Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DIAKITE 10:00 - May 24 with 8881 viewsbishom

Anyone else getting concerned about the lack of information coming out about his loan deal becoming a permanent signing for us?
Thought this would have happened once we confirmed our PL Status for next season. Plus the fact he missed the last few games with a mystery virus!
Against Arsenal his performance was that good, a few us said I bet Wenger will be having a look at him as a bit of backbone in there midfield.

Bishom

DIAKITE on 11:01 - May 25 with 1867 viewsJonDoeman

DIAKITE on 10:50 - May 25 by ElHoop

I think that maybe what North is saying is that it might have been us who stopped him at 9 games because we aren't sure about his health.

Not the conspiracy theory I'm working on, that involves fake illness's to prevent clauses, dodgy advisor's & better offers!

It Is What It Is !!

DIAKITE on 11:50 - May 25 with 1817 viewsKevinPR

DIAKITE on 09:31 - May 25 by jonno

Is Wenger really going to come in with an offer of over £4 million for a player on the basis of one good game against them? Based on their spending over the last few years I would suggest not. And we can match anything Arsenal will offer in wages, so I don't really see an attraction for the player there considering he has said he wants to play for us and will get a regular game for us, but most likely on the bench at best at Arsenal. While admittedly the fact he didn't play the tenth game and thus trigger the transfer looks suspicious, I'm not sure there will be any better offers on the table for him than ours. Probably the agent playing about hoping to either delay the move hoping to get a better offer or panic us into paying more.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That was the Paladini principle.
DIAKITE on 12:42 - May 25 with 1731 viewsingeminate

DIAKITE on 11:50 - May 25 by KevinPR

That was the Paladini principle.

A good chunk of people on here, myuself included, think Diakite has the capacity to become a superb premiership footballer, right up there with best. He is able to glide past players, hold position and doesn't have a bad shot, physically imposing with quick feet.

Presumably if even one scout from a bigger club agrees then he could end up going there.

I think logically his best bet is to stay with us because he's guarenteed to play but he may well believe agent talk that he will walk in to say Arsenal's midfield and most young footballers back themselves.

Most important signing we'll make if we do get him IMO.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

DIAKITE on 13:48 - May 25 with 1644 viewsNorthernr

The Diakite thread, let's try and keep discussion on this to here.
DIAKITE on 14:12 - May 25 with 1585 viewsHollowayRanger

dont know if it was QPR'S idea or the players but one side or the other certainly looks to have stopped the player playing that 10th game!

i mean a virus a cold? he was out for best part of 3 weeks could easliy have been a sub brought on in final minute just to activate that 10 game clause

smells very fishy!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

DIAKITE on 14:19 - May 25 with 1566 viewsadhoc_qpr

This is all incredibly suspicious!

Whether it's from our side - concerns about health (glandular fever etc) or not wanting to play him 10 times in case we went down.

Or from his side - not wanting to play to see what other offers he gets.

I really would love to see Diakite and Faurlin in midfield together so i hope it works - i'll be gutted if he ends up going to another prem club and excelling!
DIAKITE on 14:21 - May 25 with 1555 viewsEastR

Diakite got sent off deliberately so as not to play 10 games and thereby not trigger the buy clause in his contract. FACT
To ensure it would be the case he tried to get sent off again. FACT
When he did play, he excelled in order to put himself in the shop window for other potential suitors. FACT
He only scored against Arsenal so Wenger would sit up, take notice and sign his next Viera. FACT
As he approached the 10 game limit, he invented a bout of man flu to keep him out of the team. FACT
Nancy know he is carrying a mysterious affliction that will crock him any day soon (possibly a la the Muamaba incident - which we shouldn't mind because the national press will want us never to be relegated if that was to happen), and so want to cash in asap. FACT *

*FACT - feck off all conspiracy theorists
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

DIAKITE on 14:36 - May 25 with 1525 viewsJonDoeman

DIAKITE on 13:48 - May 25 by Northernr

The Diakite thread, let's try and keep discussion on this to here.

OK, but we need all the info!

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

DIAKITE on 14:41 - May 25 with 1508 viewsRed_Ranger

I saw Diakite and Wenger holding hands and speaking french in Old Compton St at 3.00am this morning. They looked so in love and I think Arsen was muttering something like " you are the new Viera" .
DIAKITE on 14:43 - May 25 with 1499 viewsbishom

DIAKITE on 08:43 - May 25 by richranger

According to this, he had to play 10 games for the deal to go through automatically - but he only played 9.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/05/25/qpr-close-in-on-midfielde

Can't believe I broke Warburton's article before it was published.
Does this mean I'm "In The Know?"😁

Bishom

DIAKITE on 14:53 - May 25 with 1470 viewsbosh67

Diakite is ours. Can't see this being an issue.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

DIAKITE on 15:10 - May 25 with 1437 viewscheeseydane

Fark me, theres more conspiracy theories here than the Kennedy/Oswald debacle.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

DIAKITE on 15:27 - May 25 with 1413 viewsadhoc_qpr

DIAKITE on 14:53 - May 25 by bosh67

Diakite is ours. Can't see this being an issue.

Except that's not true is it?

Had he played 10 games he basically would have been because of the agreement, although we'd have still had to agree terms with Diakite himself.

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us!
DIAKITE on 15:38 - May 25 with 1394 viewsGloryHunter

DIAKITE on 14:12 - May 25 by HollowayRanger

dont know if it was QPR'S idea or the players but one side or the other certainly looks to have stopped the player playing that 10th game!

i mean a virus a cold? he was out for best part of 3 weeks could easliy have been a sub brought on in final minute just to activate that 10 game clause

smells very fishy!

If he smells fishy it might be a bladder infection . . .
DIAKITE on 16:44 - May 25 with 1331 viewsTacticalR

That's why he needs special shorts.

Air hostess clique

DIAKITE on 17:51 - May 25 with 1275 viewskarlski

the 10 game clause and the mysterious 'virus' that stopped him on 9 do sound rather non-coincidental. I very much hope this goes through because he's class.
DIAKITE on 18:06 - May 25 with 1259 viewsElHoop

DIAKITE on 17:51 - May 25 by karlski

the 10 game clause and the mysterious 'virus' that stopped him on 9 do sound rather non-coincidental. I very much hope this goes through because he's class.

Absolutely. Ask someone to think of a number between 1 and 12. They might think of '9' but it's long odds on that they won't.
DIAKITE on 19:44 - May 25 with 1197 viewsbosh67

DIAKITE on 15:27 - May 25 by adhoc_qpr

Except that's not true is it?

Had he played 10 games he basically would have been because of the agreement, although we'd have still had to agree terms with Diakite himself.

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us!

Trust me. If we want him (which we do) he's ours.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

DIAKITE on 20:16 - May 25 with 1164 viewsBlackCrowe

For god's sake i need some sleep.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024