Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. 16:20 - Mar 2 with 10082 views18StoneOfHoop

Got any more pix of your beloved places in W12 that have sadly gone?

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/business/end-era-pie-shop-closes-9739495

Also just came across this lovely wee doc...well said and well done,Callum

[Post edited 2 Mar 2016 17:37]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 16:29 - Mar 2 with 10028 viewsLowerloftLad

I went there on the final day for a triple pie and mash with my fiancé gutted its gone but there is still a delivery service that they do

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 16:45 - Mar 2 with 9981 viewsJuzzie

THEN;

NOW;

[Post edited 2 Mar 2016 16:46]
Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 16:53 - Mar 2 with 9945 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Great place to watch the football and have a ciggie on the terrace.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 18:19 - Mar 2 with 9789 viewsDevonWhite

I miss the Green Room and the Bush Ranger mainly.
Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 21:17 - Mar 2 with 9616 viewsPeterHucker

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 23:23 - Mar 2 with 9466 viewswombat

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 21:17 - Mar 2 by PeterHucker

Spent many an early morning in the house of pies , usually sh!tfaced

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 23:28 - Mar 2 with 9458 viewsjohncharles

Anyone remember the Thatched House, Dalling Road when it was a proper pub ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 23:35 - Mar 2 with 9449 viewsPeterHucker

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 23:23 - Mar 2 by wombat

Spent many an early morning in the house of pies , usually sh!tfaced

me too, steak and kidney pie n chips at 3 or 4 am on way home from a major pissup

didn't they used to have a sign on the cabinet saying something like
"you may express a preference but you are not permitted to indicate a particular piece of chicken"
Login to get fewer ads

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 10:26 - Mar 3 with 9274 viewsJuzzie

I took this photo on New Years Day before the Hull game

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 10:35 - Mar 3 with 9255 viewsJonDoeman

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 10:26 - Mar 3 by Juzzie

I took this photo on New Years Day before the Hull game

Fcking sad looking pic. Hate to see history go .

It Is What It Is !!

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 9234 viewsJuzzie

Old Shepherds Bush (Central Line) station plus the facade to the old exhibition hall/railway depot a bit further along to the right. Both now replaced with the new tube station/overground station/bus terminal

Now;

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 11:02 - Mar 3 with 9200 viewspaulparker

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 10:35 - Mar 3 by JonDoeman

Fcking sad looking pic. Hate to see history go .

Don't like Pie n Mash but its tragic how these places are going, they are a part of the area and served the local community for Donkeys years
lets hope they put in its a place a fried chicken, kebab or bookies as we are short of those

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 11:34 - Mar 3 with 9137 viewsRBlock

What about the snooker club at Bush Hall before it was Bush Hall? My old man used to take me in there when I was a nipper. Can't seem to find any pictures of it.
Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 12:45 - Mar 3 with 9066 viewsJuzzie

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 11:34 - Mar 3 by RBlock

What about the snooker club at Bush Hall before it was Bush Hall? My old man used to take me in there when I was a nipper. Can't seem to find any pictures of it.

Talking of snooker..... didn't this start of as toilets, then a snooker 'hall' now a club.

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 13:41 - Mar 3 with 8947 viewsW14Hoop

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 10:45 - Mar 3 by Juzzie

Old Shepherds Bush (Central Line) station plus the facade to the old exhibition hall/railway depot a bit further along to the right. Both now replaced with the new tube station/overground station/bus terminal

Now;

Juzzie — That’s so uncanny, I was talking to my mum this morning about the old S.Bush tube station and the massive white arch which used to be the entrance to the old exhibition site for White City.

That footbridge which used to link the precinct to the tube station brings back memories

Juzzie — That’s so uncanny, I was talking to my mum this morning about the old S.Bush tube station and the massive white arch which used to be the entrance to the old exhibition site for White City.

That footbridge which used to link the precint to the tube station brings back memories

That footbridge which used to link the precint to the tube station brings back memories

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 14:27 - Mar 3 with 8888 viewsthame_hoops

talking of manor's

Then:

Now:

the alleyway to the away end still exists i think
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 14:27]
Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 14:40 - Mar 3 with 8860 viewsJuzzie

The White City Stadium

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but Jim Gregory not securing ownership of that site when offered the chance is a bigger travesty than Chris Wright not securing the land behind the School End.
Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 14:44 - Mar 3 with 8848 viewsthame_hoops

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 14:40 - Mar 3 by Juzzie

The White City Stadium

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but Jim Gregory not securing ownership of that site when offered the chance is a bigger travesty than Chris Wright not securing the land behind the School End.

chris wright or richard Thompson?
Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 14:46 - Mar 3 with 8848 viewskensalriser

Gregory OUT!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 15:00 - Mar 3 with 8819 viewsJuzzie

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 14:44 - Mar 3 by thame_hoops

chris wright or richard Thompson?

Chris Wright.

I think Jim Gregory was offered White City in the late 70's for some £400k. Sounds like a steal today but in them there days that was the equivalent of our then record signing, Tony Currie. Understandably it was a big outlay for the time and football was sill in the grips of hooliganism and the housing boom was yet to happen. Land was aplenty with still many WWII bomb sites effectively land of rubble.

Still gutted though as we could have had by now a nice 30k stadium.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 15:20]
Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 12:16 - Mar 4 with 8557 views18StoneOfHoop

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 15:00 - Mar 3 by Juzzie

Chris Wright.

I think Jim Gregory was offered White City in the late 70's for some £400k. Sounds like a steal today but in them there days that was the equivalent of our then record signing, Tony Currie. Understandably it was a big outlay for the time and football was sill in the grips of hooliganism and the housing boom was yet to happen. Land was aplenty with still many WWII bomb sites effectively land of rubble.

Still gutted though as we could have had by now a nice 30k stadium.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 15:20]

Look apologies,this is a bit off-topic for this thread,after all The KPH pub is 1.9 miles from HQ as the crow that spits on Stamford Bridge flies, however...>>>>

I'm not a great fan of the landlord,the one-time owner of The Mean Fiddler, grumpy Mr Vince Power, after all he bumped up the prices to a minimum 4:50 a pint, removed the pool table and removed 95% of the working and shirking class regulars..

BUT NEVERTHELESS I URGE ANY OR EVERY CONCERNED LFW PUNTER AND LOVER OF PUBS ANYWHERE TO SIGN THIS PETITION After all to paraphrase Mr John Donne in the words Noddy Nigel Farage loves so well:

No pub is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every pub is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any pub's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in pubkind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/make-the-kph-an-english-heritage-site

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/stars-back-landlord-in-row-over-150yearold

https://www.facebook.com/TheKPHLadbroke/

Here's me in the entrance back when I was a mere 17 stone stripling.

https://1pumplane.wordpress.com/2011/12/03/the-kensington-park-ladbroke-grove-lo

Vincent
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 12:55]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Dry your eyes mate..Gone from the manor.. on 14:17 - Mar 4 with 8466 viewsJuzzie

Born just off Ladbroke Grove, grew up all around Ladbroke Grove, Portobello Road, Notting Hill Gate yet I don't think I ever once went in that pub.

Crazy so many are being shut down. Probably end up as a Tesco/Sainsbury's Local.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024