convinced Taylor will be arriving, would love to see it as I think he epitimises Hill's philosophy.

Phil Edwards? Admittedly the centre half pairing would be too small but think you're being unfair on Holness, remember he played alongside both McArdle and Dawson-Neither of whom had vast amounts of experience.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
New blood on 13:53 - Jan 27 with 2332 viewsolympicdale

New blood on 13:44 - Jan 27 by SaxonDale

Phil Edwards? Admittedly the centre half pairing would be too small but think you're being unfair on Holness, remember he played alongside both McArdle and Dawson-Neither of whom had vast amounts of experience.

Dawson was older beyond his years though, he was an old head on young shoulders, Holness could certainly head a ball, into the main stand though I'll give him that, those in that stand would need to be wary should he return.

Life is a game of fate.

New blood on 14:00 - Jan 27 with 2306 views442Dale

New blood on 13:53 - Jan 27 by olympicdale

Dawson was older beyond his years though, he was an old head on young shoulders, Holness could certainly head a ball, into the main stand though I'll give him that, those in that stand would need to be wary should he return.

One of our most consistent players during a season where we finished in our highest ever league position.

New blood on 14:00 - Jan 27 with 2305 viewsSuddenLad

One of the criticisms aimed at Coleman was his persistence in signing ex-Accy players and he got a lot of stick for it.

Would KH get the same amount of stick by doing the same thing with ex-Dale players ?

I'm not sure, but any attempts to re-sign the likes of Holness, Stanton, Goodall or Joe Thompson would surely attract criticism.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New blood on 14:01 - Jan 27 with 2305 viewsSalwaDale

New blood on 14:00 - Jan 27 by SuddenLad

One of the criticisms aimed at Coleman was his persistence in signing ex-Accy players and he got a lot of stick for it.

Would KH get the same amount of stick by doing the same thing with ex-Dale players ?

I'm not sure, but any attempts to re-sign the likes of Holness, Stanton, Goodall or Joe Thompson would surely attract criticism.

No, because that would be players WE already know. That wasn't the case with Coleman at Dale (or Hill at t'Barnsley for that matter.)

TBBT

New blood on 14:09 - Jan 27 with 2272 viewsolympicdale

New blood on 14:00 - Jan 27 by 442Dale

One of our most consistent players during a season where we finished in our highest ever league position.

alongside Dawson yes, my point exactly, he was strong with him, but once Dawson left he was a shadow of the player, never took on the mantle of leader.

Life is a game of fate.

New blood on 14:28 - Jan 27 with 2226 viewsmikehunt

'Appen he could make a cheeky bid for Vaz Te.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

New blood on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 2177 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

New blood on 14:00 - Jan 27 by SuddenLad

I think it would be ok, as really at the minute we are only planning for three months, so getting tried and trusted players would be the wise thing to do.

Long term, probably not.

I do think that Hilly will have a wider spectrum to recruit from than JC appeared to have.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

New blood on 15:03 - Jan 27 with 2141 viewsSuddenLad

New blood on 14:01 - Jan 27 by SalwaDale

No, because that would be players WE already know. That wasn't the case with Coleman at Dale (or Hill at t'Barnsley for that matter.)

But they were all players that Coleman already knew in the same way. Just as when KH was at Baaaarnsley, he turned his attention to players HE already knew to bag Wiseman, Done, Perkins, Dagnall, Higginbotham, Kennedy et. al. They were all largely unknown to the supporters.

The fans at Baaarnsley seem to think that contributed to his downfall, showing that he knew little or nothing outside Spotland and couldn't attract the necessary quality.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New blood on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 2120 views442Dale

New blood on 14:09 - Jan 27 by olympicdale

alongside Dawson yes, my point exactly, he was strong with him, but once Dawson left he was a shadow of the player, never took on the mantle of leader.

He was equally impressive at the end of the season alongside Josh Thompson.

It all started to go wrong for Holness when unnecessary doubt was raised around his position during pre-season under Eyre.

New blood on 15:19 - Jan 27 with 2095 viewssweetcorn

Would probably shy away from the old dale guard and move onto some new options. Stanton did however have a great game on boxing day, however don't think he'll be nearly as good as he once was. Hill probably has players in mind and time will tell.

Gareth Owen could be a good option, was once highly rated and think he falls into the broken toy niche keith hill loves so bad.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

New blood on 15:38 - Jan 27 with 2071 viewszxcvbnm

Matty done? Not included again by flicker

Poll: Best loanee keeper

New blood on 16:04 - Jan 27 with 2010 viewsSalwaDale

New blood on 15:03 - Jan 27 by SuddenLad

But they were all players that Coleman already knew in the same way. Just as when KH was at Baaaarnsley, he turned his attention to players HE already knew to bag Wiseman, Done, Perkins, Dagnall, Higginbotham, Kennedy et. al. They were all largely unknown to the supporters.

The fans at Baaarnsley seem to think that contributed to his downfall, showing that he knew little or nothing outside Spotland and couldn't attract the necessary quality.

Think you are missing my point. Plucking players from a managers old club is one thing, but bringing succesful players back to a club completely different.

That said, I expect Hill to look a little further afield.

TBBT

New blood on 16:15 - Jan 27 with 1986 viewsboromat

In one of Hills interviews he was adamant and very enthusiastic about signing players he hasn't worked with before. He said there may be one or two we've seen before.

So if Haworth is one and Taylor is the other we're looking at two brand new signings. I would expect a couple of the signings to be loan signings from the leagues above.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New blood on 16:41 - Jan 27 with 1918 viewsJorDale

Would love jason taylor and james tunacliffe !!
Not sure mcnulty is a regular as barnsley anymore? was very impressed when he came at the start of the season. center half.
New blood on 17:02 - Jan 27 with 1856 viewsolympicdale

New blood on 16:04 - Jan 27 by SalwaDale

Think you are missing my point. Plucking players from a managers old club is one thing, but bringing succesful players back to a club completely different.

That said, I expect Hill to look a little further afield.

I think its the case of bringing in former players simply for the sake of it, fans scoff at, as has been the case with many a player under Coleman.

Life is a game of fate.

New blood on 17:55 - Jan 27 with 1775 viewsR442D

Taylor's ideal, defiantly a good signing if we can.

Be great if we can keep Kennedy too - any new word on that?

Tom Kennedy perhaps?
Wiseman?

Old players I know, but they know Hill and are proven full backs, good going forward too.

I hear we're in for a lad from Stockport/Wycombe.

Another midfielder and possible winger too I think -probably loans from Championship sides.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024