Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday 21:02 - Nov 29 with 1883 viewsmfb_cufc

The popular one all draw came to the fore this week, as Burnley's late equalizer was a saviour for the eleven who correctly made this the weeks most predicted result. Six members predicted the same score for the Stevenage game, and with two also having the Swansea one all as well, this was the score to go for this week. GSY163 had the Burnley and Stevenage ones, and by also being the only one to get West Ham's 1-0, and two other outcomes, this enabled him to get the weeks top score of 11. Those 11 points were enough to put him to the top of Division One. Former leader THENET was back to form with a good 8 points, but has to settle for the other automatic spot. Not much change in the rest of the division, though by getting two more spot-on BLUENWIGHTEXILE moves up three places, to be within a point of the play-offs. Despite not predicting for the fourth time this season, SARBOY still remains in contention for the play-offs. At the bottom BLUE4U2 and GERRY_US swap places yet again.
In the Premier MRHAPPY extends his lead at the top to 7 points. Reigning champ GATE16 ended his recent barren spell, by getting an impressive 9 points, and is now only kept out of the last Charity Shield spot, by virtue of the first to post rule. Lower down the division a welcome two spot-on for WESSEX_EXILE, to help ease his relegation worries. We are still not half way through the season, but BARSIDEPETE and COOMSTER have a mountain to climb to avoid the drop.
With only four weeks left to the Boxing day games, and the cut off point for Champions League qualification, the eleventh spot is now held by THRILLSEEKER with 63 points. But with eight others within 7 points of this score, it looks like going to the wire.

THE TABLES (116 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers & then the first to post)

Week 17

BLACKPOOL v BIRMINGHAM
HUDDERSFIELD v BRENTFORD
MILLWALL v MIDDLESBROUGH
WIGAN v NORWICH
WOLVES v BOURNEMOUTH
EXETER V BURTON

Good luck everybody.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 12:00]

mfb

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 15:46 - Dec 6 with 387 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 15:33 - Dec 6 by TheNet

Oops have I not posted!?!

Do I get the default predictions - whatever they are?

TheNet

Default predictions were eliminated during my tenure, so you may be out of luck this go-round. In that case Sarboy should have been afforded that courtesy over two weeks. I'm sure in his push toward a playoff seed he'd appreciate that, retroactively.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 16:54 - Dec 6 with 371 viewsRSCOSWORTH

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 12:14 - Dec 6 by RSCOSWORTH

Week 17

BLACKPOOL v BIRMINGHAM 1-2
HUDDERSFIELD v BRENTFORD 1-2
MILLWALL v MIDDLESBROUGH 1-3
WIGAN v NORWICH 1-1
WOLVES v BOURNEMOUTH 1-1
EXETER V BURTON 1-2

Some easier games to predict this week...wonder why that is?

Probably shouldn't have said anything! One point!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:02 - Dec 6 with 368 viewsmrhappy

Only if you asked in advance my old son.

Rule 784
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 17:09]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:04 - Dec 6 with 366 viewsmrhappy

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 16:54 - Dec 6 by RSCOSWORTH

Probably shouldn't have said anything! One point!

Whingers always get egg on face.

This league is not Mickey Mouse its for men.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 17:56]

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 18:57 - Dec 6 with 337 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:04 - Dec 6 by mrhappy

I got six points, what a shock;)

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 18:57 - Dec 6 with 337 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 15:33 - Dec 6 by TheNet

Oops have I not posted!?!

Do I get the default predictions - whatever they are?

TheNet

You did post your predictions, 19.00 on December 1st. Panic over.

mfb

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 19:10 - Dec 6 with 334 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 12:14 - Dec 6 by RSCOSWORTH

Week 17

BLACKPOOL v BIRMINGHAM 1-2
HUDDERSFIELD v BRENTFORD 1-2
MILLWALL v MIDDLESBROUGH 1-3
WIGAN v NORWICH 1-1
WOLVES v BOURNEMOUTH 1-1
EXETER V BURTON 1-2

Some easier games to predict this week...wonder why that is?

The fixtures were selected in the usual way. So please don't think your whinging that they are too tough had any influence.

mfb

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 03:14 - Dec 7 with 306 viewsRSCOSWORTH

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 19:10 - Dec 6 by mfb_cufc

The fixtures were selected in the usual way. So please don't think your whinging that they are too tough had any influence.

When exactly did I whinge? I just made an observation and then you and happy started crying like a couple of schoolgirls! But it seems my point was taken on board. Usual way? Do you use somekind of formula then? If so then I'm surprised it threw up Millwall V Middlesbrough. Oh and when you and happy have got over yourselves please change my username to what it actually is, thanks.

Login to get fewer ads

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 11:05 - Dec 7 with 301 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 03:14 - Dec 7 by RSCOSWORTH

When exactly did I whinge? I just made an observation and then you and happy started crying like a couple of schoolgirls! But it seems my point was taken on board. Usual way? Do you use somekind of formula then? If so then I'm surprised it threw up Millwall V Middlesbrough. Oh and when you and happy have got over yourselves please change my username to what it actually is, thanks.

When did you whinge. You are the only person in the history of the Happy League to make a comment that the fixtures are tough to predict, and you might as well get your wife or cat to make your selections. You might call that an observation, I take it as a whinge. Exactly what have I done to "cry like a schoolgirl"? This is mrhappy's league, and if he wants to change anything, then he can, and he did. My usual way to pick the fixtures is to look for the ones that are toughest to predict. I thought you knew that, going by your comments on the matter. This week was not so easy to find six tough games, so as I said I didn't cave in to you demands. By the way Middlesbrough were odds against to win that game, so hardly what you would call a "gimme".

mfb

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 12:54 - Dec 7 with 297 viewsRSCOSWORTH

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:04 - Dec 6 by mrhappy

What's that? Another post relating to your self titled prediction league? Exactly how much does your ego need massaging? Do you ever post about anything else? Last time I looked this was a Col U fan site not the Mr Happy self appreciation site.

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 13:05 - Dec 7 with 296 viewsRSCOSWORTH

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 11:05 - Dec 7 by mfb_cufc

When did you whinge. You are the only person in the history of the Happy League to make a comment that the fixtures are tough to predict, and you might as well get your wife or cat to make your selections. You might call that an observation, I take it as a whinge. Exactly what have I done to "cry like a schoolgirl"? This is mrhappy's league, and if he wants to change anything, then he can, and he did. My usual way to pick the fixtures is to look for the ones that are toughest to predict. I thought you knew that, going by your comments on the matter. This week was not so easy to find six tough games, so as I said I didn't cave in to you demands. By the way Middlesbrough were odds against to win that game, so hardly what you would call a "gimme".

I made one comment but then you threw your toys out of your pram and then happy waded in. I know happy runs the prediction league as he sees fit, this was very evident in this year's cup competition. Seems like you two are enjoying somekind of mutual love-in at the moment so I think I'm going to leave you to it.

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 15:43 - Dec 7 with 290 viewsmrhappy

I find it so amusing - to coin Sinatra. lol.

Just to let you know RC I have been running this league for a very long time - not 5 minutes.

It has been built up over the years from just 6 players - so have some respect.

We don't beg people to take part and never have done.

as i said before and as you will realise - we don't take kindly to intimidation or what I see as jealous outbursts.

I have earned my stripes.

When you have made your mark - maybe we can blow your trumpet.

BUT, until then........ME, the famous MR HAPPY marches on,

I say this in all humility lol.

JUST watch as I look to lift my first HAPPY crown in 12 attempts..........

I hope you manage to make the play-offs this year, it would be a good start.

shalom x

PS: my super admin man MFB is second in table and is our greatest ever player - I feel privileged to be ahead of him....funny that me and him 1 and 2...mmmm
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 15:46]

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 16:13 - Dec 7 with 281 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 15:43 - Dec 7 by mrhappy

I find it so amusing - to coin Sinatra. lol.

Just to let you know RC I have been running this league for a very long time - not 5 minutes.

It has been built up over the years from just 6 players - so have some respect.

We don't beg people to take part and never have done.

as i said before and as you will realise - we don't take kindly to intimidation or what I see as jealous outbursts.

I have earned my stripes.

When you have made your mark - maybe we can blow your trumpet.

BUT, until then........ME, the famous MR HAPPY marches on,

I say this in all humility lol.

JUST watch as I look to lift my first HAPPY crown in 12 attempts..........

I hope you manage to make the play-offs this year, it would be a good start.

shalom x

PS: my super admin man MFB is second in table and is our greatest ever player - I feel privileged to be ahead of him....funny that me and him 1 and 2...mmmm
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 15:46]

Can you blokes stop?

RS is one of the legends of the NFL PL and it took some arm-twisting to convince him to join the Happy/Grumpy last season.

He's not exactly embarrassing himself in either. Can we move on, Happy? You said so in another post.

Onward, mates.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 16:14]

12th Happy League Week 17 (of 38) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 16:27 - Dec 7 with 278 viewsmrhappy

I'm mucking about mate x

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024