Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker transfer would really excite me 16:06 - Jul 9 with 5932 viewschris1969

Got to get this one over the line...........22yr old captain has been voted young player of the season everywhere he has played even when on loan. If we are planning on staying in the premiership this would be a great long term signing and possible future England captain.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:11 - Jul 9 with 4121 viewsTopCat34

Agreed. I think a Caulker Rio partnership could be fantastic. However, the reality is that if 'Arry says they are close to being done, they are probably further away than ever.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:13 - Jul 9 with 4106 viewsTacticalR

We all need some excitement in our lives.

Air hostess clique

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:13 - Jul 9 with 4106 viewssimmo

Whilst I agree that Caulker would be fantastic (I doubt it would happen though), I don't know why everyone is keen to see him partnered with Rio (again IF this happens) and leave out Nedum.

Let's not forget who got us to the Premiership in the first place... THese players deserve the chance to see if they can step up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:20 - Jul 9 with 4052 viewsWeaverQPR

Not seen anything to suggest he actually wants to come to us

@WeavQPR

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:22 - Jul 9 with 4046 viewschris1969

I would also be looking at some of the young english players from League 1 and 2 like Adam Forshaw (Brentford) and Scott Hogan (Rochdale) decent young midfielders. Not sure what it would have taken to get Bryson from Derby but think we missed out on that one.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:24 - Jul 9 with 4030 viewsSpiritofGregory

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:13 - Jul 9 by simmo

Whilst I agree that Caulker would be fantastic (I doubt it would happen though), I don't know why everyone is keen to see him partnered with Rio (again IF this happens) and leave out Nedum.

Let's not forget who got us to the Premiership in the first place... THese players deserve the chance to see if they can step up.

You obviously didn't see Nedum play when we were in the Premier League.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:27 - Jul 9 with 4009 viewsTonto

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:24 - Jul 9 by SpiritofGregory

where he mostly played at right back? that isnt his postion.

When he played at CB he was quite good...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:51 - Jul 9 with 3921 viewslave16

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:27 - Jul 9 by Tonto

where he mostly played at right back? that isnt his postion.

When he played at CB he was quite good...

I would like to see Caulker beside Dunne personally with Simpson and Yun as right and left back. I do not think we need Ferdinands "experience". I think Dunne was fantastic at the start of last season but when the 2 games a week caught up with him he found it difficult although he was immense in the play off final...
I think there is always a moment in a match where Onhua loses concentration and misplaces a pass or something i.e it was his pass that let to O'neil getting sent off. I also think it would be better to phaze in the young Scottish lad signed last year than to sign ferdinand

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Login to get fewer ads

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:02 - Jul 9 with 3876 viewssimmo

I did actually. He played in a shit team, devoid of spirit, work ethic, commitment and surrounded by mercenary cnts of the highest order. He had just made a move, from his boyhood club, where he had spent most of his career. He lost his mum who he was extremely close to and was played reguarly at RB, which is not his position.

I was also around for the whole of this season, watching him play in his actual position where he dominated in the air, covered his slower CB partners and sheperded balls out of play like it was a hobby.

He's also got a brilliant attitude and is a great age.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:05 - Jul 9 with 3860 viewsCFW

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 16:51 - Jul 9 by lave16

I would like to see Caulker beside Dunne personally with Simpson and Yun as right and left back. I do not think we need Ferdinands "experience". I think Dunne was fantastic at the start of last season but when the 2 games a week caught up with him he found it difficult although he was immense in the play off final...
I think there is always a moment in a match where Onhua loses concentration and misplaces a pass or something i.e it was his pass that let to O'neil getting sent off. I also think it would be better to phaze in the young Scottish lad signed last year than to sign ferdinand

I would be very happy for Caulker to join us but not sure this will happen. Looking back last year our defending especially from corners was awful and we need to get that sorted. Have to say think Rio has been very good on the BBC world cup panel and think he could bring a lot to the party. We all know his best days are behind him but Caulker and Ned could learn a lot from him and Dunne and help the whole team. Strikes me as the kind of bloke that would give his all every time he played cant ask any more from a player.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:09 - Jul 9 with 3837 viewskysersosaqpr

+1
With rio, nedum, traore and clint as back up for we would have premier quality squad to rotate at back.
Wide players and sitters in front of back four ok - But need an engine and flair in midfield.
Very sparse up front - would love to keep Remy

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:12 - Jul 9 with 3823 viewschris1969

Dunne does not have a full season left in him and Rio does not either, do not see any harm in these 2 being in and around the 1st team. Plenty of room for Caulker and Ned as well, would imagine they would possibly be the 1st choice pairing by the end of the season if things work out.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:13 - Jul 9 with 3821 viewspaesanu

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:02 - Jul 9 by simmo

I did actually. He played in a shit team, devoid of spirit, work ethic, commitment and surrounded by mercenary cnts of the highest order. He had just made a move, from his boyhood club, where he had spent most of his career. He lost his mum who he was extremely close to and was played reguarly at RB, which is not his position.

I was also around for the whole of this season, watching him play in his actual position where he dominated in the air, covered his slower CB partners and sheperded balls out of play like it was a hobby.

Nail on head.

Also recall his interview on the QPR podcast, never realised what an articulate guy he is.

Look forward to Ned stepping up to Premiership CB credentials.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:15 - Jul 9 with 3819 viewsadhoc_qpr

I just think that Caulker will get a better offer than us and is in no hurry to commit until he's seen all his options.

Would be a good signing though and Caulker, Onouha and Dunne (plus maybe Rio) has a good mix of attributes to form a solid enough defence.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:21 - Jul 9 with 3796 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good response mate.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:22 - Jul 9 with 3795 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dunne will get battered next season.

Bare bones.

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 18:23 - Jul 9 with 3651 viewseghamranger

All I keep hearing is ex Harry boy from Feltham.... Nothing to brag about and wouldn't live there
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 22:58 - Jul 9 with 3446 viewsWeaverQPR

Caulker wants Liverpool not us or palace. Time to move on

@WeavQPR

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 22:58 - Jul 9 with 3449 viewsTW_R

Lol. You still going on about that? You don't know when to quit do you? Nedum has already proved you to be completely wrong, but instead of eating humble pie and holding your hands up and admitting you were wrong, you keep bringing up the time he played in a shite team in the wrong position.

I've got an idea. Why don't you get behind the team and support our players for a change. You know, like most supporters do.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 23:51 - Jul 9 with 3370 viewsSpiritofGregory

He
still shouldn't be in the first 11, don't think he is sharp or canny enough, his distribution can also be poor - remember the playoff final.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 23:57 - Jul 9 with 3347 viewsIrishR

The delay in a decision from Caulker makes me doubt this will go through. Seems like hes waiting for a better offer and if thats the case we need to move on. Transfer situation should be.

Make offer and get accepted
agree terms with the player and give 3 days to make a decision.
doesnt meet the deadline withdraw the offer and move on.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 00:02 - Jul 10 with 3335 viewsSpiritofGregory

We need to start giving these players deadlines, we are the ones with the money offering premier league football. This is why having a decent scouting system is so important, we should have lists of targets in each position. Need to stop allowing players and agents to give us the run around. In relation to Rio, why do we have to wait can't someone fly over with the contract, a camera and hooped top and sort it out. Other clubs seem to sign players with ease.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 00:52 - Jul 10 with 3266 viewsLoft1979

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 17:12 - Jul 9 by chris1969

Dunne does not have a full season left in him and Rio does not either, do not see any harm in these 2 being in and around the 1st team. Plenty of room for Caulker and Ned as well, would imagine they would possibly be the 1st choice pairing by the end of the season if things work out.

That. +1
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 00:54 - Jul 10 with 3265 viewsSomersetHoops

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 00:02 - Jul 10 by SpiritofGregory

We need to start giving these players deadlines, we are the ones with the money offering premier league football. This is why having a decent scouting system is so important, we should have lists of targets in each position. Need to stop allowing players and agents to give us the run around. In relation to Rio, why do we have to wait can't someone fly over with the contract, a camera and hooped top and sort it out. Other clubs seem to sign players with ease.

I sometimes think Harry makes public the names of players we have little chance of getting, so he can deflect blame from him if it all goes wrong, when he can say we would have been higher up the league if only I was allowed to bring in so and so. I suppose if our scouts have found any players who will be really good it would be a good idea to keep it quiet until they've signed. Not that I have much confidence that is the case.

Who's Next?

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 03:09 - Jul 10 with 3232 viewstimcocking

I see this as a potentially pivotal transfer. If we sign him, i'll be feeling so much more confident, but i fear it might not work out. He's obviously (unsurprisingly) not too keen on the move. Caulker and Chief/Rio would be quality imo.

One thing is for sure, we need several good signings; we're nowhere near a squad capable of staying up at the moment now everybody has left or is leaving. Have we even got 11 decent players? We have one striker, assuming that pr!ck Remy escapes, no left back, no holding midfielder, one centre back unless Dunne and Clint Hill can hang in there another year, and the clock is ticking inexorably onwards.

The trouble is, after the shambles last time and our training facilities etc., you can see why players would think of QPR as a last resort...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024