Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released players worth looking at 01:21 - May 21 with 1076 viewsAtThePeake

I realise this is probably best for the sticky but I cannot be bothered looking through 5 pages. The other week when someone posted up a "Targets" thread, I had a look through the PFA Transfer List and added a few players that I think could do a job for us. Many more players have been added since so I thought I'd go through a few more.

Stephen McPhail - Has had problems (think he was struggling with cancer) for a few years and will be way off full fitness, but has shown his quality in the past at Leeds and Cardiff and his experience could be an asset? Or do we have enough Central Midfielders?

Nathaniel Jarvis - Based purely on the fact that he was great for me on FM. 6'2 striker with pace-, but didn't do much to prove himself on loan at various clubs. Maybe worth a trial as a potential future star (but we may have enough of those already)

Peter Leven - Box to box central midfielder who has been a key player at Chesterfield, MK Dons and Oxford in the past. 29 so not over the hill, may be good for a bit of competition in the middle should we fail to tie down JK or Tuttey.

Andy Drury - Winger who can play on both sides. Never seen much of him but seems to have done well at Crawley on loan earlier this season. Coming from Ipswich though so probably out of our wage range.

Gerardo Bruna - Young Spanish winger been released by Blackpool. Again not seen much of him, but again decent for me on FM so must be worth a trial ;)

Rob Edwards - Experienced, well travelled, 6ft+ centre back. Whitey mooted him has a possible signing for us a few weeks back. Again, must be worth a trial.

Warren Feeney - Maybe a toy that's a little too broken? Has slid a long way from his glory days, but he was a magnificent player in his day - winger or centre forward. 31 years old so maybe not worth the risk.

Joe Anyinsah - Was very surprised to see him released by Brizzle Rovers. Pacey two footed winger who can also play up front? Would be happy to see him in a Dale shirt.

Hamza Bencherif - Somebody else has mentioned him on here before. Midfielder who can also fill in at CB. Tank. Real enforcer.

Stephen Foster - Another ex-Tyke, another over 6ft centre back. Maybe Whitey can enlighten us more?

Pat Kisnorbo - Again, likely to be way out of our wage range, but at 6'2, 32 years old, international and Championship experience, if the budget is there he may be worth breaking the bank. A good influential leader and organiser if I remember rightly.

Michael Spillane - Strong, athletic player who can play centre back or centre mid and is a good passer of the ball. Could be a good enforcer and a good squad option due to his versatility. Always impressed me when playing against us.

Evan Horwood - Not a serious suggestion with Rose and Tanser in the squad but surprised to see Pools have let a very very competent lower league LB go. Possibly be looking to stay in L1.

Nathan Stanton - I'm only half joking...

I've tried to keep it to players we'll be able to afford and that I know a little bit about and that's only from the first 4 pages of the PFA Transfer list site... of which there are 12. Plenty of great L2 level players available for Hilly. Feel free to add any you've spotted yoursel

Tangled up in blue.

Released players worth looking at on 07:16 - May 21 with 1017 viewsDALEYCADDERS

Gerado Bruna is a great shout
Released players worth looking at on 17:07 - May 21 with 782 viewssweetcorn

Akinfenwa.

/thread.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024