Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic striker options 13:20 - Jan 7 with 11128 viewsgjc104

Nikica Jelavic
Shane Long
Steven Fletcher

Any others?
Realistic striker options on 13:16 - Jan 8 with 1733 viewskingo

Realistic striker options on 10:32 - Jan 8 by qprdan

Defoe looks like he is off to the MLS if the internet is to be believed?, could we loan him back from them straight away?, this would be a good option.

Danny Ings is an interesting one, looks a good player and has plenty of goals in him, has been offered new terms at Burnley but yet to commit whereas Vokes has signed a new deal there. Would a few quid from us be enough for him to come down here?

Ings is very good friends with Charlie, so it is not out of the question. Just depends on what our Charlie has told him about life in the Smoke.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Realistic striker options on 13:20 - Jan 8 with 1726 viewsdaveB

Defoe would be mad to go to the MLS, most clubs outside the top 6 would surely snap him up if they get the chance.

I like the look of Ings but can't see Burnley selling him to us
Realistic striker options on 13:28 - Jan 8 with 1703 viewsdsr_burnley

Realistic striker options on 13:20 - Jan 8 by daveB

Defoe would be mad to go to the MLS, most clubs outside the top 6 would surely snap him up if they get the chance.

Ings is still under contract for 18 months, and Burnley are on course for break-even financially this year. We'll do the same as we did with Rodriguez and Austin, wait until summer when he's got a year left on his contract.

I'm pretty sure that next year he'll be in the Premier League - hopefully for us, possibly for you, who knows? But his next contract will be signed with a Premier club.
Realistic striker options on 13:28 - Jan 8 with 1703 viewsqprdan

I would've agreed with you if they hadn't just tied up Vokes..Money talks, I'm sure they aren't rolling in it up there..
Realistic striker options on 13:30 - Jan 8 with 1701 viewsdaveB

Realistic striker options on 13:28 - Jan 8 by dsr_burnley

Ings is still under contract for 18 months, and Burnley are on course for break-even financially this year. We'll do the same as we did with Rodriguez and Austin, wait until summer when he's got a year left on his contract.

I'm pretty sure that next year he'll be in the Premier League - hopefully for us, possibly for you, who knows? But his next contract will be signed with a Premier club.

I'd go along with that, if Burnley were mid table we'd get him but as they are right in the mix to go up with the wealth that brings they'll hold on a few months
Realistic striker options on 13:39 - Jan 8 with 1687 viewsbaz_qpr

The people who are saying we only need Nahki Wells do realise he is only 5ft 7 if Austin got injured again it would be like having SWP lead the line or Zamora has to play.

IMHO Wells is a nice to have, but if we get him we need one more.

I'd take Crouch over Doyle anyday.

I dont think Jelavic is realistic, I think Crouch is, Cole is, Wickham maybe, Becchio maybe
Realistic striker options on 13:53 - Jan 8 with 1666 viewstraininvain

Danny Graham on loan might be an option if Hull sign Shane Long.

Graham's struggled for goals in recent seasons but he notched plenty in the Championship.
Realistic striker options on 13:56 - Jan 8 with 1656 viewsdaveB

Realistic striker options on 13:39 - Jan 8 by baz_qpr

The people who are saying we only need Nahki Wells do realise he is only 5ft 7 if Austin got injured again it would be like having SWP lead the line or Zamora has to play.

I dont think Jelavic is realistic, I think Crouch is, Cole is, Wickham maybe, Becchio maybe

I'd be surprised if many have actually seen Wells play, I know i haven't
Login to get fewer ads

Realistic striker options on 14:06 - Jan 8 with 1644 viewskingo

I think Wickham would do a very good job for us. I would loe to see us go for Long but think he will stay in the Prem. as I said before the lad at Peterborough (Assambalonga)is worth a look, so is the winger at Orient (Odubajo).
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 14:11]

Realistic striker options on 14:15 - Jan 8 with 1624 viewsDiscodroid

please please please harry..kevin doyle . i emplore you...

and as some other wise R mentioned wickham and becchio.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 14:17]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Realistic striker options on 14:21 - Jan 8 with 1611 viewsNorthernr

Realistic striker options on 13:56 - Jan 8 by daveB

I'd be surprised if many have actually seen Wells play, I know i haven't

Saw him during their cup run and play off games last season and he looked good, but you never know how these players are going to step up. That's the sort of player QPR should be taking chances on though.
Realistic striker options on 14:45 - Jan 8 with 1588 viewsdaveB

Realistic striker options on 14:21 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Saw him during their cup run and play off games last season and he looked good, but you never know how these players are going to step up. That's the sort of player QPR should be taking chances on though.

agree with you in principal and have long thought QPR should have been dominating the transfer market signing up and comers from the football league rather than players on the way down. For me Matt Phillips should have been snapped up when we got promoted rather than SWP but that doesn't fit in with the club policy.

I've not seen anything over than youtube clips of Wells though so no idea if he's worth the sort of money being talked about
Realistic striker options on 14:47 - Jan 8 with 1582 viewsAntti_Heinola

hasn't scored a league goal in 30 games.
He'd be mad NOT to go to the MLS before his thoroughly undeserved reputation nosedives completely. Get out there, score some goals at a low level, live somewhere warm and earn bundles of cash. Why dog about with Stoke for another 2 years?

Bare bones.

Realistic striker options on 14:52 - Jan 8 with 1577 viewsdaveB

Realistic striker options on 14:47 - Jan 8 by Antti_Heinola

hasn't scored a league goal in 30 games.
He'd be mad NOT to go to the MLS before his thoroughly undeserved reputation nosedives completely. Get out there, score some goals at a low level, live somewhere warm and earn bundles of cash. Why dog about with Stoke for another 2 years?

how many of those 30 games were starts though, he's got about 10 goals in the cups this season
Realistic striker options on 15:20 - Jan 8 with 1544 viewsSuffolkHoop

Realistic striker options on 14:15 - Jan 8 by Discodroid

please please please harry..kevin doyle . i emplore you...

and as some other wise R mentioned wickham and becchio.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 14:17]

Not Bechhio he's crap, always has been.
Realistic striker options on 15:41 - Jan 8 with 1516 viewsJamie

Realistic striker options on 14:52 - Jan 8 by daveB

how many of those 30 games were starts though, he's got about 10 goals in the cups this season

He's got 8 in the Europa League against the likes of Fc Sherriff & Dinamo Tblisi.

If he's going to use them as his claim to the WC, he'd be better off in MLS scoring freely against some decent sides.
Realistic striker options on 21:45 - Jan 8 with 1411 viewsonlyrinmoray

Cross Defoe off the list then hes off to Toronto is our man Ryan still in charge ?
Realistic striker options on 22:05 - Jan 8 with 1382 viewsShotKneesHoop

"SWP leading the line" - that's beyond my powers of imagining the sight of it happening - even as a cartoon.

Truly a Doomsday vision, but Big Sam might think it's OK.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Realistic striker options on 10:28 - Jan 9 with 1329 viewssimmo

Burnley, second in the Championship table, are preparing an offer in excess of £1.25m for Bradford City striker Nahki Wells, reports the Lancashire Telegraph.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Realistic striker options on 10:37 - Jan 9 with 1322 viewskingo

Realistic striker options on 10:28 - Jan 9 by simmo

Burnley, second in the Championship table, are preparing an offer in excess of £1.25m for Bradford City striker Nahki Wells, reports the Lancashire Telegraph.

Plus they are also bidding for Ashley Barnes at Brighton. They are either really trying to strengthen or linning up a replacement for Ings.

Realistic striker options on 10:45 - Jan 9 with 1313 viewslave16

Realistic striker options on 10:37 - Jan 9 by kingo

Plus they are also bidding for Ashley Barnes at Brighton. They are either really trying to strengthen or linning up a replacement for Ings.

wickham or doyle would be good...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Realistic striker options on 11:02 - Jan 9 with 1299 viewskingo

Brighton now saying that bid for barnes from Burnley has been accepted. So if they have also bid for Wells then something is going on.

Realistic striker options on 11:36 - Jan 9 with 1265 viewswhittocksRs

Realistic striker options on 11:02 - Jan 9 by kingo

Brighton now saying that bid for barnes from Burnley has been accepted. So if they have also bid for Wells then something is going on.

Looks like they're both strengthening and preparing for life after Ings. Sensible, well-thought out management, the sort of thing QPR have never done.

You just know we're going to give Carlton Cole a contract and then find out he's just not very good, leaving us with another 30+ player with no sell-on value to fill the ranks.
Realistic striker options on 12:14 - Jan 9 with 1247 viewsJonDoeman

Realistic striker options on 10:28 - Jan 9 by simmo

Thought they turned down a 2 mill offer the other day?

It Is What It Is !!

Realistic striker options on 12:23 - Jan 9 with 1237 viewsDANRANGER

Realistic striker options on 10:45 - Jan 9 by lave16

wickham or doyle would be good...

Agree with this. Maybe even both unless Zamora/Johnson can actually make an impact. Wickham has ability and didn't reach the heights expected of him but at the right price is a good option. No point spending big on Rhodes, good player but Blackburn overpaid for him and unless he's unhappy have no reason to sell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024