Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In game management 19:41 - Aug 15 with 10043 viewsbaz_qpr

Really poor, wrong subs at the wrong time.

That game should have finished with Chery Austin Polter and Faurlin on the pitch and we would have easily won it. Midfield was weak, we lacked leaders and failed to retain the ball.

The two Swindon lads, Jet, Doughty, Perch looked league one players. Polter looks very raw and Konchesky reminded me of Luke Young a player that having lost his pace ends up being more of a liability

Positives were Chery, Phillips when he decided to play after 30 minutes Chery who looks a very good player and the two centre halves.

Take Phillips and Austin out and I really fear for us.

The system does not suit Austin either and this is why he is not been snapped up yet.

Ramsey desperately needs an experienced head next to him in that dugout who is going to advise and question these decisions. He desperately needed that win and we threw it away.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2015 19:44]
In game management on 19:49 - Aug 15 with 5225 viewspaulparker

Totally agree

Ramsey is out of his depth big time, never in a million years should he have been given this job
shocking subs, Doherty for chery just sums this prat up ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

In game management on 19:56 - Aug 15 with 5183 viewseghamranger

Think Chery looked good and Doughty. Ned and Clint steady. Everyone else was poor. Jet looks too big, full backs slow, wrong system. Got to be 442. Let Green move on,

Wrong decision to get rid of Barton and keep Henry. Gladwin looks out of his depth.

Long season ahead
In game management on 20:00 - Aug 15 with 4991 viewsSpiritofGregory

In game management on 19:49 - Aug 15 by paulparker

Totally agree

Ramsey is out of his depth big time, never in a million years should he have been given this job
shocking subs, Doherty for chery just sums this prat up ,

I agree in regards to the guys from Swindon, JET and Perch, they are average players. Ramsey needs to step up, that team has no structure.
In game management on 20:04 - Aug 15 with 4959 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In game management on 19:56 - Aug 15 by eghamranger

Think Chery looked good and Doughty. Ned and Clint steady. Everyone else was poor. Jet looks too big, full backs slow, wrong system. Got to be 442. Let Green move on,

Wrong decision to get rid of Barton and keep Henry. Gladwin looks out of his depth.

Long season ahead

"Wrong decision to get rid of Barton and keep Henry".

The decision to let Joey go was purely a financial one and the right call. However Henry never was, is not and never will be the answer.
In game management on 20:04 - Aug 15 with 4952 viewsSomersetR

It seemed to me when we had the ball it was always looking for the killer pass, even at 2 up when we should have slowed the game down and controlled it. Totally agree with you that Faurlin should have come on. He can pick out a pass but he is more of a controller in the midfield.
In game management on 20:05 - Aug 15 with 4941 viewsFloridaR

I don't think Ramseys too good at fitness and he needs to focus on getting the defence to play out of the back.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

In game management on 20:07 - Aug 15 with 4894 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In game management on 20:00 - Aug 15 by SpiritofGregory

I agree in regards to the guys from Swindon, JET and Perch, they are average players. Ramsey needs to step up, that team has no structure.

Trouble is I don't think Ramsey is capable.
In game management on 20:13 - Aug 15 with 4842 viewsSpiritofGregory

In game management on 20:07 - Aug 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Trouble is I don't think Ramsey is capable.

I agree. Unfortunately we are stuck with him.
Login to get fewer ads

In game management on 20:13 - Aug 15 with 4845 viewsted_hendrix

His Premier League management CV when he was appointed last season amounted to a blank page, he was brought in to take over from the mess that the other useless con man left us in.
His Championship CV amounts to a blank page too so you have to ask yourself why is he in charge?
I couldn't possibly comment on the game as I didn't go today but reading various reports we scored twice against the run of play and our second goal looked dodgy anyway!
The way I see it is any team that throws away a two goal lead at home has an awful lot of work today, in my book that's almost a crime.

Two league games and only one point in the bank doesn't fill me with much hope.

Like I said I want the bloke to do well but he doesn't have the experience behind him to do well, that's what worries me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

In game management on 20:15 - Aug 15 with 4819 viewsNW5Hoop

In game management on 19:56 - Aug 15 by eghamranger

Long season ahead

They couldn't get rid of Henry - he was the one who could break or renew the contract, not the club (that's not Ramsey's fault. That's Our Glorious Leader and his previous appointments).

As for the rest …
Chery must surely have been injured or at least out of puff, because he was the best player on the pitch by a mile (once they realised he wasn't Zamora and stopped hoofing it long to him). To take him off at 55 for tactical reasons would have been madness. Please let it not have been madness.

Defence still an absolute mess - chaos in our box several times, with the whole back four and Green to blame. The equaliser was something you can't plan for - a screamer - but it's hard to say Cardiff didn't deserve it.

Emmanuel-Thomas looked awful — I thought he was meant to be a touch player, schooled in the Arsenal way, but he was more Devon White than anything else. The miss in the 89th was criminal, and would have closed the game had he scored. Then Doughty was too busy appealing for a dubious free kick to think about the ball, et voila.

Polter I was actually quite impressed by. Not when he was shooting, obviously. But he did very well to bring other players into attacking positions — he set up Devon White's miss and there was one other decent opportunity he created, wasn't there?

Austin and Phillips still look like they're only half interested, but given they're clearly the two most threatening players we have, we can't really leave them out I suppose.

What the game really exposed was how shallow the squad is: you don't need to remove very much from the starting XI for it to look poor.
In game management on 20:23 - Aug 15 with 4744 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In game management on 20:15 - Aug 15 by NW5Hoop

They couldn't get rid of Henry - he was the one who could break or renew the contract, not the club (that's not Ramsey's fault. That's Our Glorious Leader and his previous appointments).

As for the rest …
Chery must surely have been injured or at least out of puff, because he was the best player on the pitch by a mile (once they realised he wasn't Zamora and stopped hoofing it long to him). To take him off at 55 for tactical reasons would have been madness. Please let it not have been madness.

Defence still an absolute mess - chaos in our box several times, with the whole back four and Green to blame. The equaliser was something you can't plan for - a screamer - but it's hard to say Cardiff didn't deserve it.

Emmanuel-Thomas looked awful — I thought he was meant to be a touch player, schooled in the Arsenal way, but he was more Devon White than anything else. The miss in the 89th was criminal, and would have closed the game had he scored. Then Doughty was too busy appealing for a dubious free kick to think about the ball, et voila.

Polter I was actually quite impressed by. Not when he was shooting, obviously. But he did very well to bring other players into attacking positions — he set up Devon White's miss and there was one other decent opportunity he created, wasn't there?

Austin and Phillips still look like they're only half interested, but given they're clearly the two most threatening players we have, we can't really leave them out I suppose.

What the game really exposed was how shallow the squad is: you don't need to remove very much from the starting XI for it to look poor.

According to the offish the decision to take off Chery was a tactical one.

Quote from Ramsey: "“To be fair to Cardiff, they got the ball and did very well. When they’re in their flow, you have to allow them to do that."

Really Chris?
In game management on 20:26 - Aug 15 with 4705 viewsFloridaR

In game management on 20:23 - Aug 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Quote from Ramsey: "“To be fair to Cardiff, they got the ball and did very well. When they’re in their flow, you have to allow them to do that."

Really Chris?

Bit of a mad quote and sounds like he's loosing it !!!

No need to take a fast player out then, if anything Austin should of come off.
60 +mins or so Cardiff went 3-4-3.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

In game management on 20:29 - Aug 15 with 4664 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The irony is post match Ramsey bemoaned the team's poor game management. Is he including himself in that assessment?
In game management on 20:33 - Aug 15 with 4626 viewsstevec

In game management on 20:23 - Aug 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Really Chris?

Did he really say that? The man is a complete buffoon.
In game management on 20:41 - Aug 15 with 4553 viewsJamie

Chery coming off was clearly tactical. Good going forward but not dropping in anywhere near enough and as a result we were being completely overrun. Could've brought the anonymous Gladwin off and moved Chery out wide but the problem would have still remained. He's a luxury player and at the time Rambo as trying to get a foot on the ball.

As for the OP saying Austin should've played 90, he was blowing hard before half time, and was reduced to walking pace by hour mark. Absolutely the right decision to get Polter on who did well and asked more questions of their defence than Austin.

As for having Faurlin in amongst that, the poor guy is a ticking timebomb, absolute insanity to think he could be chucked in and asked to handle Cardiffs midfield. He will be used very sparingly, in a Pirlo role if we ever in position to be able to coast out the final 20 minutes of games.

Whilst giving Konchesky the benefit of the doubt that he may not have had much of a pre season, he definitely looked way off the pace and was poor going in both directions.

*edit* criticism of Luongo is mental. He was doing the work of two men with the passenger Henry alongside him.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2015 20:46]
In game management on 20:44 - Aug 15 with 4514 viewsRangersw12

Two games in a and people already writing players off I give up with some of fans FFS

As for Ramsey if we sack him like some seem to want to already we will go for some cnt like Fat Sam and moan about him after a few games

Get a grip and realise this is a long term thing and could take years to sort out and changing the manager every season won't help one bit
In game management on 20:44 - Aug 15 with 4514 viewsMvpeter

In game management on 20:41 - Aug 15 by Jamie

Chery coming off was clearly tactical. Good going forward but not dropping in anywhere near enough and as a result we were being completely overrun. Could've brought the anonymous Gladwin off and moved Chery out wide but the problem would have still remained. He's a luxury player and at the time Rambo as trying to get a foot on the ball.

As for the OP saying Austin should've played 90, he was blowing hard before half time, and was reduced to walking pace by hour mark. Absolutely the right decision to get Polter on who did well and asked more questions of their defence than Austin.

As for having Faurlin in amongst that, the poor guy is a ticking timebomb, absolute insanity to think he could be chucked in and asked to handle Cardiffs midfield. He will be used very sparingly, in a Pirlo role if we ever in position to be able to coast out the final 20 minutes of games.

Whilst giving Konchesky the benefit of the doubt that he may not have had much of a pre season, he definitely looked way off the pace and was poor going in both directions.

*edit* criticism of Luongo is mental. He was doing the work of two men with the passenger Henry alongside him.

Facepalm

Poll: Who should be our left back?

In game management on 20:50 - Aug 15 with 4456 viewsSpiritofGregory

In game management on 20:33 - Aug 15 by stevec

Did he really say that? The man is a complete buffoon.

It wouldn't surprise me, didn't he say a couple of days ago that we could do a Wolves and get relegated to League 1?
In game management on 20:51 - Aug 15 with 4446 viewsRangersw12

In game management on 20:50 - Aug 15 by SpiritofGregory

It wouldn't surprise me, didn't he say a couple of days ago that we could do a Wolves and get relegated to League 1?

No he didn't
In game management on 20:52 - Aug 15 with 4436 viewsJigsore

didn't see the game but from what I understand taking off Chery was pretty poor, after those first two crap corners he created so many chances for us

i'm not going to say Ramsey is out of his depth yet because for every time he's made a poor decision he's shown his ability to make a good one (in fact literally a few days ago against Yeovil subbing on Henry was a great move)

Ramsey is growing into his role. i'll reserve judgement for now but I wouldn't object to an experienced head in the dug out too

but I do object to blaming our formation on Premier League clubs been as tight as a yorkshiremans arsehole and trying to lowball us for Austin

also if anyone brings up Tactics Tim i'll pop a blood vessell

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

In game management on 20:56 - Aug 15 with 4387 viewsYorkRanger

We were being completely overrun when he made the decision to replace Chery with Doughty. You could see why he made that call...
In game management on 20:59 - Aug 15 with 4347 viewsNW5Hoop

In game management on 20:41 - Aug 15 by Jamie

But Chery is being played as one of the supporting attacking players - with two holding midfielders he shouldn't have to be fighting in centre mid. Even leaving aside Taarabt, I don't recall Routledge doing too much fighting in centre mid in the promotion season …

Oh well.
In game management on 21:01 - Aug 15 with 4321 viewsSpiritofGregory

In game management on 20:44 - Aug 15 by Rangersw12

Two games in a and people already writing players off I give up with some of fans FFS

As for Ramsey if we sack him like some seem to want to already we will go for some cnt like Fat Sam and moan about him after a few games

Get a grip and realise this is a long term thing and could take years to sort out and changing the manager every season won't help one bit

The parachute payments last for 3 years. The board are not spending like they used to. We need to secure promotion within 3 seasons.

Why should it take years to sort out when Warnock and Amit turned things around in a season after inheriting a madhouse from Flavio?
In game management on 21:02 - Aug 15 with 4313 viewsBostonR

Why on earth was Austin taken off? I think he would have won us the game - it's what he does for us. Not impressed with what I saw after 70mins - if that is the starting line-up we are in for a long hard season. Agree with the comments on CR game management - really poor.
In game management on 21:03 - Aug 15 with 4307 viewsJamie

In game management on 20:59 - Aug 15 by NW5Hoop

But Chery is being played as one of the supporting attacking players - with two holding midfielders he shouldn't have to be fighting in centre mid. Even leaving aside Taarabt, I don't recall Routledge doing too much fighting in centre mid in the promotion season …

Oh well.

With Derry, Faurlin & Mackie, we had enough legs to leave Taarabt up top.

With Henry a total passenger & Gladwin looking off the pace, we were getting completely overrun and needed more legs in the second half.

If we are in charge of games, clearly Chery won't be removed for someone like Doughty, but at that point in time today, it was the correct substitution.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024