Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so it begins... 20:08 - Jun 10 with 2867 views1BobbyHazell

Urghhh! The Big Club Takeover picks up pace. Coming to a league near you soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/10/premier-league-academy-teams-en
And so it begins... on 21:13 - Jun 10 with 2764 viewsCHUBBS

Begins???
The Premier league are the football equivalent of the European Union,an undemocratic dictatorship controlled by a group of greedy self serving elitests.
Whilst the money is so big it's only going to get worse with the introduction of new innovative routes of disguising corrupt practices.
Like the world the game is so beautiful,shame about the egotistical bastards running it!
And so it begins... on 21:33 - Jun 10 with 2720 viewsdanehoop

And so it begins... on 21:13 - Jun 10 by CHUBBS

Begins???
The Premier league are the football equivalent of the European Union,an undemocratic dictatorship controlled by a group of greedy self serving elitests.
Whilst the money is so big it's only going to get worse with the introduction of new innovative routes of disguising corrupt practices.
Like the world the game is so beautiful,shame about the egotistical bastards running it!

I think you are being hard of the EU which is accountable both through the council of ministers, the general affairs council and the European Parliament, all of which provide checks, balance and challenge. The Premier League has no such mechanisms and exists solely to earn money for the biggest clubs.

Never knowingly understood

And so it begins... on 21:35 - Jun 10 with 2714 viewsBrianMcCarthy

£1m donation is all it takes. Idiots.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

And so it begins... on 21:43 - Jun 10 with 2691 viewsDWQPR

And so it begins... on 21:35 - Jun 10 by BrianMcCarthy

£1m donation is all it takes. Idiots.

Agreed, should have held out for a minimum of £20 million with only the FL clubs being allowed to share in the prize money.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

And so it begins... on 21:50 - Jun 10 with 2673 viewsloftboy

Didn't renew my season ticket for.next season, totally disenchanted with the whole state of football, admittedly my new job had some part to play, but ffs,one chance the 48 lower placed clubs had of a non pls off day out at Wembley and they've fúcked it up, you just know the final is going to between arsenal/ Chelsea youth v man utd/city youth, the first step towards B sides in the FL, its the start of a slow death for football outside the PL.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

And so it begins... on 22:01 - Jun 10 with 2642 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And so it begins... on 21:50 - Jun 10 by loftboy

Didn't renew my season ticket for.next season, totally disenchanted with the whole state of football, admittedly my new job had some part to play, but ffs,one chance the 48 lower placed clubs had of a non pls off day out at Wembley and they've fúcked it up, you just know the final is going to between arsenal/ Chelsea youth v man utd/city youth, the first step towards B sides in the FL, its the start of a slow death for football outside the PL.

Agreed. backhanders all over the place.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

And so it begins... on 22:06 - Jun 10 with 2622 views1BobbyHazell

And so it begins... on 21:13 - Jun 10 by CHUBBS

Begins???

My 'begins' was referring to the specific act of placing their youth/reserve teams in the Football League.

As for the rest of your post, I agree. You could replace the words European Union with Global Hedge Funds or Corporations. The crushing of small, local operations for the benefit of the Big Boys' bottom line.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 22:07]
And so it begins... on 22:09 - Jun 10 with 2612 views1BobbyHazell

And so it begins... on 21:33 - Jun 10 by danehoop

I think you are being hard of the EU which is accountable both through the council of ministers, the general affairs council and the European Parliament, all of which provide checks, balance and challenge. The Premier League has no such mechanisms and exists solely to earn money for the biggest clubs.

You obviously have a lot of faith in those organisations Dane. From where I'm standing they're about as effective at controlling/restricting the Real Power as the FA.
Login to get fewer ads

And so it begins... on 22:14 - Jun 10 with 2597 viewsCHUBBS

And so it begins... on 21:33 - Jun 10 by danehoop

Perhaps,however we have no power to vote any of them out meaning they can do pretty much as they please.
The only way to stop it is to stop supporting it,problem is most fans love their clubs to much for that sacrifice.
It's become an out of control rip off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024