Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idea for discussion 08:56 - Oct 1 with 2037 viewsPerth_R

I was watching the Watford V Palace game and noted they played 1min extra time and because there was a corner it went for 1min 25 sec. It took the ball 28 seconds in one instance to come back from the stands and resume play !. Then watching the Newcastle V Chelsea game saw Steve McClaren doing his nut at a player for trotting off the field instead of walking as he wanted to time waste. (Thats ok when it’s against Chelsea.)
So as spectators are we getting value for money ?
I believe it is time to take the responsibility off the refs and have a time keeper.By this i mean when ever the ball is dead the clock stops e.g throw-ins, corners, Free-kicks (the ref can take an age speaking to players and marking out with his spray),goal kicks, bookings, etc.
Im not a facts and figures man but believe you would be surprised at how much time is lost during a game, so much so that it may mean 40mins instead of 45 that would need to be played but at least it would be 40 to 45mins of actual football making these over paid players earn their money and us getting more value for the crazy costs we put up with. Over here with Aussie rules they use it and the clock is seen on the screen stopping and starting.
Benefits
Ref can concentrate more on game. Kills all the bickering about added time. get to see more football. Possibly will get more goals.
Disadvantages
May get more injuries, but would need better use of substitutes maybe another one.
Need more help with the disadvantages please.
Idea for discussion on 09:01 - Oct 1 with 2027 viewsMrSheen

Disadvantages (continued):
You get to see more of Watford v Palace
Idea for discussion (n/t) on 09:03 - Oct 1 with 2021 viewsPerth_R

Idea for discussion on 09:04 - Oct 1 with 2019 viewsPerth_R

Very true.
Idea for discussion on 09:11 - Oct 1 with 2001 viewsMrSheen

Idea for discussion on 09:04 - Oct 1 by Perth_R

Very true.

In the old Football Italia days, they used to show a "time in play" counter and it was always about 30 minutes a half. Even in Rugby, they run the clock at some stoppages and stop it for others - not sure why. If you were going to stop the clock in every break in the game, then you'd have to be realistic and say it's now 35 or 40 minutes each way, which obviously wouldn't be the same on Hackney Marshes.

I like the idea of allowing the team that concedes a goal to kick off within 20 seconds of the goal being awarded. If the scoring team want to run around the pitch waving their shirts in the air, let them, but let the other team play while they're doing it. Similar with substitutions, you've got 10 seconds, and if the leaving player isn't off, the sub joins at the next break in play.
Idea for discussion on 09:22 - Oct 1 with 1978 viewsPerth_R

Agree it would not happen on the Hackney Marshes or the Scrubs but believe it needs to be addressed at a professional level.
Idea for discussion on 09:38 - Oct 1 with 1947 viewsstonebridgers

After watching that pile of old tosh on Friday night I would be very happy for the game to be 20 minutes each way.

Stonebridgers

Idea for discussion on 10:11 - Oct 1 with 1913 viewsjohncharles

I think it is time for an independent timekeeper. Add some sanity to the extra time farce. At the moment you could have 2 minutes or six minutes at the end of a match and no one is accountable.
Like the idea of a maximum time for restarts and subs. Let's say 30 seconds then a hooter sounds and off you go mate, ready or not.

Strong and stable my arse.

Idea for discussion on 10:16 - Oct 1 with 1906 viewspeejaybee

It would never happen,because the FA would have to be involved and they do not do change for the better.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Login to get fewer ads

Idea for discussion on 10:31 - Oct 1 with 1896 viewsNorthernr

I wouldn't take much from the way rugby league officiates its games because it's a farce most weeks, but the clock in the stand with time called off for any stoppages is much better than the way we do it at the moment which seems to be 1/2 mins added to first half regardless of what's happened, and 4/5 mins added to the second half likewise.
Idea for discussion on 10:34 - Oct 1 with 1891 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's fine as it is. Hardly a farce. Much better than it was when added time wasn't announced.

Bare bones.

Idea for discussion on 10:45 - Oct 1 with 1865 viewsNorthernr

Idea for discussion on 10:34 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

It's fine as it is. Hardly a farce. Much better than it was when added time wasn't announced.

We'll revisit this on Saturday when Bolton take an early second half lead, spend the rest of the half flagrantly wasting time, and the referee (as always) adds 4 minutes onto the end of the game.
Idea for discussion on 10:58 - Oct 1 with 1844 viewsJuzzie

I read somewhere ages ago that if you take out all the time the ball is out of play, the game is actually around 65-70 mins.
Idea for discussion on 11:05 - Oct 1 with 1837 viewsichbinnaughty

Idea for discussion on 10:11 - Oct 1 by johncharles

I think it is time for an independent timekeeper. Add some sanity to the extra time farce. At the moment you could have 2 minutes or six minutes at the end of a match and no one is accountable.
Like the idea of a maximum time for restarts and subs. Let's say 30 seconds then a hooter sounds and off you go mate, ready or not.

I can still see that FUGGING goal go in in the 98th minute at home to Man Utd in our doomed campaign in 95-96.
Was it Denis Irwin of all people?
That hurt so bad.
Idea for discussion on 11:28 - Oct 1 with 1811 viewsheadhoops

Idea for discussion on 11:05 - Oct 1 by ichbinnaughty

I can still see that FUGGING goal go in in the 98th minute at home to Man Utd in our doomed campaign in 95-96.
Was it Denis Irwin of all people?
That hurt so bad.

Kuntona.

Fergie time.......another reason to despise manufactured united.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Idea for discussion on 11:46 - Oct 1 with 1791 viewsfrancisbowles

Idea for discussion on 09:01 - Oct 1 by MrSheen

Disadvantages (continued):
You get to see more of Watford v Palace

Could be some very late finishes on midweek matches!
Idea for discussion on 12:49 - Oct 1 with 1751 viewsichbinnaughty

Idea for discussion on 11:28 - Oct 1 by headhoops

Kuntona.

Fergie time.......another reason to despise manufactured united.

Ah yes of course.
I think Denis Irwin inadvertantly got ours for us, early - about the 16th minute if my addled brains recollect properly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024