Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report 16:55 - Sep 19 with 4386 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52934
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 07:54 - Sep 21 with 425 viewsswitchingcode

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:54 - Sep 20 by ManinBlack

I don't see why a Bees fan is on this site reading a Coventry v QPR match report. I wouldn't dream of going onto another's clubs forum to read a match report when QPR are not involved.

This forum is for R's fans to debate and talking amongst ourselves as to why Sky picked on us. I happen to know two Brentford fans are in the editorial team at Sky just by watching Sky doing a feature on themselves on their football coverage.

The fact is Brentford fans still harp on about 1960's events, I was suggesting, tongue in cheek, that it would not surprise me if one of these people was behind this suggestion my club is racist. I used the word perhaps when I said it, not definitely. I was doing my own mischief making but you would not know that as you don't know me or my dry humour.

For the record I actually believe the attack by Sky is purely because of their virtue signalling, that they expect all clubs to take the knee before all live games. They want that to show the watching nation, ha ha, that they are against racism and all the clubs back them.

I am sure Sky are not bothered if QPR don't make the gesture before a game that is not live but they expect us to partake when we are live. On this occasion perhaps we should have done when we knew it was televised. I don't buy Coventry's reasoning as they could have taken the knee even if QPR didn't want to.

To respond to your first bit ,why wouldn’t any rival fan not enjoy reading Clive’s reports.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 08:29 - Sep 21 with 394 viewsqprd

Well said at the end there, Clive
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 08:41 - Sep 21 with 387 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:54 - Sep 20 by ManinBlack

I don't see why a Bees fan is on this site reading a Coventry v QPR match report. I wouldn't dream of going onto another's clubs forum to read a match report when QPR are not involved.

This forum is for R's fans to debate and talking amongst ourselves as to why Sky picked on us. I happen to know two Brentford fans are in the editorial team at Sky just by watching Sky doing a feature on themselves on their football coverage.

The fact is Brentford fans still harp on about 1960's events, I was suggesting, tongue in cheek, that it would not surprise me if one of these people was behind this suggestion my club is racist. I used the word perhaps when I said it, not definitely. I was doing my own mischief making but you would not know that as you don't know me or my dry humour.

For the record I actually believe the attack by Sky is purely because of their virtue signalling, that they expect all clubs to take the knee before all live games. They want that to show the watching nation, ha ha, that they are against racism and all the clubs back them.

I am sure Sky are not bothered if QPR don't make the gesture before a game that is not live but they expect us to partake when we are live. On this occasion perhaps we should have done when we knew it was televised. I don't buy Coventry's reasoning as they could have taken the knee even if QPR didn't want to.

I don't know what he is doing here either but I tend to agree with his post there.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 09:46 - Sep 21 with 347 viewsNewBee

As I noted elsewhere, I come on here because I enjoy Clive's reports. Same as I like to eg read PG Wodehouse, even though I have no other interest in, or experience of, his world of 1930's Upper Class twits.

On top of which, we're all in the same division and going to be playing each other later, so why wouldn't I be interested in how Coventry and QPR are doing?

But I'll leave it there for now, so Toodle pip pro tem, Old Fruit (as 'The Master' might have said)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024