Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boiler advice needed!! (non-QPR) 09:16 - Feb 22 with 3525 viewsDaBurgh

As this forum is a font of knowledge, I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice on a problem I've been having with my boiler.

I had a condensing boiler installed about 18 months ago, unfortunately the guy that installed it connected the pipes incorrectly, he connected the output pipes from the boiler to the return pipe from the radiators, needless to say the boiler ran for 24 hours a day and my first month gas bill was astronomical. He came back and fixed the connections and he (eventually) reimbursed me for the excess gas usage.
The problem now is that when the boiler fires up or when I turn on the hot water tap the boiler makes a whining noise, just for the first few seconds, not all the time but more often than not. My first thought was that there was air trapped in the radiators, but after bleeding them all (several times) I am sure this is not the case. I've tried to get the guy that installed the boiler to come out and have a look, but he's not interested and no one else can help me.
Is it possible that there is an air bubble trapped somewhere within the boiler and I need to drain the whole system?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Boiler advice needed!! (non-QPR) on 09:50 - Feb 22 with 3478 viewsjonno

Have you tried contacting the boiler manufacturer for advice? They can be quite helpful.
Boiler advice needed!! (non-QPR) on 09:53 - Feb 22 with 3472 viewsozexile

Could be the fan playing up. The fan always has to kick in when the gas is on to exhaust the fumes.
Boiler advice needed!! (non-QPR) on 10:38 - Feb 22 with 3409 viewsboobishabang

Have you checked the expansion tank for the hot water? had a similar issue with mine last year, turning the hot water on there was a thudding sound from the airing cupboard, turned out the rubber membrane inside the expansion tank was goosed, you can re-inflate them yourself (bike pump) but mine needed replacing, not heard it since, mine was 18 months old too and caused a bit of a leak on the kitchen ceiling........Grrrrrrrrrr
Boiler advice needed!! (non-QPR) on 14:41 - Feb 22 with 3309 viewsBoston

Mate of mine had a whining boiler problem....he divorced her.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boiler advice needed!! (non-QPR) on 14:48 - Feb 22 with 3301 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Have you seen this? Might be summat you can try.

http://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/vaillant-ecomax-boiler-whining.68243/
Boiler advice needed!! (non-QPR) on 15:41 - Feb 22 with 3254 viewsDaBurgh

Thanks all for the replies. The link you posted HDJ sounds like just the thing that is happening with the boiler, cheers.
Boiler advice needed!! (non-QPR) on 15:52 - Feb 22 with 3236 viewsessextaxiboy

Is the pressure too low? .

There should be a gauge which on mine should read about 1 bar . You can top it up by opening the fill link (a flexible pipe with a valve each end) . Adjust it when its coldish and after bleeding the rads

I have to do mine every few weeks .. Hope this helps
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024