Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DIAKITE 10:00 - May 24 with 8882 viewsbishom

Anyone else getting concerned about the lack of information coming out about his loan deal becoming a permanent signing for us?
Thought this would have happened once we confirmed our PL Status for next season. Plus the fact he missed the last few games with a mystery virus!
Against Arsenal his performance was that good, a few us said I bet Wenger will be having a look at him as a bit of backbone in there midfield.

Bishom

DIAKITE on 08:45 - May 25 with 1952 viewsElHoop

Hmmmm that's sounding very dodgy!
DIAKITE on 08:46 - May 25 with 1950 viewsrichranger

DIAKITE on 08:44 - May 25 by JonDoeman

Makes his 'illness' look even more dodgy, having read that I think he'll off elsewhere.

Yes, that's how I read it too - great pity if true.
DIAKITE on 08:48 - May 25 with 1937 viewsTrom

Please god no. If we can get him he'd in my opinion be a massive player. Haven't been so impressed by a player in Hoops since Faurlin's debut.
DIAKITE on 09:06 - May 25 with 1896 viewsJamie

Makes his 'illness' look even more dodgy, having read that I think he'll off elsewhere.

If you buy into the theory that he wasn't ill and was happy to let us risk going down to avoid committing to the club then you have to accept he won't sign unless we are his only option.

My personal opinion is that he will be here permanently.
DIAKITE on 09:15 - May 25 with 1863 viewsDylanP

Get some perspective people! He played 9 games for us. Got sent off in one and didn't score. We all saw him week in week out so we saw how he matured and so on. We saw those great performances. But other managers didn't see that.

Which team would we be worried about forking over 4 million for a player who has no real track record? At that price range you are not talking about one of the big boys of the division. The big boys will be happy to pay twice that for proven talent, but they aren't going to come in for speculative talent. The kind of team looking to spend that sort of money on speculative talent is either one of the new teams coming up or one of our fellow strugglers last season. So, exactly which one of those sides would be more alluring to Samba than us. Honestly, he knows and likes us (it says so in the article), we are in London, we have the management and ambition.

If I was at all worried (which I wasn't), that article made me even less worried.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

DIAKITE on 09:18 - May 25 with 1848 viewsballbag

DIAKITE on 09:15 - May 25 by DylanP

Get some perspective people! He played 9 games for us. Got sent off in one and didn't score. We all saw him week in week out so we saw how he matured and so on. We saw those great performances. But other managers didn't see that.

Which team would we be worried about forking over 4 million for a player who has no real track record? At that price range you are not talking about one of the big boys of the division. The big boys will be happy to pay twice that for proven talent, but they aren't going to come in for speculative talent. The kind of team looking to spend that sort of money on speculative talent is either one of the new teams coming up or one of our fellow strugglers last season. So, exactly which one of those sides would be more alluring to Samba than us. Honestly, he knows and likes us (it says so in the article), we are in London, we have the management and ambition.

If I was at all worried (which I wasn't), that article made me even less worried.

Scored a beauty against Arsenal.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
DIAKITE on 09:21 - May 25 with 1833 viewsNorthernr

DIAKITE on 09:15 - May 25 by DylanP

"Other managers didn't see that."

Didn't they? Why not? Did we play our final ten games in secret?
DIAKITE on 09:24 - May 25 with 1820 viewsDesertBoot

I disagree Dylan. He showed enough in those nine games for several clubs to be interested in him.
Raw talent, African player in the French league and scored against Arsenal. There's one club that springs to mind.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Login to get fewer ads

DIAKITE on 09:28 - May 25 with 1803 viewsBasingstokeR

Here you go...

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/05/25/qpr-close-in-on-midfielde

Its saying the loan to permanent deal hinged on him playing 10 games - he played nine. Other Prem clubs are interested and we're trying to rush through the deal.
DIAKITE on 09:31 - May 25 with 1797 viewsjonno

DIAKITE on 09:18 - May 25 by ballbag

Is Wenger really going to come in with an offer of over £4 million for a player on the basis of one good game against them? Based on their spending over the last few years I would suggest not. And we can match anything Arsenal will offer in wages, so I don't really see an attraction for the player there considering he has said he wants to play for us and will get a regular game for us, but most likely on the bench at best at Arsenal. While admittedly the fact he didn't play the tenth game and thus trigger the transfer looks suspicious, I'm not sure there will be any better offers on the table for him than ours. Probably the agent playing about hoping to either delay the move hoping to get a better offer or panic us into paying more.
DIAKITE on 09:31 - May 25 with 1796 viewsJamie

The article states that Nancy are happy to get a deal done quickly and then implys that Diakite's agent & Nancy wouldnt be adverse to a bidding war before stating that £3.2m is the agreed fee and thus no bidding war will be undertaken.

One confused article.
DIAKITE on 09:32 - May 25 with 1794 viewsQPR_John

The players hold all the aces, even if he had played the 10 games would we have wanted player who did not want to play for us. If he does want to play for us then he will sign. The only difference the 9/10 games make is maybe the selling club can renegotiate.
DIAKITE on 09:32 - May 25 with 1794 viewsDylanP

DIAKITE on 09:18 - May 25 by ballbag

That was a beauty! But to be honest most of the hard work was done by our man Mackie, of course. Not putting Samba down, he had a great game. I'm just not convinced that all the big boys have all their scouts out at the relegation strugglers every week.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

DIAKITE on 09:45 - May 25 with 1752 viewsNorthernr

DIAKITE on 09:31 - May 25 by Jamie

The article states that Nancy are happy to get a deal done quickly and then implys that Diakite's agent & Nancy wouldnt be adverse to a bidding war before stating that £3.2m is the agreed fee and thus no bidding war will be undertaken.

One confused article.

It's confused because there's a giant piece of the puzzle missing. Why would Nancy want to rush through a £3.2m deal for a healthy player?
DIAKITE on 09:51 - May 25 with 1742 viewsJamie

DIAKITE on 09:45 - May 25 by Northernr

It's confused because there's a giant piece of the puzzle missing. Why would Nancy want to rush through a £3.2m deal for a healthy player?

As the article states, they are not in a position to turn down offers for players.
DIAKITE on 10:09 - May 25 with 1684 viewsNorthernr

DIAKITE on 09:51 - May 25 by Jamie

As the article states, they are not in a position to turn down offers for players.

So they rush through a deal at £3.2m when they could hold out and get more? No wonder they're skint, they're worse with money than I am.
DIAKITE on 10:13 - May 25 with 1666 viewsjonno

DIAKITE on 10:09 - May 25 by Northernr

So they rush through a deal at £3.2m when they could hold out and get more? No wonder they're skint, they're worse with money than I am.

Maybe they are delaying the deal, hoping to get a better offer as the 10 games were not played by the player. He wants to come to us, but his Club are hawking around for an improved offer from someone else.
DIAKITE on 10:18 - May 25 with 1652 viewswestolian

DIAKITE on 09:45 - May 25 by Northernr

^^THIS^^

Although i'm sure our medical department will carry out all the relevant testing to make sure he's healthy before we spend lots of money on him

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

DIAKITE on 10:32 - May 25 with 1628 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remember when we were skint and the players that left for nowt norf? Not exactly uncommon.

Bare bones.

DIAKITE on 10:34 - May 25 with 1621 viewsJamie

We've got a signed agreement stating £3.2m is the fee. The agent will be telling all and sundry that its £3.2m to entice them to make a bid. Whoever he goes to, Nancy will struggle to get more than our agreed fee out of them.
DIAKITE on 10:36 - May 25 with 1611 viewsNorthernr

DIAKITE on 10:32 - May 25 by Antti_Heinola

Remember when we were skint and the players that left for nowt norf? Not exactly uncommon.

I don't remember anybody in the history of the world rushing through a cheap deal when other clubs are lining up to offer more money. Even QPR were never that daft.
DIAKITE on 10:44 - May 25 with 1587 viewsAlvarado

That's not how I read it. They are not rushing it through, but we would like to. They are quite happy to see if anyone else is interested - a bidding war is in the interest of a skint club.

A source close to Nancy said: “The club are happy to sell Diakité to QPR for the agreed amount. Nancy is not a club who can afford to turn down a big money offer. But of course he may be desirable to other clubs as well, and the deal has yet to be ratified.” 

The poster who said players hold all the cards is, I think, right. We believe he wants to play for us - aside from the initial deal the terms of which implied he would join us permanently - i think he has made some positive noises since he joined. What I am concerned about is that the longer it takes, the more chance there is of his head being turned - by Wenger or indeed anyone else. As for no other manager would have seen what he can do, I think that's hopeful at best. Hughes knew about him when he had played half a season for Nancy in France, it is naive to think no one else with midfield recruitment needs will have noticed him.
DIAKITE on 10:48 - May 25 with 1571 viewsHAYESBOY

The Nancy quote sounds to me that they are trying to start a bidding war, not that one will happen.
All PR and hopefully Diakite can see we are a club on the up with a new training ground and possibly new ground in the future.

Dont panic, keep calm and Samba Diakite!

Smells like a trout farm in here

DIAKITE on 10:50 - May 25 with 1569 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Samba really came on game by game but I wonder what people would have said after the first game. Even after the fourth when he had to be pulled off early in the second half against Sunderland many would have worried whether he was too raw, out of control and risky to play. Other clubs will know the risks as well as the potential. Some of us seem to have short memories. Five good performances?

Love him to sign but he is Nancy's player, not ours, so hope we are also working on Plan B.
DIAKITE on 10:50 - May 25 with 1568 viewsElHoop

DIAKITE on 10:36 - May 25 by Northernr

I don't remember anybody in the history of the world rushing through a cheap deal when other clubs are lining up to offer more money. Even QPR were never that daft.

I think that maybe what North is saying is that it might have been us who stopped him at 9 games because we aren't sure about his health.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024