Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 19:41 - Jan 16 with 3929 viewsted_hendrix

What he say.

"It feels good. More so that it was a good performance, especially in the second half.
"It was very difficult in the first but in the second we looked like we didn't want to mess about. We got behind them, we were dangerous and we were clinical - and you need to be clinical.
"I must say Rotherham made it very difficult for us in the first half, they are right in your face, they don't give you time."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 19:48 - Jan 16 with 3890 viewsDaiHo0p

I like him. Keep The Faith.

copy wright Dai Hoop ..
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 19:59 - Jan 16 with 3839 viewsted_hendrix

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 19:48 - Jan 16 by DaiHo0p

I like him. Keep The Faith.

copy wright Dai Hoop ..

After today's result I'm warming to him, bit like a meat and potato pie that's been in the oven for about 10 minutes.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 10:23 - Jan 17 with 3499 viewsJonDoeman

I think he can be a good manager for us, given the chance .

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 10:38 - Jan 17 with 3442 viewsHollowayHoop

I'm really sorry, my phone is stupid it just accidentally reported the OP as abusive, which it absolutely isn't. In fact it's the very antithesis of abusive. It's a marvellous OP.

For the record, after a difficult start and after yesterday's second half, I have some hope that we'll now go on a run and end up (drum roll) upper mid table. Yay, I love it when QPR are mediocre, it's what we do best, and good riddance to the thousands of post 2007 fans. I remember the days when the suggestion of buying a QPR ticket in advance was laughable; now it's a necessity. Sell out crowds of immediately and vocally frustrated and impatient fans just isn't us.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 10:43]
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:21 - Jan 17 with 3203 viewstimcocking

I find myself liking Jimmy more than any of our most recent incumbents at this stage. Really hope he turns everything around.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:35 - Jan 17 with 3149 viewsBurtonBrewer

Hi hoops, BurtonBrewer in peace here.
Great result yesterday for you guys n gals, am made up for you all, keep the faith my friends
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:40 - Jan 17 with 3121 viewsfrancisbowles

Thank you, nice of you to come on here and express friendly thoughts.

Glad to see you at the top of the table, stay there and we will, hopefully welcome you to Loftus Road next season.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:42 - Jan 17 with 3107 viewskropotkin41

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:35 - Jan 17 by BurtonBrewer

Great result yesterday for you guys n gals, am made up for you all, keep the faith my friends

How is life at Burton now, in the post JFH era?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:43 - Jan 17 with 3105 viewsTacticalR

Would it be raining on everyone's parade to point out that a certain beanie-clad manager beat Rotherham 4-2 earlier this season?

Anyway, we move on.

Air hostess clique

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:52 - Jan 17 with 3072 viewsBurtonBrewer

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:42 - Jan 17 by kropotkin41

How is life at Burton now, in the post JFH era?

To be fair to nigel clough he made it clear from the off that he wasn't going to change anything that JFH had already put in place and I am glad about that. We are flying sky high at the moment and yesterday took all 3 points away at coventry( someone pinch me) really hope everyone gives JFH the time needed for him to show what he can achieve, see you all soon hopefully hoops.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 15:01 - Jan 17 with 3025 viewsHollowayHoop

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:43 - Jan 17 by TacticalR

Would it be raining on everyone's parade to point out that a certain beanie-clad manager beat Rotherham 4-2 earlier this season?

Anyway, we move on.

Is 4-2 at home better than 3-0 away?

I liked 'that' manager, but some of his game management decisions were appalling no matter what your expectations for the season were. I still think that it was the right decision to sack him notwithstanding that what he was trying to do and his ideas for the club were, from a long term perspective, spot on. It can't all be long term planning at the total expense of the short and medium terms.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 15:21 - Jan 17 with 2953 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 15:01 - Jan 17 by HollowayHoop

Is 4-2 at home better than 3-0 away?

I liked 'that' manager, but some of his game management decisions were appalling no matter what your expectations for the season were. I still think that it was the right decision to sack him notwithstanding that what he was trying to do and his ideas for the club were, from a long term perspective, spot on. It can't all be long term planning at the total expense of the short and medium terms.

When it comes down to it, neither were really convincing victories. I wasn't there so feel free to correct me but Rotherham were the much better team in the first half and we could have gone in at half-time one or two goals down. The game would have been a lot harder from there.

But credit to JFH, when we were two-nil up, he was waving us forward. When he took off Philips and Hoilett off he replaced pretty much like-for-like with Chery and Mackie, when most managers would have opted for more defensive substitutions, given the points were in the bag. I really liked that - he's saying this team needs to learn how to score again, to go for the win, so get out there and do it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 16:00 - Jan 17 with 2863 viewsAgedR

JFH is a highly rated up and coming manager.

The board seem to have no imminent thoughts of pulling the plug.

Just for the shear hell of it I think I might just get behind the team for the rest of the season.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 16:06 - Jan 17 with 2842 viewslondonscottish

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 14:35 - Jan 17 by BurtonBrewer

Hi BB it feels good :-)

Good luck with the rest of your season.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 16:13 - Jan 17 with 2805 viewsdistortR

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 16:00 - Jan 17 by AgedR

JFH is a highly rated up and coming manager.

The board seem to have no imminent thoughts of pulling the plug.

Just for the shear hell of it I think I might just get behind the team for the rest of the season.

Hmmm, interesting, you could give it a go, but i don't think it will catch on.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 16:52 - Jan 17 with 2654 viewsMonahoop

After yesterdays pleasing result let's hope it's onward and something like upward from now on. Here's hoping JFH is gradually getting things right. That was always going to be a tough game with Rotherham hitting a bit of form lately.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 17:09 - Jan 17 with 2569 viewsBklynRanger

I liked how he said that the players have to be prepared to suffer. He's looking for commitment and a bit of grit. Also suffering has a bit of an S&M sound to it, which fits in with his growing use of Dutch Sexual Aggression strategies to motivate the players and prime them for action.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 20:27 - Jan 17 with 2384 viewsTacticalR

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 17:09 - Jan 17 by BklynRanger

I liked how he said that the players have to be prepared to suffer. He's looking for commitment and a bit of grit. Also suffering has a bit of an S&M sound to it, which fits in with his growing use of Dutch Sexual Aggression strategies to motivate the players and prime them for action.

This approach was pioneered in Amsterdam.

Air hostess clique

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 02:54 - Jan 18 with 2207 viewstimcocking

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 15:21 - Jan 17 by isawqpratwcity

When it comes down to it, neither were really convincing victories. I wasn't there so feel free to correct me but Rotherham were the much better team in the first half and we could have gone in at half-time one or two goals down. The game would have been a lot harder from there.

But credit to JFH, when we were two-nil up, he was waving us forward. When he took off Philips and Hoilett off he replaced pretty much like-for-like with Chery and Mackie, when most managers would have opted for more defensive substitutions, given the points were in the bag. I really liked that - he's saying this team needs to learn how to score again, to go for the win, so get out there and do it.

I was amazed to see a double substitution bringing on Jamie and Chery when we were leading away from home, particularly having capitulated in our last 50 games. I would never have guessed that in a million years. Can't see hardly any manager in Britain leading away from home bringing on two attackers in a double substitution. Madness, surely? I was pleased. Come on Jimmy, let's just get out there and tw@t 'em!
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on 13:14 - Jan 18 with 2021 viewsBrightonhoop

Pleased he's got his first result obviously. I think he's stamped his authority down letting Charlie go early too. Pure conjecture but a fly on the wall in the half time dressing room. I can imagine JFH suggesting with Charlie gone he's looking to see if his other strikers fit their job descriptions. I suspect there 3 or 4 squeaky bums seeing Charlie shipped thinking 'Fck, maybe I'm next. Better pull me socks up.'
And then smash 'em.
Wouldn't it be ironic if Charlies departure now turned around the good ship QPR?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024