Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players for next season 11:07 - Apr 7 with 5093 viewsDALEYCADDERS

Out of the current squad which of them would you keep and which ones would you get rid of? Also who are possible transfer targets?
Players for next season on 11:29 - Apr 7 with 3859 views442Dale

Lillis, Donnelly and Grant are under contract

Keep:
Collis, if he wants to stay.
Edwards
Bennett
Rose
Henderson
JK
Cavanagh

Grimes and Tutte will probably go but I feel Hill might enjoy working with both, so they may wish to reconsider. If not, fine. Keep BBM for the coaching staff with a playing contract for emergencies and to fill the bench. SCS is a strange one, we'd have him but if he's got another year at Preston it'll be unlikely, if not he'd have to accept a drop in wages.

Release:
Rafferty
Pearson
Minihan
Byrne
McIntyre
Haworth
R Jones
Gornell

Need a right back, centre half, midfielder, proper winger, COG type centre forward.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Players for next season on 11:36 - Apr 7 with 3825 viewsisitme

Players for next season on 11:29 - Apr 7 by 442Dale

Lillis, Donnelly and Grant are under contract

Keep:
Collis, if he wants to stay.
Edwards
Bennett
Rose
Henderson
JK
Cavanagh

Grimes and Tutte will probably go but I feel Hill might enjoy working with both, so they may wish to reconsider. If not, fine. Keep BBM for the coaching staff with a playing contract for emergencies and to fill the bench. SCS is a strange one, we'd have him but if he's got another year at Preston it'll be unlikely, if not he'd have to accept a drop in wages.

Release:
Rafferty
Pearson
Minihan
Byrne
McIntyre
Haworth
R Jones
Gornell

Need a right back, centre half, midfielder, proper winger, COG type centre forward.

I would agree with that apart from Cavanagh. He is probably on a decent wage and I feel that we should use the money saved for a pacey, physical presence in the centre of the park to play alongside Kennedy (assuming that he re-signs).

I suppose with some players it will come down to value within the squad's budget. Would an offer that Grimes accepts be better spent on a dominant centre back to play alongside Edwards?

Signing Henderson should be a priority. I believe he has recently relocated to the North West so hopefully a two year contract with a reasonable release fee in it could secure his signing. A sort of take a lower wage for more security and earn your move to a bigger club.
Players for next season on 11:48 - Apr 7 with 3797 views442Dale

Cavanagh is at a crossroads in his career; if he's bought into what Hill is doing he may well accept reduced terms to prolong his time in the game at a decent level. If not it could mean a move into non league and bouncing around clubs for the next few years. His attitude and performances have been deserving of a new deal though.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Players for next season on 11:50 - Apr 7 with 3785 viewsisitme

Players for next season on 11:48 - Apr 7 by 442Dale

Cavanagh is at a crossroads in his career; if he's bought into what Hill is doing he may well accept reduced terms to prolong his time in the game at a decent level. If not it could mean a move into non league and bouncing around clubs for the next few years. His attitude and performances have been deserving of a new deal though.

I agree that he attitude and performances have been good recently, but again it comes down to value for money. As you said would he take reduced terms to be a squad player rather than a starter?
Players for next season on 11:57 - Apr 7 with 3766 viewsChaffRAFC

Offer deals to:

Kennedy
Tutte
P Edwards
Henderson
Grimes
Bennett
Rafferty
Rose
Cavanagh

Tutte, Grimes and JK may well leave anyway, as may Henderson to be fair but I'd like to keep all of them.

Release:

McIntyre
Adebola
Byrne
M Edwards
Pearson
Gornell
Abadaki
Minihan
Watson
Haworth
Curran
Collis
Thomas

BBM should be offered a coaching role at least. If we can't prise Gary Jones away from Bradford to be assistant manager to Keith Hill then I'd offer that player/assistant role to BBM without a seconds hesitation.

Transfer targets:

A sub keeper, I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if Collis stays given he's probably on a small wage.

I'd try and make SCS's deal a permanent one.

A lot depends on messrs Tutte and Kennedy as to whether we need to strengthen in the centre of midfield but I'd offer Jamie Allen a pro-contract and he can be back-up.

We'll need another forward to replace Gornell and potentially another to replace Grimes.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Players for next season on 12:02 - Apr 7 with 3745 viewsColDale

gut feeling is that a decision may have been made on Grimes yesterday afternoon, in what otherwise was a very good display by him.
Players for next season on 12:06 - Apr 7 with 3729 viewsSaxonDale

Offer deals to:
Kennedy
Tutte
P Edwards
Henderson
Bennett

Release the rest.
Players for next season on 12:08 - Apr 7 with 3720 viewszxcvbnm

Players for next season on 12:02 - Apr 7 by ColDale

gut feeling is that a decision may have been made on Grimes yesterday afternoon, in what otherwise was a very good display by him.

I'd say that Grimes has made his decision anyway - off to rotherham in the summer regardless

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Login to get fewer ads

Players for next season on 12:38 - Apr 7 with 3663 viewsblakeyj

Everyone is saying that we should release our youngster like rafferty, pearson, byrne, minihan, abdakietc but i cant see us releasing young players like that

Also I remember reece grey having a serious injury at the start of this season is he still with us when he is likely to return and do you think he will get a contract
Players for next season on 12:40 - Apr 7 with 3655 viewsSalwaDale

This may seem a strange thing to say but I really don't care. If Hill wants rid then I'm happy with that, if he's seen enough to believe that the players can buy into what he will do then I'm happy for them to stay. He will have seen enough and know enough about the players to decide who stays and who goes, and I include the contracted players in that. I only want players who want to be at Dale, although I hope Kennedy and Henderson fit into that category.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

TBBT

Players for next season on 13:22 - Apr 7 with 3605 viewsdale10

keep rafferty and as for cavanagh he can go tomorrow for me brings nothing to the team apart from waveing his arms about 1 of the worse players i have ever seen in a dale shirt
Players for next season on 13:30 - Apr 7 with 3585 viewsTalkingSutty

Players for next season on 12:40 - Apr 7 by SalwaDale

This may seem a strange thing to say but I really don't care. If Hill wants rid then I'm happy with that, if he's seen enough to believe that the players can buy into what he will do then I'm happy for them to stay. He will have seen enough and know enough about the players to decide who stays and who goes, and I include the contracted players in that. I only want players who want to be at Dale, although I hope Kennedy and Henderson fit into that category.

Agree with that, we have to trust Hillys judgement. I dont see the point in him trying to persuade players to stay at the club, if they want to go show them the door.
Players for next season on 13:33 - Apr 7 with 3581 viewsolympicdale

Im not sure why we are so eager to replace players like Rafferty an Pearson, the former came in from the wilderness yesterday and did a good job, we will need a squad and cant afford to lose too many. Id even like to keep Mcintyre, again to have him as a squad player in emergencies.

The main priority has to be recruiting Hendo, surely a move back to the north west could be a big swinging point, it would be a mini coup if we could get him perminently.

Life is a game of fate.

Players for next season on 15:00 - Apr 7 with 3498 viewsStudiousDale

Am I the only one who'd like us to keep Gornell? Obviously I'd rather we kept Hendo if it came to a choice.

Also, a beyond broken toy IMO with the amount of controversies in his short past, but do you think Hilly could offer Nile Ranger a way back into football?
Players for next season on 15:18 - Apr 7 with 3460 viewshull_dale19

I'd offer Cav, JK, Tutte, Rose, Henderson, Rafferty, Gray and Edwards new deals, also see if we can make The Sherriff's loan deal permanent. Release the rest

Grimes can go for me, yes he's talented but doesn't show it enough. He has good games but they're far too sporadic.

A player I'd like to see here next season is Lee Molyneux at Accy, will be on low wages and he looks like a good player at this level
Players for next season on 15:20 - Apr 7 with 3450 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Players for next season on 12:40 - Apr 7 by SalwaDale

I feel that Hilly choosing to tell us yesterday (the day we virtually secured our league status) that there had been 'battles' and 'verbal fights' with the players on how they should play and train, will have a massive bearing on who stays and who go's.

Keith Hill is the boss, he has had to play the situation with kid gloves as he has almost gate crashed and had to dismantle someone elses team, while stopping the most rottenest of rots that was within our club.

The second he no longer has to put up with the characters that have dared to fight him, the 'revolving door' will be in overdrive I would have thought!

I can see less than 5 of the current squad being offered terms, but as you say WD i'll go 100% with what Hilly goes for, with JK and Hendo a 'nice to have'.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Players for next season on 15:23 - Apr 7 with 3435 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Players for next season on 11:36 - Apr 7 by isitme

I would agree with that apart from Cavanagh. He is probably on a decent wage and I feel that we should use the money saved for a pacey, physical presence in the centre of the park to play alongside Kennedy (assuming that he re-signs).

I suppose with some players it will come down to value within the squad's budget. Would an offer that Grimes accepts be better spent on a dominant centre back to play alongside Edwards?

Signing Henderson should be a priority. I believe he has recently relocated to the North West so hopefully a two year contract with a reasonable release fee in it could secure his signing. A sort of take a lower wage for more security and earn your move to a bigger club.

Concur with the Cav situation.......better players around,get rid.Still smells of Coleman to me.

I would have thought Rafferty is worth a punt.
Players for next season on 15:31 - Apr 7 with 3409 viewsSalwaDale

Players for next season on 15:18 - Apr 7 by hull_dale19

I'd offer Cav, JK, Tutte, Rose, Henderson, Rafferty, Gray and Edwards new deals, also see if we can make The Sherriff's loan deal permanent. Release the rest

Grimes can go for me, yes he's talented but doesn't show it enough. He has good games but they're far too sporadic.

A player I'd like to see here next season is Lee Molyneux at Accy, will be on low wages and he looks like a good player at this level

Molyneux rumoured to be signing for Fleetwood.

TBBT

Players for next season on 15:34 - Apr 7 with 3402 viewsolympicdale

Players for next season on 15:00 - Apr 7 by StudiousDale

Am I the only one who'd like us to keep Gornell? Obviously I'd rather we kept Hendo if it came to a choice.

Also, a beyond broken toy IMO with the amount of controversies in his short past, but do you think Hilly could offer Nile Ranger a way back into football?

Gornell can go for me, he's done jack all since he's been here bar a couple decent cameos. Unlike Donnelly who has stepped up to the plate since Hills arrival, Gornell hasn't done owt to impress imo, granted he got injured, but I just dont see anything that says we should look to offer him a deal, especially if it means not being able to offer Henderson something. Niles Ranger is too broke, wouldn't touch him personally, not a good player for the dressing room.

Life is a game of fate.

Players for next season on 19:11 - Apr 7 with 3288 viewsShun

What's Gray's situation? Is he out of contract?
Players for next season on 19:32 - Apr 7 with 3260 viewsNotEyreClue

Rafferty just isn't good enough in my opinion.

Cavanagh is great at what he does and has been a very consistent performer in recent weeks. They were lambasting the decision to release him on the Fleetwood forum yesterday because he was also one of their most consistent performers and they must have been impressed with him yesterday to bring it up.

I agree with the general consensus about the other players.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Players for next season on 20:03 - Apr 7 with 3214 viewszxcvbnm

Players for next season on 11:57 - Apr 7 by ChaffRAFC

Offer deals to:

Kennedy
Tutte
P Edwards
Henderson
Grimes
Bennett
Rafferty
Rose
Cavanagh

Tutte, Grimes and JK may well leave anyway, as may Henderson to be fair but I'd like to keep all of them.

Release:

McIntyre
Adebola
Byrne
M Edwards
Pearson
Gornell
Abadaki
Minihan
Watson
Haworth
Curran
Collis
Thomas

BBM should be offered a coaching role at least. If we can't prise Gary Jones away from Bradford to be assistant manager to Keith Hill then I'd offer that player/assistant role to BBM without a seconds hesitation.

Transfer targets:

A sub keeper, I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if Collis stays given he's probably on a small wage.

I'd try and make SCS's deal a permanent one.

A lot depends on messrs Tutte and Kennedy as to whether we need to strengthen in the centre of midfield but I'd offer Jamie Allen a pro-contract and he can be back-up.

We'll need another forward to replace Gornell and potentially another to replace Grimes.

I'd think Allen, Logan and O'Connor will get deals. As for the rest Tanser maybe

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Players for next season on 20:05 - Apr 7 with 3204 viewssweetcorn

Players for next season on 19:32 - Apr 7 by NotEyreClue

Rafferty just isn't good enough in my opinion.

Cavanagh is great at what he does and has been a very consistent performer in recent weeks. They were lambasting the decision to release him on the Fleetwood forum yesterday because he was also one of their most consistent performers and they must have been impressed with him yesterday to bring it up.

I agree with the general consensus about the other players.

Disagree about rafferty, personally think he's a talented footballer who is suffering from a lack of confidence and inexperience at league level.

Could personally see him developing into a very good right-back at this level, the question is whether we have the time, patience and money to wait to see if this comes to fruition.

As for players i'd keep (ignoring whether they'll accept or not) would be:

Cavanagh
Rose
Bennett
Phil Edwards
Cansdell-Sheriff
Cavanagh
JK
Tutte
Henderson
Gornell (Depending on if he can recapture the form whilst on loan)
Gray
Rafferty (Again the deal must suit the club, as its likely he wont be a starter)

Plus the players already contracted: Lillis, Donnelly, Grant

We have the basis of what could become a good squad in my opinion, If Hill can add some of the quality we already know he can find we may be building a squad capable of pushing for a play-off spot or dare i say, promotion.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Players for next season on 20:12 - Apr 7 with 3189 viewssweetcorn

Players for next season on 15:18 - Apr 7 by hull_dale19

No i'm with you on Gornell.

Was my favourite Dale player over the festive period. That performance at Bradford was superb, hopefully he'll prove himself in the remaining games.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Players for next season on 20:28 - Apr 7 with 3162 viewsNotEyreClue

Players for next season on 20:05 - Apr 7 by sweetcorn

Disagree about rafferty, personally think he's a talented footballer who is suffering from a lack of confidence and inexperience at league level.

Could personally see him developing into a very good right-back at this level, the question is whether we have the time, patience and money to wait to see if this comes to fruition.

As for players i'd keep (ignoring whether they'll accept or not) would be:

Cavanagh
Rose
Bennett
Phil Edwards
Cansdell-Sheriff
Cavanagh
JK
Tutte
Henderson
Gornell (Depending on if he can recapture the form whilst on loan)
Gray
Rafferty (Again the deal must suit the club, as its likely he wont be a starter)

Plus the players already contracted: Lillis, Donnelly, Grant

We have the basis of what could become a good squad in my opinion, If Hill can add some of the quality we already know he can find we may be building a squad capable of pushing for a play-off spot or dare i say, promotion.

I think he's fairly good at getting forward but from what I've seen, he really struggles when it comes to defending. He is only young and could develop but he wouldn't be playing regularly next season and I'm not sure if him sitting on the bench would be of any value to him or the club. For what it's worth, I thought he was comfortably our worst player yesterday but maybe that is down to not playing many games recently.

That starting XI yesterday with Bennett coming in at RB could definitely get play-offs next season at the very least...it's just a case of who we can manage to keep I suppose.

P.S check your book of face.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024