Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly interview 23:23 - Nov 26 with 3136 viewsTalkingSutty

Interesting post match interview from the manager on Dale player, the jist of it being that the officials are responsible for tonights defeat. I suppose the replays will show what really happened. If Hilly is right then maybe we will appeal the red cards.

He seemed quite upbeat and stated it wont have a detrimental effect on moral but he has a list as long as his arm regarding mistakes made by the officials tonight.
Hilly interview on 23:28 - Nov 26 with 3097 viewsroccydaleian

Not listened to it yet, but surely their is no point in appealing the decisions,pointless and will cost the club money.
Hilly interview on 23:33 - Nov 26 with 3080 viewsTVOS1907

I don't agree with him. We didn't really look like winning with 11 men.

We can't appeal two yellow cards and the second one was a mandatory red once the penalty had been awarded.

As roccy says, it would be a waste of time, effort and money and could even lead to an extension of O'Connell's ban for a frivolous appeal.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly interview on 23:38 - Nov 26 with 3059 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly interview on 23:33 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

I don't agree with him. We didn't really look like winning with 11 men.

We can't appeal two yellow cards and the second one was a mandatory red once the penalty had been awarded.

As roccy says, it would be a waste of time, effort and money and could even lead to an extension of O'Connell's ban for a frivolous appeal.

I also disagree with Hillys take on the game but admit that I could be diluted.

What does it matter anyway the games gone and it should be confined to the anals of history just like that 5-0 Ashes defeat a few years ago.
Hilly interview on 23:47 - Nov 26 with 3011 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly interview on 23:38 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

What does it matter anyway the games gone and it should be confined to the anals of history just like that 5-0 Ashes defeat a few years ago.

Agree.

I can't remember whose law says "If it can go wrong, it will go wrong", but tonight was one of those types of games.

All that was missing was Simon Coleman and Luke Rodgers!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly interview on 23:48 - Nov 26 with 3009 viewsNinco

Hill's response was nothing more than kidology. He got it badly wrong tonight. Even with a completely different referee, we were always going to lose because we played completely the wrong tactics and did nothing when we saw it wasn't working. He is using the referee to cover his back so that the directors think everything in the garden is rosy and having paid £20 to watch something on a par with pub football, I would feel much happier if Hill had taken the responsibility for his mistakes and apologised to the supporters who paid to watch that instead of blaming others.

Yes, the referee did make mistakes, but whilst some of the mistakes went against us, others went for us. All teams have to put up with referee errors. It's part and parcel of the game and not a valid excuse for why we didn't win.
Hilly interview on 23:49 - Nov 26 with 3001 viewsD_Alien

Hilly interview on 23:38 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

"the anals of history"

And that's the bottom line.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly interview on 00:06 - Nov 27 with 2948 viewsShun

Hilly interview on 23:48 - Nov 26 by Ninco

Hill's response was nothing more than kidology. He got it badly wrong tonight. Even with a completely different referee, we were always going to lose because we played completely the wrong tactics and did nothing when we saw it wasn't working. He is using the referee to cover his back so that the directors think everything in the garden is rosy and having paid £20 to watch something on a par with pub football, I would feel much happier if Hill had taken the responsibility for his mistakes and apologised to the supporters who paid to watch that instead of blaming others.

Yes, the referee did make mistakes, but whilst some of the mistakes went against us, others went for us. All teams have to put up with referee errors. It's part and parcel of the game and not a valid excuse for why we didn't win.

Pub football? Very harsh! The second half was a shocker, but the first half wasn't bad at all - we played some lovely football and, in my eyes at least, were the better side.
Hilly interview on 00:14 - Nov 27 with 2927 viewsroccydaleian

Hilly interview on 00:06 - Nov 27 by Shun

Pub football? Very harsh! The second half was a shocker, but the first half wasn't bad at all - we played some lovely football and, in my eyes at least, were the better side.

Agreed, first half we played 'em of the park and was just toothless upfront. Second half a disaster, dust down and onwards and upwards to York. Up The Dale.
Login to get fewer ads

Hilly interview on 00:39 - Nov 27 with 2880 viewsBeefCurtain

I know that Mourinho is the manager that Hill would most like to meet but I'm starting to worry that he's trying to become him. Mourinho is the master of deflecting criticism away from the team (see the post-match interview tonight after their defeat to Basel). If done subtly then it can definitely have its advantages but it's just pretty cringeworthy when it's a blatant attempt to cover up your own/the teams shortcomings.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Hilly interview on 01:36 - Nov 27 with 2828 viewsSandyman

Fair enough, we played decently in the first half but without the end result. Second half Dale didn't change and up the tempo as we might have expected and a win seemed unlikely, but Hilly is right about the officials. Inconsistent, one sided and incompetent, as we have seen on numerous occasions, but they made some game changing howlers as he will no doubt have on his list. Some may say he's hiding a bad result behind bad officials. Bad officials can get off scot free and wander off to ruin more games whilst KH has to live with the consequences of their incompetence. That isn't right.

No point appealing against the straight red until we are a moneybags Premiership team.
Hilly interview on 09:12 - Nov 27 with 2466 viewsdalenumber2

I can appreciate Hill's desire to keep morale high and if blaming the ref is part of this strategy then so be it. However Olly Lancashire must take some of the blame for the result as the match could, I feel, have gone either way until his sending off. There was no doubt that the foul was a stupid one which deserved red. Players need to realise that their actions could have not only an adverse affect on the result but also on our ultimate league position.
Hilly interview on 10:00 - Nov 27 with 2384 viewsSuddenLad

Hilly interview on 01:36 - Nov 27 by Sandyman

Fair enough, we played decently in the first half but without the end result. Second half Dale didn't change and up the tempo as we might have expected and a win seemed unlikely, but Hilly is right about the officials. Inconsistent, one sided and incompetent, as we have seen on numerous occasions, but they made some game changing howlers as he will no doubt have on his list. Some may say he's hiding a bad result behind bad officials. Bad officials can get off scot free and wander off to ruin more games whilst KH has to live with the consequences of their incompetence. That isn't right.

No point appealing against the straight red until we are a moneybags Premiership team.

This. ^^^^^^^^

No doubt Scunthorpe deserved their three points. That's not the point. Dale as a team were below par and didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders. Whether that was formation, tactics, or whatever else it happened and it's on to York.

Crucially, it was the inept officials who actually altered the course of the game with their crass, poor decision making and sadly they will be free to do that again on Saturday in front of some unsuspecting supporters who will rightly expect professional performances from highly paid officials.

Keith Hill may well be emphasising the match officials at the expense of the team performance but he is absolutely right to say that they were instrumental in contributing to the defeat.

What sanctions for them ? How many games will they miss ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hilly interview on 11:22 - Nov 27 with 2281 viewsBobbyjoe

Hilly interview on 10:00 - Nov 27 by SuddenLad

This. ^^^^^^^^

No doubt Scunthorpe deserved their three points. That's not the point. Dale as a team were below par and didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders. Whether that was formation, tactics, or whatever else it happened and it's on to York.

Crucially, it was the inept officials who actually altered the course of the game with their crass, poor decision making and sadly they will be free to do that again on Saturday in front of some unsuspecting supporters who will rightly expect professional performances from highly paid officials.

Keith Hill may well be emphasising the match officials at the expense of the team performance but he is absolutely right to say that they were instrumental in contributing to the defeat.

What sanctions for them ? How many games will they miss ?

He picked the wrong team. Tutte is no playmaker; entirely one-footed, he can only run across defenders or round the outside. Hery did more to unsettle their defenders in the few minutes before the red cards than Tutte had for the previous hour.
Hilly interview on 11:38 - Nov 27 with 2255 viewsmaybee

Hilly interview on 11:22 - Nov 27 by Bobbyjoe

He picked the wrong team. Tutte is no playmaker; entirely one-footed, he can only run across defenders or round the outside. Hery did more to unsettle their defenders in the few minutes before the red cards than Tutte had for the previous hour.

Funny how we see things differently. I though we regressed significantly following Tuttes substitution, with Lund in particular becoming less effective once Tutte had been subbed.
In the first half, Tutte was one of our better players... After he left the pitch, I dont think anyone performed well.
Hilly interview on 11:43 - Nov 27 with 2245 viewsBobbyjoe

Hilly interview on 11:38 - Nov 27 by maybee

Funny how we see things differently. I though we regressed significantly following Tuttes substitution, with Lund in particular becoming less effective once Tutte had been subbed.
In the first half, Tutte was one of our better players... After he left the pitch, I dont think anyone performed well.

I just thought Tutte was given the wrong role. He did run the show, but that was the problem. It needed someone more creative alongside him.
Hilly interview on 12:52 - Nov 27 with 2143 views100notout

Hilly interview on 11:38 - Nov 27 by maybee

Totally agree about Tutte . Thought he was by far the best player on the pitch. Not sure why he was taken off - he didn't look injured so can only imagine that it was because he had been booked and didn't want him to get sent off - quite ironic given how things turned out!

Thought Tuttes booking was a poor decision by the ref and the officials made a few bad ones. Didn't get a good view of the penalty / sending off but have no issues with Lancashires sending off. Olly has been a solid player all season but he should be really disappointed with his performance last night - we still could have got at least a point out of the game and I feel he let everyone down.

Hilly has to hold his hand up and accept that he got it tactically wrong last night, not only with the starting formation (Bennett has lost all form and shouldn't be in the team and Hogan on the wing?) but not changing it after Lancashire was sent off - we looked clueless after that and lacked all sense of direction.

Bad day at the office - lets see how we react now thats the key.

Up the Dale

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hilly interview on 13:00 - Nov 27 with 2125 views1907

Pub football? Up there with one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on here. We were playing good, patient football. If Lund's goal had stood we would have won very easily. Game of fine margins.
Hilly interview on 13:41 - Nov 27 with 2066 viewsChaffRAFC

A quite staggering post. Pub football?? If that was pub football then it should be televised because first half we were superb in possession but couldn't get through the solid Scunthorpe defence.

We played the wrong tactics? Those are the same tactics that have brought us wins against Torquay, Morecambe and Exeter in the past three weeks. We were at home so shouldn't be dictated to as to how we set out our stall. The fact is, Scunthorpe came and defended very well and soaked up our possession football and struck against the run of play. That doesn't mean our tactics were wrong does it?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hilly interview on 18:53 - Nov 27 with 1788 viewsdalenumber2

Hilly interview on 13:00 - Nov 27 by 1907

Pub football? Up there with one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on here. We were playing good, patient football. If Lund's goal had stood we would have won very easily. Game of fine margins.

Agreed, I really enjoyed the first half - we played some great stuff. Their goal was against the run of play and I thought we could have nicked something until Lancashire's dismissal. Credit though to Scunthorpe who defended well throughout.
Hilly interview on 19:37 - Nov 27 with 1729 viewsSuddenLad

Here is what he had to say............

http://footytweets.com/rochdale/news/915972

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hilly interview on 20:24 - Nov 27 with 1667 views442Dale

Hilly interview on 19:37 - Nov 27 by SuddenLad

Here is what he had to say............

http://footytweets.com/rochdale/news/915972

Interview is on the club YouTube channel too.

Still struggling to understand any real issues around the specific decisions which led to the sending offs (but accept there may well have been a foul before O'Connell's - not seen any replays yet). If officials had to explain why Lancashire got a second yellow and O'Connell a red, then it wouldn't take them too long.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly interview on 12:19 - Nov 28 with 1410 viewsBeckWMG

I don't blame the officials for us losing the game.

I think Hills tactics were strange.
5 at the back at home?

I don't think Rose and Bennett were wingbacks as Hogan and Henderson played out wide leaving Cummins in the middle on his own most of the time.

We looked tired after a good run of games including midweek fixtures.

I think he needs to freshen it up on Sat.

I'd be giving Allen, Bunney, Done all starts against York.

All said it's hardly a disaster, maybe even a blessing in disguise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024