Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice please on speeding points 08:53 - Nov 4 with 1942 viewsBlackCrowe

So I'm on 6 points and have just received another ticket for the North Circular Ealing (for 38mph in a 30, just like my other two). Petrified of having 9 points on my licence - they've all been got this year since they changed the speeding limits.

I know ultimately it's my fault but any bright ideas. I was even thinking of seeing if Mrs Crowe could take one for the team but they claim photographic evidence so that could go horribly wrong if it's shown to be a female driving and not me.

Advice welcomed.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Advice please on speeding points on 09:02 - Nov 4 with 1928 viewsMrSheen

If it's 38mph, were you not offered the course? I did mine the other week at Ealing - more than half of the people there were caught on the same camera - just past the cemetery on Gunnersbury Avenue, heading north from Chiswick Roundabout. I was still steaming with fury going into it, but I actually enjoyed it. It's surprising how much you forget or never knew about driving.

As for inviting Mrs Crowe to take one for the team...it's not unknown. As long as it doesn't go Chris Huhne on you (and her). The photographic evidence is almost certainly the plate. They just want the money and a tick in the box to show they are keeping the public safe.
Advice please on speeding points on 09:05 - Nov 4 with 1925 viewsessextaxiboy

Not much you can do now .I would get a sat nav that monitors the limits and bongs every time you go over and put it on every journey . If you can keep out of trouble for a couple of years if you slip up then you will get offered a course .
Advice please on speeding points on 09:12 - Nov 4 with 1911 viewsHonkytonks

Advice please on speeding points on 09:05 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

Not much you can do now .I would get a sat nav that monitors the limits and bongs every time you go over and put it on every journey . If you can keep out of trouble for a couple of years if you slip up then you will get offered a course .

Simple....dont break the speed limits set....would you be happy if one of your children got knocked down by some numpty doin 38 in a 30 zone...that speed impact can kill them..take your punishment like a man and dont break the law is my advise!
Advice please on speeding points on 09:29 - Nov 4 with 1873 viewscollegeranger

Advice please on speeding points on 09:12 - Nov 4 by Honkytonks

Simple....dont break the speed limits set....would you be happy if one of your children got knocked down by some numpty doin 38 in a 30 zone...that speed impact can kill them..take your punishment like a man and dont break the law is my advise!

You missed the fact that the stretch in question was in the 70's it was a 60 mph section national speed limit - too fast - then was 50 mph in the 80's still probably too fast - 40mph - about right - advent of speed cameras come along and its down to 30mph.

The stretch is question is a dual carriage way has no homes, shops or offices by its side so why is it deemed 30mph?

They will tell you that its an accident black spot - however I do wonder under the freedom of information act if you requested information on accidents on that stretch if you would find any speed related accidents ..... but ho hum another 3 points - another livelihood threatened, another person on the over crowded public transport system but 100 quid in the council coffers!
Advice please on speeding points on 10:03 - Nov 4 with 1818 viewsMrSheen

Advice please on speeding points on 09:29 - Nov 4 by collegeranger

You missed the fact that the stretch in question was in the 70's it was a 60 mph section national speed limit - too fast - then was 50 mph in the 80's still probably too fast - 40mph - about right - advent of speed cameras come along and its down to 30mph.

The stretch is question is a dual carriage way has no homes, shops or offices by its side so why is it deemed 30mph?

They will tell you that its an accident black spot - however I do wonder under the freedom of information act if you requested information on accidents on that stretch if you would find any speed related accidents ..... but ho hum another 3 points - another livelihood threatened, another person on the over crowded public transport system but 100 quid in the council coffers!

That was my attitude going in. My penalty was for going below the limit which had held for 30 years up to 6 months before, at 5.04 on a Sunday morning. The 30 limit was displayed going in, but the change in limit had only been advertised with a notice in the Acton Gazette, not in any information sign "new limits apply" on the road. It was introduced ostensibly to protect workers on a bridge repair that had either completed or not started - there was no evidence of any work, and certainly no workers at that time of a Sunday morning. The last camera marks are within 20 metres of a 40mph sign, but a big new limit sign, not a small "repeater" sign. Apparently the first six months of penalties were thrown out until some changes were made.

That said, what you learn about the consequences for braking if you are going too fast is genuinely shocking, and the refresher you get on signs and speed limits is very helpful. It has changed my driving (so far, at least), and I'm glad I took it.
Advice please on speeding points on 10:10 - Nov 4 with 1801 viewshoof_hearted

They have to have some serious accidents before being allowed a camera. Ask any copper and they'll tell you most of the bodies they pull out of wreckages are when we're all safely tucked up in bed and just see the yellow sign asking for any information a day later.
Advice please on speeding points on 10:56 - Nov 4 with 1758 viewsDorse

Advice please on speeding points on 09:05 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

You shouldn't do bongs and go over the speed limit. You'll get into much more trouble.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Advice please on speeding points on 11:15 - Nov 4 with 1728 viewsFredManRave

Advice please on speeding points on 10:56 - Nov 4 by Dorse

You shouldn't do bongs and go over the speed limit. You'll get into much more trouble.

If you do bongs and go over the speed limit then you're using the wrong ganja. My mate never used to drive over 20mph when he was stoned.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Advice please on speeding points on 11:21 - Nov 4 with 1718 viewsfakekerby

Why don't you keep to the laws of the road?

Everyone makes the odd mistake but three times in the same year??
Advice please on speeding points on 11:33 - Nov 4 with 1690 viewskingsburyR

Anything is reversible at the right price.

A Romanian lad that works for me got caught drink driving and blew double the limit. Now I thought that's an auto ban.

BUT......he used that famous brief in London (forgot his name), paid him £8000 and got the charge thrown out when the question was asked in court how can the police prove that the machine he blew into in the station actually worked.

Lots of money...but kept his licence. Its who you know and how much you can afford to pay in the world!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Advice please on speeding points on 11:34 - Nov 4 with 1688 viewsBlackCrowe

Advice please on speeding points on 11:21 - Nov 4 by fakekerby

You're right, I'm not excusing myself. I've done that journey everyday for the past 14 years and since they've switched it unannounced from 40 to 30 - i've been done for 37mph, 36mph and 37 mph. autopilot i guess.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Advice please on speeding points on 11:40 - Nov 4 with 1669 viewsstevec

Advice please on speeding points on 11:21 - Nov 4 by fakekerby

If you know the stretch of road every fibre in your body says 40mph limit.

Using various back roads and main roads I drove from Savoy White City to A3 at Roehampton recently and practically every road was 20mph limit. Schools I can understand but there were stretches of road where I was permanently stabbing the brake, the car was exceeding 20 without touching the accelerator.

It's all about money and mind control.
Advice please on speeding points on 11:55 - Nov 4 with 1636 viewshoof_hearted

The problem with driving in modern cars in top gear is that they tend to lull you over the speed limit. If you put it third (or low or whatever in an automatic) then the car isn't wanting to cruise at a speed over the limit.

(I learned that on a speed awareness course )
Advice please on speeding points on 13:03 - Nov 4 with 1570 viewsDaiHo0p

I've been trying for 3 weeks now to get on a course - nothing recognises my licence number and the police never answer the phone.

35 in a 30 by a safety camera - first time ever and apparently it will be beneficial to me. Bollix. I'm the safest driver I know.
Advice please on speeding points on 13:16 - Nov 4 with 1550 viewskropotkin41

A friend of mine uses cruise control in speed limit areas....... my old car does have it, but I never use it. Maybe you could use that to guard against any future mistakes?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Advice please on speeding points on 15:13 - Nov 4 with 1427 viewsDWQPR

Advice please on speeding points on 13:16 - Nov 4 by kropotkin41

A friend of mine uses cruise control in speed limit areas....... my old car does have it, but I never use it. Maybe you could use that to guard against any future mistakes?

Many cars along with cruise control also have speed limiter functions which stops the driver going over a certain speed. Never used it myself. Just make sure that I keep to the limit, not so much the points I worry about but the thieving insurance companies that will look for the most minor excuse to increase your premium at renewal by 300%.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Advice please on speeding points on 15:45 - Nov 4 with 1382 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am pretty sure you can ask for the photographic evidence.
Advice please on speeding points on 19:31 - Nov 4 with 1283 viewsQPR_John

Advice please on speeding points on 15:45 - Nov 4 by CroydonCaptJack

I am pretty sure you can ask for the photographic evidence.

As I understand it you can only get the evidence if you go to court. They can have dodgy evidence but you cannot know unless you take the gamble
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024