Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic striker options 13:20 - Jan 7 with 11127 viewsgjc104

Nikica Jelavic
Shane Long
Steven Fletcher

Any others?
Realistic striker options on 16:13 - Jan 7 with 2153 viewsJigsore

Nahki Wells

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Realistic striker options on 16:45 - Jan 7 with 2104 viewsAntti_Heinola

Realistic striker options on 15:56 - Jan 7 by Jamie

i can't work out whether dave is being sarcastic or not, Jamie? ;)
In the meantime, I've heard of this great striker in the German league - Robert Lebowski or something. Might be worth a look.

Bare bones.

Realistic striker options on 16:50 - Jan 7 with 2094 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Realistic striker options on 16:45 - Jan 7 by Antti_Heinola

In the meantime, I've heard of this great striker in the German league - Robert Lebowski or something. Might be worth a look.

"Robert Lebowski"

Big lad, is he?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Realistic striker options on 17:36 - Jan 7 with 2048 viewsMatch82

Realistic striker options on 16:50 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

"Robert Lebowski"

Big lad, is he?

You're out of your element Brian
Realistic striker options on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 2040 viewskarl

Stevie May at St Johnstone.
For next season though as I think he would need time to adapt and obviously we're looking at someone to fire them in straight away.
This season I would think anyone who would be universally accepted is going to cost a packet so it will be up to the board as to the extent of the gamble, I've always thought Defoe on loan would suit both parties but his niggling injuries would concern me.
Realistic striker options on 17:57 - Jan 7 with 2026 viewsBklynRanger

I don't really know who is realistic, but I think the most likely scenario is we wait and wait and fcuk about until the end of the window and wonder how a new forward would have contributed to games against Huddesrfield, Sheff Wed, Bolton and probably even Burnley.
Realistic striker options on 18:08 - Jan 7 with 2012 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Realistic striker options on 17:36 - Jan 7 by Match82

You're out of your element Brian

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Realistic striker options on 18:39 - Jan 7 with 1963 viewsShotKneesHoop

Realistic striker options on 16:13 - Jan 7 by Jigsore

Nahki Wells

His brother Tunbridge is a better bet.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

Realistic striker options on 18:39 - Jan 7 with 1965 viewsichbinnaughty

John Guidetti
Realistic striker options on 19:31 - Jan 7 with 1915 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

That Theo guy from Arsenal like to play upfront. He's out injured for the next 6 months so fits the bill.
Realistic striker options on 19:34 - Jan 7 with 1911 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

I reckon TF is waiting to hear if Newcastle are gonna make an offer for Remy before he spends anything.. so atm a loan striker is more likely, with a move for someone permanently if Newcastle cough up.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Realistic striker options on 19:56 - Jan 7 with 1889 viewsRblockPrior

without a doubt the striker I hope we get is Nahki Wells
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 19:57]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Realistic striker options on 20:02 - Jan 7 with 1876 viewspaulparker

we need proven championship strikers so why not try for the following
Troy Deeney
james Vaughan
nicky maynard
kevin doyle
scott dobie
david mcgoldrick
danny Ings
to get out of the championship you need to stockpile strikers we cant keep relying on Austin the poor lad looks cream crackered

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Realistic striker options on 21:44 - Jan 7 with 1815 viewsWeaverQPR

Wells
Kev Phillips
Dwight Gayle loan?
Matty Fryatt
Maynard

I would stay clear of premier league big names and look for someone with a point to prove

@WeavQPR

Realistic striker options on 21:58 - Jan 7 with 1806 viewsderbyhoop

Realistic, you say. AJ and Zamora it is, then.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Realistic striker options on 22:36 - Jan 7 with 1740 viewsdaveB

Realistic striker options on 16:45 - Jan 7 by Antti_Heinola

only half sarcastic, we do have scouts, not suggesting the set up is great and they may not be looking for the players some people seem to want but we do have them
Realistic striker options on 23:17 - Jan 7 with 1719 viewsjamois

I thought this thread had 'realistic' in the title?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Realistic striker options on 23:31 - Jan 7 with 1700 viewsonlyrinmoray

As much as I would like us to sign a young unknown lower league striker from Europe or League 1 it wont happen Harry will sign one of the names mentioned here
HR would get slagged off if he did, the time to make signings like that is in the summer
I would still like to know what these scouts do ? Remy was well known Even I remember him nearly signing for Stoke a few years ago
Realistic striker options on 23:44 - Jan 7 with 1691 viewsbosh67

Danny Shittu?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Realistic striker options on 23:54 - Jan 7 with 1679 viewsowza

Nahki Wells. Thats it.
Realistic striker options on 01:42 - Jan 8 with 1640 viewskarl

Realistic striker options on 20:02 - Jan 7 by paulparker

we need proven championship strikers so why not try for the following
Troy Deeney
james Vaughan
nicky maynard
kevin doyle
scott dobie
david mcgoldrick
danny Ings
to get out of the championship you need to stockpile strikers we cant keep relying on Austin the poor lad looks cream crackered

Stephen Dobbie you will mean PP? (God forgive you mean ex West Brom and Scotland man Dobie, he was horrific)
Good shout with Dobbie though as he always seems to be on loan at a club who use him to get over the final hurdle of promotion
Realistic striker options on 09:51 - Jan 8 with 1567 viewsSuffolkHoop

David McGoldrick we'll get a good look at this week. My friends who are Ipswich fans are speaking highly of him at the moment so we'll see. Always been mildly impressed with him.
Realistic striker options on 10:02 - Jan 8 with 1557 viewsVUVU

Realistic striker options on 09:51 - Jan 8 by SuffolkHoop

David McGoldrick we'll get a good look at this week. My friends who are Ipswich fans are speaking highly of him at the moment so we'll see. Always been mildly impressed with him.

Wells would get a shout from me!

Bond: "Not until I see Kananga!" Kananga: "Rightttt... (Starts pulling face off)"

Realistic striker options on 10:11 - Jan 8 with 1549 viewsPigbag

Some of the names in this thread are laughable, I don't know who some of our fans think who we are? It's like we are the unofficial 21st premiership team. Established premiership players and league table rivals players will not come to us. Why would Ings leave Burnley for us? Why would Shane Long come to us? The only player I think is a viable option and could do a job is Nakhi Wells but we will only get him if Bradford don't take the mick with his asking price. Defoe's an odd one as Hodgson has still been picking him despite the odd appearances in the Europa league and domestic cups, Hodgson could say to him go get regualr football in the league below and see how he does, can't be any worse than a game a month for Spurs but who knows.
Realistic striker options on 10:32 - Jan 8 with 1538 viewsqprdan

Realistic striker options on 10:11 - Jan 8 by Pigbag

Some of the names in this thread are laughable, I don't know who some of our fans think who we are? It's like we are the unofficial 21st premiership team. Established premiership players and league table rivals players will not come to us. Why would Ings leave Burnley for us? Why would Shane Long come to us? The only player I think is a viable option and could do a job is Nakhi Wells but we will only get him if Bradford don't take the mick with his asking price. Defoe's an odd one as Hodgson has still been picking him despite the odd appearances in the Europa league and domestic cups, Hodgson could say to him go get regualr football in the league below and see how he does, can't be any worse than a game a month for Spurs but who knows.

Defoe looks like he is off to the MLS if the internet is to be believed?, could we loan him back from them straight away?, this would be a good option.

Danny Ings is an interesting one, looks a good player and has plenty of goals in him, has been offered new terms at Burnley but yet to commit whereas Vokes has signed a new deal there. Would a few quid from us be enough for him to come down here?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024