Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut 04:32 - Apr 23 with 5746 viewsSuffolkHoop

According to the Telegraph.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/22/qpr-players-asked-consider-50-pe

Full article is behind a paywall unfortunately.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 4:34]
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 14:10 - Apr 24 with 988 viewsLazyFan

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:14 - Apr 24 by Miss_Terraces

There must be hundreds of players, who are kicking themselves for not signing a new deal. Their next deal won't be anywhere near as lucrative and I should imagine there will be more restrictions. Football clubs are not going to make the same mistake of having to play players, if there's no football.

Well depends. There was that out of contract player from Spuds who says he's got loads of offers now from the big teams as they cannot afford transfer fees. So, clubs will instead spend it on wages instead of transfer fees. Hence this is why prices on fees will be depressed.

I expected Spuds to pay £20m for Eze, now I will be glad if we get £10m. £2m for Manning and £5m for BOS. From which we should go out and rebuild the squad as clubs in the lower leagues will be even more desperate than us. We won't have to splash out £2m on WASHOUT. We can probably pay like £900K for top forwards and £500k for others.

Assuming we can survive, we shall actually be in a strong position in the transfer market. what will defo change is wages will come way down, unless you got in on a free and even then. If that is the case then hopefully we can sign Manning and BOS to renewals as their agents inform them that it's no better anywhere else and at least they get to play here.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024