Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? 13:23 - Feb 9 with 16624 viewsWorkingClassHero

I was just wondering how you feel about losing Brendan Rodgers? He is a world class manager and has got the Kop dreaming again.

Obviously he wanted to move to a bigger club, why do many Swans begrudge him that? LFC are playing the best football in the league, thanks to Brendan.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:24 - Feb 9 with 5693 viewsDarran

Lovely fella and the best manager we've ever had.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:25 - Feb 9 with 5681 viewsexiledclaseboy

Excellent manager, great for us, doing a good job at Liverpool. Gutted at the time, well over it now.

Poll: Tory leader

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:26 - Feb 9 with 5651 viewsepaul

Triffic

fuk im

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:27 - Feb 9 with 5648 viewsjandyt

Nice to see you copying us- I remember a time when Liverpool were able to develop their own top class managers. Good luck to Brendan though, he did well for us.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:27 - Feb 9 with 5646 viewsDr_Winston

Wow. These Liverbirds are singing a different tune to last season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:28 - Feb 9 with 5626 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Worked miracles in his two years here.

The £20 Million for him and Joe Allen eased the pain.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:28 - Feb 9 with 5619 viewsJackfath

Why do they all talk like they've got speech impediments?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:29 - Feb 9 with 5617 viewsLohengrin

I doubt many down here begrudge him anything.

He's got a lot to thank Swansea for. Huw Jenkins and the board saw his potential where others had perhaps written him off. He was good for us, yes, but we were VERY good for him. Let's not forget.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:30 - Feb 9 with 5608 viewsNeiltheTaylor

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:27 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

Wow. These Liverbirds are singing a different tune to last season.

Nah, there was that m1nge on here banging on about how they robbed us blind over Joey Allen. He went quiet after a while though.

Strange that someone should think of us after their game yesterday, when Rodgers has been their manager almost as long as he was ours? Kopites are a strange bunch really.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:30 - Feb 9 with 5607 viewsWorkingClassHero

Going fron Rodgers to Gary Monk in 18 months is a sad state of affairs for Swansea. Hopefully you can stay up and finish above Cardiff.

I know a few deluded Swans who though Laudrup was better than Rodgers.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:31 - Feb 9 with 5587 viewsWarwickHunt

For what it's worth he went with most people's blessing, although many of us (myself included) thought it might have been a bit too early in his career.

Nice fella, good manager. He could use a scriptwriter though - I'm a bit bored with current version of Brendan Bingo.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:33 - Feb 9 with 5558 viewsLohengrin

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:30 - Feb 9 by WorkingClassHero

Going fron Rodgers to Gary Monk in 18 months is a sad state of affairs for Swansea. Hopefully you can stay up and finish above Cardiff.

Garry Monk will surprise a lot of people, I think. Although having heard an interview with Rodgers it would come as no surprise to him if Monk does well. It's early days yet I know but he looks the part, talks the part and delivers.

Huw strikes again.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:33 - Feb 9 with 5553 viewsWorkingClassHero

Joe Allen was a snip at £15m. Much better than Jonjo.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:34 - Feb 9 with 5536 viewsWorkingClassHero

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:33 - Feb 9 by Lohengrin

Garry Monk will surprise a lot of people, I think. Although having heard an interview with Rodgers it would come as no surprise to him if Monk does well. It's early days yet I know but he looks the part, talks the part and delivers.

Huw strikes again.

You should have made Bergkamp manager
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:35 - Feb 9 with 5532 viewsZut_Alors

Pleased to see him doing well. I felt worse about him taking Allen than I did seeing him leave. Looking back now, the Allen money gave us a great platform to build on.

It's a testament to Rodger's managerial ability that the squad we comfortably survived with looks vastly poorer, at least on paper, than our current one which is battling relegation. He does talk a lot of rubbish, but the players speak very highly of him, and he's managed you guys with much more class than Kenny did — he lost a lot of respect from me for the way he managed the Suarez business.

Our board have shown that they can appoint well, seeing managers poached from us means that we're getting results. Would be great to see us keep one for more than two seasons, and perhaps Garry Monk is the one.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:35 - Feb 9 with 5526 viewsLohengrin

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:33 - Feb 9 by WorkingClassHero

Hello I've come for an argument.

No you haven't.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:37 - Feb 9 with 5502 viewsWarwickHunt

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:33 - Feb 9 by WorkingClassHero

Probably a snip when compared to the millions you spaffed on other sh1te players.

Bored now. F*ck off, there's a good lad.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 13:37]
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:37 - Feb 9 with 5495 viewsUplandsJack

Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell...But we only paid £5 mil for Jonjo.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:38 - Feb 9 with 5486 viewsWorkingClassHero

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:37 - Feb 9 by WarwickHunt

Probably a snip when compared to the millions you spaffed on other sh1te players.

Bored now. F*ck off, there's a good lad.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 13:37]

No need for that lad
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:39 - Feb 9 with 5460 viewsmonmouth

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:30 - Feb 9 by WorkingClassHero

Well it's what your entire support was saying last season. Whilst you're on, remind me what Brentan has ever won again. I'll be fair, manager or player will do. Thanks for coming.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:40 - Feb 9 with 5452 viewsLiam12345

don't think many people don't like him. Good manager who is doing well good for him and good luck to him no problem with him.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:40 - Feb 9 with 5445 viewsWorkingClassHero

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:39 - Feb 9 by monmouth

Well it's what your entire support was saying last season. Whilst you're on, remind me what Brentan has ever won again. I'll be fair, manager or player will do. Thanks for coming.

Only the bellends who have never been to Anfield were saying that. Just like Pochettino was flavour of the month for a few weeks this season.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:43 - Feb 9 with 5417 viewsC_jack

More annoyed in losing a world class assistant such as Colin Pascoe.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:43 - Feb 9 with 5413 viewsUplandsJack

To be fair BR has evolved as a manager in the last year... His first 6 months or so for you were like watching a poor Swans side trying to play... Again with no plan B.
But I must confess he seems to have tweaked it and made changes and now you are looking more like the Liverpool of the 70's and early 80's. Whether he takes you all the way to the top remains to be seen, but fair play, good luck to him apart from when we play you of course....
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:44 - Feb 9 with 5407 viewssnork44

Now let's get this right this is the same Joe Allen that you lot called 'The worst signing in the history of Liverpool FC and the that you didn't want anymore of Rodger's Swansea rejects' ! If you lot want get rid of Borini, then I am sure we'll slum it with a Swansea reject!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024