Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement 13:58 - Feb 6 with 13627 viewsGloucs_R

How would you feel about him taking over in the summer?

Poll: Are we staying up?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:32 - Feb 7 with 3950 viewsW7Ranger

Paul Clement on 12:47 - Feb 7 by Mick_S

That's his email nose.

Paul Clement on 16:04 - Feb 7 with 3843 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Clement on 10:20 - Feb 7 by Antti_Heinola

that's just a bizarre way of looking at it - let's not employ a manager in case he does a good job and another club wants him.

Really ?

It seems far more bizarre to employ someone who if they had a moderate amount of success is expected to up and leave taking all of their staff with them without seeing the job through.

Or are we still, despite all that has happened prepared to throw everything up in the air once or twice a season ?
Paul Clement on 20:25 - Feb 7 with 3751 viewsCiderwithRsie

Paul Clement on 16:04 - Feb 7 by essextaxiboy

Really ?

It seems far more bizarre to employ someone who if they had a moderate amount of success is expected to up and leave taking all of their staff with them without seeing the job through.

Or are we still, despite all that has happened prepared to throw everything up in the air once or twice a season ?

Reluctantly I agree with ETB.

I like Clement but we are restoring stability here. IMO if Ollie keeps us up he will have done his job - keeping us off the rocks while Les and Penrice get us back to the Rangers Way. Either he stays because he's does enough or (my choice) we say "thanks for clearing up the past but now it's time for the future."

I've always hoped Ainsworth might come back as manager if he proved himself at Wycombe and I'm impressed with what he did last year.
Paul Clement on 21:10 - Feb 7 with 3710 viewsnottonyfernandes

Paul Clement on 12:34 - Feb 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Has anyone watched Ainsworth's team play
Hoof football at it's finest.

They are about the same as Nott C last night

You would want him sacked within a couple of months.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 12:46]

I don’t disagree, but it’s league 2.
He’s consistently overachieved on a tiny budget and with no youth team. Picked up players that over team didn’t want and developed them into decent players, including our own josh scowen.
Also likes to play with pacey wingers, which I’m not against and we have in abundance.

I’d give him a shot over some of the mediocre champ managers available.
Paul Clement on 22:51 - Feb 7 with 3646 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Clement on 20:25 - Feb 7 by CiderwithRsie

I like Clement but we are restoring stability here. IMO if Ollie keeps us up he will have done his job - keeping us off the rocks while Les and Penrice get us back to the Rangers Way. Either he stays because he's does enough or (my choice) we say "thanks for clearing up the past but now it's time for the future."

I've always hoped Ainsworth might come back as manager if he proved himself at Wycombe and I'm impressed with what he did last year.

Reluctantly ?
Paul Clement on 23:32 - Feb 7 with 3617 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Let's make QPR great again!!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Paul Clement on 09:21 - Feb 8 with 3496 viewsCiderwithRsie

Paul Clement on 22:51 - Feb 7 by essextaxiboy

Reluctantly ?

Nothing personal!

It's just that I think Clement is decent and was quite keen to get him a couple of years back. And at other times a manager who came in, was successful here, and then moved on would not be a bad deal for either party.

But right now I think you're right, I'd rather someone who was maybe less talented but good enough and stuck around than someone who came and went (like e.g. Steve McClaren did - and no criticism of him, but what good did it do us?)
Paul Clement on 09:29 - Feb 8 with 3484 viewsfrancisbowles

Having someone who made us successful would make a nice change.

Even if he the left at the first bigger offer, at least we would be starting from a higher position.

It would be up to Lee and Les to have managerial targets in their future scenario planning. Whereas at the moment the job is so unattractive that, if Ollie went, it would be who would take it.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement on 11:22 - Feb 8 with 3413 viewspaulparker

Paul Clement on 09:29 - Feb 8 by francisbowles

Having someone who made us successful would make a nice change.

Even if he the left at the first bigger offer, at least we would be starting from a higher position.

It would be up to Lee and Les to have managerial targets in their future scenario planning. Whereas at the moment the job is so unattractive that, if Ollie went, it would be who would take it.

I echo this ,
I was quite excited for JFH as I thought he was a manager on the up and would achieve good things, it was the sort of managerial appointment that would improve us and him , maybe he would have been better suited to us in say a couple of years time once some of our youngsters have more experience , that being said he was very defensive ala big sam

if i were the club i would have Danny Cowley from Lincoln pencilled in as a possible replacement if Ollie goes at the end of the season , cowley has done a brilliant job and has all the signs of being the next eddie howe

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Paul Clement on 17:17 - Feb 8 with 3292 viewsPunteR

Paul Clement on 11:22 - Feb 8 by paulparker

I echo this ,
I was quite excited for JFH as I thought he was a manager on the up and would achieve good things, it was the sort of managerial appointment that would improve us and him , maybe he would have been better suited to us in say a couple of years time once some of our youngsters have more experience , that being said he was very defensive ala big sam

if i were the club i would have Danny Cowley from Lincoln pencilled in as a possible replacement if Ollie goes at the end of the season , cowley has done a brilliant job and has all the signs of being the next eddie howe

What the hell is Lincoln city's badge..?

Looks like Barnsley are after Cowley.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 17:20]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paul Clement on 17:31 - Feb 8 with 3277 views2Thomas2Bowles

Paul Clement on 17:17 - Feb 8 by PunteR

An Imp

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Paul Clement on 17:40 - Feb 8 with 3265 viewsPunteR

Paul Clement on 17:31 - Feb 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

An Imp

http://www.lincolnshireinfo.co.uk/lincoln/legend-lincoln-imp/
The Legend of The Lincoln Imp

Lincoln Imp

The Lincoln Imp is considered as the symbol of the city of Lincoln. It can be found at the Lincoln Cathedral. Legend says that the existence of the Lincoln Imp at the Cathedral has a story behind it.

It all started on a windy and blowy day on the 14th century when the devil sent two mischievous imps to do bad things. They were sent to Chesterfield and caused the twisting of the church spire.

However, the strong gust of wind blew them all the way to Lincoln, where they entered the huge colossal stone cathedral. Being mischievous and evil, the two imps smashed tables and chairs, and even tripped the bishop. They destroyed almost everything including the church choir when an angel appears.

The angel ordered them to stop, but, the courageous of the two disobeyed her and, while stuck at a post, threw rocks at her. The angel turned the imp to stone, while she let the other one escape. Some argue that a witch came and helped the second and cowardly imp to escape being turned to stone.

Thus, as of the present, there is one stone imp to be found at the Lincoln Cathedral. Furthermore, it is one of the greatest proof of the triumph of good over evil.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paul Clement on 18:48 - Feb 8 with 3181 viewsCamberleyR

If, and it's a big if, a vacancy did arise, I would take a punt on Graham Potter. Performed absolute miracles in six years at Ostersunds in Sweden taking them from the fourth tier of Swedish football to the first, won them their first ever major honour with the Swedish cup which got them into the qualifying stages of the Europa League this season. They made it into the group stages, finished second and are now playing Arsenal in the last 32 of the competition.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Paul Clement on 10:06 - Feb 9 with 3034 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paul Clement on 18:48 - Feb 8 by CamberleyR

If, and it's a big if, a vacancy did arise, I would take a punt on Graham Potter. Performed absolute miracles in six years at Ostersunds in Sweden taking them from the fourth tier of Swedish football to the first, won them their first ever major honour with the Swedish cup which got them into the qualifying stages of the Europa League this season. They made it into the group stages, finished second and are now playing Arsenal in the last 32 of the competition.

He'd be an intriguing choice - echoes of how Hodgson's career started.

Bare bones.

Paul Clement on 11:58 - Feb 9 with 2990 viewsJamesB1979

Paul Clement on 01:13 - Feb 7 by PunteR

Id be happy with Ainsworth but would be slightly concerned about tarnishing his legend status. And lets be honest he will get pelters if he doesnt hit the ground running.
Look at the crap Ollie, Birch, ferdinand put up with.

Ainsworth? Would we look at him if he hadn’t played for us? Course not. No championship experiencd and lower league record is ok but not great.
And just because he played for us, you think he has some emotional attachment? Very much doubt the Faurlin saga kept him up at night. It’s a job end of. Only exceptions I can think of are Bircham and Gallen.
Paul Clement on 12:15 - Feb 9 with 2982 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paul Clement on 11:58 - Feb 9 by JamesB1979

Ainsworth? Would we look at him if he hadn’t played for us? Course not. No championship experiencd and lower league record is ok but not great.
And just because he played for us, you think he has some emotional attachment? Very much doubt the Faurlin saga kept him up at night. It’s a job end of. Only exceptions I can think of are Bircham and Gallen.

Ainsworth absolutely has a huge emotional attachment to us.
Also, a young manager doing well on a shoe string and with the lowest budget in League Two (purportedly all league two managers have huge respect for the job he's doing there) should certainly be on our radar, whether he has links to us or not.
I'd like to see you suggest to Gaz to his face that playing for QPR was just a job. Not sure how much of a nose you'd have left afterwards!

Bare bones.

Paul Clement on 12:30 - Feb 9 with 2968 viewsJamesB1979

Paul Clement on 12:15 - Feb 9 by Antti_Heinola

Ainsworth absolutely has a huge emotional attachment to us.
Also, a young manager doing well on a shoe string and with the lowest budget in League Two (purportedly all league two managers have huge respect for the job he's doing there) should certainly be on our radar, whether he has links to us or not.
I'd like to see you suggest to Gaz to his face that playing for QPR was just a job. Not sure how much of a nose you'd have left afterwards!

Having had a brief chat with him myself i don’t think punching someone for saying something like that is in his nature. Seems like a very nice chap. In any event my nose is already in a bad state, so happy to say that. You seem a bit defensive / annoyed about it old chap.
Paul Clement on 12:43 - Feb 9 with 2943 viewsMick_S

Paul Clement on 17:17 - Feb 8 by PunteR

That's how cartoon characters start their run. Or a 5 year old.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Paul Clement (n/t) on 03:20 - Jun 3 with 1768 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Clement on 08:11 - Jun 3 with 1565 viewspeejaybee

Thats Interesting

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024