Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sousa 19:48 - Feb 18 with 2718 viewstoreqpr

What do my eyes see,our former boss managing Basel in CL.Most people get better after us!
sousa on 20:10 - Feb 18 with 2680 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he gets results but Jesus that football was boring.
sousa on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 2665 viewshopphoops

he was in the Swiss free papers this morning denouncing timourous defensive football, the cheeky scamp.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

sousa on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 2665 viewshopphoops

he was in the Swiss free papers this morning denouncing timorous defensive football, the cheeky scamp.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

sousa on 20:24 - Feb 18 with 2644 viewsAntti_Heinola

sousa on 20:10 - Feb 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he gets results but Jesus that football was boring.

To be fair to Sousa, he had very little option with the players he had - we basically had no forwards - wasn't it under him that Dex was forcibly sold?
Always felt he was building a base that could have been built on - but we'll never know. Doing a good job at Basel it seems.

Bare bones.

sousa on 20:52 - Feb 18 with 2589 viewsclassof93

Thought he was a good manager. Didn't have the squad that Warnock had. Was very popular with the players by all accounts. Forced out by Paldnini and his people who didn't like him.
sousa on 22:07 - Feb 18 with 2497 viewssevenhoop

sousa on 20:10 - Feb 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

At las,t someone speaking sensibly and not thru a rose tinted mouth. He played shocking, boring, uninspired football and the great love-in that normally spouts from Rangers fans' mouths leaves me speechless every time I hear/read it. I remember (if my memory doesn't fail me) one turgid unambitious performance at Palace which exemplified his negative approach.
sousa on 23:07 - Feb 18 with 2417 viewsclassof93

sousa on 22:07 - Feb 18 by sevenhoop

At las,t someone speaking sensibly and not thru a rose tinted mouth. He played shocking, boring, uninspired football and the great love-in that normally spouts from Rangers fans' mouths leaves me speechless every time I hear/read it. I remember (if my memory doesn't fail me) one turgid unambitious performance at Palace which exemplified his negative approach.

To be fair he had to work with the likes of Di Carmine, German, an injured Lee Cook, Blackstock loaned out without his knowledge, flavio interference.....it wax only when the board stepped back under warnock that promotion was achieved
sousa on 23:17 - Feb 18 with 2402 viewsNorthernr

However well or badly he did, he was sacked here because he had no time for Paladini, Paladini's puppet parade, and all the weird and wonderful deals we did at the time, so Paladini (who'd picked Dowie before him) was briefing against him the whole time. You see it on the Four Year Plan, Paladini in Flavio's ear the whole time about Sousa. Appointing a manager in November and bombing him out in April is ludicrous.

As said, he was also trying to pick an attack with Di Carmine and Blackstock (who's nowhere near as good as QPR fans make out) and not a lot else. Vine, Ephraim and others are all over Twitter all the time talking about how great he was and how stupid QPR were for getting rid.

But that said, look what he did at Leicester and Swansea after us. Same dreary dull football with lots of 0-0. Swansea needed a home win against relegation threatened Doncaster on the last day to get in the play-offs and drew 0-0 which was their seventh of the season I believe.
Login to get fewer ads

sousa on 10:53 - Feb 19 with 2223 viewsgigiisourgod

sousa on 23:17 - Feb 18 by Northernr

However well or badly he did, he was sacked here because he had no time for Paladini, Paladini's puppet parade, and all the weird and wonderful deals we did at the time, so Paladini (who'd picked Dowie before him) was briefing against him the whole time. You see it on the Four Year Plan, Paladini in Flavio's ear the whole time about Sousa. Appointing a manager in November and bombing him out in April is ludicrous.

As said, he was also trying to pick an attack with Di Carmine and Blackstock (who's nowhere near as good as QPR fans make out) and not a lot else. Vine, Ephraim and others are all over Twitter all the time talking about how great he was and how stupid QPR were for getting rid.

But that said, look what he did at Leicester and Swansea after us. Same dreary dull football with lots of 0-0. Swansea needed a home win against relegation threatened Doncaster on the last day to get in the play-offs and drew 0-0 which was their seventh of the season I believe.

Certainly got the best football out of Ephraim. Adel and Hogan played some lovely stuff. Defensively very sound, excellent coach and given time I'm sure he could have built something very decent at Loftus Rd. Although we were painfully boring with that crystal palace and I think Watford tested everyone's patience esp with the sky high ticket prices at the time.
sousa on 10:59 - Feb 19 with 2206 viewsbaz_qpr

sousa on 23:17 - Feb 18 by Northernr

There is an argument that he took Martinez team and taught them to defend and Rodgers then reaped the benefit of that
sousa on 11:06 - Feb 19 with 2193 viewshopphoops

Basel yesterday scored after 11 minutes and after that had no shots or corners.

"estacionamos o autocarro"

sousa on 14:07 - Feb 19 with 2098 viewsQPunkR

Awful, awful football under him. Felt like renouncing my ST! One short step up from PHart I feel.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024