Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome 19:17 - Jul 23 with 26579 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52685

This post has been edited by an administrator
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 06:20 - Jul 25 with 1808 viewsFaurlinho

Also very happy to chip in. Your writing and contributions to the podcast are fantastic.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 06:25 - Jul 25 with 1803 viewscyprusmel

I'll stand with you Clive, this site is to valuable to lose.
It's a life line for Ex Pats around the world.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 06:50 - Jul 25 with 1791 viewsRs_Holy

I’m in Clive... really appreciate the work you put it!
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 07:45 - Jul 25 with 1757 viewssexton

Another willing chipper-in here.

Agree with not making this a closed, paid-for only community. Agree that no extra content is necessary.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 08:36 - Jul 25 with 1715 viewsdistortR

I'd pay a premium if you'd 'allow' woking to post the images he wants to on a friday!!
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 08:37 - Jul 25 with 1713 viewsParkRoyalR

Would support consensus, would be willing to pay premium for match reports, especially when Clive's on the quill.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 08:48 - Jul 25 with 1695 viewsBlue_Castello

Morning first of all your match report was one of the best ever, it could only be written by an Rs fan, a man who has experienced all the highs and the even greater lows of our superb football club. I'm not sure what I enjoyed most but it has to be your recollection of the Eze goal, what it meant to all of us and how it encapsulated our feelings in those few seconds that he controlled the ball, left his man for dead and then dispatched the ball with such clinical finishing.
The mixed emotions of the evening were crazy, we were all tempted to say let's not try too hard and stuff Brentford BUT I'm proud of the way Warburton sent the team out to win, it totally kept the integrity of the competition, I do wonder if the boot was on the other foot how would Brentford have approached the game.....
The fact we had such an inexperienced side against West Brom who were packed with players on high wages commensurate to their achievements or potential, yet we stood up to them and played on the front foot, it made you feel proud of our club yet again. West Brom with their squad should have won that game at a canter, it just goes to show what team spirit, motivation and some very talented youngsters can achieve.

It comes as no shock to read the responses on this thread, your journalism is second to none and I would be lost without LFW and it's superb previews, match reports, forum, in fact all the content, I'm sure in fact I know my wife would have me down as one very sad case. As you can gather im more than happy to contribute but it should be kept open if possible so we can attract new readers and not deprive Rs fans of the pleasure.

As somebody has already mentioned it may well be worth seeing if there's company sponsorship available, I'm sure there's people on here who either own their own company or have a very senior position within a conpany. I'm sure it can be worked out and I look forward to the new season with the usual nervousness and trepidation as we plunge headlong yet again into the transfer market, fortunately I've started to trust Warburton time will tell......
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 08:50 - Jul 25 with 1692 viewsessextaxiboy

I would happily pay to keep the site as it is .We are lucky to have a pro jounalist as a fan .The community that has built up on here is now part of being a fan for me .
Thanks Clive
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 8:55]
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 08:51 - Jul 25 with 1691 viewsDejR_vu

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 14:05 - Jul 24 by Northernr

The big expense is the travel to the away games. Now I don't want it to sound like I want you guys to pay for me to go to QPR because that's taking the pis but it is a fact that I would be picking and choosing my aways these days if I didn't get paid to go. Now I'm not getting paid, so even if I did want to do a train-travelodge-meals-train Tuesday nighter at Blackburn I can't afford to do it. And when I get somebody else to do it, like Lee, we do pay them for that, as it's the right thing to do, so even not going costs me £30.

When we were in the Prem, and Ji-Sung Park was on board, this site would regularly do 200,000+ page impressions a day, and the economy was pretty good at that time so ad revenues were good and I was getting a very decent amount from here. It's dwindled over the years as QPR have got sht. Now it's gone completely because of the pandemic, literally £0 a month since March.

I want to keep it going but with the cut in salary at the day job as well now I'm not going to be able to afford to do football in the way I was before unless there's some income uptick somewhere. It's not even that much, few hundred quid a month would make a big difference.

Happy to contribute whatever’s necessary in whichever way works best for you Clive.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 09:00 - Jul 25 with 1669 viewslondonscottish

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:43 - Jul 24 by Northernr

Refined idea....

We ask people to sign up to a Patreon for next season to help meet the costs of our advertising money going away. Match previews and reports remain free to view (can't add a paywall to this platform). As a thank you for doing this and helping us through, whenever we do one of our big interviews we'll put the audio on the Patreon as a podcast for subscribers, starting with the two hour Ale Faurlin marathon. And I'll commit to doing say 12 big interviews across the season. Site stays as it is but we cover the funding gap, subscribers get a reward for subscribing without us turning into Arsenal Fan TV.

That makes sense to me. I like listening to long format audio stuff. Always looking for new content on topics that interest me.

I'd sign up for that model. Or happily chip in for another format that the majority prefer.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 09:08 - Jul 25 with 1648 viewsqprxtc

The thing is, for me, that my income could well dwindle down to zero on a few weeks. Great time for a f ucking restructure!

If I pass the test to getting my own job then, yes I’d gladly pay. If not, my schekles will be going towards cucumber and beans.

Much love to Clive and all who dwell therein.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 09:16 - Jul 25 with 1645 viewsLeedsR

Simply the best site for all things QPR based. A great forum and source of information, but above all, the best match reports and all-round previews, interviews and information written with skill, passion and wit of the highest order.

Clive, I’m amazed at how you’ve kept this going for so long in this format.

Like everyone who has added to this thread, LFW is an invaluable part of my pre and post match routine and makes me feel connected to the wider QPR family, without which the whole supporting QPR lark would be so much duller. Thank you.

You don’t need to do anything extra as far as I’m concerned. You do more than enough as it is.

I agree that it should be pay as you feel able, as people’s financial circumstances are different, and it would allow those not familiar with the site a way in. I for one, like so many, would be delighted to contribute on a monthly basis. It’ll be better than trying unsuccessfully to find you again in a Leeds pub after having seen you to buy you a drink to say thank you for all your writing (my Leeds mates were proper taking the p*** for me acting like a fanboy!!).

Damn right I’m in.
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 09:38 - Jul 25 with 1634 viewsloftboy

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 08:38 - Jul 24 by Northernr

I am examining options for next season, haven't seen a penny since March and that's not sustainable, particularly when travelling to matches comes back.

So far we're thinking of an option for people to donate, or sign up to chip in a bit each month - very Guardian I know but we can't put stuff behind a pay wall on this platform.

Or a Patreon with a post game podcast, recorded in the pub or on the train after the match. You wouldn't actually have to listen to it, but if as many people signed up to the Patreon as possible then that would cover our costs, and there'd also be some extra bonus material in the form of the podcast as a 'reward'. I'd have to perfect audio editing, and we're a bit worried that the last thing the world needs is another podcast, but yeh that was one idea we had.

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts...

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yep count me in

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 09:55 - Jul 25 with 1610 viewsGloryHunter

Only just found this thread. I'm in, whatever financial model you decide on.
Just wondering though, any way of sharing some of the income with A Kick Up The Rs? Or incorporating it into this site?
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:16 - Jul 25 with 1575 viewskarl

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 09:55 - Jul 25 by GloryHunter

Only just found this thread. I'm in, whatever financial model you decide on.
Just wondering though, any way of sharing some of the income with A Kick Up The Rs? Or incorporating it into this site?

Certainly be good to help advertise Daves online offering.
I've just started subscribing to him as well, obviously essential if we want to keep the quality product he and Clive offer.
Both important in their own way
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:19 - Jul 25 with 1574 viewsStanFan

This is very simple. The content on this site is worth paying for and I'd happily pay a monthly or once a season fee for the previews, reports and comment-pieces that Clive writes.

This is not charity, it is a fair price for something that is worth paying for. We have been lucky to get it for free for so long.

Clive, you have a real talent and are providing a fantastic service for fans around the world. You deserve to make something out of it.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:51 - Jul 25 with 1516 viewskarl

One thought I have had.
Although I, and most others, don't need any extras it may be worth bearing in mind for future growth of the subscription members that there is something separate for them to encourage the next generation of casual reader to decide that it is worth a modest payment.
We realise we have a great product we don't want to lose but these future subscribers need to feel there is extra value in making a payment. Clive can't put out an alarm call every couple of years to frighten us into action.
Hide Wokings Friday collection behind a pay wall perhaps...
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:04 - Jul 25 with 1499 viewsOldPedro

Happy to pay monthly to keep the site going - as with many others, I use this site nearly everyday, occasionally contribute to the forums and always read the previews and match reports. The quality of your writing is fantastic and would be missed if you had to stop.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:12 - Jul 25 with 1490 viewsBrianMcCarthy

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:51 - Jul 25 by karl

One thought I have had.
Although I, and most others, don't need any extras it may be worth bearing in mind for future growth of the subscription members that there is something separate for them to encourage the next generation of casual reader to decide that it is worth a modest payment.
We realise we have a great product we don't want to lose but these future subscribers need to feel there is extra value in making a payment. Clive can't put out an alarm call every couple of years to frighten us into action.
Hide Wokings Friday collection behind a pay wall perhaps...

Very good point, Karl.

You're quite intelligent for a Tory, aren't you?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:19 - Jul 25 with 1479 viewsJimmyR

Hi Clive,

Thanks for all the work you do, the reports/previews are hilarious, insightful, intelligent and i look forward to reading every one of them.

I often forward your reports onto friends who don’t even support QPR. They always say i really enjoyed reading that - who writes this stuff? The writing is exceptional.

I’m not sure how patron works but i would be happy to chuck you some money every month and a one off lump for the last 5+ years or however long i have been reading. I assume a solid monthly income would be best for you. You could set it at £1/3/5/10 p/m and have some sort of price draw at the end of every year if you feel you need to give something back. That wouldn’t be necessary for me, just an idea.

Personally i don’t always get round to listening to the podcasts - the ones i have listened to are always entertaining though

Thanks again for all your efforts
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:19 - Jul 25 with 1478 viewsQPRKirty

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:19 - Jul 25 by StanFan

This is very simple. The content on this site is worth paying for and I'd happily pay a monthly or once a season fee for the previews, reports and comment-pieces that Clive writes.

This is not charity, it is a fair price for something that is worth paying for. We have been lucky to get it for free for so long.

Clive, you have a real talent and are providing a fantastic service for fans around the world. You deserve to make something out of it.

I absolutely agree with this and much of everything else written on this thread. Journalism of the quality on this site is worth paying for and it certainly shouldn't be thought of as 'charity'.

Do what some of the newspapers do and have a voluntary subscription. You can then choose to pay and get certain privileges but can see most things free of charge if you choose to. In that way you'll still attract newer readers and our welcome 'guests' from other clubs. They will also donate in time when they realise what they've got.

Clive, don't be shy. You are a pro journalist, supplement/make a living out of this, we won't begrudge you. At the very least you should cover your expenses. I would be heartbroken if we lost this site because financially you can't do it anymore.

Mark
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:28 - Jul 25 with 1460 viewsericgen34

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 15:15 - Jul 24 by Northernr

We have had the idea of doing a book of classic reports. Both from things like the play-off final and 3-2 v Liverpool, but also the 0-0 v Stoke and 4-0 loss at Norwich when I went off on one.

That sounds great as well!
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:29 - Jul 25 with 1453 viewskarl

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:12 - Jul 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Very good point, Karl.

You're quite intelligent for a Tory, aren't you?

I'm running in the shadows up here Brian, on all the SNP Facebook pages standing next to Boris while he's getting a kicking. I have been accused of being a Fisherman, my fake gear is causing me problems😂
A lesser spotted Tory, I'm needing a thicker skin!
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:30 - Jul 25 with 1449 viewsAddinall

Another brilliant report.

I have a subscription list of one. The Guardian. I will happily make you number two.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:33 - Jul 25 with 1441 viewsStanFan

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:28 - Jul 25 by ericgen34

That sounds great as well!

I missed this (the book of classic reports). Top idea - I want it please!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 11:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024